BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 415
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:20:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LOL, that's some awfully sour grapes right there!

JJ Watt:

5× Pro Bowl selection (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
5× First-team All-Pro selection (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
3× Associated Press NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2014, 2015)
3× Pro Football Writers Association NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2014, 2015)
3× Sporting News Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2014, 2015)
3× Pro Football Focus Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2013, 2014)
3× Pro Football Focus Best Player of the Year (2012, 2013, 2014)
4× Kansas City Committee of 101 AFC Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2014, 2015, 2018)
2× NFL sacks leader (2012, 2015)
AP NFL MVP runner-up (2014)
Bert Bell Award (2014)
Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year (2017)
Pro Bowl Defensive MVP (2014)
Ranked No. 5 in the Top 100 Players of 2013
Ranked No. 12 in the Top 100 Players of 2014
Ranked No. 1 in the Top 100 Players of 2015
Ranked No. 3 in the Top 100 Players of 2016
Ranked No. 35 in the Top 100 Players of 2017
Ranked No. 84 in the Top 100 Players of 2018
Ranked No. 12 in the Top 100 Players of 2019
Ranked No. 45 in the Top 100 Players of 2020
First player with multiple 20-sack seasons (2012, 2014)
4× PFWA All-NFL Team (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
6× AFC Defensive Player of the Month (Sep. 2012, Dec. 2012, Sep. 2014, Dec. 2014, Nov. 2015, Sep. 2018)[110]
Houston Texans franchise records
Most career sacks (101.0)
Most career forced (25) and recovered fumbles (16)

But clearly the Houston defense is far better off without him.  He was just holding them back!  Now we're going to see the genius of the Texan's front office!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, that's some awfully sour grapes right there!

JJ Watt:

5× Pro Bowl selection (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
5× First-team All-Pro selection (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
3× Associated Press NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2014, 2015)
3× Pro Football Writers Association NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2014, 2015)
3× Sporting News Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2014, 2015)
3× Pro Football Focus Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2013, 2014)
3× Pro Football Focus Best Player of the Year (2012, 2013, 2014)
4× Kansas City Committee of 101 AFC Defensive Player of the Year (2012, 2014, 2015, 2018)
2× NFL sacks leader (2012, 2015)
AP NFL MVP runner-up (2014)
Bert Bell Award (2014)
Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year (2017)
Pro Bowl Defensive MVP (2014)
Ranked No. 5 in the Top 100 Players of 2013
Ranked No. 12 in the Top 100 Players of 2014
Ranked No. 1 in the Top 100 Players of 2015
Ranked No. 3 in the Top 100 Players of 2016
Ranked No. 35 in the Top 100 Players of 2017
Ranked No. 84 in the Top 100 Players of 2018
Ranked No. 12 in the Top 100 Players of 2019
Ranked No. 45 in the Top 100 Players of 2020
First player with multiple 20-sack seasons (2012, 2014)
4× PFWA All-NFL Team (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
6× AFC Defensive Player of the Month (Sep. 2012, Dec. 2012, Sep. 2014, Dec. 2014, Nov. 2015, Sep. 2018)[110]
Houston Texans franchise records
Most career sacks (101.0)
Most career forced (25) and recovered fumbles (16)

But clearly the Houston defense is far better off without him.  He was just holding them back!  Now we're going to see the genius of the Texan's front office!

Bro, those stats are so relatively ancient that's like talking about how hot Heather Locklear is looking these days and then posting this pic as your evidence.

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:49:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Could be worse.  I remember when Dez was demanding his mega deal he tweeted out "I'm a loyal guy, but don't test my loyalty."

It's like: "dumbass, if your loyalty breaks when tested you weren't loyal in the first place."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SI reporting Dak wants 2nd highest yearly average (behind Mahomes) with the second largest contract ever (behind Mahomes).

Said it's about respect. Reportedly his camp/agent said that the Cowboys cap problems are not their problem.

that screams it's all about being able to pimp out the biggest available contract and nothing about respect. dak just wants to be 'that guy' with 'that contract.'

Could be worse.  I remember when Dez was demanding his mega deal he tweeted out "I'm a loyal guy, but don't test my loyalty."

It's like: "dumbass, if your loyalty breaks when tested you weren't loyal in the first place."

was that before his big deal with the cowboys?

dez needs to be a case study in how NOT to handle being a FA. it's so ironic he turned down that very lucrative deal with the ravens to rupture his achilles and three years later end up on the same team for way less money.

and i'm not even mad at dak trying to get as much money as he can, especially with that career threatening injury he sustained last season. and he's right, the cap situation isn't his problem. but we all agree it isn't about respect.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:51:32 AM EDT
[#3]
With the average length of career in the NFL, every single one of these guys should absolutely go after the money. They're very unlikely to make more at any other point in their life.

That said, there is something to be said for knowing your value. It is highly questionable to think Dak is worth anywhere close to Mahomes money, but he also has quite a bit of leverage in forcing that issue. And he's still worth enough that teams have to at least entertain the idea. Tim Boyle wouldn't be in the NFL if he flat out demanded 40m/yr, Dak at least makes a GM wonder if they could make it work.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:00:24 AM EDT
[#4]
how was dak tagged last year? exclusive?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:08:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

dez needs to be a case study in how NOT to handle being a FA. it's so ironic he turned down that very lucrative deal with the ravens to rupture his achilles and three years later end up on the same team for way less money.

and i'm not even mad at dak trying to get as much money as he can, especially with that career threatening injury he sustained last season. and he's right, the cap situation isn't his problem. but we all agree it isn't about respect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SI reporting Dak wants 2nd highest yearly average (behind Mahomes) with the second largest contract ever (behind Mahomes).

Said it's about respect. Reportedly his camp/agent said that the Cowboys cap problems are not their problem.

that screams it's all about being able to pimp out the biggest available contract and nothing about respect. dak just wants to be 'that guy' with 'that contract.'

Yup.  IIRC, he broke his ankle in week 2 of the following season and was never the same since.

I agree.  If you want to make max money, go for it.  But don’t give us some bullshit about “respect” when even a blind man can see it’s all about the money.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:50:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Please Tag DAK... more mediocre for the cowgirls! Hell even send Wilson there and it would be the same smell/shit.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:56:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:14:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:53:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
With the average length of career in the NFL, every single one of these guys should absolutely go after the money. They're very unlikely to make more at any other point in their life.

That said, there is something to be said for knowing your value. It is highly questionable to think Dak is worth anywhere close to Mahomes money, but he also has quite a bit of leverage in forcing that issue. And he's still worth enough that teams have to at least entertain the idea. Tim Boyle wouldn't be in the NFL if he flat out demanded 40m/yr, Dak at least makes a GM wonder if they could make it work.
View Quote

I think Dak is trying for a Cousins 2.0.  If he plays next season on the franchise tag, then he's going to hit free agency the following year (because I don't think a team can realistically absorb the salary cap for QB tag in 3rd season) and the highest bidder will retain his services.

In my mind if Jerry doesn't get a long term deal done by the cutoff date for the tag in March, then he'd better start figuring out a long term Plan B at QB
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 9:59:55 AM EDT
[#10]
We all know by now that loyalty in the NFL means show me the money. Trade him for Wilson if Jerry wants best bang for the buck.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
To be fair, he has all the power. What do you do with power? You flex it.
They offer him a deal he doesn't like, he says no. What can the Cowboys do about it? Franchise tag him, or let him walk.
They tag him. He gets $38M fully guaranteed, and then gets to bet on himself playing well, and do it all over again next season.
They let him walk. In this market? THIS off season? A dozen teams are offering him a deal before the end of the day.

Kinda like JJ's camp. What does, "I want to play for a contender," mean? It either means you're taking a discount to play on a good team, or you're flexing that a lower level team needs to PAY UP.
View Quote

He will kill any team with that contract.

He needs good talent around him to succeed and unless the salary cap skyrockets they won’t be able to surround him with talent.  They should never have paid Zeke, not only was it a waste of money but it also set this up.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:14:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I think Dak has mistimed the market. The Eagles regret Wentz, the Rams regret Goff, and the Vikings regret Cousins. Those are Dak's comps, not Mahomes.  

Now I think the Mahomes and Rodgers will still command that kind of money, but with better college talent and a lower salary cap, I think you see some downwards pressure on those second tier guys.  Is Dak really worth twice as much as Tannehill?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think Dak has mistimed the market. The Eagles regret Wentz, the Rams regret Goff, and the Vikings regret Cousins. Those are Dak's comps, not Mahomes.  

Now I think the Mahomes and Rodgers will still command that kind of money, but with better college talent and a lower salary cap, I think you see some downwards pressure on those second tier guys.  Is Dak really worth twice as much as Tannehill?
View Quote

Not a chance. That 20M difference is worth a Pro Bowl LT and CB, in terms of the cost above just a good player.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
how was dak tagged last year? exclusive?
View Quote
Yes. Exclusive.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

He needs good talent around him to succeed and unless the salary cap skyrockets they won’t be able to surround him with talent.  They should never have paid Zeke, not only was it a waste of money but it also set this up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To be fair, he has all the power. What do you do with power? You flex it.
They offer him a deal he doesn't like, he says no. What can the Cowboys do about it? Franchise tag him, or let him walk.
They tag him. He gets $38M fully guaranteed, and then gets to bet on himself playing well, and do it all over again next season.
They let him walk. In this market? THIS off season? A dozen teams are offering him a deal before the end of the day.

Kinda like JJ's camp. What does, "I want to play for a contender," mean? It either means you're taking a discount to play on a good team, or you're flexing that a lower level team needs to PAY UP.

I think franchise QB contracts are killing a lot of teams.  Seattle is a good illustration.  It seems like you either need to hit it right on a rookie QB and build a team before the QB rookie deal is up or build your team and then bring in a veteran.

It seems very difficult to build a team and then keep maintaining that team once the QB's second deal kicks in and hammers the salary cap.

That said, I think very NFL QB should work to get every last cent they can.  The salary cap is an owner's and front office issue, not a player issue.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The cap is an artificial construct.  If the NFL as a body should become very concerned with the size of the cap as it relates to fielding competitive teams, the NFL can change the cap, how big it is and how it works.
View Quote

Disagree, disagree, disagree. I believe the cap in the NFL is the best designed salary management limiter in all of the professional sports.

It is worked out as a very specific percentage of revenue and earnings. It guarantees that the players will always make a set amount of the pool that the league and owners bring in. Every time revenue goes up, the players get more money. That's why the players ultimately voted yes for the 17th game and the extra playoff teams. Those games bring in more revenue, which then directly goes into their pockets. ESPECIALLY for the minimum earners as it bumps up the minimum salary a good chunk.

Every team operates under the exact same conditions, the cap has zero relevance to the competitiveness of the league. It is all about how a team applies their cap and their ability to scout talent (and their ability to convince players to buy into their system at a set price).

Meanwhile franchise tags are in place to prevent the instant poaching of talent while guaranteeing the players still receive a good contract amount (fully guaranteed) and has limits in place to prevent a team from locking that player down forever so they can move on if they want to (in time).

It is an absolute win win for everyone involved.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:59:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think franchise QB contracts are killing a lot of teams.  Seattle is a good illustration.  It seems like you either need to hit it right on a rookie QB and build a team before the QB rookie deal is up or build your team and then bring in a veteran.

It seems very difficult to build a team and then keep maintaining that team once the QB's second deal kicks in and hammers the salary cap.

That said, I think very NFL QB should work to get every last cent they can.  The salary cap is an owner's and front office issue, not a player issue.
View Quote

I agree with all of this though. Just not your comments about the cap itself.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#18]
As I previously said yesterday, I didn't believe that tweet about Indy/Cle offering Watt more money for one fucking second. That dude was full of shit.

That $12M per year was what everyone was expecting Watt's MAX to be. Arizona offered that just in the GUARANTEED money with more on top. No one else was offering that. No one. If they did, he wouldn't be in Arizona.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:04:11 PM EDT
[#19]
JJ spoke with Marshall Goldberg's daughter and she gave him her blessing to use her father's retired #99 in Arizona. JJ reportedly asked if her father had a charity where he could make a donation in his honor.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/02/jj-watt-ellen-tullos-99-retire-arizona-cardinals-marshall-goldberg/
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Ariel's (the 5 year old girl injured by Reid's DUI son) family's attorney was on Good Morning America this morning.

According to the attorney the little girl is still hospitalized and still in critical condition. She is awake, but she is unable to speak or walk. Likely has permanent brain damage.

"We're going to be advocating for the most serious charges and the most serious sentence that Britt could ever receive."
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:17:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Shannon Sharpe calling out Mike Tomlin big time. Worth a click and a listen IMO.

Tomlin spoke out about the lack of hiring of black coaches, citing Bieniemy's situation. Said it is a critical issue. However it was pointed out that Tomlin has not hired a single black OC or DC in his 14 years as a head coach.

Tomlin's response was, "I always do what is best for our organization... I'm highly sensitive to it, but I don't regret (not having a Black coordinator)."

Shannon calls him out for that bullshit. Saying that other teams need to hire black coaches but he hasn't hired a single one.

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
JJ spoke with Marshall Goldberg's daughter and she gave him her blessing to use her father's retired #99 in Arizona. JJ reportedly asked if her father had a charity where he could make a donation in his honor.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/02/jj-watt-ellen-tullos-99-retire-arizona-cardinals-marshall-goldberg/
View Quote

Damn. That's pretty classy on both sides.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:25:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Disagree, disagree, disagree. I believe the cap in the NFL is the best designed salary management limiter in all of the professional sports.

It is worked out as a very specific percentage of revenue and earnings. It guarantees that the players will always make a set amount of the pool that the league and owners bring in. Every time revenue goes up, the players get more money. That's why the players ultimately voted yes for the 17th game and the extra playoff teams. Those games bring in more revenue, which then directly goes into their pockets. ESPECIALLY for the minimum earners as it bumps up the minimum salary a good chunk.

Every team operates under the exact same conditions, the cap has zero relevance to the competitiveness of the league. It is all about how a team applies their cap and their ability to scout talent (and their ability to convince players to buy into their system at a set price).

Meanwhile franchise tags are in place to prevent the instant poaching of talent while guaranteeing the players still receive a good contract amount (fully guaranteed) and has limits in place to prevent a team from locking that player down forever so they can move on if they want to (in time).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The cap is an artificial construct.  If the NFL as a body should become very concerned with the size of the cap as it relates to fielding competitive teams, the NFL can change the cap, how big it is and how it works.

I do actually agree with you on how the salary cap affects the league.  My point was more along the lines of disagreeing with the fans or talking heads who talk about "home town discounts" or how if each player just took a smaller contract their team could possibly win more.  I think every player should work (or their representation should work) to secure the best contract they can.  Which may not always be the absolute highest bidder, as with any job, there are always factors besides compensation.

But to say any player should take less money simply to help the team, I totally disagree.  

I wasn't so much saying there should be no salary cap, just pointing out if the salary cap truly was a problem with improving play, it could be modified.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I do actually agree with you on how the salary cap affects the league.  My point was more along the lines of disagreeing with the fans or talking heads who talk about "home town discounts" or how if each player just took a smaller contract their team could possibly win more.  I think every player should work (or their representation should work) to secure the best contract they can.  Which may not always be the absolute highest bidder, as with any job, there are always factors besides compensation.

But to say any player should take less money simply to help the team, I totally disagree.  

I wasn't so much saying there should be no salary cap, just pointing out if the salary cap truly was a problem with improving play, it could be modified.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. The average career in the NFL is 3 years and that wouldn't even get you off a drafted rookie contract. In order to make money, you have to get through to your 2nd contract. Every player should do everything they can to maximize that contract. Highest guarantees you can get.

But there are also other situations where sometimes taking a step back and taking a smaller deal can definitely benefit their career long term (Fournette signing with the Bucs for $2M this year, going off, now looking at a lot more money).

As for hometown discounts or taking less money to win. That is for veteran players. No young guy should ever be thought to take a discount to stick around, they NEED to make that money still. But guys like Tom who was already wealthy beyond relief, who then WILLINGLY, on his own, decided to take a smaller amount? GREAT. That's awesome, but should never be expected.

And for veteran guys, who have already earned that money, who haven't found a ring? It's up to them, but if that ring is important, they should definitely be prepared to take a huge discount (if necessary) to get themselves on the right team to have a shot. Which is what we expected JJ to do, but that money he got from ARI would be hard to turn down.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#25]
As I said many pages ago now. There's a realllllllly busy couple days coming up quick.

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:53:37 PM EDT
[#26]
ESPN Insider Jeff Darlington reporting the Bears have made a "massive offer" for Watson.

"It's gonna be tough to find a team that's willing to give up as much as the Bears will right now."

DO IT! Come on Texans. Help some lowly Bears out.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I thought the cap was supposed to be set last week? I wonder what the hold up is, TV contracts?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:56:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
ESPN Insider Jeff Darlington reporting the Bears have made a "massive offer" for Watson.

"It's gonna be tough to find a team that's willing to give up as much as the Bears will right now."

DO IT! Come on Texans. Help some lowly Bears out.
View Quote
I hope they do it, all my friends are Bears fans and I'd love to give them shit for years while they keep missing the playoffs.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I thought the cap was supposed to be set last week? I wonder what the hold up is, TV contracts?
View Quote

Was originally estimated to be announced this week. Now sounding like they are expecting it next Monday.

Might not just be TV contract delays. May be related to figuring out the 17th game and the playoffs. Both things will change the cap evaluation.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#30]

So... Could be Deshaun Watson, Alex Smith, Mitch Trubisky, Marcus Mariota, Nick Foles, Sam Darnold, Jimmy Garappolo, Russell Wilson, Teddy Bridgewater...

Fuck. Anyone could be QB of the Bears next season. Fucking ANYONE.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Was originally estimated to be announced this week. Now sounding like they are expecting it next Monday.

Might not just be TV contract delays. May be related to figuring out the 17th game and the playoffs. Both things will change the cap evaluation.
View Quote

Yup like said, gonna get very sporty soon then...
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I hope they do it, all my friends are Bears fans and I'd love to give them shit for years while they keep missing the playoffs.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Buccaneers currently have one of the EASIEST 2021 strength of schedules (based on 2020 results). But, it is even easier than that when you look into it further.

HOME
Atlanta Falcons
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers
Chicago Bears
Dallas Cowboys
Miami Dolphins
New Orleans Saints
New York Giants

AWAY
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
Los Angeles Rams
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
New York Jets
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Football Team

Drew Brees is gone.
Panthers have QB controversy and want to move on from Bridgewater.
Falcons are perpetual can't get rights.
Bears, who the fuck knows who their QB will be.
NFC East still looks like ass. WFT and Eagles have QB questions. Jones sucks.
Will Tua be working for the Dolphins?
Patriots are in the tanker.
Jets? Psh.

So realistically, who's a tough opponent? Bills. Cowboos if they get Dak worked out. Rams. And they get the Bills and Cowboos at home.

I know we're super early, but this is looking like one of the easiest return routes to the playoffs I've seen in a while.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

You’re almost 100% backwards here.

Dak is easily better than Goof, Cousins, and Wentz.

More importantly, the timing couldn’t have played out much better. Dak has Jerry by the balls, and he’s pretty much in a win win situation. Tagging Dak is a terrible option with 2021s cap situation. Jerry’s options are to give Dak whatever the hell he wants, let him go to FA... where he’ll get whatever the hell he wants, or break the damn roster with moves to permit a tag.

It’s not about what Dak is worth relative to existing QB contracts. It’s about what Dak is worth relative to the other QBs available right now and whatever price the market will bear.

Dak doesn’t just have the upper hand. He has pretty much the whole deck.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Shannon Sharpe calling out Mike Tomlin big time. Worth a click and a listen IMO.

Tomlin spoke out about the lack of hiring of black coaches, citing Bieniemy's situation. Said it is a critical issue. However it was pointed out that Tomlin has not hired a single black OC or DC in his 14 years as a head coach.

Tomlin's response was, "I always do what is best for our organization... I'm highly sensitive to it, but I don't regret (not having a Black coordinator)."

Shannon calls him out for that bullshit. Saying that other teams need to hire black coaches but he hasn't hired a single one.

View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#36]

That is a surprise. He only played 1 of the 4 years on the contract they gave him. Was scheduled to be a $13.9M cap hit. $4.125M dead cap.

Still has juice in the tank. Had a rough 2020 but I don't know how much of that was the Dolphins because he was legit with the Pats in 2019. Someone will pick him up (for less money).
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That is a surprise. He only played 1 of the 4 years on the contract they gave him. Was scheduled to be a $13.9M cap hit. $4.125M dead cap.

Still has juice in the tank. Someone will pick him up (for less money).
View Quote
He played well enough but this frees up cap space and gives Andrew Van Ginkel a bigger role. Van Ginkel has played better and is a playmaker.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Still has juice in the tank. Had a rough 2020 but I don't know how much of that was the Dolphins because he was legit with the Pats in 2019. Someone will pick him up (for less money).
View Quote

He is a great guest when he goes on McAfee's show
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Saints defensive end Cam Jordan says the Saints will win a Super Bowl if Russell Wilson joins the Saints.

Then he goes back and explains it is true IF Wilson plays the same way he did in the first 8 games of 2020 for an entire season with the current Saints roster.

Cam... You're an idiot. Go home.

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:32:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Not a chance. That 20M difference is worth a Pro Bowl LT and CB, in terms of the cost above just a good player.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'd have to get very, very lucky to pull that off. Laremy Tunsil by himself is making $22M a season on average.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You'd have to get very, very lucky to pull that off. Laremy Tunsil by himself is making $22M a season on average.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

pro bowl CB's make  a lot as well.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ariel's (the 5 year old girl injured by Reid's DUI son) family's attorney was on Good Morning America this morning.

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/uNUtBpUQ6bvVgmrgo8GGkw--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTk2MDtoPTUxMS41Nzg5NDczNjg0MjEwNA--/https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/7htUsAfiiCKml0X_AvylnQ--~B/aD0zMjQ7dz02MDg7YXBwaWQ9eXRhY2h5b24-/https://media.zenfs.com/en/us.abcnews.gma.com/6d5bd347584656b419136cef01d35d8d

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/wCyw4UXrwLYXPzW8q8UvzA--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTk2MDtoPTU0MA--/https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/LjSVcWWKSMNIhqQNTNHDrA--~B/aD0zNDI7dz02MDg7YXBwaWQ9eXRhY2h5b24-/https://media.zenfs.com/en/us.abcnews.gma.com/b32b8b991176208f1056a72d3b927639

According to the attorney the little girl is still hospitalized and still in critical condition. She is awake, but she is unable to speak or walk. Likely has permanent brain damage.

"We're going to be advocating for the most serious charges and the most serious sentence that Britt could ever receive."
View Quote

Anything about whether they'll be naming Andy Reid and/or the Chiefs in the lawsuit?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Anything about whether they'll be naming Andy Reid and/or the Chiefs in the lawsuit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/uNUtBpUQ6bvVgmrgo8GGkw--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTk2MDtoPTUxMS41Nzg5NDczNjg0MjEwNA--/https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/7htUsAfiiCKml0X_AvylnQ--~B/aD0zMjQ7dz02MDg7YXBwaWQ9eXRhY2h5b24-/https://media.zenfs.com/en/us.abcnews.gma.com/6d5bd347584656b419136cef01d35d8d

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/wCyw4UXrwLYXPzW8q8UvzA--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTk2MDtoPTU0MA--/https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/LjSVcWWKSMNIhqQNTNHDrA--~B/aD0zNDI7dz02MDg7YXBwaWQ9eXRhY2h5b24-/https://media.zenfs.com/en/us.abcnews.gma.com/b32b8b991176208f1056a72d3b927639

Criminal then civil is my guess. But you know it's coming. If your attorney is on Good Morning America you're setting up for stuff.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#44]
NO TAKE BACKS!

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Typical millionaire libtard hypocrite. Everyone else has to do the "right thing" except them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, and what do average vets make? Running down the list, the 16th highest paid is Brian Bulaga at 10M.

Corners? #16 is Logan Ryan at 10.3.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#47]
NFL Network's Jane Slater got a taste of the Twitter goons.  Unpaid internships is serious business.

NFL NETWORK REPORTER JANE SLATER’S BEING DRAGGED FOR POSTING AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yes, and what do average vets make? Running down the list, the 16th highest paid is Brian Bulaga at 10M.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he was replying to the PRO BOWL level part.

2020 Pro Bowl CBs:
Xavien Howard $15M avg
Tre'Davious White $17.25M avg
Marlon Humphrey $19.5M avg
Stephon Gilmore $13M avg
Jalen Ramsey $20M avg
James Bradberry $14.5M avg
Jaire Alexander $3M avg (ROOKIE CONTRACT)
Mashon Lattimore $3.9M avg (ROOKIE CONTRACT)

So removing rookie deals, the avg for a 2020 Pro Bowl corner was $16.5M per year.

Edit: 2020 Pro Bowl Tackles (LT + RT):
Laremy Tunsil $22M avg
Eric Fisher $12M avg
David Bakhtiari $23M avg
Trent Williams $13.6M avg
Terron Armstead $13M avg
Orlando Brown $870K (ROOKIE CONTRACT)

Not counting the rookie contract, $16.7M per year.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:56:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

2020 Pro Bowl CBs:
Xavien Howard $15M avg
Stephon Gilmore $13M avg
Jalen Ramsey $20M avg

So removing rookie deals, the avg for a 2020 Pro Bowl corner was $16.5M per year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2020 Pro Bowl CBs:
Xavien Howard $15M avg
Stephon Gilmore $13M avg
Jalen Ramsey $20M avg

I must have been unclear. I was referring to cost above replacement. A stud LT costs about 10M more than an average vet. A stud CB costs the same more. Hence, 10+10=20.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I must have been unclear. I was referring to cost above replacement. A stud LT costs about 10M more than an average vet. A stud CB costs the same more. Hence, 10+10=20.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2020 Pro Bowl CBs:
Xavien Howard $15M avg
Stephon Gilmore $13M avg
Jalen Ramsey $20M avg

Gotcha. Missed that myself.
Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top