BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 415
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Godwin is getting tagged. Dupree is not.
View Quote
Wonder if another team will take a flier on Dupree?

Steelers cannot afford to pay Dupree.
Not with their cap hell and big needs.

Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Apparently DPD is investigating Dak for elder abuse.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:31:54 PM EDT
[#6]
The first post on page 300 was a bit better than the first post on page 400.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

should've paid more attention!

so, HK, are you happy with Dak's contract or what?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Allen Robinson just got tagged again.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#9]
As expected.

[Schefter] Bears placed franchise tag on WR Allen Robinson, per source.

Edit: Beat by 10 seconds.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#10]
[Corry] Shaquil Barrett to Chris Godwin on the franchise tag: "Better you than me."
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As expected.

[Schefter] Bears placed franchise tag on WR Allen Robinson, per source.

Edit: Beat by 10 seconds.
View Quote

i got lucky beating you, just happened to have twitter and arf open at the time.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:59:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Stephen A made the Dak signing about race this morning. Basically saying because he wasn't signed sooner is due to him being of color.  Biggest race baiter in sports.
View Quote

Wait a minute.  When Dak went down with his injury didn't he imply Jerry Jones was racist so he wouldn't give him his deal because he was black?

And now that Jerry did exactly what Smith said he wouldn't it doesn't matter.  Jerry is STILL racist because...... um.... well...... HE DIDN'T GIVE HIM HIS DEAL SOONER!
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I view it as a necessary evil.  I'm not sure what else they were supposed to do at this point.  Let their top 10 QB walk and then what?  Roll the dice on a QB with the first round pick?  Spend a LOT to trade up and roll the dice on a QB with a higher first round pick? Sign a veteran/backup that no one wants to be your starter?

I see the stats about teams winning a Super Bowl when their QB accounts for X amount of the team salary, but what about how many teams won the Super Bowl without a top 10 QB AND without an elite defense? Besides Foles (a once in a lifetime miracle) and Eli (backed by arguably the greatest defensive performance in Super Bowl history) I think maybe Brad Johnson is the only one this century and even that was damn near two decades ago.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Allen Robinson just got tagged again.
View Quote
Sucks for him. Having to stay in Chicago
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:28:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I view it as a necessary evil.  I'm not sure what else they were supposed to do at this point.  Let their top 10 QB walk and then what?  Roll the dice on a QB with the first round pick?  Spend a LOT to trade up and roll the dice on a QB with a higher first round pick? Sign a veteran/backup that no one wants to be your starter?

I see the stats about teams winning a Super Bowl when their QB accounts for X amount of the team salary, but what about how many teams won the Super Bowl without a top 10 QB AND without an elite defense? Besides Foles (a once in a lifetime miracle) and Eli (backed by arguably the greatest defensive performance in NFL history) I think maybe Brad Johnson is the only one this century and even that was damn near two decades ago.
View Quote

I'm not sure exactly what you're considering an elite defense, but lets just be generous and say "a top 10 defense" will be enough to be considered elite. I'll go down the list and highlight the teams that didn't have a top 10 QB, although I'm not going to seriously double check the QB stats that year, I'm just going to base it off "in general."

The 2017 Eagles were a top 5 defense.
The 2015 Broncos were a top 5 defense and they had Manning, but he was simply a game manager at that point, not really a true top 10 QB IMO.
The 2012 Ravens are just outside the top 10 on defense that year, but Flacco also played out of his mind that postseason and could possibly have been considered a top 10 QB although his season stats are outside of it.
The 2011 and 2007 Giants aren't in the top 10 defensively either, and I forget which one of those was their standout defensive performance (and maybe I just don't remember it well, but you'd rank it higher than this years Bucs vs KC or the Pats vs the Rams?). 2011 Eli would be considered a 10 QB though.
The 2002 Bucs were the #1 defense that year.
The 2000 Ravens were the #1 defense.

It starts getting fuzzy for me in the very early 90's on who was "a top 10 QB" (like in 91 was Mark Rypien considered top 10? I don't remember) so I'll just highlight any team who didn't have a top 10 defense.

The 1987 Redskins are possibly not a top 10 defense. Ranked 6th in points and 18th in yards. Depends which ranking you value more, or how you'd average it. Doug Williams at QB in SB/post season, Jay Schroeder during most of the regular season. Hard to judge on stats since there was mixed play, but it looks a lot like the Nick Foles/Carson Wentz situation where the backup came in and played lights out despite not truly being elite.
The 1983 Raiders are possibly not a top 10 defense. Ranked 13th in points and 4th in yards. Depends which ranking you value more, or how you'd average it. Jim Plunkett at QB. Glancing at the passing stats for 83 I'd lean towards him at least not performing as a top 10 QB that year.
The 1980 Raiders are possibly not a top 10 defense. Ranked 10th in points and 11th in yards. Depends which ranking you value more, or how you'd average it. Jim Plunkett at QB. Glancing at the passing stats for 80 I'd lean towards him at least not performing as a top 10 QB that year.
The 1976 Raiders are not a top 10 defense. Ken Stabler at QB though, and he was a top 10 QB.

That's it.

55 Super Bowls and we have a list of 11 winners who either didn't have a top 10 QB, or didn't have a top 10 defense. And inside that list you have teams/QB's that may not have ranked that way over the course of the season but certainly played that way when it counted, and teams/QB's whose possible top 10 ranking is at least debatable. So only 2 teams didn't have either, 2012 Ravens and 2007 Giants, 5 total if you want to count the 80/83 Raiders and 87 Redskins but those would be debatable.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:31:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 3/9/2021 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#20]

2 years, $25M, $20M guaranteed, 3 void years (5 year total max as allowed). Will only be around a $3.5M cap hit in 2021.

Combine with the reported Brady restructure/extensions negotiations, the Bucs are getting started on the pay down the road for continued success RIGHT NOW template.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Spotrac has the full details on the Dak contract up. Weighted real heavy in the 3rd and 4th years (cap wise). Has $13.2M of carry over in the void. If he signs another extension to stay with the Cowboys after this they could roll up a ton of that 2024 $29M base salary into a bonus and extend out the cap hit again if need be at that point.

2021: $9M base, $13.2M signing bonus, $22M cap, $95M dead cap, $75M cash
2022: $20M base, $13.2M signing bonus, $33.2M cap, $72.8M dead cap, $20M cash
2023: $31M base, $13.2M signing bonus, $44.2M cap, $39.6M dead cap, $31M cash
2024: $29M base, $13.2M signing bonus, $5M roster bonus, $47.2M cap, $26.4M dead cap, $34M cash
2025: void year, $13.2M signing bonus, $13.2 cap, $13.2 dead cap
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#22]

His cap for 21 was supposed to be $14.2M, $4M dead cap. Frees up $10.2M. He had 2 years left of a 5 year deal.

Undrafted free agent > Super Bowl hero > starter > benched in a Super Bowl > $$$$$$$$ > cut.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 6:57:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

His cap for 21 was supposed to be $14.2M, $4M dead cap. Frees up $10.2M. He had 2 years left of a 5 year deal.

Undrafted free agent > Super Bowl hero > starter > benched in a Super Bowl > $$$$$$$$ > cut.
View Quote

It’s funny to listen to the crazy conspiracy theories some Patriots fans have about that.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's funny to listen to the crazy conspiracy theories some Patriots fans have about that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's funny to listen to the crazy conspiracy theories some Patriots fans have about that.

The only people who know for sure are Bill and Malcolm and neither of them are talking about it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The only people who know for sure are Bill and Malcolm and neither of them are talking about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read somewhere that his situation was a perfect storm of bad things in his orbit:

1. He was playing poorly overall that year and in the playoffs.
2. He missed or was late to (a) meeting(s).
3. He missed the team plane on the way to the Super Bowl.
and...
4. He got into a fight with one of his coaches.
and...
5. That coach was Belichick's son.

If all those are true (and nobody but a handful of people would know for sure), I can see why they benched him. Still, if he played that game, I think they would have won it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I read somewhere that his situation was a perfect storm of bad things in his orbit:

and...
and...

If all those are true (and nobody but a handful of people would know for sure), I can see why they benched him. Still, if he played that game, I think they would have won it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and...
and...

Those make too much sense.  My favorite is the one that claims Belichick benched Butler because he was intentionally trying to lose the Super Bowl to stick it to Kraft and/or Brady.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Those make too much sense.  My favorite is the one that claims Belichick benched Butler because he was intentionally trying to lose the Super Bowl to stick it to Kraft and/or Brady.
View Quote

Man, he sure showed Brady.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That particular theory is based on the popular opinion that Belichick wanted to keep Garoppolo and trade Brady, but Kraft overruled him and instead kept Brady and traded Garoppolo.  Where it starts to get into tinfoil hat territory is when it claims Belichick decided to get back at Kraft/prove he was right by trying to lose the Super Bowl with Kraft's "guy."
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#29]
didn't browner say butler got caught smoking weed too?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
didn't browner say butler got caught smoking weed too?
View Quote
Every guy on that team has a different reason why Butler was benched.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#31]

Here comes the big wave of cuts and restructures.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow...lower than I thought of 185mil.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

So the Saints only have to cut 56 million... That alone should be interesting to watch.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So the Saints only have to cut 56 million... That alone should be interesting to watch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saints are in trouble.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Melvin Gordon has had his DUI charges dismissed in return for pleading guilty to reckless driving and excessive speeding (8 points on his license).

Nice to know drunk driving isn't a real crime as long as you have a nice lawyer and are a little famous. I'm sure he paid a nice "fine" to the district.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sanders frees up $6.5M (was set to be $10.5M, $4M dead cap).
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:19:08 PM EDT
[#38]
With the cap finally being set, we now know the actual franchise tag values. There were only 9 franchise tags this year. Much lower than usual.

NYG DL Leonard Williams: $19.35M
WFT G Brandon Scheff: $18.04M
CHI WR Allen Robinson: $18M
TB WR Chris Godwin: $15.98M
JAX T Cam Robinson: $13.75M
CAR T Taylor Moton $13.75M
DEN S Justin Simmons: $13.73M
NYJ S Marcus Maye: $10.61M
NO S Marcus Williams: $10.61M
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:26:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Lavonte David spoke with Brandon Marshall. Stated that the Bucs will bring back Shaq and are working on bringing back Suh as well. Keeping the whole defensive band together.

Right now looking like Fournette is the only obvious one not coming back. Brown definitely still up in the air. Assumed that either one of the tight ends, Brate or Howard, will be gone.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:33:53 PM EDT
[#40]
PointsBet odds for Aaron Jones' team in 2021:

Dolphins +325
49ers + 375
Packers +500
Cardinals +500
Jets +500
Steelers +500
Seahawks +800
Bears +1,100
Falcons +1,700
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Melvin Gordon has had his DUI charges dismissed in return for pleading guilty to reckless driving and excessive speeding (8 points on his license).

Nice to know drunk driving isn't a real crime as long as you have a nice lawyer and are a little famous. I'm sure he paid a nice "fine" to the district.
View Quote

He reportedly, officially, paid a fine of only $429.

Not bad when are you are caught doing something illegal that kills 10,000+ ppl in the US every year.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Not bad when are you are caught doing something illegal that kills 10,000+ ppl in the US every year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would like to see the recent donations to city funds / events / organizations / election funds / etc.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

7-9? That's a bold statement.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#44]

In the Super Bowl Lavonte David allowed 60 yards on 13 targets (4.6 yards per target, including garbage time) and held Travis Kelce to just 23 yards on 5 targets as the nearest defender.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:45:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do play the NFC East and AFC East next year, so they could score some wins on the Jets/Pats and the Giants/Eagles/WFT. They do have one of the easier schedules in the NFL next year. So they could suck there way to a 10-6 record, wildcard entry, first round out.

But I would certainly enjoy a dumpster fire more.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#46]

I want to have a Shabbat dinner with the squirrel... Do I just need to go on Twitch and say some shit?
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 1:07:20 PM EDT
[#47]
It begins:

Link Posted: 3/10/2021 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is he a first timer?  My understanding is that isn't that uncommon.  Where they get you is in order to get that deal, you have to pay thousands for some kind of course/counseling, and for the interlock device.  Of course, thousands to an NFL player is jack shit.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/icyeQON.png?1

I want to have a Shabbat dinner with the squirrel... Do I just need to go on Twitch and say some shit?
View Quote

i love the crickets from everyone on this. and i don't even give a shit about what he said, just gotta love the media hypocrisy.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

i love the crickets from everyone on this. and i don't even give a shit about what he said, just gotta love the media hypocrisy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/icyeQON.png?1

Kike is one of those words I've literally never heard a person say out loud. Only ever seen it written. And I lived with a Jew for a year.
Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top