Browns +150

Ravens +225

Bengals +250

Steelers +1000

View Quote

I’d take bengals at that price all day.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#2]
As a colt house I asked my hot super model wife who she wants at qb.

Her professional analysis was jimmy G. He’s cuter.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yikes.
View Quote

Please be real.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Odds to win AFC North

Browns +150

Ravens +225

Bengals +250

Steelers +1000

I wish I could find a way to bet against a team winning their division, but all I can find is betting against them making the postseason.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They do get to destroy the career of another qb. There is that.
View Quote
With the 100% guarantee he could get Theismann'd in week one and walk away with all of it. Who gives a shit, never play another game again, sleep on a bed of $100's.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Imagine having never played a single snap of your crazy high dollar contract extension, facing 2 dozen sexual assault accusations, and then still demanding more money...
View Quote

I’m glad that bullet was dodged.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imagine having never played a single snap of your crazy high dollar contract extension, facing 2 dozen sexual assault accusations, and then still demanding more money...

I'm baffled at why some Falcons fans are pissed about this going so far as to mention it in the same breath as 28-3.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yikes.
View Quote

No way...
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I wish I could find a way to bet against a team winning their division, but all I can find is betting against them making the postseason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Odds to win AFC North

Browns +150

Ravens +225

Bengals +250

Steelers +1000

The browns are going to coach poorly no matter who’s at qb.  Good god look at the talent they’ve had for a few years.

Terminator - That’s what he does!  That’s all he does!  He won’t stop until every game is lost!  Don’t you get it!
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anyone else remember the Browns traded the pick for Watson to the Texans and drafted Kizer instead?
View Quote

Oooooof.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:07:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Impressive- a deal where both teams lost. Texans for not getting more and Browns for paying all that money.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Impressive- a deal where both teams lost. Texans for not getting more and Browns for paying all that money.
View Quote
More than three 1st round picks and multiple other picks while unloading a sexual molesting anchor who refused to play for the team? How much more did you want them to get?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:14:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Texans "lost" for not getting more?  They got the biggest draft haul for a single player since the Cowboys' Great Train Robbery and they unloaded a DIVA QB who refused to play for them and is currently facing 20+ civil suits for sexual assault.

Granted, the Texans will almost certainly find a way to waste those picks (and they damn sure aren't turning them into 3 Super Bowl wins), but I wouldn't say the Texans "lost" this trade based on the info available now.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The Texans "lost" for not getting more?  They got the biggest draft haul for a single player since the Cowboys' Great Train Robbery and they unloaded a DIVA QB who refused to play for them and is currently facing 20+ civil suits for sexual assault.

Granted, the Texans will almost certainly find a way to waste those picks (and they damn sure aren't turning them into 3 Super Bowl wins), but I wouldn't say the Texans "lost" this trade based on the info available now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
More than three 1st round picks and multiple other picks while unloading a sexual molesting anchor who refused to play for the team? How much more did you want them to get?
Well the Texans were originally saying three 1st round picks plus a mix of two 2nd round or young players. Plus it's likely the future 1st round picks will be late ones (barring a lengthy suspension) since the Browns should get better with Deshaun vs Mayfield as they didn't give up any young players.

Add in that the Texans will squander the picks too.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:23:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Anheuser-Busch, the official beer sponsor of the NFL and more than two dozen of its teams, has ended its partnership with the Washington Commanders, becoming the third company in the past year to cut ties with the franchise.

In a statement provided to The Washington Post by a company spokesperson, Anheuser-Busch said it decided not to renew its sponsorship of the Commanders "at this time."

"We remain fully committed to Washington football fans, and we look forward to continuing our long-term partnership with the NFL and our other 26 team partners to create meaningful experiences and connections for fans across the country," the spokesperson said.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anheuser-Busch, the official beer sponsor of the NFL and more than two dozen of its teams, has ended its partnership with the Washington Commanders, becoming the third company in the past year to cut ties with the franchise.

In a statement provided to The Washington Post by a company spokesperson, Anheuser-Busch said it decided not to renew its sponsorship of the Commanders "at this time."

"We remain fully committed to Washington football fans, and we look forward to continuing our long-term partnership with the NFL and our other 26 team partners to create meaningful experiences and connections for fans across the country," the spokesperson said.
View Quote

Wait, did I miss something?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So all you stats/rankings/etc. guys....where are the Bills trending now with their recent adds?
Von Miller move was big, and was structured to effectively be about 3 years at $17M a year. This alone would be enough to celebrate free agency.

OJ Howard was a solid pick up at a really reasonable price due to his injury history. If he can stay healthy, then this was an excellent signing.

They have signed three defensive tackles so they are building some pass rusher depth for sure.

McKissic not turning around and going back to Washington would have been better. He would have been a good pick up at a good price.

So far you would have to grade them at an A or B in free agency.

Thanks

Dropping Daryl Williams and picking up Rodger Saffold gives us a better guard cheaper. Not a headline move but quality GMing

Picked up 2 DEs and 3 DTs. 3 of last year's DEs hanging FAs, probably not to be resigned.
Apparently Beane didn't fall for the "nbr 1 defense" hooplah.

Not crazy about losing Beas but it was too much cap for an ageing possession receiver.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Odds to win AFC North

Browns +150

Ravens +225

Bengals +250

Steelers +1000

View Quote

Does Vegas have the inside scoop that a suspension isn’t going to happen?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Does Vegas have the inside scoop that a suspension isn't going to happen?
View Quote
If they can get a bunch of people to bet +150 and then Watson gets suspended and the Browns suck, they win big.

If they get a bunch of people to bet +150 and Watson doesn't get suspended, then the payouts are low and there's still a chance they lose.

It's a win/win for them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This is the most Falcons thing ever.  Where does this episode rank in the Falcons Fails Hall of Fame?

1. 28-3
2. Eugene Robinson getting arrested with a prostitute the night before the Super Bowl.
3. Mike Vick dog fights
4. Petrino quitting mid-season without telling the team
5. Going from Julio (demands trade), Ridley (quits, then suspended for gambling), and Gage as your receives to literally nobody in less than a year.

#5 is a nothing. Julio needed to go. He should have been traded when he demanded more money but Blank wanted him to be a falcon for life. It’s still costing them $15m this year but at least they got some picks for taking the hit. It’s rumored that Ridley wants a trade and that’s the reason he quit last year so he likely wouldn’t have been around anyways. I’m fine with letting Gage walk. At the price Tampa gave him it’s above his skill set.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#25]
While they're at it, Cleveland should officially change their name to the "Browneyes" for Watson. They will get better play out of him...
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
While they're at it, Cleveland should officially change their name to the "Browneyes" for Watson. They will get better play out of him...
View Quote
The Mayfield style stadium home commercials are gonna take a weird turn...
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Ojabo reportedly tore his Achilles... Fucking rough.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm baffled at why some Falcons fans are pissed about this going so far as to mention it in the same breath as 28-3.
View Quote

They are the same fans that think Watson was somehow going win a super bowl with the current roster. delusional is an understatement.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
That just cost him Millions... Feel bad for the guy.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#30]
I know medical science and PT just to get better and better for athletes but it's odd to me that so many analysts are talking about OBJ and Robert Woods and where they'll sign.  They might mention torn ACLs but they act like it's just another injury and they'll both be back by regular season.  Some guys don't comeback 100% or like OBJ you get a torn ACL on the same leg.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#31]
DW to the Browns,  hahahahabahaaaa

Whew!
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd really like to see some kind of insurance system set up for these guys, funded by the League.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Dropping Daryl Williams and picking up Rodger Saffold gives us a better guard cheaper. Not a headline move but quality GMing

Picked up 2 DEs and 3 DTs. 3 of last year's DEs hanging FAs, probably not to be resigned.
Apparently Beane didn't fall for the "nbr 1 defense" hooplah.

Not crazy about losing Beas but it was too much cap for an ageing possession receiver.
View Quote

Beas was, is probably the thing that sucks the most. Yeah he was old, but he made plays. Oh well. Trust the process
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Wish Beasley could come back to the Boys and finish his career.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:29:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:37:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The Mayfield style stadium home commercials are gonna take a weird turn...
View Quote
And this is the sex dungeon. . . .
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:46:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://media4.giphy.com/media/IgEwQ9CCHUdCF3q8v4/200.gif
View Quote

Ah, Twitter.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So would you rather your team traded away 3 first round picks, 1 3rd round pick, and a 5th round pick for the right to give a fully guaranteed 5 year $230M contract to a player that is currently facing 20+ accusations of sexual assault AND if he's suspended for a year your team still has to pay him $229M of it?
View Quote

I'd be OK with the trade compensation.  A top 5 QB in his prime is worth 3 firsts.  I'm glad that they balked at the money though.  That is insane money!  That is what got the Falcons in their current situation in the first place.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#39]
The Browns’ Twitter account still hasn’t announced their trade for a franchise QB involving $230M guaranteed money and 3 first round picks.

That seems like it might be big news for a team so I wonder why they haven’t announced it yet.  Hmm….
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:28:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The Browns’ Twitter account still hasn’t announced their trade for a franchise QB involving $230M guaranteed money and 3 first round picks.

That seems like it might be big news for a team so I wonder why they haven’t announced it yet.  Hmm….
View Quote

Because they know they fucked up
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:38:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/69A52D6D-B1ED-4C6F-9E97-B0EF52A72A41_png-2318161.JPG

Goddammit,  this site needs a sarcasm font
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/69A52D6D-B1ED-4C6F-9E97-B0EF52A72A41_png-2318161.JPG

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Watson heard the Browns tell Baker no to his trade request and knew he was the perfect fit for the org.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
No Reddit subgroup is a proper example of a teams actual fan base.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree with all of this. Atlanta will likely have the easiest time selling Watson (accused of sexually assaulting two dozen women) to their fan base of any team in the league.

You obviously haven't been on r/falcons.
No Reddit subgroup is a proper example of a teams actual fan base.

I don’t think Atlanta sports radio has a clue either. They were practically in tears today over the Watson news. I don’t get it, guess they are pandering to what they perceive to be the fan base here. Look at who spends the big money on season tickets and get back to me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Watson is from GA, so I can see part of the appeal in having him play here. So where's Mayfield going? Guys like Rodgers might have made their decisions too soon, this off-season is a golden one for a QB.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:26:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#48]
[Spotrac] Davante Adams' #Raiders Contract (h/t @ProFootballTalk) - 5 yrs, $140M - $22.75M guaranteed at sign - $42.9M more in 2023 - 3 yrs, $67.5M practical

Cap Hits
2022: $8.2M
2023: $30.4M
2024: $21.3M
2025: $40M
2026: $40M
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#49]
[Muzzy] I'm posting a notice of personal friend and hall of fame broadcaster John Clayton passing today at 3pm. Condolences to Pat and family.

Holy shit. He was on the radio just a couple days ago, they cut him loose because he was under the weather. Now he's dead.

His wife is bed bound. Has a nurse at their home every day. She has also been in the hospital recently with Covid and other illnesses.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
[Spotrac] Davante Adams' #Raiders Contract (h/t @ProFootballTalk) - 5 yrs, $140M - $22.75M guaranteed at sign - $42.9M more in 2023 - 3 yrs, $67.5M practical

Cap Hits
2022: $8.2M
2023: $30.4M
2024: $21.3M
2025: $40M
2026: $40M
View Quote

That is fucking brutal.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top