Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Browns' Twitter account still hasn't announced their trade for a franchise QB involving $230M guaranteed money and 3 first round picks.

That seems like it might be big news for a team so I wonder why they haven't announced it yet.  Hmm.
View Quote
Texans statement:

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
[Muzzy] I'm posting a notice of personal friend and hall of fame broadcaster John Clayton passing today at 3pm. Condolences to Pat and family.

Holy shit. He was on the radio just a couple days ago, they cut him loose because he was under the weather. Now he's dead.

His wife is bed bound. Has a nurse at their home every day. She has also been in the hospital recently with Covid and other illnesses.
View Quote

He had one of the best commercials ever.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:58:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Browns

This is a wild time to be alive
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:59:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Yippee, the return of the National Felons League.  

Time again to sort the lint collection
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:00:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That is fucking brutal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[Spotrac] Davante Adams' #Raiders Contract (h/t @ProFootballTalk) - 5 yrs, $140M - $22.75M guaranteed at sign - $42.9M more in 2023 - 3 yrs, $67.5M practical

Cap Hits
2022: $8.2M
2023: $30.4M
2024: $21.3M
2025: $40M
2026: $40M

That is fucking brutal.

He's one of my favorite players but for that $ I hope he has fun in Vegas.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you for your virtue signal.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[Muzzy] I'm posting a notice of personal friend and hall of fame broadcaster John Clayton passing today at 3pm. Condolences to Pat and family.

Holy shit. He was on the radio just a couple days ago, they cut him loose because he was under the weather. Now he's dead.

His wife is bed bound. Has a nurse at their home every day. She has also been in the hospital recently with Covid and other illnesses.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:05:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

WTF?

John Clayton was alright in my book.  RIP
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:15:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

As far as the NFL is concerned: if you want to sexually assaulted dozens of women forcing them to blow you and shove things up your ass: ehh.

However, if you fuck with the money…

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:20:51 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Browns' Twitter account still hasn't announced their trade for a franchise QB involving $230M guaranteed money and 3 first round picks.

That seems like it might be big news for a team so I wonder why they haven't announced it yet.  Hmm.
Texans statement:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOK0pbnWYAcijvq?format=jpg&name=medium

Still crickets from the Browns’ official Twitter account.  Their most recent tweet was made 9 hours ago about Cooper.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:29:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Mayfield style stadium home commercials are gonna take a weird turn...
View Quote

They could do moving out and moving in commercials for his new team
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Still crickets from the Browns’ official Twitter account.  Their most recent tweet was made 9 hours ago about Cooper.
View Quote

No shortage of replies in the Cooper tweet

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:37:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJxi3c_WUAAvgEQ?format=jpg&name=small
MVS in the center. Equanimeous St. Brown was on the left side of the field, running a similar route as Adams, but in single coverage, also had a step and would have been a better target.

Edit: Just went and rewatched the play. Rodgers was looking Adams from the snap. When he loads up the bomb, he is not under pressure at all, line is holding, MVS has just made his cut, St Brown is about to clear the safety on his side, Adams still has the corner and safety in front of him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There might be some positives to the Adams trade for GB.  A-a-ron does tend to throw it to Adams when he gets rattled, despite being double or triple covered.  If you surround A-a-ron with all mediocre receivers, maybe he'll throw it to the open guy?  

When they lost to the 49ers despite SF never scoring an offensive TD wasn't Rodger's last pass trying to force the ball to Adams who was doubled when another WR was open for a first down in the middle of the field?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJxi3c_WUAAvgEQ?format=jpg&name=small
MVS in the center. Equanimeous St. Brown was on the left side of the field, running a similar route as Adams, but in single coverage, also had a step and would have been a better target.

Edit: Just went and rewatched the play. Rodgers was looking Adams from the snap. When he loads up the bomb, he is not under pressure at all, line is holding, MVS has just made his cut, St Brown is about to clear the safety on his side, Adams still has the corner and safety in front of him.

There is a defender deep but he may be going the wrong way. Tough to see from that still.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Thank goodness the saints didn't get this pervert, and shame on them for pursuing him.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:09:36 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shortage of replies in the Cooper tweet

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOKDU8bXsAMXgUX?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOKUDEuXMAQiGIL?format=jpg&name=small

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:11:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texans statement:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOK0pbnWYAcijvq?format=jpg&name=medium

Generally, the team account is the last to announce moves, and they only do it when all the paperwork is done and the move has been fully processed/completed.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:42:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Damn, John Clayton died.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:59:50 AM EDT
[#18]
[Mortensen] John Clayton passed away today at a Seattle area hospital. His wife Pat and sister Amy were at his side and communicated earlier he passed peacefully after a brief illness. We loved John. We are mourning his loss. Pat has asked the @Seahawks to release further information.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 1:20:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd be just fine with the Seahawks taking Baker.  I'd really like to see the shitshow with signing Kapernick for the finale of his shitshow though
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 2:51:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
[Mortensen] John Clayton passed away today at a Seattle area hospital. His wife Pat and sister Amy were at his side and communicated earlier he passed peacefully after a brief illness. We loved John. We are mourning his loss. Pat has asked the @Seahawks to release further information.
View Quote

I hated ESPN let him go and kept other shit bags.

RIP to an awesome one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 2:55:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
[Spotrac] Davante Adams' #Raiders Contract (h/t @ProFootballTalk) - 5 yrs, $140M - $22.75M guaranteed at sign - $42.9M more in 2023 - 3 yrs, $67.5M practical

Cap Hits
2022: $8.2M
2023: $30.4M
2024: $21.3M
2025: $40M
2026: $40M
View Quote

so it's really a three year $67 million deal, the raiders did good on this deal.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 3:01:50 AM EDT
[#22]
I was at work with shitty cell service all day, but the more I see the Watson news the more amazing it gets.

his agent deserves some kind of award b/c holy crap did he fleece the browns.

and mahomes only has $141 of his 10 year guaranteed??? oh man...
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:19:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Shit, page 12 already.
Just found this.
Wasted my reply on the old thread.

Oh well, going to post headlines for this years Cowboys season.

"Cowboys offensive line is mediocre again."
"Cowboys should win the division again....provided the rest of the NFC East still suck."
"Cowboys will be one and done if they make the playoffs."
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:11:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
While they're at it, Cleveland should officially change their name to the "Browneyes" for Watson. They will get better play out of him...

Does this trade mean I’ll never have to watch one of those cringeworthy commercials again?

I sure hope so.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media4.giphy.com/media/IgEwQ9CCHUdCF3q8v4/200.gif

Ah, Twitter.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/9061658A-E235-4FA3-8AD6-D5BA0EA841CB_jpe-2318125.JPG

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:19:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I was at work with shitty cell service all day, but the more I see the Watson news the more amazing it gets.

View Quote

The Mahomes contract is pretty amazing and creative.

As far as guarantees go, his contract uses a rolling guarantee structure where the guarantees kick in 2 seasons in advance.

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

As far as guarantees go, his contract uses a rolling guarantee structure where the guarantees kick in 2 seasons in advance.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes a lot more sense. I still wonder if he’ll want a restructure in a few years.

I also wonder what the Watson contract does to Kyler negotiations. I’m sure Kyler argues he’s worth what Watson got.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That makes a lot more sense. I still wonder if he’ll want a restructure in a few years.

I also wonder what the Watson contract does to Kyler negotiations. I’m sure Kyler argues he’s worth what Watson got.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When the Mahomes contract was signed, the general assumption across most of the guys who follow NFL contracts assumed it would be scrapped by year 5.

We'll see.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:56:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Speaking of contract creativity, there are some fun details with JuJu Smith-Schuster...

So we start with this:

Then we look at this:

"Player incentives are considered "likely to be earned" (LTBE) or "not likely to be earned" (NLTBE) based on the player or team's prior-year performance. For example, if a player has a $500,000 incentive for accumulating 10 sacks in the upcoming season and he had 10 sacks the previous season, the incentive is considered LTBE. If he did not record 10 sacks in the previous season, the incentive is considered NLTBE."

LTBE incentives count against the cap. NLTBE incentives do NOT count against the cap.

Based on JuJu's recent stats, his contract very likely has a pile of "NLTBE" incentives that he is actually very likely to earn. The Chiefs might really be getting an $11M guy for a $3M cap hit.

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/gm-report/grab-a-tinfoil-hat-juju-smith-schusters-chiefs-contract-might-be-hilarious
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:06:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Speaking of contract creativity, there are some fun details with JuJu Smith-Schuster...

So we start with this:

Then we look at this:

"Player incentives are considered "likely to be earned" (LTBE) or "not likely to be earned" (NLTBE) based on the player or team's prior-year performance. For example, if a player has a $500,000 incentive for accumulating 10 sacks in the upcoming season and he had 10 sacks the previous season, the incentive is considered LTBE. If he did not record 10 sacks in the previous season, the incentive is considered NLTBE."

LTBE incentives count against the cap. NLTBE incentives do NOT count against the cap.

Based on JuJu's recent stats, his contract very likely has a pile of "NLTBE" incentives that he is actually very likely to earn. The Chiefs might really be getting an $11M guy for a $3M cap hit.

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/gm-report/grab-a-tinfoil-hat-juju-smith-schusters-chiefs-contract-might-be-hilarious
View Quote

I assume those incentives are then applied to next year's cap?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Also made his year one base salary $1 million, so while he is suspended, his per game loss will be minimal.  If the NFL suspends him for the entire season, he only loses $1 million!  That is some quality agenting...
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So we start with this:

Then we look at this:

Yes.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#34]
*sigh*
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Also made his year one base salary $1 million, so while he is suspended, his per game loss will be minimal.  If the NFL suspends him for the entire season, he only loses $1 million!  That is some quality agenting...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Add in that his agent somehow convinced the Texans execs that a no trade clause was a good thing for the Texans.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somebody please give the phone number of Butthole Massage's agent to Groot.

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:25:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

oh shit i forgot he's due for a new contract, too. AZ and B'more gotta be so mad at the browns right now!

also, i can't help but wonder if chargers and bengals are already thinking of extensions. herbert and burrow are clearly franchise guys. locking them up early is always the right move.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

oh shit i forgot he's due for a new contract, too. AZ and B'more gotta be so mad at the browns right now!

also, i can't help but wonder if chargers and bengals are already thinking of extensions. herbert and burrow are clearly franchise guys. locking them up early is always the right move.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watson really made some chaos with this. It'll be fun.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

You appear to suffer from the delusion that anyone cares what you think.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Probably got a Mayfield trade in the works and they want to announce both together.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Probably got a Mayfield trade in the works and they want to announce both together.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the first time in maybe half a century the Browns have a top 10 QB.  Its possible, but I very seriously doubt they are holding off on mentioning it on their Twitter account because they want to wait until they offload the previous QB first.  What would be the point?  Everyone knows they traded for Watson, everyone knows they want to trade away Mayfield, and they wouldn't be the first ones to announce a trade anyway.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Anheuser-Busch, the official beer sponsor of the NFL and more than two dozen of its teams, has ended its partnership with the Washington Commanders, becoming the third company in the past year to cut ties with the franchise.

In a statement provided to The Washington Post by a company spokesperson, Anheuser-Busch said it decided not to renew its sponsorship of the Commanders "at this time."

"We remain fully committed to Washington football fans, and we look forward to continuing our long-term partnership with the NFL and our other 26 team partners to create meaningful experiences and connections for fans across the country," the spokesperson said.
View Quote

I find it fascinating how the Redskins are thought of by many as a diseased franchise and yet they remain a top 5 most valuable NFL team.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

For the first time in maybe half a century the Browns have a top 10 QB.  Its possible, but I very seriously doubt they are holding off on mentioning it on their Twitter account because they want to wait until they offload the previous QB first.  What would be the point?  Everyone knows they traded for Watson, everyone knows they want to trade away Mayfield, and they wouldn't be the first ones to announce a trade anyway.
View Quote
It just strikes me as the kind of executive-idiot thinking you find in large organizations.  "Baker requested a trade, so let's get it done and pretend this was mutual for all parties."  Meanwhile, everyone knows what actually happened.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Any thoughts on Watson’s suspension length? Zeke got six games for one accusation, does that mean Watson is going to get 132 games(6x22)?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Any thoughts on Watson’s suspension length? Zeke got six games for one accusation, does that mean Watson is going to get 132 games(6x22)?
View Quote

I'm gonna guess 4 games. No particular basis for that.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#46]
I am going to go out on a limb and guess he gets a full season suspension.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It just strikes me as the kind of executive-idiot thinking you find in large organizations.  "Baker requested a trade, so let's get it done and pretend this was mutual for all parties."  Meanwhile, everyone knows what actually happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The timeline of events (them trying to get Watson, shitting on Baker, the deal for Watson falling through, telling Baker he can't leave, and then getting Watson) is well documented.  The Browns' front office are obviously idiots, but I don't think even they are stupid enough to think people are going to buy a bullshit version of events.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Giants' Josh Brown wrote a manifesto about how he was god to women, they were his slaves, and he was free to do with them whatever he wanted.  His wife said he beat the shit out of her many times and Brown admitted to police it was true.

The NFL gave Brown a ONE game suspension.  ONE.

And then the same cunt (who is a HUGE Giants fan) that gave Brown a one game suspension gave Zeke a 6 game suspension based on nothing except the testimony of an ex-gf whose own friends, every witness, the police, DA, and the NFL's own investigator all said she was lying and/or wasn't credible.

If you're trying to guess what punishment God King Clown Shoes and his cronies are going to hand out you might as well be picking lotto numbers.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Rams signed Stafford to a 4 year/$160M extension with $135M guaranteed.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Stafford only needs 5 more pick 6's to break Favre's career record of 31 (Favre played in 120 more games)

Considering Stafford is averaging 2.5 pick 6's in a 16 game season it seems likely he'll own the record.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top