User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 647
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Help me out guys.

Having a convo with some friends. Is it possible the best line backer and best safety to play the game are ray lewis and Ed reed?? And they happened to play on the same team..

I know GOAT convos are subjective, but there’s an argument for those two.
View Quote

They were fantastic.

James Harrison and Troy Polamalu should be in that discussion too.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Florio, with some back of the envelope estimates, guesses Watson has spent upwards of 10 million so far.

View Quote
Then think about the loss if future earnings from endorsement deals. That initial shortsightedness has cost him a lot of money long term.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Then think about the loss if future earnings from endorsement deals. That initial shortsightedness has cost him a lot of money long term.
View Quote

This is what thinking with the wrong head gets you...
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Florio, with some back of the envelope estimates, guesses Watson has spent upwards of 10 million so far.

View Quote

That’s assuming she was the only Person he would have to settle with… the others probably would’ve come forward eventually. This is a huge what if that I don’t think would’ve been the end all be all for Watson.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
23 agreed settlements and over a year of legal expenses from Rusty and his team? Over $10M easily.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:37:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Kurt Warner has some good examples of Mahomes not playing streetball.

Who says Mahomes is just a "Streetball" QB? | Kurt Warner's Reaction and Game Tape Breakdown

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:34:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Help me out guys.

Having a convo with some friends. Is it possible the best line backer and best safety to play the game are ray lewis and Ed reed?? And they happened to play on the same team..

I know GOAT convos are subjective, but there's an argument for those two.
View Quote
It is a wash between these two.

Jack Lambert
Jack Ham-he was more athletic than Lambert.

Ed Reed was a ball hawk of a safety

Polamalu did everything.
Would put him just ahead of Ed Reed.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#9]
What’s the latest on Tiny Towel Watson?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What's the latest on Tiny Towel Watson?
View Quote
NFL appealed.
Watson's camp submitted their defense.
Now it's up to Peter Harvey (Goodell's designee) to issue the decision, no mandatory timeline.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Got to be honest first impressions are very good.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:10:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:16:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They were fantastic.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Help me out guys.

They were fantastic.

Oh, you meant separately!    I thought you meant a duo of safety/lb at same time. I misread.

Hell no. Polamalu was the best Safety ever. Better than Ed Reed.

Ray Lewis was damn good.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:25:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Oh, you meant separately!    I thought you meant a duo of safety/lb at same time. I misread.

Ray Lewis was damn good.
View Quote

He was a real killer on defense.  

I met him once.  He was from my town in central Florida and he came into my gym once.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Demovsky has turned into the un-official Jordan Love training camp fan club account.

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.co/images/ff8046dbb819742b6b9d4bd35bc40366/raw
View Quote

lol

The Bears have lost/traded so much talent the last year or two that I could only think of 3-4 current guys on the roster without looking.

Looking at the roster, a large percentage the guys I do recognize are dudes that stand out for unfortunate reasons (Harry, Peterman, Siemian, Jenkins, etc.).

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:27:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Isn't that the same injury he had during training  camp of his rookie year with the Patriots? He lost all that time learning the offense and developing chemistry with Brady. He never recovered from that development wise.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Isn't that the same injury he had during training  camp of his rookie year with the Patriots? He lost all that time learning the offense and developing chemistry with Brady. He never recovered from that development wise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, in the pre-season game vs Detroit. That one put him on IR. Missed the first 9(?) games.

The only receivers Brady had in 2019 was an aging beat up Julian Edelman (100 rec) and James White (72), a running back... Dorsett, Sanu, Jakobi, Gordon, Harry, Watson... No one else even hit 30 receptions that season.

By comparison, even with the training wheels, take it easy, offense that they handed to Mac Jones, as a rookie, he still ended up with 5 players who surpasses 30 receptions in 2021.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mongo is an animal.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm curious about that structure.

The Ravens have generally been pretty savvy in the front office, but Tucker is a kicker in a tier of his own, and I'd say he's harder to value than any other K in the league.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:45:16 PM EDT
[#27]
FOX has officially announced their broadcast lineups for the 2022 season:

Team 1: Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen, Erin Andrews (Super Bowl announcers)
Team 2: Joe Davis, Daryl "Moose" Johnston, Pam Oliver (will announce at least 2 playoff games)
Team 3: Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth, Kristina Pink
Team 4: Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, Shannon Spake
Team 5: Kevin Kugler, Mark Sanchez, Laura Okmin
Team 6: Chris Myers, Robert Smith, Jen Hale

Former NFL VP's of Officiating Mike Pereira and Dean Blandino also still under contract
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:49:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The Ravens have generally been pretty savvy in the front office, but Tucker is a kicker in a tier of his own, and I'd say he's harder to value than any other K in the league.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

4 years, $24M, $17.5M guaranteed, $11.5M signing bonus.

$6MPY average, which jumps him up $1M from his previous contract, and puts him solely back into first place over the Chris Boswell extension last week (4 yrs, $20M, $5MPY).
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#29]

*PBU = Pass Break-Up, for those wondering.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

$6MPY average, which jumps him up $1M from his previous contract, and puts him solely back into first place over the Chris Boswell extension last week (4 yrs, $20M, $5MPY).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tucker is worth every penny. That guy is a machine. I wish he would retire.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had to see “Saquon” in the second tweet before I even knew what team it was about.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

33 this year. Which in kicker years means he can keep going for more than another decade potentially.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I had to see “Saquon” in the second tweet before I even knew what team it was about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 2:03:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Ray Lewis was damn good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Help me out guys.

They were fantastic.

Ray Lewis was damn good.

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Upcoming dates:

Thurs, Aug 11: Preseason week 1 begins.

Sun, Aug 28: Preseason ends.

Tues, Aug 30: Roster Cut Day

Sun, Sep 4: Camp ends.

Thurs, Sep 8: Game 1 (Bills @ Rams)

Your FF drafts should be happening between Aug 31 and Sep 7. If your drafts happen on Aug 29 or earlier, your league is doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Defector is trash, but this series can be entertaining. "Why Your Team Sucks 2022: New York Giants". TLDR version/summary. Italics are direct quotes:

Record: The Giants have the worst record in the NFL over the last 5 seasons (22-59). They are dead last despite that stretch including the Browns going 0-16 and the Jaguars having the 1st pick in back to back years. "The 2021 Giants were so shitty you could hear it from across the ocean. You could see them failing from space. A volcanic turd flare shot out of the Meadowlands and nearly touched the moon. Tides were altered. Entire coastlines drowned. Even the Jets had a more dignified season, and they're the JETS."

Coach: "Daboll comes to New York paired with former Bills assistant GM/McBain music guy Joe Schoen, and he’s a legit upgrade over Judge because honestly, who wouldn’t be? But before you go saying to yourself, “Hey man, Brian Daboll worked wonders with Josh Allen,” it’s important to remember that Josh Allen is talented, and that the Giants quarterback is ..."

Quarterback: Daniel Jones... "Your backup is Tyrod Taylor, who’ll take over from Jones in Week 11 only to get benched yet again. The best QB on this roster is probably the offensive coordinator."

Saquon: "It says a lot about the Giants that the most exciting moments they’ve had this decade are the roughly three 20-yard gains that Saquon Barkley has treated them to over that timespan. Here’s a guy who’s promising only when he’s injured."
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Defector is trash, but this series can be entertaining. "Why Your Team Sucks 2022: New York Giants". TLDR version/summary. Italics are direct quotes:

Record: The Giants have the worst record in the NFL over the last 5 seasons (22-59). They are dead last despite that stretch including the Browns going 0-16 and the Jaguars having the 1st pick in back to back years. "The 2021 Giants were so shitty you could hear it from across the ocean. You could see them failing from space. A volcanic turd flare shot out of the Meadowlands and nearly touched the moon. Tides were altered. Entire coastlines drowned. Even the Jets had a more dignified season, and they're the JETS."

Coach: "Daboll comes to New York paired with former Bills assistant GM/McBain music guy Joe Schoen, and he’s a legit upgrade over Judge because honestly, who wouldn’t be? But before you go saying to yourself, “Hey man, Brian Daboll worked wonders with Josh Allen,” it’s important to remember that Josh Allen is talented, and that the Giants quarterback is ..."

Quarterback: Daniel Jones... "Your backup is Tyrod Taylor, who’ll take over from Jones in Week 11 only to get benched yet again. The best QB on this roster is probably the offensive coordinator."

Saquon: "It says a lot about the Giants that the most exciting moments they’ve had this decade are the roughly three 20-yard gains that Saquon Barkley has treated them to over that timespan. Here’s a guy who’s promising only when he’s injured."
View Quote

I used to excitedly read that series on Deadspin every year, but then Trump got elected and Magary went full TDS.

I can overlook some political comments here and there, but when every team criticism got a Trump tie-in, there ceased to be a reason to read it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I used to excitedly read that series on Deadspin every year, but then Trump got elected and Magary went full TDS.

I can overlook some political comments here and there, but when every team criticism got a Trump tie-in, there ceased to be a reason to read it.
View Quote

Same with Jalopnik. Don't miss it
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Breer via SI: "Miami's already at work here with a surplus at a prominent position. They've talked to other teams about potentially moving veteran receivers Preston Williams and Lynn Bowden Jr."

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#43]

What? Heading into this season Rodgers didn't want to compare himself to Michael Jordan again?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kinda miss what Jalopnik was 10 or so years ago, but I don't miss what it's become in the last 5.

The Drive has a bunch of former Jalopnik people, and it's in danger of going the same direction.

My preferred outlets recently have been AutoBlog and Hagerty.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Via Peter King at PFT - NBC Sports, speaking about Watson: "One influential NFL person told me on this trip that it doesn't sit well with the league or 31 other owners that the Browns rigged the Watson contract."

This was brought up last week by a couple sources as one of many reasons why the league would be appealing and seeking a harsher penalty. There were reports of owners (individually) pushing for a larger discipline due to the contract structure which would make any league discipline almost irrelevant financially.

"I expect Harvey to be under some pressure to levy a multi-million-dollar fine of Watson in whatever he rules."

Speaking about Watson's eventual return to football: Let's say Watson misses the first 10 games and comes back to play. That would mean he'd have gone 99 weeks without playing a football game, and he'd be coming back to play with a new team with receivers he'd never played a game with. At one of my camp stops, I asked an offensive coach how he thought Watson would play after such a long layoff. "Everybody's assuming he'll come back and be Deshaun Watson. I wonder. He'll be working out, and he'll probably find some receivers to throw to while he's out, but being out that long and coming back with a new team - there's no guarantee he'll be that good this year."

Edit: He mentions 10 weeks in the last segment because there is some talk that the league and Watson still could potentially settle this week and that 10 is a possible number. More than 6, less than a season. King: "Ten games feels light to me, but in the words of noted middle-ground-seeker Paul Tagliabue, "All's well that ends." Period."
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
FOX has officially announced their broadcast lineups for the 2022 season:

Team 1: Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen, Erin Andrews (Super Bowl announcers)
Team 2: Joe Davis, Daryl "Moose" Johnston, Pam Oliver (will announce at least 2 playoff games)
Team 3: Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth, Kristina Pink
Team 4: Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, Shannon Spake
Team 5: Kevin Kugler, Mark Sanchez, Laura Okmin
Team 6: Chris Myers, Robert Smith, Jen Hale

Former NFL VP's of Officiating Mike Pereira and Dean Blandino also still under contract
View Quote

Team 1 & 3 should be decent. Team 2 I'm not sure of, other than I know drunk Pam will be awful.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

*PBU = Pass Break-Up, for those wondering.
View Quote

Jaire is a beast, he better win those 1 on 1's
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Via Peter King at PFT - NBC Sports, speaking about Watson: "One influential NFL person told me on this trip that it doesn't sit well with the league or 31 other owners that the Browns rigged the Watson contract."

This was brought up last week by a couple sources as one of many reasons why the league would be appealing and seeking a harsher penalty. There were reports of owners (individually) pushing for a larger discipline due to the contract structure which would make any league discipline almost irrelevant financially.

"I expect Harvey to be under some pressure to levy a multi-million-dollar fine of Watson in whatever he rules."

Speaking about Watson's eventual return to football: Let's say Watson misses the first 10 games and comes back to play. That would mean he'd have gone 99 weeks without playing a football game, and he'd be coming back to play with a new team with receivers he'd never played a game with. At one of my camp stops, I asked an offensive coach how he thought Watson would play after such a long layoff. "Everybody's assuming he'll come back and be Deshaun Watson. I wonder. He'll be working out, and he'll probably find some receivers to throw to while he's out, but being out that long and coming back with a new team - there's no guarantee he'll be that good this year."

Edit: He mentions 10 weeks in the last segment because there is some talk that the league and Watson still could potentially settle this week and that 10 is a possible number. More than 6, less than a season. King: "Ten games feels light to me, but in the words of noted middle-ground-seeker Paul Tagliabue, "All's well that ends." Period."
View Quote

Hypothetically, if the NFL gave Watson a lifetime ban would the Browns still have to pay him all his guaranteed money?

Considering the ban would be due to behavior that took place before the Browns signed him and they were aware of it I would assume they would.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#50]

Edit: From two other sources...

Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top