BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 647
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

For 99.9999999999999999% of people, yeah.

For a married man in his late 30s with 5 young kids that already won a Super Bowl, won Super Bowl MVP, has careering earnings of $165M, and is a backup on one of the two worst teams in the NFL... maybe not so much.  Unless of course he, as previously hypothesized, REALLY hates his family.
View Quote
He probably has a wife like Jay Cutler, one of those girls who wants her man to have a high-status job.  If he gives up football, then he has to go into broadcasting, and the bottom rung of that ladder is ESPN.  ESPN is a hell of a lot of work.  You have to appear on all of their stupid shows.  It's not like Romo's gig, where he plays golf all week then calls a game or two.  Nope.  It's talking to Max Kellermen and Nick Wright all damned week, week after week, with no end.  *Shudder*  Being a backup QB is way better.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Johnson, Claypool, Pickens

Any other team in the NFL with such a young trio of strong WRs?

Naturally QB's a question for the Steelers.  WR isnt.
View Quote

The Falcons have threetwo first round picks catching passes - London, Pitts, Ridley

But Ridley is suspended for the year and the rest of the roster is shit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:28:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
He probably has a wife like Jay Cutler, one of those girls who wants her man to have a high-status job.  If he gives up football, then he has to go into broadcasting, and the bottom rung of that ladder is ESPN.  ESPN is a hell of a lot of work.  You have to appear on all of their stupid shows.  It's not like Romo's gig, where he plays golf all week then calls a game or two.  Nope.  It's talking to Max Kellermen and Nick Wright all damned week, week after week, with no end.  *Shudder*  Being a backup QB is way better.
View Quote

Or worse Stephen A.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For 99.9999999999999999% of people, yeah.

For a married man in his late 30s with 5 young kids that already won a Super Bowl, won Super Bowl MVP, has careering earnings of $165M, and is a backup on one of the two worst teams in the NFL... maybe not so much.  Unless of course he, as previously hypothesized, REALLY hates his family.

She certainly could be like that, but when a woman has birthed 5 kids in the past 10 years I don’t really get “a superficial, elitist, cunt that would demand her husband have a high-status job” vibe.  With 4 boys all 10 and younger she’d probably welcome some additional help around the house.  Sure, they almost certainly have a nanny, but it’s not the same thing as having their father.

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Actual photo of the Steelers WR group with the rest of the offense:

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 4:03:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Earlier in the week there were some fights at the 49ers camp. Apparently it was sparked when LB Fred Warner put a hard hit on WR Marcus Johnson. WR Brandon Aiyuk then reportedly squared up in a impromptu boxing match with Warner and an entire team fight unfolded.

Was announced today that WR Marcus Johnson is in concussion protocols from the hit Warner delivered. Shanahan called Warner's big hit on Johnson "an unnecessary shot."
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

“Happy looking” and “making lots of money.”  The standard with which all NFL analysts and broadcasters should be judged.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More low-energy than a biden voter

Why the hate?

They’re all happy looking, despite the weather delay and they’re making lots of money!

Chris

“Happy looking” and “making lots of money.”  The standard with which all NFL analysts and broadcasters should be judged.

You hate’em, ‘cause you ain’t’em

Chris
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Chris
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why the hate?

They’re all happy looking, despite the weather delay and they’re making lots of money!

Chris

Chris

People think they’re boring because they’re boring.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I flipped on the Raiders/Jaguars game last night.  I think I made it about 60 seconds before putting it on mute.  

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#12]
The last time a quarterback, not named Tom Brady, won an even year season Super Bowl was Joe Flacco in 2012.

2014 Pats vs Seahawks
2016 Pats vs Falcons
2018 Pats vs Rams
2020 Bucs vs Chiefs
2022 Bucs vs ???

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:26:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Chargers didn't make the cut
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:11:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

No rush, just wait until week 6 is over.

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Of all those stadiums, Jerry World and the Roomba are the only two I actually want to see a game in.

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:21:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I will stick with the Bengal's top 3 and QB.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Of all those stadiums, Jerry World and the Roomba are the only two I actually want to see a game in.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The Roomba is the least interesting stadium in the AFC West. The best thing it has going for it is that it's in Vegas and it's new.

If I had to make a list:

NFC East: This division sucks, and Jerry World is as good as it gets.

NFC South: Raymond James (Tampa) seems more fun than the Mercedes Sphincter Dome.

NFC North: Lambeau if it's early season, Minneapolis if it's late season.

NFC West: Levi Stadium is an honorable mention, but SoFi is high on my to do list.

AFC East: Hard Rock looks fun, but my ass is sitting on the shady side.

AFC South: This division also sucks. Indy is the right choice.

AFC North: I'll take Pittsburgh here.

AFC West: If I can't pick Arrowhead, I'm probably going to Mile High. The Chargers are renters at SoFi, so that doesn't count, the Roomba doesn't interest me, and the fan base there is all violent criminals.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:49:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The Roomba is the least interesting stadium in the AFC West. The best thing it has going for it is that it's in Vegas and it's new.

If I had to make a list:

NFC South: Raymond James (Tampa) seems more fun than the Mercedes Sphincter Dome.

NFC West: Levi Stadium is an honorable mention, but SoFi is high on my to do list.

AFC West: If I can't pick Arrowhead, I'm probably going to Mile High. The Chargers are renters at SoFi, so that doesn't count, the Roomba doesn't interest me, and the fan base there is all violent criminals.
View Quote
Yes, but the Raiders' stadium is right next to legal hookers.  Someone tell Bob Kraft.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:53:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Had to make a car salesman meme to go with this tweet...

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:56:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
A glimpse of the future? Love to Doubs (training camp vid, 1v1 WR/CB, no line)

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hard Rock is a beautiful stadium.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:50:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Three River Stadium beat them all.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:52:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Hard rock is better imo. They did a hell of a job renovating it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:50:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Packers Wire is very upset with the Vikings today.

They have an article/feature all about how the Vikings official Anthony Barr tribute video includes the hit in which Aaron Rodgers broke his collar bone in 2017.

Despite a career from Barr that featured 17.5 sacks, eight forced fumbles and five interceptions, the Vikings still picked a play that didn't result in a sack or turnover.

Barr's hit drove Rodgers into the turf at U.S. Bank Stadium, shattering his collarbone. The injury ruined a promising season for the Packers in 2017.

The hit and resulting injury was a big moment for the Vikings, who went on to win the division. But celebrating injuries is always a very bad look, and the Vikings just keep celebrating this one.
View Quote

Edit: The Video
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:53:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They have an article/feature all about how the Vikings official Anthony Barr tribute video includes the hit in which Aaron Rodgers broke his collar bone in 2017.

View Quote
Why are the Vikings posting a tribute video for a guy who plays for the Cowboys in the middle of training camp?

Are they even in camp? Is Zadarius Smith practicing?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:58:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Why are the Vikings posting a tribute video for a guy who plays for the Cowboys in the middle of training camp?

Are they even in camp? Is Zadarius Smith practicing?
View Quote
He signed with the Cowboys Wednesday, they posted a thank you/tribute to him Thursday, Packers Wire responded today.

Yes, their camp is underway (but no one cares ) and Smith is practicing.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:02:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
He signed with the Cowboys Wednesday, they posted a thank you/tribute to him Thursday, Packers Wire responded today.

View Quote
Gotcha. I didn't realize the signing was so recent. I'm still sore about that issue too (The Barr hit, glad Zadarius went somewhere he felt valued and got paid)

In other news, Matt Stafford with a "baseball-like" elbow injury. Hasn't been allowed to throw.

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 4:50:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Despite a career from Barr that featured 17.5 sacks, eight forced fumbles and five interceptions, the Vikings still picked a play that didn't result in a sack or turnover.

Barr's hit drove Rodgers into the turf at U.S. Bank Stadium, shattering his collarbone. The injury ruined a promising season for the Packers in 2017.

The hit and resulting injury was a big moment for the Vikings, who went on to win the division. But celebrating injuries is always a very bad look, and the Vikings just keep celebrating this one.

The 59 second video didn’t even show him coming down on Rodgers and they’re still bitching about it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:05:11 AM EDT
[#30]
If it weren't for a missed extra point attempt in the 2015 AFCCG at Denver, the Patriots almost certainly would have beaten the Broncos and then played the Panthers in the Super Bowl. Chances are they would've won that game, too.

That means the Patriots and Tom Brady would have played in five straight Super Bowls, winning four of them.

2014 vs. Seahawks
2015 vs. Panthers
2016 vs. Falcons
2017 vs. Eagles
2018 vs. Rams

A single, measly little extra point.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:49:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is but it is also outdoors and that area is too humid for my tastes.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Gotcha. I didn't realize the signing was so recent. I'm still sore about that issue too (The Barr hit, glad Zadarius went somewhere he felt valued and got paid)

In other news, Matt Stafford with a "baseball-like" elbow injury. Hasn't been allowed to throw.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yikes
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If it weren't for a missed extra point attempt in the 2015 AFCCG at Denver, the Patriots almost certainly would have beaten the Broncos and then played the Panthers in the Super Bowl. Chances are they would've won that game, too.

That means the Patriots and Tom Brady would have played in five straight Super Bowls, winning four of them.

2014 vs. Seahawks
2015 vs. Panthers
2016 vs. Falcons
2017 vs. Eagles
2018 vs. Rams

View Quote

Good, so Tom/Pats never broke the Bills record of 4 Super Bowls in a row
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:22:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Good, so Tom/Pats never broke the Bills record of 4 Super Bowls in a row
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Good, so Tom/Pats never broke the Bills record of 4 Super Bowl LOSSES in a row
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good, so Tom/Pats never broke the Bills record of 4 Super Bowl LOSSES in a row

FIFY
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:58:04 PM EDT
[#38]
It's crazy that the team that won the most games in a 4 year period never won the Super Bowl.

I think the Packers recently had a similar stat that was something like "the most wins in a 3 year period by a team to not reach the Super Bowl."

Edit: found it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why the hate?

Chris

Jason Garret is the dude’s family, of course he’s happy that JG is making $$ somehow.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:26:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It is but it is also outdoors and that area is too humid for my tastes.
View Quote
The club section is worth it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

2014 vs. Seahawks
2015 vs. Panthers
2016 vs. Falcons
2017 vs. Eagles
2018 vs. Rams

View Quote

Bill got too cute in that game. He kept going for it on fourth instead of taking three points.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

2014 vs. Seahawks
2015 vs. Panthers
2016 vs. Falcons
2017 vs. Eagles
2018 vs. Rams

View Quote

Yeah, instead of having 7 Super Bowls in 20 years the Patriots will have to settle for 6 Super Bowls in 20 years.

We all feel for your suffering.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Bill got too cute in that game. He kept going for it on fourth instead of taking three points.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2014 vs. Seahawks
2015 vs. Panthers
2016 vs. Falcons
2017 vs. Eagles
2018 vs. Rams

Yep. Twice he was in easy field goal range and went for it on fourth down. Both times they failed to convert. If they made a field goal on just one of those drives, they were in the Super Bowl.

Also, that was the game that cemented Brady as the GOAT in my mind. Even in a loss where the defense was pummeling him on nearly every down, he kept bringing the Pats back. I also seem to remember something about the center was telegraphing the play to the Denver D as well.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:49:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:26:30 AM EDT
[#46]

Edit 1; Well I guess I don't have the ability's to post a tweet..
Edit 2; Fixed

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:45:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Help me out guys.

Having a convo with some friends. Is it possible the best line backer and best safety to play the game are ray lewis and Ed reed?? And they happened to play on the same team..

I know GOAT convos are subjective, but there’s an argument for those two.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 7:15:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Help me out guys.

Having a convo with some friends. Is it possible the best line backer and best safety to play the game are ray lewis and Ed reed?? And they happened to play on the same team..

I know GOAT convos are subjective, but there’s an argument for those two.
View Quote

Yep. Certainly as a tandem, they are the best.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

If I had to make a list:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I had to make a list:

No offense, but that sounds straight up like divisional rivalry bias. There is plenty about that stadium that is interesting.

But let's face it, the list typically went newer=better which we know it's more complicated than that.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:53:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Florio, with some back of the envelope estimates, guesses Watson has spent upwards of 10 million so far.

Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top