Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pickens is tempting with his talent, but that's a crowded WR room, and we have no idea WTF the Steelers offense is going to look like beyond probably not very good.
View Quote

Only player I would touch from Pittsburg this year is Harris. Guy is going to see a massive workload this season. He averaged 28 touches (carries and receptions) per game last year. With a new quarterback in the system? Dude might be competing with Henry for the carry king.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Pretty sure OBJ is too close to OJ for Buffalo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is there any reality or possibility of OBJ going to Buffalo?
All I know is Von made a random twitter comment  and then my YT feed blew up about it.

Pretty sure OBJ is too close to OJ for Buffalo.

Speaking of OJ: do y'all think anyone will EVER break his record of 143.1 rushing yards per game for an entire season?

The closest to the record was Dickerson in 1984 and he wasn't even that close with 131.6 yards per game.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:29:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Speculating the preseason week 1 (vs Seattle) QB lineup for Pittsburgh based on camp reps: Trubisky > Pickett > Rudolph

Thursday reportedly be when the lineup is confirmed.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Seahawks Camp.

Geno has been taking the 1st team offense reps vs the 2nd team defense.
Lock has been taking the 2nd team offense reps vs the 1st team defense.

Lock has been taking more reps overall (quantity). His numbers have been better than Geno's.

Local news speculations is that Pete wants to make Lock "earn" the starter role this pre-season, but it is actually his to lose.

Edit: Right up until they bring in Jimmy.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:32:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Only player I would touch from Pittsburg this year is Harris. Guy is going to see a massive workload this season. He averaged 28 touches (carries and receptions) per game last year. With a new quarterback in the system? Dude might be competing with Henry for the carry king.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pickens is tempting with his talent, but that's a crowded WR room, and we have no idea WTF the Steelers offense is going to look like beyond probably not very good.

Eh...

Pickens is a rookie with fun upside that should be available in round 13 or something.

Harris is a clear 1st rounder in pretty much every league, but he's one I'm probably going to skip/avoid if it comes to it. He's not in a great situation, and I'm not sure Pittsburgh has done enough to reinforce the OL.

Taylor, Ekeler, and Cook are my top three. After those three, there's a weird and uncomfortable zone with CMC, Harris, and Henry, and I'll be tempted to skip those three for a guy like Mixon or Jones.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Speaking of OJ: do y'all think anyone will EVER break his record of 143.1 rushing yards per game for an entire season?

The closest to the record was Dickerson in 1984 and he wasn't even that close with 131.6 yards per game.
View Quote

Seems like somebody like Henry with the Titans might be the "type" to do it, especially when he's getting hot, but as far as RBs go, he's probably past that window now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not with current offensive rules.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Eh...

Pickens is a rookie with fun upside that should be available in round 13 or something.

Harris is a clear 1st rounder in pretty much every league, but he's one I'm probably going to skip/avoid if it comes to it. He's not in a great situation, and I'm not sure Pittsburgh has done enough to reinforce the OL.

Taylor, Ekeler, and Cook are my top three. After those three, there's a weird and uncomfortable zone with CMC, Harris, and Henry, and I'll be tempted to skip those three for a guy like Mixon or Jones.
View Quote
I agree that it's hard to bet on Henry and CMC just due to injury concerns. I would put Harris on the same line as Mixon and one step above Jones. I have Jones in the Kamara/Chubb/Fournette cluster.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely not.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:44:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Offenses and rules continue to trend to the pass game while the running back role is also continuously moving towards having a rotation of running backs which will further limit the number of touches backs get overall. Then combine with the longer season which would require an additional 3 games at that level... No change in sight for that record.

Going deeper, Derrick Henry's personal best YPA for a season was 5.4 yards. To reach 143.2 YPG he would need 2,434.4 yards on the season (which would break Eric Dickerson's record by 329 yards). At a 5.4 YPA (his personal best) he would need 451 carries (which would break the NFL record by 35 carries). So Henry would have to break 3 single season rushing records at the same time, while rushing at his personal best, to do so.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Via PFT, Goodell speaking about Watson situation today:

Asked why the league is seeking a one-year suspension of Watson, Goodell provided a blunt and strong assessment.

"Because we've seen the evidence. [Judge Robinson] was very clear about the evidence ... that there were multiple violations here, and they were egregious and it was predatory behavior. Those are things that we always felt were important for us to address in a way that's responsible."

Goodell confirmed that the league believes Watson committed four different violations of the Personal Conduct Policy, since the facts pointed to four different massage therapists against whom Watson committed (as Judge Robinson put it) "non-violent sexual assault."

And Goodell provided a frank assessment of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, which allowed the league and/or the union to appeal Judge Robinson's ruling.

"As you know, it's part of the CBA that two parties had the right," Goodell said. "Either party could certainly challenge and appeal that and that was something we thought was our right to do. . . . So we decided it was the right thing to do."
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#15]

An Eagles fan who talks WAY more about the Cowboys than he does his own team.  Shocking.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

An Eagles fan who talks WAY more about the Cowboys than he does his own team.  Shocking.
View Quote

What did you think of the video?  Was he really getting burned or just going light?
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What did you think of the video?  Was he really getting burned or just going light?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No idea.  I will say when Diggs gets burned in games it seems its usually because he is going overboard trying to get an INT or at least induce a throw that would give him a shot at one.  I can't imagine he'd be doing that in practice against no-names.

Thanks for getting that I was talking about NFL memes as the Eagles fan and not you.  I could have worded that better.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No idea.  I will say when Diggs gets burned in games it seems its usually because he is going overboard trying to get an INT or at least induce a throw that would give him a shot at one.  I can't imagine he'd be doing that in practice against no-names.

Thanks for getting that I was talking about NFL memes as the Eagles fan and not you.  I could have worded that better.
View Quote

I knew what you meant.  Since I grew up without a home state team, I've always had a few different teams I liked just depending on the roster (Peyton Manning Colts era, Reggie White Packers era, Steve Young Niners, current Bills teams, etc.  So I like a few others outside of the Broncos...but the only time I can say I've been an Eagles fan was during the "Big Dick Nick Super Bowl Extravaganza".  
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I knew what you meant.  Since I grew up without a home state team, I've always had a few different teams I liked just depending on the roster (Peyton Manning Colts era, Reggie White Packers era, Steve Young Niners, current Bills teams, etc.  So I like a few others outside of the Broncos...but the only time I can say I've been an Eagles fan was during the "Big Dick Nick Super Bowl Extravaganza".  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was on the fence with that one.  On one hand it was hilarious that all the other teams in the NFC East had 3+ Super Bowl wins and the Eagles had none.  On the other hand I had the Eagles at 9/1 odds to win the Super Bowl.

I still can't believe they were offering the Eagles at 9/1 odds AFTER their divisional win against the Falcons.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Via ESPN : McVay returned to his hotel and, "a few tequilas in," he says now, hopped on a FaceTime with Rams brass, unleashing a plea that's now legendary around the team's office. "Here's the fucking deal, OK? We can sit here and exist, and be OK winning 9 to 11 games, and losing in the fucking divisional round and feel like, 'Oh, everything's OK.' Or, we could let our motherfucking nuts hang, and go trade for this fucking quarterback [Stafford], and give ourselves a chance to go win a fucking world championship. You ready to fucking do this or what?"

Edit: This is a story from the time period we already knew about in the previous off-season when McVay and Stafford were vacationing at the same resort, and Stafford told him he wanted out of Detroit, and a couple days later the trade was announced. Tampering for sure, but once again, tampering happens all the time and normally goes completely un-noticed.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I was on the fence with that one.  On one hand it was hilarious that all the other teams in the NFC East had 3+ Super Bowl wins and the Eagles had none.  On the other hand I had the Eagles at 9/1 odds to win the Super Bowl.

I still can't believe they were offering the Eagles at 9/1 odds AFTER their divisional win against the Falcons.
View Quote

I don't follow odds outside of UFC, so I wasn't aware of them and had to read up on the end of the season I couldn't remember what game Carson went down, but that is odd, not to mention after the Falcons, despite it being the Vikings that probably nobody expected to win, the Eagles still won 38-7.  Nick in the post season was 6/1 TD to INT, had almost 1,000 yards and had a comp. % of 72.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Via ESPN : McVay returned to his hotel and, "a few tequilas in," he says now, hopped on a FaceTime with Rams brass, unleashing a plea that's now legendary around the team's office. "Here's the fucking deal, OK? We can sit here and exist, and be OK winning 9 to 11 games, and losing in the fucking divisional round and feel like, 'Oh, everything's OK.' Or, we could let our motherfucking nuts hang, and go trade for this fucking quarterback [Stafford], and give ourselves a chance to go win a fucking world championship. You ready to fucking do this or what?"

Edit: This is a story from the time period we already knew about in the previous off-season when McVay and Stafford were vacationing at the same resort, and Stafford told him he wanted out of Detroit, and a couple days later the trade was announced. Tampering for sure, but once again, tampering happens all the time and normally goes completely un-noticed.
View Quote

And if not for the refs Amber Hearding the bed at the end of the Super Bowl it would have all been for nothing.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:41:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don't follow odds outside of UFC, so I wasn't aware of them and had to read up on the end of the season I couldn't remember what game Carson went down, but that is odd, not to mention after the Falcons, despite it being the Vikings that probably nobody expected to win, the Eagles still won 38-7.  Nick in the post season was 6/1 TD to INT, had almost 1,000 yards and had a comp. % of 72.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I figured they had about a coin flip chance of beating the Vikings and if they could do that then they’d be in the Super Bowl.  I wasn’t expecting them to beat the Patriots, but with 9/1 odds it sounded like great value.  For the weaker teams all you need to do is get in.  From there…

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Seahawks Camp.

Geno has been taking the 1st team offense reps vs the 2nd team defense.
Lock has been taking the 2nd team offense reps vs the 1st team defense.

Lock has been taking more reps overall (quantity). His numbers have been better than Geno's.

Local news speculations is that Pete wants to make Lock "earn" the starter role this pre-season, but it is actually his to lose.

Edit: Right up until they bring in Jimmy.
View Quote

To me, that just sounds like Pete wants the guy with several years of experience in SEA running their plays on the 1st team offense. And as far as 1st vs 2nd goes... From the team perspective that decision isn't being made based on the QB competition, but just getting good 1st team reps for each respective squad.

That said, it probably is Lock's to lose. Why else bring him over in the trade if you think Geno is good enough to roll with? That said, I still think Geno will start the season.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:32:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#27]
FBI raid judge

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#28]

I hope he enjoyed the game.  The Giants lost 19-3 and it started their active 9 game losing streak against Dak.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:51:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:55:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:04:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:14:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
I looked at it and immediately thought to myself, "Yeah, because they have cheap seats."

Scroll down a little, like 3rd reply was, "Browns suck and have cheap tickets."
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:35:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:56:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Hmmm.  Colin to the Browns?   Truly clown world
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:20:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

And if not for the refs Amber Hearding the bed at the end of the Super Bowl it would have all been for nothing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Took me a moment to translate.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:57:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Once Beast Mode, always Beast Mode
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

no doubt

Marshawn Lynch beast mode run vs Saints(2010)|NFL
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:57:08 AM EDT
[#39]
From PFT

...The NFL and Amazon have tried, we think, to make football fans aware of the seismic shift in Thursday Night Football, with the games moving from three-letter broadcast TV to a three-syllable streaming service. Whatever the league and Amazon have done, it hasn’t been sufficient.

A recent poll commissioned by Cumulus Media and Westwood One shows that not nearly enough ardent football fans, and non-ardent football fans, are aware that the Thursday night game has exited traditional, over-the-air TV and landed on a provider that requires reliable, high-speed Internet service and the purchase of Amazon Prime.

Per the poll (via BarrettSportsMedia.com), only 23 percent of all Americans 18 years or older are aware that Thursday Night Football will be available only on Amazon. Of occasional NFL viewers, only 30 percent know about the shift. And for frequent NFL viewers, merely 47 percent know. Which means that more than half of frequent NFL viewers just don’t know.

They’ll know soon, if they don’t know now. And plenty of them will be upset. Whether they don’t have sufficiently fast Internet or they don’t have a smart TV or they don’t have Amazon or simply resent the fact that what had been free for so long no longer is, they’ll react.

Some will complain and still buy access to the games. Some won’t. It will be interesting to see what the numbers will be. And whether those numbers will be disclosed.

Whatever they are, they won’t be the numbers the NFL is accustomed to on Thursday nights.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#41]
HBO has selected the Arizona Cardinals as their mid-season Hard Knocks team. To begin after the week 9 game.

Good pick.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:04:30 AM EDT
[#42]

The Atlantic City Police Dept. tells TMZ Sports ... back on July 31 at around 8:11 AM, officers were called to the Tropicana Atlantic City in New Jersey regarding a report of a domestic violence dispute.

Cops say a 28-year-old woman, who they did not identify, was speaking with hotel security ... but "did not exhibit signs of injury and complaints were not filed at the time."

Police, though, say after an investigation was launched ... Gore was ultimately charged this week with simple assault "related to the domestic violence incident."

No further details regarding the allegations were revealed.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Steelers not in the top 10?
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pittsburgh was 29th in the NFL for home attendance in 2021... 88.4% capacity average. Only the Jets, Lions and Washington were lower...

Strangely, they were the 2nd HIGHEST for road attendance with an average of 98.6% capacity. They have always traveled really well though.

Edit: 4 of the teams on the list (KC, MIN, DEN, LAR) actually came out at OVER 100% occupancy for their home games in 2021. Not sure what the hell that means... Standing tickets only? But that is a likely contributor for why all 4 of them are on the list.

Also another factor that manipulates this now is the 17 game schedule, only 50% of the teams have an additional home game each year now.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
From PFT

...The NFL and Amazon have tried, we think, to make football fans aware of the seismic shift in Thursday Night Football, with the games moving from three-letter broadcast TV to a three-syllable streaming service. Whatever the league and Amazon have done, it hasn’t been sufficient.

A recent poll commissioned by Cumulus Media and Westwood One shows that not nearly enough ardent football fans, and non-ardent football fans, are aware that the Thursday night game has exited traditional, over-the-air TV and landed on a provider that requires reliable, high-speed Internet service and the purchase of Amazon Prime.

Per the poll (via BarrettSportsMedia.com), only 23 percent of all Americans 18 years or older are aware that Thursday Night Football will be available only on Amazon. Of occasional NFL viewers, only 30 percent know about the shift. And for frequent NFL viewers, merely 47 percent know. Which means that more than half of frequent NFL viewers just don’t know.

They’ll know soon, if they don’t know now. And plenty of them will be upset. Whether they don’t have sufficiently fast Internet or they don’t have a smart TV or they don’t have Amazon or simply resent the fact that what had been free for so long no longer is, they’ll react.

Some will complain and still buy access to the games. Some won’t. It will be interesting to see what the numbers will be. And whether those numbers will be disclosed.

Whatever they are, they won’t be the numbers the NFL is accustomed to on Thursday nights.
View Quote

Thursday always has the lowest rating and shittiest games.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Harbaugh says they expect rookie OLB David Ojabo to return from his pro-day Achilles tear "mid-season, at the latest".

Ojabo had been trending towards being a 1st round pick up until he tore his Achilles at the Michigan pro-day. Ended up going late 2nd round. A mid-season return would be an impressive recovery time.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Bucs offensive line going to be in shambles before the season starts...

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think we'll see Elton back by Game 6.

Idk if Bahk's ever coming back, and if he does he won't be the same.
Srs.

IMHO part of what's going on with Bahk's knee is - the key to HIS play at Left Tackle?
He was very fast off the line, via a dramatic backward leg kick. He'd cover a giant stride to get into position, and fast.
If his knee doesn't have the same HIGH elastic/pliable quality it did? Idk if he can do that move.

We're asking a 300lb dude with scar tissue to go full gumby, at speed, with explosiveness.
And he's had complications IIRC with his recovery.

Fingers crossed for him
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Liquid Death (a water brand) did a "Hydration Assistant" (ie Water Boy) combine. Basically all the same events as the NFL combine but adding water. 40 yard dash carrying open cans of water. Benching cases of water. 3 cone drill with a dolly. Winner got a $100,000 water boy deal.

Liquid Death Signs Pro Football Waterboy To $100,000 Endorsement Deal

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From PFT

It feels like every other week features the Jaguars.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top