Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bucs offensive line going to be in shambles before the season starts...

View Quote

Adam Schefter taking the ‘L.’

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:27:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Apparently Schefter with the rare "W".

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

https://media4.giphy.com/media/EDt1m8p5hqXG8/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47k3cx09buzk77mv6iyogu8fras49sfkng4wz4ry0z&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://media4.giphy.com/media/EDt1m8p5hqXG8/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47k3cx09buzk77mv6iyogu8fras49sfkng4wz4ry0z&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Schefter reported the Bucs lost him to injury the same time his biggest rival reported it was just cramps.  How does that qualify as Schefter taking a “W’?
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Schefter reported the Bucs lost him to injury the same time his biggest rival reported it was just cramps.  How does that qualify as Schefter taking a "W'?
View Quote
It doesn't. I'm an idiot and saw Rap as Schefter in my brain.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Schefter reported the Bucs lost him to injury the same time his biggest rival reported it was just cramps.  How does that qualify as Schefter taking a "W'?

With as much as he makes an ass of himself I thought maybe it was a Schefter-related joke/reference I was missing.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Via PFT: NFL wants immediate suspension of Deshaun Watson, NFLPA doesn't rule it out

Earlier today, we raised the possibility of appeals officer Peter Harvey ruling in the next two days that Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson should be suspended for a full year, and that it should begin immediately. We have an update.

Yes, the NFL has asked for a one-year suspension starting now. If implemented before Friday night, this would keep Watson off the field for the preseason opener against the Jaguars. And, no, the NFL Players Association hasn’t ruled out the possibility of this happening.

As one source with knowledge of the union’s thinking on the case said, “We are ready if he does.”

Everyone else needs to be ready, too. Today, tomorrow, or Friday. Harvey can issue a ruling, and Watson will be barred from playing. And if the union plans to try to fight the decision in court, the league may be tempted to wait as long as possibly, thereby limiting the amount of time that the union has to launch a counter aimed at getting Watson on the field, for the balance of the preseason.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pittsburgh was 29th in the NFL for home attendance in 2021... 88.4% capacity average. Only the Jets, Lions and Washington were lower...

Strangely, they were the 2nd HIGHEST for road attendance with an average of 98.6% capacity. They have always traveled really well though.

Edit: 4 of the teams on the list (KC, MIN, DEN, LAR) actually came out at OVER 100% occupancy for their home games in 2021. Not sure what the hell that means... Standing tickets only? But that is a likely contributor for why all 4 of them are on the list.

Also another factor that manipulates this now is the 17 game schedule, only 50% of the teams have an additional home game each year now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Steelers not in the top 10?
Pittsburgh was 29th in the NFL for home attendance in 2021... 88.4% capacity average. Only the Jets, Lions and Washington were lower...

Strangely, they were the 2nd HIGHEST for road attendance with an average of 98.6% capacity. They have always traveled really well though.

Edit: 4 of the teams on the list (KC, MIN, DEN, LAR) actually came out at OVER 100% occupancy for their home games in 2021. Not sure what the hell that means... Standing tickets only? But that is a likely contributor for why all 4 of them are on the list.

Also another factor that manipulates this now is the 17 game schedule, only 50% of the teams have an additional home game each year now.

Pittsburgh fans are insanely overrated.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2021 PA had the stupid covid bullshit.
Steelers bent the knee on it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 2:00:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been there pre-covid. They have been so spoiled by success for so long that they aren’t into it like they used to be. l have had hardcore season ticket holders tell me it isn’t the same too.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 2:07:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I have been there pre-covid. They have been so spoiled by success for so long that they aren't into it like they used to be. l have had hardcore season ticket holders tell me it isn't the same too.
View Quote
Past time to get rid of dumlin.

Also rooneys are fucking stupid with the damn social justice bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#14]
The car tires...

That front tire is down to the spokes...
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been there pre-covid. They have been so spoiled by success for so long that they aren't into it like they used to be. l have had hardcore season ticket holders tell me it isn't the same too.

Absolutely.   It is still a good experience and the tailgating is cool, especially along the river.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would take Mike Tomlin to coach the Cowboys in a cocaine heartbeat.

Sure, he would be handicapped by that fuckwit Jerry, but Tomlin demands respect from players. He would do well in spite of Jones IMO.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Via PFT: NFL wants immediate suspension of Deshaun Watson, NFLPA doesn't rule it out

View Quote

Every time I see his name I wonder how we got to this point.

2020: Signed contract extension and his team 4-12.
2021: Sat out because he wanted to be traded.
2022: Over 20 sexual assault allegations - gets traded for 3 1st round picks + others and then gets $230 million guaranteed money.

I understand teams kicking the tires on him to see what it would take to get via trade but damn.

With all that being said I don't think a year suspension is long enough if the NFL wants to say they support women. They aren't going to fine the Browns for making the trade in the middle of the of all it so it would have to default back to player to punish them.

Yes, I know the NFL only cares about ones thing = money.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talk about spoiled...

The guy has never had a losing season as a coach and every year we see people saying it's time for him to go...
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

With all that being said I don't think a year suspension is long enough if the NFL wants to say they support women. They aren't going to fine the Browns for making the trade in the middle of the of all it so it would have to default back to player to punish them.

Yes, I know the NFL only cares about ones thing = money.
View Quote
The rumor mongering has been they want 1 season plus a $10M fine which would replace the salary that Watson received while sitting on the bench for the Texans in 2021. Which would effectively turn his 2021 season into a suspension in post. While not a true 2 year suspension, it is better than just a 1 year suspension and nothing else at this point.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 2:37:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Talk about spoiled...

The guy has never had a losing season as a coach and every year we see people saying it's time for him to go...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talk about spoiled...

"Never had a losing season" isn't exactly a super high bar though.  Jason Garrett never had a losing season with the exception of 2015 when Romo played about 4 games.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Talk about spoiled...

View Quote
He really impressed me a couple of seasons ago when Big B. was hurt.  He won games with literally nothing.  He's easily in the Top 5 NFL coaches for me.  But the reality is that even really good coaches are going to do much without a top QB.  Big B. lingered a bit too long and the Steelers didn't want to shove him out.  That's understandable, but it's the reason why the Steelers haven't been back to the big show, not Tomlin.  I also think his loose style rubs people the wrong way.  We seem to instinctively want a disciplinarian, but that isn't the only leadership style.  

Also, you're never going to fire the only active black HC to win a Superbowl.  Never.  Won't happen.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#22]
So the Cowboys training camp goes to California every year, they are in Oxnard again this year. ESPN just did a piece on what it takes to arrange all of it.

Seven figure bill to set it all up with six months of planning.
Rent out the entire River Ridge Residence Inn complex (32 buildings).
Four double wide trailers setup at River Ridge for coaches, scouting and video department personnel.
Ballrooms converted into meeting and dining rooms.
Personnel and security arrive 3 weeks before coaches and players.
Ten 53 foot long trucks weighing 10-13k pounds each bring in equipment.
500 pounds of wristbands for visitors.
Three levels of fencing are set up around the complex.
They convert 5 existing tennis courts into the weight room, rookie locker room, media center and family viewing.
Equipment staff and training staff are each provided a triple wide trailer.
A Brazilian field expert (works with FIFA for World Cups) flies in to treat and maintain the fields.
Chefs from The Star, Legends Hospitality, SoFi Stadium and LAFC help prepare food.
Food trucks and local LA chefs brought in on rotation.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So the Cowboys training camp goes to California every year, they are in Oxnard again this year. ESPN just did a piece on what it takes to arrange all of it.

Seven figure bill to set it all up with six months of planning.
Rent out the entire River Ridge Residence Inn complex (32 buildings).
Four double wide trailers setup at River Ridge for coaches, scouting and video department personnel.
Ballrooms converted into meeting and dining rooms.
Personnel and security arrive 3 weeks before coaches and players.
Ten 53 foot long trucks weighing 10-13k pounds each bring in equipment.
500 pounds of wristbands for visitors.
Three levels of fencing are set up around the complex.
They convert 5 existing tennis courts into the weight room, rookie locker room, media center and family viewing.
Equipment staff and training staff are each provided a triple wide trailer.
A Brazilian field expert (works with FIFA for World Cups) flies in to treat and maintain the fields.
Chefs from The Star, Legends Hospitality, SoFi Stadium and LAFC help prepare food.
Food trucks and local LA chefs brought in on rotation.
View Quote

So just a tad bit more involved than the Redskins’ camp.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Training camp hype in a nutshell:

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I would take Mike Tomlin to coach the Cowboys in a cocaine heartbeat.

Sure, he would be handicapped by that fuckwit Jerry, but Tomlin demands respect from players. He would do well in spite of Jones IMO.
View Quote
Enjoy more of the losing in the post season with dumlin.
Quoted:

Talk about spoiled...

View Quote
Has a losing season in the post season.

Way to many one and done in the post season.

Has enable multiple players to be fucking shitheads.
For being a db guru he has failed to develop any db drafted.

Been a fan of the Steelers since the 70's.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Sometimes good isn't good enough, and for some teams, just making it to the post season doesn't make that cut. In the last 5 seasons the Steelers have missed the cut twice, they lucked in this year (2021) with a shite record, and they have gone 0-3 in the post season.

Reminds me of the early 2000's Chargers. Schotty took over a team that went 14-34 under Riley. He had two struggle years turning it around and then in his 3rd year they went 12-4 and won the division for the first time in 10 years. Two years later they went 14-2, best record in football, and lost in the first round to the Pats and the Chargers fired Schotty.

If you want to win Championships, sometimes you have to make changes even if you're already a winning team.

Rams did it. 2017 they won the division. 2018 they won the division and lost in the Super Bowl. 2020 they were 10-6, made the playoffs, and lost. McVay got drunk, tampered with Stafford, brought him in, they leveraged all the cap space and picks they could, brought in OBJ and Von. Made it happen.

The problem with Pittsburgh is... Who do you replace Tomlin with? There's no known commodity, so they would have to take a gamble, and who do you gamble on? Of course they have other problems like quarterback questions now...
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Sometimes good isn't good enough, and for some teams, just making it to the post season doesn't make that cut. In the last 5 seasons the Steelers have missed the cut twice, they lucked in this year (2021) with a shite record, and they have gone 0-3 in the post season.

Reminds me of the early 2000's Chargers. Schotty took over a team that went 14-34 under Riley. He had two struggle years turning it around and then in his 3rd year they went 12-4 and won the division for the first time in 10 years. Two years later they went 14-2, best record in football, and lost in the first round to the Pats and the Chargers fired Schotty.

If you want to win Championships, sometimes you have to make changes even if you're already a winning team.

Rams did it. 2017 they won the division. 2018 they won the division and lost in the Super Bowl. 2020 they were 10-6, made the playoffs, and lost. McVay got drunk, tampered with Stafford, brought him in, they leveraged all the cap space and picks they could, brought in OBJ and Von. Made it happen.

The problem with Pittsburgh is... Who do you replace Tomlin with? There's no known commodity, so they would have to take a gamble, and who do you gamble on? Of course they have other problems like quarterback questions now...
View Quote

Are we going to ignore the fact that the Steelers haven't had an actual QB since 2018? Because that's relevant...
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Fits right in with the rest of ARFcom that still supports the NFL.

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Are we going to ignore the fact that the Steelers haven't had an actual QB since 2018? Because that's relevant...
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#31]
McAfee is big time now. The Pat McAfee Show has secured NFL licensing rights and may now use NFL Films and game replay footage on their show.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
McAfee is big time now. The Pat McAfee Show has secured NFL licensing rights and may now use NFL Films and game replay footage on their show.
View Quote

I haven't seen it in a while, and I'll make no attempt to dig for it, but last season, there were some posts going around showing that McAfee had more viewers than some big ESPN or NFL Network show(s).

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#33]

Looking at you NFL...
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Looking at you NFL...
View Quote

I'd laugh if this ended up being the only game Deshaun Cosby plays in a Browns Jersey
If he gets rick-rolled by the NFL and the NFLPA, gets suspended for a year, then cries his way into getting traded (or cut) agin.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:17:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Earlier today, we raised the possibility of appeals officer Peter Harvey ruling in the next two days that Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson should be suspended for a full year, and that it should begin immediately. We have an update.

Yes, the NFL has asked for a one-year suspension starting now. If implemented before Friday night, this would keep Watson off the field for the preseason opener against the Jaguars. And, no, the NFL Players Association hasn’t ruled out the possibility of this happening.

As one source with knowledge of the union’s thinking on the case said, “We are ready if he does.”

Everyone else needs to be ready, too. Today, tomorrow, or Friday. Harvey can issue a ruling, and Watson will be barred from playing. And if the union plans to try to fight the decision in court, the league may be tempted to wait as long as possibly, thereby limiting the amount of time that the union has to launch a counter aimed at getting Watson on the field, for the balance of the preseason.

If I'm the Browns there is no way I'm putting Watson on the field for this first pre-season game.

And wtf does "balance of the preseason" mean?
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's suggesting the NFL might wait until late Friday to make their announcement, so that the NFLPA/Watson/Cleveland has no time to file for an injunction before the Jags preseason game kicks off Friday night (ensuring Watson does not play).

So then the "balance of the preseason" would be the remaining preseason games after Friday.

Edit: Simplified: If the league filed today, the NFLPA could possibly get an injunction before Friday allowing Watson to play. If the league waits until late Friday, the NFLPA would only be able to seek an injunction in time for pre-season week 2.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I haven't seen it in a while, and I'll make no attempt to dig for it, but last season, there were some posts going around showing that McAfee had more viewers than some big ESPN or NFL Network show(s).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen his show a few times (or, at least clips of it). His model is entertaining, for sure, and it doesn't surprise me that he draws more viewers than other, more established programs.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I've seen his show a few times (or, at least clips of it). His model is entertaining, for sure, and it doesn't surprise me that he draws more viewers than other, more established programs.
View Quote
Definitely more energetic and interesting than most of the big name pundits, and his content is available for free 24/7.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:43:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What "big" show does the NFL Network have?
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NFL Gameday and GMFB are the only two that I can think of. Pretty sure GMFB has higher ratings than Get Up does now. Which is their direct morning competitor.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It's suggesting the NFL might wait until late Friday to make their announcement, so that the NFLPA/Watson/Cleveland has no time to file for an injunction before the Jags preseason game kicks off Friday night (ensuring Watson does not play).

So then the "balance of the preseason" would be the remaining preseason games after Friday.

Edit: Simplified: If the league filed today, the NFLPA could possibly get an injunction before Friday allowing Watson to play. If the league waits until late Friday, the NFLPA would only be able to seek an injunction in time for pre-season week 2.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So remainder seems like a better word then...

Balance makes it seem like they're concerned about the competitive balance in the preseason....
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 7:37:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Fits right in with the rest of ARFcom that still supports the NFL.

View Quote

Then what the fuck are you doing here?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Interesting picture, making Goodell look like Judge Dredd

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZ43qkCWAAAe2um?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote
An absolutely essential/vital part of the offense for years. Edit: I'm sure Falcons fans aren't sad to see him go.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#49]

Oh geez...

Edit: With it being planned out, at least that is less concerning than a sudden absence.

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:56:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZ43qkCWAAAe2um?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

The Pats have had some really good versatile backs over the years. He was near the top of the list.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top