Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:44:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Final details of the Cincy deal not out yet… but it’s supposed to be somewhere around 20mil for 2 years and the 3rd year highly incentives based. Reunion with Pollack his Oline coach in Dallas with whom he had his best years is huge. Bengals haven’t had even a somewhat decent oline since we let Whit go. This is an incredible signing along with 2 other solid Oline players that they didn’t overpay for.
And there’s this ??
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/429534/494989C7-5229-422F-9900-57166122213A_jpe-2320781.JPG
View Quote

Looks like Cincy finally got the hint that they should protect their franchise QB instead of letting him get mauled.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:19:32 AM EDT
[#2]
[Rapaport] The #Falcons fielded trade calls the last few days centered around QB Matt Ryan, sources say. Today is a deadline to make a decision, as Ryan will earn a $7.5M roster bonus from ATL if he's on the roster at 4 pm. It'll be either a trade or back to ATL, possibly with a sweetener.

Rumor mill says the Colts are in on it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[Rapaport] The #Falcons fielded trade calls the last few days centered around QB Matt Ryan, sources say. Today is a deadline to make a decision, as Ryan will earn a $7.5M roster bonus from ATL if he's on the roster at 4 pm. It'll be either a trade or back to ATL, possibly with a sweetener.

Rumor mill says the Colts are in on it.
View Quote

Seattle has been calling the Falcons too. As of now, Ryan is still a Falcon and very well may remain as such.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:17:28 AM EDT
[#5]
VIA The Athletic: Link

'The most toxic environment I've ever been a part of': Inside Urban Meyer's disastrous year with Jaguars

Coaches, players and staff stating that Meyer was belittling, demeaning and led by fear. Would threaten to fire coaches and cut players. Was unfamiliar with who NFL players were. Would insult people to their faces.

One story in the article: A player missed an assignment during a preseason game. An enraged Meyer, in a room of multiple people, "And do you know what would happen if I cut you guys? You couldn't get a job paying more than $15 an hour."

A veteran player, "I lost all respect for him after that."

Jaguars WR John Brown and Trevor Lawrence stayed after practice to run a route they had messed up. Reportedly Urban Meyer came up and said to Lawrence, "Trevor, you've got to slow it down for him. These boys from the South, their transcripts ain't right."

Multiple sources told The Athletic that coach Urban Meyer was unfamiliar with star players around the NFL, including, Deebo Samuel, Jamal Adams and Aaron Donald. "Who's this 99 guy on the Rams? I'm hearing he might be a problem for us."
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

'The most toxic environment I've ever been a part of': Inside Urban Meyer's disastrous year with Jaguars

Coaches, players and staff stating that Meyer was belittling, demeaning and led by fear. Would threaten to fire coaches and cut players. Was unfamiliar with who NFL players were. Would insult people to their faces.

One story in the article: A player missed an assignment during a preseason game. An enraged Meyer, in a room of multiple people, "And do you know what would happen if I cut you guys? You couldn't get a job paying more than $15 an hour."

A veteran player, "I lost all respect for him after that."

Jaguars WR John Brown and Trevor Lawrence stayed after practice to run a route they had messed up. Reportedly Urban Meyer came up and said to Lawrence, "Trevor, you've got to slow it down for him. These boys from the South, their transcripts ain't right."

Multiple sources told The Athletic that coach Urban Meyer was unfamiliar with star players around the NFL, including, Deebo Samuel, Jamal Adams and Aaron Donald. "Who's this 99 guy on the Rams? I'm hearing he might be a problem for us."
View Quote

I know someone that was on his staff. He had another job lined up in the preseason.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pitt shares the practice facility with the Steelers. You would think that they would have already seen everything wanted from him.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Pitt shares the practice facility with the Steelers. You would think that they would have already seen everything wanted from him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Steelers have interviewed SIXTEEN candidates for the General Manager position... They don't know what the fuck they want right now.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Horse shit
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Steelers have interviewed SIXTEEN candidates for the General Manager position... They don't know what the fuck they want right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Steelers are a mess with ArtII,dumlin and colbert on his final draft.

I do not want Pickett.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like a slam dunk for San Fran... as long as Lance can play.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 12:19:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They want a diversity higher.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Tony Buzbee, the attorney for the 22 women who are suing Deshaun Watson, told ESPN that not one NFL team reached out to him or his clients in the course of their efforts to research Watson as a trade option.

"The Browns organization did not reach out to me. I didn't expect them to do so, and can understand why they didn't. But, knowing what I know, they probably should have."

Cuz they don't give a shit Tony!
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Blocked by paywall. Anyone have the full article?
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:03:01 PM EDT
[#18]
The Al Michael's Amazon deal is done. An official announcement is expected as early as this week. Still expected to be around $2M per game.

So we will have Troy and Joe on Mondays, Kirk and Al on Thursdays.

NBC is trying to keep Collinsworth to pair with Tirico.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
So many unintended consequences of Watson being traded.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only been able to find bits, not a full copy yet.

Some other bits though:

...according to multiple sources in the meeting, Meyer said: "I hate scouts. Scouts are lazy." It was an especially jarring comment given that scouts were also in the room.

...After the season opener, Meyer had confidently told his team he had never lost two in a row. But after the Cincinnati loss, one source said Meyer looked "shellshocked" in the locker room.

...Multiple sources said Meyer went from position group to position group telling players that the woman in the video tried to lure him onto the dance floor despite Meyer's refusal.

...Meyer, who still had four years left on his contract, seemed to blame his behavior on losing. It "eats away at your soul," he told Dakich and said he "went through that whole depression thing to where I'd stare at the ceilings."
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Remember, if the Falcons don't have it done by 4pm EST, they owe Matt that roster bonus. 7.5M reasons why the deal should be done soon.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:38:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Another insult to Ryan. I hope him all the best, he has been a class act here in Atlanta.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Another insult to Ryan. I hope him all the best, he has been a class act here in Atlanta.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel bad for guys that pour that much time into a franchise just to get traded away in their final season or two.

I mean, the guy's socked away 9 figures, so I don't feel that bad, but still.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

But we were assured the Falcons could get a 1st and a 2nd for him.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Assuming the Colts are taking on all contract obligations, they will have Ryan for two years, $51.75M cash due. $23.75M in 2022, $28M in 2023.

The Falcons will carry an almost $40M dead cap hit.

Good trade for the Colts, 3rd round pick for a veteran QB at aprox $25M per year with no dead cap obligations. That would put them around 15th for annual QB salary obligations.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:47:26 PM EDT
[#29]
So Falcons and Panthers still need QB's who am I missing?
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Seattle
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Seattle
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seattle
Where is Baker going?
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Urban Meyer didn't know who Aaron Donald is

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:54:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Where is Baker going?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seattle
Where is Baker going?

No good landing spots left, unfortunately.

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:55:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No good landing spots left, unfortunately.

View Quote

Panthers might not be bad.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Who is this #12 on Tampa Bay?"
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going through Combine/FA/Draft season without a GM is incredible. Long term, it might even be worse than going into the regular season without a QB.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#38]
For the price of a single 3rd round pick the Colts jumped from 35/1 Super Bowl odds to 25/1.

Not too shabby.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess we'll find out if Ryan has anything left in the tank. Indy has a good OL and a decent scheme, so there won't be the same excuses for his decline in ATL.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Falcons already have a young top 10 pick in the QB room. Time for Rosen to shine.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#41]

I mean they did trade a 1st and a 3rd for Wentz... So... I wouldn't brag too hard. But yes, decent moves this off-season.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Falcons already have a young top 10 pick in the QB room. Time for Rosen to shine.
View Quote

9 whole mistakes ahead of him.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Seattle
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seattle

Full list based on my opinion:

Jets
Giants
WTF
Steelers
Lions
Texans
Falcons
Panthers
Saints
Seahawks

QB danger zone:
Dolphins
Eagles
Bears
Vikings
Jags
49ers
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Where is Baker going?
View Quote
Seattle and Atlanta are not in on Baker. Leaves Panthers and I find it unlikely they make that move after the Sam Darnold move last year.

Puts Cleveland in an interesting spot. Baker is on his 5th year option. It's $18.9M fully guaranteed. Cleveland has to pay him that full amount if they can't unload him. They have zero leverage in trying to deal him.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm absolutely not defending that piece of shit Meyer in any way, but that sounds like sarcasm to me.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Seattle and Atlanta are not in on Baker. Leaves Panthers and I find it unlikely they make that move after the Sam Darnold move last year.

Puts Cleveland in an interesting spot. Baker is on his 5th year option. It's $18.9M fully guaranteed. Cleveland has to pay him that full amount if they can't unload him. They have zero leverage in trying to deal him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where is Baker going?

Cleveland may keep Baker for a year so they have a QB while their dream child is on suspension
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Cleveland may keep Baker for a year so they have a QB while their dream child is on suspension
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where is Baker going?

However if you believe reports, Mayfield won't play another snap for Cleveland ever again. Same declaration Watson had made for the Texans (ironic).

$65M in cash they will pay out to Watson and Mayfield in 2022 and they could both end up not playing a down.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top