Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:14:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The Browns gave up 3 firsts, 1 3rd, 1 4th, and $230M in fully guaranteed money for Watson as he awaits the results of his civil suits for allegedly sexually assaulting 22 women.

The Colts gave up 1 third round pick for Ryan.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Was a good run...

Sunday Night Football on NBC @SNFonNBC

Matt Ryan's career with the #Falcons: ?? 59,735 yards ?? 367 TDs ?? 120 wins ?? 42 game-winning drives ?? 2016 MVP ?? 2016 OPOY ?? 2008 OROY ?? 4x Pro Bowl ?? 1x All-Pro What a run for Matty Ice in Atlanta. #NFL https://t.co/7QTBqvIkTn
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm absolutely not defending that piece of shit Meyer in any way, but that sounds like sarcasm to me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Urban Meyer didn't know who Aaron Donald is

I'm absolutely not defending that piece of shit Meyer in any way, but that sounds like sarcasm to me.

Meyer is very sarcastic. Most of the things posted are examples of this, not his ignorance.  He can certainly be an asshole and he wasn’t prepared to deal with millionaires instead of 19 year olds.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
The stuff coming out about him is crazy. Given his quick and dramatic downfall and terrible coaching performance, I'm inclined to believe it. Total bag of ass.

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Browns gave up 3 firsts, 1 3rd, 1 4th, and $230M in fully guaranteed money for Watson as he awaits the results of his civil suits for allegedly sexually assaulting 22 women.

View Quote

Browns beating the Steelers in the playoffs will be the peak of their organization for me.

I liked them because they were shit on for so long and it felt like they were TRYING to right the ship, but after signing Watson and giving up that much to do so I'm out.

G/L Baker.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

11 days ago, this happened:

Colts received:

2022 third-round pick
   2023 third-round pick that escalates to a second-round pick if Wentz plays 70% of snaps
   2022 second-round pick

Commanders received:

Carson Wentz
   2022 second-round pick

Meanwhile, Garoppolo and Mayfield are available for trade, and Winston and Mariota are available as FAs.

The Browns decision is one thing, but the WTF also really screwed up.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Vikings retaining Hunter AND signing Z Smith would be a surprise.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#9]

I think Seattle is in on Malik in the draft. They will probably start the season with Geno Smith and I bet they won't reach the end of the year before Malik is the starter.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Browns beating the Steelers in the playoffs will be the peak of their organization.

I liked them because they were shit on for so long and it felt like they were TRYING to right the ship, but after signing Watson and giving up that much to do so I'm out.

G/L Baker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Browns beating the Steelers in the playoffs will be the peak of their organization.

G/L Baker.

You're far from alone on that.

There are fans all over the NFL (myself included) that feel roughly the same way. Any goodwill we might have had towards the Browns franchise is gone.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Falcons gonna Falcon...  

DW really screwed them.  They were ready to sign a restructure deal with Matt to free up cap space when DW contacted them.  They went all in to get DW, and pretty much had the deal done.  Then Cleveland threw a hail marry after screwing up their situation with Mayfield, and DW went for the money.  Then Matt asked for a new 3 year deal to return, and they are forced to trade him for a pathetic return while eating $40 million in dead money.  

I guarantee that whoever they sign to play QB this year will only make the situation even more comical.

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

True
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:33:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ryan was only thing holding it together. It’s easily a bottom 5 roster now.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The stuff coming out about him is crazy. Given his quick and dramatic downfall and terrible coaching performance, I'm inclined to believe it. Total bag of ass.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOYFil3XwAMSFIH?format=jpg&name=large
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOYFil3XwAMSFIH?format=jpg&name=large

You have to remember, that although Urban can be a jerk, the media has their knives out for him ever since he denied knowing about Zach Smith and his wife’s problems when asked about it at the Big 10 media day. He lied to them and they will never forget or forgive.

I have some inside knowledge of that and the reportage was so twisted it is amazing.

He is a super intense egomaniac though.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Falcons gonna Falcon...  

DW really screwed them.  They were ready to sign a restructure deal with Matt to free up cap space when DW contacted them.  They went all in to get DW, and pretty much had the deal done.  Then Cleveland threw a hail marry after screwing up their situation with Mayfield, and DW went for the money.  Then Matt asked for a new 3 year deal to return, and they are forced to trade him for a pathetic return while eating $40 million in dead money.  

I guarantee that whoever they sign to play QB this year will only make the situation even more comical.

View Quote

Objectively speaking, the Falcons should just tank and hope for #1 overall so they can have their pick of QBs in 2023.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:35:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There are fans all over the NFL (myself included) that feel roughly the same way. Any goodwill we might have had towards the Browns franchise is gone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

G/L Baker.

Agreed
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:36:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

$14M a season for Crab Legs isn't horrible.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:36:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

And just like that, the Saints have one of the best QBs in the NFC.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Objectively speaking, the Falcons should just tank and hope for #1 overall so they can have their pick of QBs in 2023.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Falcons gonna Falcon...  

I don't think it will take any special effort for the Falcons to tank this season given what they are working with. It's ironic that they have blamed many of their deficiencies the last 2 seasons on moves the previous GM made, saying they had no money to pursue top talent. Now they are holding a $40 Million bag with nothing to show for it, same old BS they were blaming on Dimitroff
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Atlanta: *Drafts Kyle Pitts 4th overall*
Also Atlanta: *Wastes Kyle Pitts entire rookie contract by self-combusting*
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don't think it will take any special effort for the Falcons to tank this season given what they are working with. It's ironic that they have blamed many of their deficiencies the last 2 seasons on moves the previous GM made, saying they had no money to pursue top talent. Now they are holding a $40 Million bag with nothing to show for it, same old BS they were blaming on Dimitroff
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Falcons gonna Falcon...  

But they need to tank enough to get the #1 overall pick.  Not just tank enough to get a high pick.  Currently the Texans, Jets, Lions, Jaguars, Panthers, Giants, and Bears all have worse Super Bowl odds than they do.  2 or 3 extra wins could end up being the difference b/w having #1 and having #6.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:57:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Fuckin hell.

If HALF that stuff is true he should be banned from the sport of football.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:01:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m all for it. It’s easy to embrace the suck when you already suck.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Atlanta: *Drafts Kyle Pitts 4th overall*
Also Atlanta: *Wastes Kyle Pitts entire rookie contract by self-combusting*
View Quote

It's almost as if that was 100% predictable, and the Falcons never should have used that pick on that player...
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:07:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
That guy is a douche, but he's right.

Zero chance they got an offer of (2) 2nd round picks for Jimmy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem for fanbases is that, with few exceptions, GMs and coaches are MUCH, MUCH more concerned with doing whatever looks best right now instead of doing what's best for the team over the next 5 years.  They care about keeping their jobs as long as possible.  Not building the best team possible for their replacement to take over.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Last season the Eagles set an NFL record for biggest dead cap hit ($33.8M) when they traded Wentz to the Colts.

This season the Falcons set a new NFL record for biggest dead cap hit ($40.525M) when they traded Ryan to the Colts.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Colts’ week 1 starting QBs:

2017: Scott Tolzien

2018: Andrew Luck

2019: Jacoby Brissett

2020: Philip Rivers

2021: Carson Wentz

2022: Matt Ryan
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Colts’ week 1 starting QBs:

2017: Scott Tolzien

2018: Andrew Luck

2019: Jacoby Brissett

2020: Philip Rivers

2021: Carson Wentz

2022: Matt Ryan
View Quote

Sort of like the town bicycle, everyone gets a ride
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:40:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

And there it is...
The guy that got benched by his previous team, just got a two year contract from the coach that benched him.

Being a Falcon's fan sucks!
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a suprise.  Over Gardner Minshew, Baker and Jimmy G?

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:52:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Looking at the mock drafts it is fuckin' wild to see ZERO QBs going in the top 8 and only ONE going in the top 16.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:55:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Must be going by melanin content. Wonder if they will try to pass him off as "non-white"?
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:58:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Looking at the mock drafts it is fuckin' wild to see ZERO QBs going in the top 8 and only ONE going in the top 16.
View Quote

The QBs really, really suck this year. And I'm absolutely not sold on Kenny Pickett. He'll probably go top 5 just because someone gets desperate every year, but damn. I've never seen a QB class this bad.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 4:00:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Right now it sounds like the Eagles love Minshew and don't want to let him go unless it is a sweet deal, and no one is giving up something good for Minshew. Dude is trapped in back up land.

This year is the last year of his contract though. $2.5M

We'll see what happens next year.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 4:04:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The QBs really, really suck this year. And I'm absolutely not sold on Kenny Pickett. He'll probably go top 5 just because someone gets desperate every year, but damn. I've never seen a QB class this bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I totally understand why.  It's just crazy to actually see it.  I mean when was the last time we had ZERO QBs go in the top 8 and only ONE go in the top 16?
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Right now it sounds like the Eagles love Minshew and don't want to let him go unless it is a sweet deal, and no one is giving up something good for Minshew. Dude is trapped in back up land.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd hold a clipboard for 2.5...
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Oh, I totally understand why.  It's just crazy to actually see it.  I mean when was the last time we had ZERO QBs go in the top 8 and only ONE go in the top 16?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't been following the draft long enough to say, but I'm guessing it's a damn long time.

Some people are saying it's because of the free Covid year developing a bunch of tackles and corners and edge rushers for an extra year, but man. There's just no QB talent available. Pickett put up okay numbers against okay competition. Other than that, there's a Memphis, or Louisville guy? NOBODY after that.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 4:12:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It's almost as if that was 100% predictable, and the Falcons never should have used that pick on that player...
View Quote

2023 was always going to be the first year they could field a competitive team. I still don’t hate the pick. Sewell and getting out of Mathew’s contract would have been better but drafting Olinemen isn’t sexy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Seattle and Atlanta are not in on Baker. Leaves Panthers and I find it unlikely they make that move after the Sam Darnold move last year.

Puts Cleveland in an interesting spot. Baker is on his 5th year option. It's $18.9M fully guaranteed. Cleveland has to pay him that full amount if they can't unload him. They have zero leverage in trying to deal him.
View Quote
Emphasizing what I said above...

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Arthur Blank:

"Matt Ryan has been the epitome of a franchise quarterback during his time here in Atlanta. He has represented this organization with great class, professionalism and leadership, both on and off the field, over the past 14 years. It is difficult to overstate what he has meant to me personally, our organization, his teammates and our fans."

"From his first day in the building, Matt has given his all in the pursuit of winning a championship for Atlanta. His arrival in 2008 instantly made us a contender in the NFC and he's been our quarterback through the most successful era in Falcons history. Matt led us to the playoffs six times, including two NFC Championship games, and the first Super Bowl appearance under my stewardship of the franchise. He holds every significant passing record in club history, is an All-Pro, an NFL MVP and is without question one of the greatest players in Falcons history. He will one day be added to our Ring of Honor, and it is my belief that a bust in Canton will follow in short order."
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top