User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 647
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:01:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

that's the best guy I thought the skins had a realistic chance at grabbing. I'm sure at the time they were asking for more than two second round picks, though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:04:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
He is available. So are Andy Dalton, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Nathan Peterman.
View Quote

Would be fun to watch if Dak got hurt and Cowboys signed Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:08:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Tannehill turned the Titans around when he took over. I have 0 confidence in Mariota.
View Quote

As a Titan fan.. Mariota is a great guy... BUT.... I am glad he isnt our QB anymore for a reason.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Would be fun to watch if Dak got hurt and Cowboys signed Ryan Fitzpatrick.
View Quote
He needs to sign with an nfc north and afc west to have played in all 8 divisions.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He's also been injured, a lot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He got beat out by Tannehill... He's a backup

He's also been injured, a lot.

If Mariota survives half the season behind the Falcons offensive line I'll be surprised
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I've given up on the Browns.
Not much works out.
There's something fucky about the team.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 10:26:02 AM EDT
[#8]
[Schultz] FA RB Leonard Fournette is re-signing with the Bucs, per source. 3 years, $21M for Fournette  with $24M upside. Playoff Lenny is still just 27 and already the most accomplished playoff RB among active players. Big time move by Tampa Bay to bring him back.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've given up on the Browns.
Not much works out.
There's something fucky about the team.
View Quote

The Watson trade makes even less sense when you look at his cap hits. This year is manageable but he carries a $55mil cap hit every year after this one.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Chiefs will still stomp the Broncos 2x a year like they always do.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:22:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

CBS seems to frequently confuse QBR with Passer Rating.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Chiefs were a Melvin Gordon fumble away from losing to Drew Lock last year, but sure.  We'll see how this plays out.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:42:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/images/789753fe05bf7bb7cb06ec0a23bb8b6c/tenor.gif?ctx=share

The Chiefs were a Melvin Gordon fumble away from losing to Drew Lock last year, but sure.  We'll see how this plays out.
View Quote

Im not sure where my distain for the Chiefs come from.. But I fkn hate them.. Maybe its the Kermit the frog QB or his fkn nancy ass brother with those fkn tik toks.. in addition to his gash of a wife who never shuts the fuck up!
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice to see Kaepernick constantly trending on twitter.  The woke cucks sure are pushing hard.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Im not sure where my distain for the Chiefs come from.. But I fkn hate them.. Maybe its the Kermit the frog QB or his fkn nancy ass brother with those fkn tik toks.. in addition to his gash of a wife who never shuts the fuck up!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/images/789753fe05bf7bb7cb06ec0a23bb8b6c/tenor.gif?ctx=share

I guess Mahomes is the new Rodgers, lol.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nice to see Kaepernick constantly trending on twitter.  The woke cucks sure are pushing hard.

View Quote

these twitter guys who got twitter famous on the back of trump are something else.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:08:03 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm still pretty baffled by the Baker situation.  I know the Browns made comments about his maturity, but there really hasn't been a ton of rumors (that I've seen) that suggest he's a major diva or locker-room problem.  

I have a hard time believing teams really think he's not as good of a starter compared to the others who've already signed/traded for QBs.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm still pretty baffled by the Baker situation.  I know the Browns made comments about his maturity, but there really hasn't been a ton of rumors (that I've see) that suggest he's a major diva or locker-room problem.  

I have a hard time believe teams really think he's not as good of a starter compared to the others who've already signed/traded for QBs.
View Quote
Poor o-line and poor offensive scheming by what I have watched.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

these twitter guys who got twitter famous on the back of trump are something else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like....H list famous? Those names don't ring a bell at all.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm still pretty baffled by the Baker situation.  I know the Browns made comments about his maturity, but there really hasn't been a ton of rumors (that I've seen) that suggest he's a major diva or locker-room problem.  

I have a hard time believing teams really think he's not as good of a starter compared to the others who've already signed/traded for QBs.
View Quote

Take this with a grain of salt, but from listening to " experts " on SiriusXM NFL channel, Pat Kerwin for instance. He was saying there was lots of instances of Baker not throwing to the WR the play was designed to go to.  When the guy was open. He implied it was because Baker tended to get pissed at guys, and refuse to throw to them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Take this with a grain of salt, but from listening to " experts " on SiriusXM NFL channel, Pat Kerwin for instance. He was saying there was lots of instances of Baker not throwing to the WR the play was designed to go to.  When the guy was open. He implied it was because Baker tended to get pissed at guys, and refuse to throw to them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I'd want to see some pretty solid evidence for that before I believed it.

Intentionally not throwing to an open receiver requires a level of pettiness and stupidity that Baker just doesn't have.

I like watching the guy. He's fun. He's edgy. Unfortunately he's not as good as we hoped he'd be upon drafting. But intentionally overlooking open passes? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#24]
My Bills have made 13 additions already.

Only 1 is a major upgrade. Von Miller over an aging Jerry Hughes.
Had to replace Trubisky who left for a chance to start for a lot more money.
A couple are replacing guys who were clearly under-performing their contracts.
Everything else is swapping our useful players for other teams useful players.
We all hope our teams get a moderate advantage out of it.

Seems like modern salary cap free agency just destroys continuity(loyalty) without much gain for anyone.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My Bills have made 13 additions already.

Only 1 is a major upgrade. Von Miller over an aging Jerry Hughes.
Had to replace Trubisky who left for a chance to start for a lot more money.
A couple are replacing guys who were clearly under-performing their contracts.
Everything else is swapping our useful players for other teams useful players.
We all hope our teams get a moderate advantage out of it.

Seems like modern salary cap free agency just destroys continuity(loyalty) without much gain for anyone.
View Quote

We had a couple players return so that should help as well. I am hoping giving Knox an equal on the other end will have some good benefits.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:41:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have no confidence in that.

The first thing is, the Broncos haven't had an actual QB since Manning's wheels fell of. Wilson really does change everything.

The second thing is, the Chiefs still don't seem to be addressing most of the core problems with the roster. The DL in particular is a problem that I think they may have lost the opportunity to fix this year. The DL was ~#30 in the NFL last year in pressure/sacks, and it looks like they're going back with the same dudes. Technically Z Smith and Clowney are still out there, but both are heavily linked to other teams. There's nobody else out there in FA that I think could make a huge change, and the Chiefs aren't getting that dude at the bottom of the draft.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The first thing is, the Broncos haven't had an actual QB since Manning's wheels fell of. Wilson really does change everything.

The second thing is, the Chiefs still don't seem to be addressing most of the core problems with the roster. The DL in particular is a problem that I think they may have lost the opportunity to fix this year. The DL was ~#30 in the NFL last year in pressure/sacks, and it looks like they're going back with the same dudes. Technically Z Smith and Clowney are still out there, but both are heavily linked to other teams. There's nobody else out there in FA that I think could make a huge change, and the Chiefs aren't getting that dude at the bottom of the draft.
View Quote

And the Broncos mid-season locked up Ks with Courtland Sutton and Tim Patrick and they have Jerry Jeudy on his rookie K.  They lost Fant, but the offense is talented enough around Wilson and the defense is strong.  Not 2015 era strong, but seems like the Broncos 2022 will look a lot different compared to prior years post SB.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Clowney is the last quality DE on the market.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Intentionally not throwing to an open receiver requires a level of pettiness and stupidity that Baker just doesn't have.

I like watching the guy. He's fun. He's edgy. Unfortunately he's not as good as we hoped he'd be upon drafting. But intentionally overlooking open passes? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Criticizing a QB for not throwing to an open guy is one thing. They're pretty much open or not, and pretty much anyone can see it.

Claiming you know the intended receiver of any given play is another thing... If you're watching enough film to confidently proclaim that as fact, you should probably be working for a NFL team. Sure, certain play designs are much more obvious than others but there is still the fact that play design uses that exact element to catch people off guard.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys should have been beating down Z Smith's door. Not playing last year due to injury sucked, but the guy is an animal on the field. The age and money thing is an issue I'm sure, but still...

Unless they think there is a "sure thing" in the draft, but damn, that feels awfully risky with all that QB talent. You don't want any of those guys having time to throw, especially with your secondary.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sure it's not this?:

Titans vs. Chiefs AFC Championship Highlights | NFL 2019 Playoffs
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Again, I hadn't watched enough Browns games to have an opinion. That's what seems to be the general consensus on Sirius.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
The original Ravens deal was 4 years, $35M, up to $50M with incentives. So good move by him. Now go sack Rodgers.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh shit, a SJW beat rider says Kaepernick has still got it. Someone better scoop him up!
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You sure it's not this?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8vsregtUhM
View Quote

Well... That may or may not play a small role in my hatred
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:30:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Latest report, from sources, via The Athletic, the Cleveland Browns spoke with Watson about his sexual assault allegations for 30 minutes, they then spoke with his defense team.

That's like a whole 80 seconds per victim.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:46:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Latest report, from sources, via The Athletic, the Cleveland Browns spoke with Watson about his sexual assault allegations for 30 minutes, they then spoke with his defense team.

View Quote

"So, Watson, what's the deal with 22 different women suing you for sexual assault?"

"They're all lying."

"Sounds good to me.  Here's $230M fully guaranteed.  Let's win some football games."
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

The more info that comes out the less sense it makes. This has to be a win-now year for them right?

But there's a potential suspension coming down on Watson and Baker is saying he's not playing another snap. How many games can Brissett win?

Unless there's a HUGE cap increase next year they are in trouble. They are currently projected to have $8mil in cap space with 27 players under contract.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The more info that comes out the less sense it makes. This has to be a win-now year for them right?

But there's a potential suspension coming down on Watson and Baker is saying he's not playing another snap. How many games can Brissett win?

Unless there's a HUGE cap increase next year they are in trouble. They are currently projected to have $8mil in cap space with 27 players under contract.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When the Seahawks gave up two firsts for Jamal Adams (and not long after that made him the highest paid safety in NFL history) everyone that followed the NFL and had even a trace amount of common sense knew immediately it was a huge mistake.  There was zero hindsight required.

The Watson situation is SIGNIFICANTLY worse than that.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Spent 5 years in Seattle, last year in KC.

He had 1 really big year in Seattle, outside of that he has just been okay. Good for a couple sacks a year, maybe a QB hit per game or so. Nice depth/experience to have as long as they didn't pay much.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#42]
PFN confirming the Panthers have no interest in Baker (duh).

I'm guessing, if the earlier report was true, it was the Seattle Seahawks who told the Browns they would only take Baker if the Browns gave them a pick as well. Otherwise I don't Seattle having any interest. Even if they took him, it would be for the 1 season. I still believe they are all in on Malik, and Mayfield would simply be to buy them time to build Malik up before starting him.

At this point, my money would be on no team taking Baker. Browns are gonna pay him.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm guessing, if the earlier report was true, it was the Seattle Seahawks who told the Browns they would only take Baker if the Browns gave them a pick as well. Otherwise I don't Seattle having any interest. Even if they took him, it would be for the 1 season. I still believe they are all in on Malik, and Mayfield would simply be to buy them time to build Malik up before starting him.

At this point, my money would be on no team taking Baker. Browns are gonna pay him.
View Quote

I just don't get it.  He's not Rodgers/Brady tier...but you're telling me that Steelers/Seahawks/Panthers/Falcons/Giants/Texans and a few others have guys on roster better than Mayfield??
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I just don't get it.  He's not Rodgers/Brady tier...but you're telling me that Steelers/Seahawks/Panthers/Falcons/Giants/Texans and a few others have guys on roster better than Mayfield??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one wants to pay $19M guaranteed and give up draft capital to do so. Once he hits the open market they can arrange lower prices.

Edit: Specifically for the teams you listed:
Seattle has a nice draft pick and like Malik and are in position to draft him.
Steelers snagged Trubisky and also have interest in Pickett.
Panthers have Darnold for $19M guaranteed to get out from under, and no one wants him.
Giants have Daniel Jones and brought in Tyrod Taylor to compete.
Falcons are blowing shit up and burning cap. They are down to $15M in cap space, not going to give $19M to Baker.
Texans are actually happy with Mills progress and he is only on year 2 of his rookie deal.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s roughly $19mil for a guy that one good season. Only a one year on his contract. He’s has enough drama already that the price and talent make it tough pill to swallow.

Baker is going to make that money regardless. The Browns are either going to eat it or pay draft capital for someone else to. Unless a starter on a contender goes down in the preseason he doesn’t have a market.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#46]
National guys are starting to notice...

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
No one wants to pay $19M guaranteed and give up draft capital to do so. Once he hits the open market they can arrange lower prices.

Edit: Specifically for the teams you listed:
Seattle has a nice draft pick and like Malik and are in position to draft him.
Steelers snagged Trubisky and also have interest in Pickett.
Panthers have Darnold for $19M guaranteed to get out from under, and no one wants him.
Giants have Daniel Jones and brought in Tyrod Taylor to compete.
Falcons are blowing shit up and burning cap. They are down to $15M in cap space, not going to give $19M to Baker.
Texans are actually happy with Mills progress and he is only on year 2 of his rookie deal.
View Quote

Falcons currently have $75k in cap space. Not even enough to sign the rookie class.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#48]

Increases next years cap hit to $22M ($35M dead).
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Increases next years cap hit to $22M ($35M dead).
View Quote

The fact that the Chiefs are doing this, didn't restructure Mahomes, and waited so long to do anything about the cap has lead to mass confusion and a bit of hysteria.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#50]
From Steelers Wire (USA Today) as well as Sports Illustrated, in what is a giant fucking nothing-burger report... Browns beat reporter Mary Kay Cabot says the Steelers would be interested in signing Baker Mayfield if the Browns released him.

Well no shit Sherlock. If the Browns straight up cut Mayfield, paying him his $19M to walk away, there would be plenty of teams who would be interested in talking to Mayfield about a cheaper contract as a free agent.

Thanks for nothing.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top