Two valid justifications:

View Quote

Two 1sts? Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:03:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Mahomes has 5 games without Hill... 4 of those games included the: 5-11 Broncos, 7-9 Raiders, 3-12-1 Lions and the 7-9 Colts... Not a great statistical base to go off of.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Tyreek is a high mileage player with a building injury history, and there's a VERY low chance his speed lasts through the next contract.

I recognize the value he provided to the team, but this could be a really solid business move.

The rest of the division loaded up on win now deals, about half of which are unlikely to work out. The Chiefs deciding not to cling to aging players like Hill and Mathieu and going younger is rational.
View Quote

I'm busting your chops. I agree with all of that. hell, if you can get two firsts for him that's really good. you can find a young fast guy in the draft.

I always agree to pay for what a player will do and not what a player has done. the chiefs have definitely gotten the best years of Hill.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:08:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

He doesn't want any competition from the NJ team...
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:09:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The Jets are absolutely my preferred destination for him.

View Quote

There’s a zero percent chance that Hill nets two top 10 picks. If he does the Jets GM should be fired immediately and replaced with a moderator from their Reddit page.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#7]

From a few days ago, but by all appearances, he was already being shopped at that point.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:12:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/01/fa/bc/01fabc1fb04e559d8970f72faed7b7dd.gif
View Quote

Tyreek Hill is a one trick pony. He's fast. Really fast. He might be the fastest NFL player I've ever seen, and I go back to Willie Gault in the '80s. Thing is, aside from speed, Hill doesn't excel at anything else. Heck, he's not even above average at anything else (like catching passes, something WRs are asked to do from time to time).

But he's so fast, his speed demands respect and attention from defenses. His presence on the field opens every thing else up for Kansas City's offense. If he's gone, Kelce will suffer. All the other WRs will suffer. Mahomes will suffer.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Two 1sts? Good luck.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two 1sts? Good luck.

Rumor is the Jets have pick #10 and then some on the table. Probably pick #35.

The Dolphins have #29 this year. If they're going to compete with the Jets, they're going to have to cough up #29 and a 2023 1st rounder or #29 and a player like Waddle.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Now there's noises about Edelman un-retiring and coming to Tampa.

Big grain of salt there, just based on Julian catching some practice throws on a Brady Twitter post.

View Quote

I like Edelman. Always have. He's a legendary Patriots receiver and one of the best players ever to wear the NE uniform. Will be wearing a red jacket in a few years, too.

As much as I would like to see him reunite with Brady and Gronk, I don't think it would be a wise decision for him or Tampa. Enjoy your retirement, Julian.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The Dolphins have #29 this year. If they're going to compete with the Jets, they're going to have to cough up #29 and a 2023 1st rounder or #29 and a player like Waddle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two 1sts? Good luck.

I could understand a Super Bowl contender like San Fran, Green Bay, or Tennessee giving up that kind of capital for one last shot at a Superbowl, but the Jets? Their roster is shit from stem to stern.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mahomes has 5 games without Hill... 4 of those games included the: 5-11 Broncos, 7-9 Raiders, 3-12-1 Lions and the 7-9 Colts... Not a great statistical base to go off of.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least a couple of those teams had good defenses and crap offenses. So there's that.

The other thing is, the 2018-2021 Chiefs offense was largely designed around that Mahomes -> Hill connection. When Hill was out of the picture, there wasn't much to fall back on outside of Kelce, and everyone on both sides of the field knew that.

Removing Hill forces a change for both the Chiefs offense as well as any defense that faces them. We'll see what that looks like in September.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

At least a couple of those teams had good defenses and crap offenses. So there's that.

The other thing is, the 2018-2021 Chiefs offense was largely designed around that Mahomes -> Hill connection. When Hill was out of the picture, there wasn't much to fall back on outside of Kelce, and everyone on both sides of the field knew that.

Removing Hill forces a change for both the Chiefs offense as well as any defense that faces them. We'll see what that looks like in September.
View Quote
Teams have Hill figured out now.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#14]
In the video Rap seems to think the Dolphins are the favorite

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In the video Rap seems to think the Dolphins are the favorite
View Quote
From all the reports it looks like both the Jets and Dolphins have submitted their trade offers and their contract extension offers. Now they (and the Chiefs) are simply waiting on Hill's decision on which location (or returning to the Chiefs).
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:31:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:35:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Rosenhaus seems to be the center of this. It's all about the money. Expect it to be stupid.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Holy balls.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:37:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Now show me the money!
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

So KC gets to draft twice in a row the first round.

Being perfectly honest i was skeptical at first but I think they hit a grand slam here.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Wait, how did the Dolphins end up with the 29th overall pick? Not from Philly, not from San Francisco, certainly not their own.

ETA disregard, I'm a moron. It is from San Fran.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:41:14 PM EDT
[#23]

THIRTY MILLION A YEAR!!! 2.5 years guaranteed.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:41:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Dolphins will get one or two decent years out of him at most. They are selling their soul for a guy that honestly can't help them become a contender.

On the Chiefs, Hill could amount to something because of the rest of the offensive pieces. Miami? LOLOLOL.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Now show me the money!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now show me the money!

$120 over four years with $72 guaranteed.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:43:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

We knew it was going to be insane and it's still shocking
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ho. Lee. Fuck.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#28]
1st, 2nd, 4th, 4th, 6th and $30MPY with 60% guaranteed...

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:45:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
1st, 2nd, 4th, 4th, 6th and $30MPY with 60% guaranteed...

https://c.tenor.com/M5s15b55v_wAAAAd/crazy-insane.gif
View Quote

Sorry Ludder.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Wow. The Dolphins really shit the bed on this one.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Tyreek is a high mileage player with a building injury history, and there's a VERY low chance his speed lasts through the next contract.

I recognize the value he provided to the team, but this could be a really solid business move.

The rest of the division loaded up on win now deals, about half of which are unlikely to work out. The Chiefs deciding not to cling to aging players like Hill and Mathieu and going younger is rational.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
MVS is visiting KC today.

JuJu, MVS, a high end rookie WR, and maybe a WR received in the trade could be a pretty solid WR set.

I think you're entering the Alonso Mourning phase...

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d-460.gif

Whatever the Jests do, you just know it is the wrong move.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#32]
I wonder how much good Hill will do in Miami. Time will tell
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Proof positive that you don't actually have to be good at running a team or a business in order to be a GM.

This is worse than the Jamal Adams trade.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Being perfectly honest i was skeptical at first but I think they hit a grand slam here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure about that one.

The return isn't bad, but it's not awesome, either.

On the surface, it looks like they did dodge a huge bullet with the contract, but we'll see what the actual structure is.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I wonder how much good Hill will do in Miami. Time will tell
View Quote

Miami has a SOLID receiving Corp now.

Hill, Waddle, Geseki.

It's just Tua will still die.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Crazy money! Inflation hits football teams too I guess.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Wow. The Dolphins really shit the bed on this one.
View Quote

12 months ago they made one of the great trades ever. 3 firsts for 3 overall.

Today they made one of the more questionable trades I've ever seen. 5 picks for an aging receiver and then gave him 30M a year.

Wow.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#38]
The wide receiver market has gone crazy this off-season.  Especially considering that it is the easiest/safest position to draft.  Smart NFL teams, don't give big contracts to running backs or wide receivers; they use up young talent in the draft and let someone else pay them big money after 4/5 years.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#39]
just remember what was first reported for Adams and what he'll actually get. Adams 'got' five years $140, but his contract is really 3 years $72.

Hill will not see all 4 years nor the $120.

edit: there's no way Hill gets starting QB money.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

On the surface, it looks like they did dodge a huge bullet with the contract, but we'll see what the actual structure is.
View Quote
If reported accurately, $30MPY, 4 years, with 60% guaranteed is a metric fuck ton of money for any wide receiver. Cap maneuvering is one thing, but they definitely over paid.

5 draft picks AND a fuck ton of money.

It's an L for Miami.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Miami has a SOLID receiving Corp now.

Hill, Waddle, Geseki.

It's just Tua will still die.  
View Quote

Cant get it to his recievers if we sack him every snap...
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If reported accurately, $30MPY, 4 years, with 60% guaranteed is a metric fuck ton of money for any wide receiver. Cap maneuvering is one thing, but they definitely over paid.

It's an L for Miami.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's an L for Miami.

so the 60% is essentially the average Adams will get from LV. $20 a year for a receiver is a lot, but it's far better than $30.

edit: spotrac doesn't have the details yet.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Hill will not see all 4 years nor the $120
View Quote
$72.2M guaranteed effectively ensures at least 3 seasons.

We'll have to wait for the structure to see what that means for the final bill. But either way it ensures he has three years at THE MINIMUM of $24MPY (72/3).

Remember that Davante Adams is set up for 67/3 with a 4th year out. Which is only $22.5MPY... So Hill is getting, at the bare MINIMUM, $1.5M more than Adams, per year, for the next 3 years.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Schefter adding on, it is $52.535M guaranteed at signing (2 years) and converts to the total $72.2M at the beginning of the 2023 league year (next March).
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Shamelessly stolen from Twitter.

Tyreek Hill and Mike Gesicki right now:

Mufasa X Hypeman link up with Fox46nick

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

We'll have to wait for the structure to see what that means for the final bill. But either way it ensures he has three years at THE MINIMUM of $24MPY (72/3).

Remember that Davante Adams is set up for 67/3 with a 4th year out. Which is only $22.5MPY... So Hill is getting, at the bare MINIMUM, $1.5M more than Adams, per year, for the next 3 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hill will not see all 4 years nor the $120

yup, it's still a lot. everyone has to get the 'most' on that next contract.

it's funny we always look at what's guaranteed, but we never go back and see what incentives they players hit to see how much more they got. sometimes it's noted near the end of the season, but also I know a lot of that language is set up so the player will really only see the guaranteed cash.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#47]
What the fuck
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Schefter adding on, it is $52.535M guaranteed at signing (2 years) and converts to the total $72.2M at the beginning of the 2023 league year (next March).
View Quote

wow, way to take advantage of Tua's rookie deal.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top