BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 647
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cant get it to his recievers if we sack him every snap...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Miami has a SOLID receiving Corp now.

Hill, Waddle, Geseki.

It's just Tua will still die.  

They also picked up the #1 LT on the market, Terron Armstead.  I wonder if all these contracts are back loaded for the cap increase in 2024.  Still a lot of draft capital for a guy with a soft tissue injury every year and previous off-field issues.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

THIRTY MILLION A YEAR!!! 2.5 years guaranteed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Sorry Ludder.
View Quote
ya... it's gonna take a little while for me to process this.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Edit: Reminder, GB received a 1st and a 2nd.
Miami received a 1st, 2nd, 2x 4th and a 6th.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I think we can all agree the Watson trade was insanely idiotic.  But, in at least some very, very, very small way it can be justified because, barring a small miracle or a truly elite defense, you need a top 10 QB to win a Super Bowl.

HOWEVER, giving up a bunch of picks AND paying an injury prone 28 year old WR $30M a season when you have arguably THE worst O-line in the NFL?  I can not in any way, shape, or form justify that level of retardation.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:15:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry Ludder.

I'm not sure how much you like Tua, but at least they're doing everything they can to help him succeed.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:16:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Miami's offensive line is already upgraded.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:17:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm not sure how much you like Tua, but at least they're doing everything they can to help him succeed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:21:57 PM EDT
[#9]

That's a good pile of resources to start with.

I'm wondering if Veach take a shot at trading for one of Seattle's WRs...
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think we can all agree the Watson trade was insanely idiotic.  But, in at least some very, very, very small way it can be justified because, barring a small miracle or a truly elite defense, you need a top 10 QB to win a Super Bowl.

HOWEVER, giving up a bunch of picks AND paying an injury prone 28 year old WR $30M a season when you have arguably THE worst O-line in the NFL?  I can not in any way, shape, or form justify that level of retardation.
View Quote

bad franchises gonna bad franchise??

while I'm happy Snyder didn't pull the trigger on this, the only justification I can see is the following (if it works out):

hill's average will be closer to $22 than $30. still very very very high for an aging receiver, but it's not QB money.

the phins are utilizing Tua's rookie deal to overpay so Hill's cap hit isn't as bad as if they had a QB on a max deal.

dolphins are giving Tua all the weapons needed for a QB to succeed, so they're really trying to see if he can be the franchise QB.

also, the phins kind of gotta overpay for players.

again, not defending the trade, I'm just saying I can see some reasons. whether they are good or bad reasons is another conversation.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Miami's offensive line is already upgraded.
View Quote

But how much is the question.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#12]
After serving as the Washington Commanders' flagship radio station for 14 years, 980 WTEM has cut ties with the Washington Commanders.

Morning host Kevin Sheehan told listeners, "The organization and the company disagreed on the value of the broadcasts and it is also very important for us as a sports talk station, even as a long-time flagship station for the team, it was important for us to continue to be able to provide honest, objective information and analysis about the Commanders on our talk shows."

Games will now be broadcast on a different, yet to be announced, station.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:22:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Just take all the picks Miami just gave and transfer them over for DK and then pay him $25MPY instead.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
After serving as the Washington Commanders' flagship radio station for 14 years, 980 WTEM has cut ties with the Washington Commanders.

Morning host Kevin Sheehan told listeners, "The organization and the company disagreed on the value of the broadcasts and it is also very important for us as a sports talk station, even as a long-time flagship station for the team, it was important for us to continue to be able to provide honest, objective information and analysis about the Commanders on our talk shows."

Games will now be broadcast on a different, yet to be announced, station.
View Quote

I wish this would force Snyder to look in the mirror and realize what a POS he is. this team is bottom of the barrel in attendance and is losing sponsorships at an alarming rate.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
well. McDaniel wants to run the ball and feature short fast catches with run after the catch. With Hill and Waddle both on the field... That's a LOT of speed.

Going to be an interesting season. Tua has no excuses after this season. They have multiple 1st round picks next year to move up and draft a new QB if Tua doesn't work out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I wish this would force Snyder to look in the mirror and realize what a POS he is. this team is bottom of the barrel in attendance and is losing sponsorships at an alarming rate.
View Quote

I don't think it matters to Snyder one bit.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Yikes.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

hill's average will be closer to $22 than $30. still very very very high for an aging receiver, but it's not QB money.
View Quote
The $22.5MPY over 3 worked out above (Edit: looks like it is confirmed $75M or $25MPY) is the highest net pay per any receiver in the NFL. As far as ACTUAL annual pay goes, the current list is:
Hill 1st
Adams 2nd
DJ Moore 3rd
Keenan Allen / Amari Cooper / Mike Williams / Chris Godwin T4th
Christian Kirk 8th ($19.5 MPY first two years, then an out)
Michael Thomas 9th
Hopkins 10th ($18.8MPY actual)

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just take all the picks Miami just gave and transfer them over for DK and then pay him $25MPY instead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lockett as a bridge WR could be a sneaky good move.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#22]
AFC is going to be stacked his season.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

while I'm happy Snyder didn't pull the trigger on this, the only justification I can see is the following (if it works out):

the phins are utilizing Tua's rookie deal to overpay so Hill's cap hit isn't as bad as if they had a QB on a max deal.

dolphins are giving Tua all the weapons needed for a QB to succeed, so they're really trying to see if he can be the franchise QB.

again, not defending the trade, I'm just saying I can see some reasons. whether they are good or bad reasons is another conversation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Dolphins had statistically THE worst O-line in the NFL last season.  Even with the improvements they've made they are still probably bottom 5. You MIGHT have a shot at getting away with that if you an elite QB.  The Dolphins don't have an elite QB.  They don't even have an average QB.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
They would still have to pay heavy for Lockett (who is reportedly on the market) in order to get Seattle to eat the $31M dead cap withstanding. They gave Lockett a nice signing bonus and restructured him, so that's the dead cap hit.

I imagine it would be a 2nd + others. Could still pocket the 1st from Miami that way though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The $22.5MPY over 3 worked out above (Edit: looks like it is confirmed $75M or $25MPY) is the highest net pay per any receiver in the NFL. As far as ACTUAL annual pay goes, the current list is:
Hill 1st
Adams 2nd
DJ Moore 3rd
Michael Thomas 9th

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hill 1st
Adams 2nd
DJ Moore 3rd
Michael Thomas 9th

Jesus. $25 is A LOT, no two ways about it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The Dolphins had statistically THE worst O-line in the NFL last season.  Even with the improvements they've made they are still probably bottom 5. You MIGHT have a shot at getting away with that if you an elite QB.  The Dolphins don't have an elite QB.  They don't even have an average QB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd argue they can draft o linemen, but not until the third round.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The Dolphins had statistically THE worst O-line in the NFL last season.  Even with the improvements they've made they are still probably bottom 5.
View Quote

No, that's probably inaccurate.  A lot of the problems the Dolphins' O line had last year were due to the O line coaching techniques, which sucked.  And the guys they've already signed at least move them to the middle of the pack.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They would still have to pay heavy for Lockett (who is reportedly on the market) in order to get Seattle to eat the $31M dead cap withstanding. They gave Lockett a nice signing bonus and restructured him, so that's the dead cap hit.

I imagine it would be a 2nd + others. Could still pocket the 1st from Miami that way though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seattle is rebuilding, and they know Lockett won't be viable on the other side.

Lockett knows he's facing a year of Drew Lock or whoever, and he could make a deal to go home (he grew up in Tulsa and played for K-State) and play with Mahomes.

I'm not betting on any such thing, but weirder things have happened.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They replaced 40% of the OL already, and we're not even to the draft.

It's hard to judge Tua based on the situation he has been in so far.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Jets attempted and failed on both Chandler Jones and Tyreek Hill... Safe to assume they will be going pass rush and receiver in the draft.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:48:54 PM EDT
[#33]
The bottom line:

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#34]

40 times!
Tyreek: 4.29
Mostert: 4.34
Waddle: 4.37
Tua: 4.41
Gesicki: 4.54
Edmonds: 4.55

That's a quick offensive skill position set.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#36]
February 2020: Hill says it's the beginning of a dynasty in Kansas City.
July 2020: Hill says the Chiefs are going to win 7 rings and chase down Michael Jordan.
March 2022: Hill to Miami.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:09:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The bottom line:

View Quote

What's kind of crazy, no leaks of news or even rumors anything like this was even possible over the last few days, and then this morning we went from he might be traded to is traded happens in less than a couple hours
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What's kind of crazy, no leaks of news or even rumors anything like this was even possible over the last few days, and then this morning we went from he might be traded to is traded happens in less than a couple hours
View Quote

That's because every GM in the league would knock over old ladies, kick children out of the way, and shoot your dog on the way to confirm a trade with that kind of compensation for a near 30 year old WR who will have to be made the most expensive WR in the league.

Just imagine how dumb the Cowboys feel for dealing Cooper for next to nothing.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#39]
I mean... He isn't exactly saying anything that we don't already know/think... But gonna post it anyways.

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Super Bowl odds changes today:

Chiefs went from 8/1 to 9/1

Dolphins went from 40/1 to 35/1
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#41]
From ESPN. Deshaun Watson was so close to being a Falcon that he had already held face time chats with Landry and Fournette saying they should join him in Atlanta.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#42]
KC current receiving corps:
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Mecole Hardman
Josh Gordon
Justin Watson
Cornell Powell
Dieter Gehrig
Corey Coleman
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Attachment Attached File

Edit: I just liked the Wu-Tang reference so had to post it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not mad at that. And by that I'm talking about the lovely female dancing.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
KC current receiving corps:
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Mecole Hardman
Josh Gordon
Justin Watson
Cornell Powell
Dieter Gehrig
Corey Coleman
View Quote

I just saw that they signed Coleman yesterday.  That's a name I haven't heard in a while.  Remember when he was the best WR in his class and was the #15 overall pick?  
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Especially given the draft is chock full of talent at WR, makes no sense to me
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL. That’s a terrible trade.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:54:40 PM EDT
[#48]
The AFC is going to be a blood bath.
The NFC is a summer camp by comparison.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:57:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The AFC is going to be a blood bath.
The NFC is a summer camp by comparison.
View Quote

A very nice change of pace.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:57:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top