Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think the Seahawks should trade DK Metcalf. They are in full rebuild mode for the foreseeable future and, based on the insanity that's happened with WR contracts lately, it's going to take over $30M a season to keep him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Historically Seattle has done their 3rd year extensions right before training camps (entering the 4th year)... So you're hearing it 1st from me right here. If the Hawks camp starts, and DK has not already signed an extension, then negotiations are not going well and the Hawks are in trouble and it will result in either a franchise tag or a trade (or both).

I think the Seahawks should trade DK Metcalf. They are in full rebuild mode for the foreseeable future and, based on the insanity that's happened with WR contracts lately, it's going to take over $30M a season to keep him.

Anyone else waiting for Terry to be tagged twice then leave ? ??
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]

With what cap space?

Unless they're going to throw a lot of signing bonus money at a 32 year old linebacker who has taken more hits and made more tackles then anyone in NFL history except for Ray Lewis.

Edit: Him staying in the division and going to a Hawks rival would be worth it for the tears/salt though.

Double Edit: Donald in front, Wagner in the middle, Ramsey on the back end... That would be a fun defense to watch. As much as I dislike Donald and Ramsey.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Keenan Allen commenting on Tyreek Hill trade, "This one gonna expose some people!! Glad he out the division too #Respect"
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Tweets that didn't age well. From PFF at 6:05am this morning: "Pick the better WR-TE duo: Travis Kelce + Tyreek Hill or Darren Waller + Davante Adams"
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:09:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is it a picture of Tua?
View Quote
Oof
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Speaking to Pete Carroll, "How great will the effort be to lock DK up to a long-term deal prior to the season?"

Pete: "It's really important to us. We love him, you know. He's such a great, competitive kid, and he's got so much upside. Maybe will go down as one of the great draft picks we ever had here. I thought we were SO fortunate to get him where we got him, the bottom of (round) two. How could that ever have happened? ... So we are going to do everything we can to get it done."

The negotiations now BEGIN at $25MPY Pete. Make sure Schneider has his wallet open.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Terrible move by Miami. Master class move by Kansas City.

This is approaching a Hershel Walker level haul for the Chiefs. This one move, avoiding paying out the wazzou for an aging mediocre WR and instead replacing him with numerous good picks that will be inexpensive to sign, could set up that franchise for the next five or six years at a minimum...long after Hill's only redeeming skillset has disappeared.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:23:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Terrible move by Miami. Master class move by Kansas City.

This is approaching a Hershel Walker level haul for the Chiefs. This one move, avoiding paying out the wazzou for an aging mediocre WR and instead replacing him with numerous good picks that will be inexpensive to sign, could set up that franchise for the next five or six years at a minimum...long after Hill's only redeeming skillset has disappeared.
View Quote
Plus, the way teams were defending KC with the 2-deep zone is vulnerable to big receivers who are good at the short and intermediate game.  The right receiver or two from the draft might make KC more formidable even if they aren't individually as good as the Cheetah.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I simply do not get the love for Malcolm Butler.. Seriously WTF everybody thought after the pick in the SB he would be great here in TN.. That man looked like burnt toast the whole stint he played for the Titans ...
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Getting JuJu for only $2.5M guaranteed with $7.5M dependent on performance (incentives) also helped make this easier. I don't have a lot of love for JuJu, but that is a CHEAP signing for his skill set and lessens the impact of Hill's departure to a degree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$25M+ APY for an aging WR? NOPE.

In QB world, that's close to:

Matt Ryan: $30M
Tannehill: $29.5M
Garoppolo: $27.5M
Carr: $25.5M
Brady: $25M
Crab Legs: $14M

These are the best edge rushers in the NFL:

TJ Watt: $28M
Joey Bosa: $27M
Myles Garrett: $25M
Khalil Mack: $23.5M
Maxx Crosby: $23.5M

Tyreek Hill is being paid like a franchise QB or an elite DE with a contract he's signing at 28. I'd lose my mind if the Chiefs were on the hook for that.
Getting JuJu for only $2.5M guaranteed with $7.5M dependent on performance (incentives) also helped make this easier. I don't have a lot of love for JuJu, but that is a CHEAP signing for his skill set and lessens the impact of Hill's departure to a degree.

JuJu's presence also holds the door open for some interesting potential.

In 2020-2021, the Chiefs WR room was:
Hill
Go Go Gadget Hardman
4 random dudes in red jerseys.

In 2022, the Chiefs WR room might be:
JuJu
1st round rookie
MVS? Some other vet?
Go Go Gadget Hardman
2 depth randos

I'm not going to sit here and assume that the 2022 group will automatically be better because there's a good chance it won't, but the potential is there, and I'm okay with what I see at this stage of the offseason.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I simply do not get the love for Malcolm Butler.. Seriously WTF everybody thought after the pick in the SB he would be great here in TN.. That man looked like burnt toast the whole stint he played for the Titans ...
View Quote
Ironically he had his best season (most snaps played, most interceptions, most passes defended, most tackles) right before being cut to save cap room.

Edit: That season is probably why he managed to get a $6M 1 year deal with the Cardinals before he left for his issues. Without it, he may have been done completely.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Tell it to the Rams.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've always believed championship teams are built through the draft and not free agency

Tell it to the Rams.

You're worse than the fake news outlets...lol...how convenient to take only part of a sentence out of context and leave out the part "exceptions".   There are far more examples of teams being built through free agency and never living up to the hype than the other way around like the Rams did last year.  If I had my choice I would rather build through the draft not that it can't be done other ways.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Rams reportedly interested in Wagner in the $4-5M range, with incentives available on top. If Wagner signs for that amount... He would be doing so to spite Seattle. His market is easily double that. With California taxes and cost of living, he's basically be playing for pennies.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Your mountain out of a molehill story of the day.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:49:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Larry Brown 2.0.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

He did OKish for a couple of years with the Pats after the Super Bowl, but he is definitely no superstar.  

I think the Patsies are just bringing him in to help out since they knew him.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Your mountain out of a molehill story of the day.
View Quote
ugh we just stopped bitching about that on twitter and you bring it up again?
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Winners of the hill trade - all the teams not involved.

KC will never be as awesome as they were with him.

Fish will never be that awesome, period.
And they gave way too much draft and cap capital.

I just don't get Tua at all.
I haven't seen even a glimpse of the upside they seem to be very patiently waiting for.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:56:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
ugh we just stopped bitching about that on twitter and you bring it up again?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Colin Kaepernick worked out for the Seahawks today. Video was taken by local King 5 Sports: Twitter
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Except for the AFC East teams that have to deal with that mess twice this year.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Colin Kaepernick worked out for the Seahawks today. Video was taken by local King 5 Sports: Twitter
View Quote

Kaepernick could get offered a 1 year/$5M deal with $3M guaranteed and he wouldn't take it.  Right now the SJWs are hyping him as one of the greatest QBs of the past 20 years.  They think he could step in as QB1 of any NFL team and instantly he'd be a top 10 QB.  Kaepernick knows if he actually did play it would expose him as a QB not even fit to be on the practice squad.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Except for the AFC East teams that have to deal with that mess twice this year.
View Quote

Yeah, it's gonna be...interesting
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be fun.

With this Hill trade though... There's no way they will take reasonable compensation and DK is going to get paid soon also. Both teams would be better off drafting at WR, the only benefit of trading is "win now" and that's still on the table if you can draft a Justin Jefferson or Ja'Marr Chase.

edit: Obviously both teams can just flip the picks they got for Adams/Hill to Seattle, probably for DK since Lockett is old, but DK is still younger so I could see them trying to get more.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It would take some wind out of his sails if he came back and then sucked.
View Quote

His last season was 2016 and he was benched during it. That team went 2-14 with him and Blaine Gabbert throwing passes. Hell, the only team they beat that year was the Rams. He has a losing record as a starter and career completion percentage below 60%. He's going to suck if he comes back there's no question about it..
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Larry Brown 2.0.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larry Brown 2.0.

Butler was better than Larry Brown. For a few years, Butler was a pretty decent CB. Not great, but decent. That's more than you can say for Brown.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
A good pass rush. I still don't think their o-line is up to snuff and Tua doesn't have a fast enough release to overcome that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

KC will never be as awesome as they were with him.

Fish will never be that awesome, period.
And they gave way too much draft and cap capital.

I just don't get Tua at all.
I haven't seen even a glimpse of the upside they seem to be very patiently waiting for.
View Quote

Nah. KC won this bigtime. They avoided paying a ton of money to a fast guy with no hands and instead get a truckload of good draft picks. This move could set up that team for a long ass time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 7:50:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Butler was better than Larry Brown. For a few years, Butler was a pretty decent CB. Not great, but decent. That's more than you can say for Brown.
View Quote
Agreed.  Larry Brown was a one hit wonder.   He played out of his mind that season and especially in the super bowl.   Didn't so shit after that.

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#35]
You guys...Colin Kaepernick is working out...and he's ready!!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You guys...Colin Kaepernick is working out...and he's ready!!!
View Quote

He looked out of shape to me.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#37]
That's a couple hundred more words than Wilson gave Seattle.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:44:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
 I like the kid but the excuses are over. Ball out or be replaced.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Not that I'm biased, but I can live with that. But I am biased. I will hold out with just a little bit more optimism than the previous two seasons.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:24:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larry Brown 2.0.

Butler was better.  I just meant a CB who built a career (or at least a big money contract) off of one Super Bowl.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#44]

I was watching cowherd today and everyone's favorite 'analyst' nick wright still had the chiefs as the number one team in the afc, slightly edging them over the bills.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I was watching cowherd today and everyone's favorite 'analyst' nick wright still had the chiefs as the number one team in the afc, slightly edging them over the bills.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:44:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Of ALL the sports media people on national TV he is easily the most perplexing as to how they got to where they are.  He never played sports, never coached sports, only experience is a few years of local radio, ugly mug, annoying voice, has less charisma than a lobster, and can offer zero insight.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:57:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Of ALL the sports media people on national TV he is easily the most perplexing as to how they got to where they are.  He never played sports, never coached sports, only experience is a few years of local radio, ugly mug, annoying voice, has less charisma than a lobster, and can offer zero insight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and his analysis is such trash bc he's such a god awful homer.

they took the clip off line or made it hard to find, but back when he had his show with Chris Carter, Carter and the female 'moderator' were ribbing him about being such a lebron Stan. wright got so upset he cried and walked off set.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good lord.  I so hope this happens. Burn this shit down once and for all

Season ticket holder. Already know next season is toast
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:00:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Kaepernick could get offered a 1 year/$5M deal with $3M guaranteed and he wouldn't take it.  Right now the SJWs are hyping him as one of the greatest QBs of the past 20 years.  They think he could step in as QB1 of any NFL team and instantly he'd be a top 10 QB.  Kaepernick knows if he actually did play it would expose him as a QB not even fit to be on the practice squad.
View Quote
Ssshhhhhhhh. Don't ruin this.  

The Hawks should offer 10m a year.  Let's rip this Bandaid off
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Ssshhhhhhhh. Don't ruin this.  

The Hawks should offer 10m a year.  Let's rip this Bandaid off
View Quote
they should offer him vet minimum and start him until he's injured. They'll have the #1 pick next year with a much better qb class.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top