Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
JuJu Smith Schuster paid off over 50 family's Christmas layaways. Said he remembered times growing up when he didn't get a gift or had to share one. So now he wants to give to struggling families.

"It's just nice that I have an opportunity to be a role model to these kids and to give back to the community."
View Quote

He needs to tie that in with the image of him leveling Burfict
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#2]
NFC North QBR heading into week 15:

#6. Goff 61.2

#11. Fields 58.3

#17. Cousins 53.5

#26. Rodgers 41.4

Most. Bizarre. Season. Ever.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He needs to tie that in with the image of him leveling Burfict
View Quote
That was glorious!
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'd happily take him over the Novak and Hochuli crews.  Those two are, IMO, the worst in all the NFL.  Hell, those two are so damn bad that if the Cowboys were playing a must-win game and they drew 1 of those 2 crews I would happily trade having one starter (minus Dak or Parsons) sit the game out in exchange for a different crew.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This guy is the f'ing worst.

If I had to pick a game to see his dumb ass again, this would be the one, but I'm certainly not excited about it.

I'd happily take him over the Novak and Hochuli crews.  Those two are, IMO, the worst in all the NFL.  Hell, those two are so damn bad that if the Cowboys were playing a must-win game and they drew 1 of those 2 crews I would happily trade having one starter (minus Dak or Parsons) sit the game out in exchange for a different crew.

You could say that it's just because Cheffers seems to officiate in a way that benefits the underdog, and the Chiefs are usually favored. (There is evidence to support this.)

Or you could say that Cheffers has held a grudge against the Chiefs ever since Kelce said he was unqualified to work at Foot Locker. (There is evidence to support this, too.)

Either way, when the Chiefs face Cheffers crew, the field is covered in yellow laundry, and the officiating is far from balanced.

NFL officiating is a goat rodeo in general, but if there's one guy that can F all the way off away from any game the Chiefs are playing, it's that guy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 2:13:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Going to make the playoffs. ??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey you fuckers leave my Lions alone

Going to make the playoffs. ??

The most likely game to be selected for week 18 SNF is Ravens @ Bengals as there is a good chance that game will decide who wins the AFC North with the loser making the WC.

HOWEVER, there is a possibility it could be Lions @ Packers with that match up serving as a de facto playoff game with the winner getting a WC slot and the loser's season being over.

The Lions have:
@Jets
@Panthers
Bears

The Packers have:
Rams
@Dolphins
Vikings

The Lions won't be an underdog for any of those games while the Packers will be, at most, 4 point underdogs vs the Dolphins and Vikings.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 2:13:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#7]
We are in mid December and the 5 win Panthers are still very much alive to win the NFC South and its not even that much of a long shot.

All the Bucs have to do is lose at least one game against the Bengals, @ Cardinals, and @ Falcons.  Then the Panthers have to go at least 2-1 against the Steelers, Lions, @ Saints.  IF that happens then the Panthers/Bucs week 17 match up will decide who wins the shittiest division in the NFL.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
IF that happens then the Panthers/Bucs week 17 match up will decide who wins the shittiest division in the NFL.
View Quote
To be fair... The AFC South is the shittiest division in the NFL (17-33-2)
The NFC South has a better record (20-32), it just doesn't have a winning team.
The AFC South has 1 winning team, but that team is still 7-6.

Link Posted: 12/14/2022 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We are in mid December and the 5 win Panthers are still very much alive to win the NFC South and its not even that much of a long shot.

All the Bucs have to do is lose at least one game against the Bengals, @ Cardinals, and @ Falcons.  Then the Panthers have to go at least 2-1 against the Steelers, Lions, @ Saints.  IF that happens then the Panthers/Bucs week 17 match up will decide who wins the shittiest division in the NFL.
View Quote

The entire division is roughly in the same tier.

The Panthers and Bucs have similar defensive efficiency, but the Bucs are clearly better on offense.

The Saints and Bucs have similar offensive efficiency, but the Bucs are clearly better on defense.

The Falcons somehow have the best offense in the division, but their defense is by far the worst.

The Bucs are the most complete team in the division.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You could say that it's just because Cheffers seems to officiate in a way that benefits the underdog, and the Chiefs are usually favored. (There is evidence to support this.)

Or you could say that Cheffers has held a grudge against the Chiefs ever since Kelce said he was unqualified to work at Foot Locker. (There is evidence to support this, too.)

Either way, when the Chiefs face Cheffers crew, the field is covered in yellow laundry, and the officiating is far from balanced.

NFL officiating is a goat rodeo in general, but if there's one guy that can F all the way off away from any game the Chiefs are playing, it's that guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I had to pick a game to see his dumb ass again, this would be the one, but I'm certainly not excited about it.

Anything as blatant as them calling THREE BS personal fouls on the Cowboys during ONE critical drive late in the 4th quarter of a tie game?
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 2:36:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Anything as blatant as them calling THREE BS personal fouls on the Cowboys during ONE critical drive late in the 4th quarter of a tie game?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean like calling RTP on Chris Jones when Chris Jones was the ball carrier?
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Falcons are still alive on paper but at this point I think all they will do is make it closer for the Bucs than it should be at the end. They could lose out (likely) or win out (unlikely) and stink things up. I think Tampa Bay comes out on top but it will be a dumpster fire either way.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Choose one of the following:

#1. Your defense will have one BS RTP penalty called against them that takes away a turnover in the 2nd quarter down by 10 points.

#2. Your defense will have THREE BS personal fouls called against them on one late 4th quarter drive in a tie game that will likely decide who wins.

I'll happily trade you #2 for #1.

Interestingly though, the Chiefs and the Cowboys both still managed to win those games.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

With that massive ego I would be shocked if Snyder sold the team unless he was being threatened with some "if this incontrovertible proof comes to light you doing hard time in prison will be unavoidable even for you" level of damning evidence.

And I said it before and I'll say it again: there are not 24 NFL owners willing to open Pandora's box and vote out one of their own for the first time in NFL history based on what is out there right now.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

With that massive ego I would be shocked if Snyder sold the team unless he was being threatened with some "if this incontrovertible proof comes to light you doing hard time in prison will be unavoidable even for you" level of damning evidence.

And I said it before and I'll say it again: there are not 24 NFL owners willing to open Pandora's box and vote out one of their own for the first time in NFL history based on what is out there right now.
View Quote
Going off memory, the last article I had read about this had pushed the notion that Snyder is having trouble financially and it mostly has to do with the debt waiver repayment he needs to make to the NFL for when he forced the full buyout from the partial owners a couple years ago. Of course, stadium issues and other things are also included in that.

The idea was he wants to find a person to buy in as a minority stake owner who would invest in the team however due to how he forced the previous owners out, and all the bullshit with him and the team going on now, he is unable to find such an investor/minority owner. Thus leading to the idea that it is time to sell off the whole team and ride into the sunset.

I actually wonder if he will end up selling a majority but still hold onto a minority ownership himself.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 3:40:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Going off memory, the last article I had read about this had pushed the notion that Snyder is having trouble financially and it mostly has to do with the debt waiver repayment he needs to make to the NFL for when he forced the full buyout from the partial owners a couple years ago. Of course, stadium issues and other things are also included in that.

The idea was he wants to find a person to buy in as a minority stake owner who would invest in the team however due to how he forced the previous owners out, and all the bullshit with him and the team going on now, he is unable to find such an investor/minority owner. Thus leading to the idea that it is time to sell off the whole team and ride into the sunset.

I actually wonder if he will end up selling a majority but still hold onto a minority ownership himself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is certainly possible, but either way this narrative that the media has been hyping for months that Snyder is going to be voted out is absurd.  The vast majority of NFL owners are men who have been powerful multi-billionaires for decades.  Between all of them they probably have more skeletons in their closets than the average cemetery and you're not going to find 24 of them willing to set a precedent for NFL owners to be voted out knowing it would create a sliding scale that could one day get them too.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#18]

lol
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Yeah, Pro Bowl voting is a joke.  Big name players having average, at best, years get tons of votes while lesser known players having fantastic years get overlooked.  Especially those that play positions where basic stats aren't readily available.

All Pro voting isn't perfect, but it's still much better than Pro Bowl voting.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#21]

"The south scoreboard in the stadium will become the fourth largest of any NFL stadium. It will be 72 feet high and 225 feet wide."
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Via the Washington Post, the Bank of America will soon distribute "what amounts to a prospectus for the [Commanders] to qualified potential buyers who agree to the confidentiality provisions." The Post cites four unnamed sources stating that a FULL sale of the team is expected. Jay Glazer of FOX Sports says the transaction should ideally be completed by March 2023 and the magic number is $7 billion.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

"The south scoreboard in the stadium will become the fourth largest of any NFL stadium. It will be 72 feet high and 225 feet wide."
View Quote

Cue the stadium on fire images....
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Via the Washington Post, the Bank of America will soon distribute "what amounts to a prospectus for the [Commanders] to qualified potential buyers who agree to the confidentiality provisions." The Post cites four unnamed sources stating that a FULL sale of the team is expected. Jay Glazer of FOX Sports says the transaction should ideally be completed by March 2023 and the magic number is $7 billion.
View Quote

IF that's actually true and IF that actually happens the Dallas Cowboys will probably have an estimated value of over $10B.

For reference: Jerry bought the team for $150M in 1989.  Adjusting for inflation that's $360M.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like the Dolphins might've joined the Vikings and Giants as the supposed contenders Vegas has little to no faith in.

In their home game against the Packers the Dolphins are currently favored by 3.5.

The Dolphins still have a ways to go to get to the same "no-faith" level as the Vikings and Giants though.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#26]
The NFL has approved the new Buffalo Bills stadium lease deal. Unanimous vote 32-0, as expected. Includes approving the year-to-year lease at Highmark Stadium and the 30 year agreement for a new stadium to open as early as 2026.

Construction on the new stadium, which will cost at least $1.4 billion and will be located across the street from Highmark, is expected to begin this year. The stadium is being funded by a $600 million contribution from New York state, $250 million from Erie County, and at least $550 million from the Bills and the NFL.

The new stadium will remain an open outdoor facility, but its design is intended to absorb and disperse winds from the Great Lakes. The partial canopy is also designed to divert wind and eliminate the swirling air effect. This should make the stadium warmer overall during winter games. The canopy is expected to cover aprox 65% of the seats in the stadium.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The NFL has approved the new Buffalo Bills stadium lease deal. Unanimous vote 32-0, as expected. Includes approving the year-to-year lease at Highmark Stadium and the 30 year agreement for a new stadium to open as early as 2026.

Construction on the new stadium, which will cost at least $1.4 billion and will be located across the street from Highmark, is expected to begin this year. The stadium is being funded by a $600 million contribution from New York state, $250 million from Erie County, and at least $550 million from the Bills and the NFL.

The new stadium will remain an open outdoor facility, but its design is intended to absorb and disperse winds from the Great Lakes. The partial canopy is also designed to divert wind and eliminate the swirling air effect. This should make the stadium warmer overall during winter games. The canopy is expected to cover aprox 65% of the seats in the stadium.
View Quote

"We just had to figuratively prostrate ourselves in front of the NFL community and beg permission to use another team's stadium for a home game because our antiqued stadium couldn't be used due to snow so of course let's NOT make any changes to our new $1.4B stadium that will have the exact same deficiency."
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Looks like the Dolphins might've joined the Vikings and Giants as the supposed contenders Vegas has little to no faith in.

In their home game against the Packers the Dolphins are currently favored by 3.5.

The Dolphins still have a ways to go to get to the same "no-faith" level as the Vikings and Giants though.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/14/2022 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

"We just had to figuratively prostrate ourselves in front of the NFL community and beg permission to use another team's stadium for a home game because our antiqued stadium couldn't be used due to snow so of course let's NOT make any changes to our new $1.4B stadium that will have the exact same deficiency."
View Quote

Even I think that's a dumb change not to make.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#30]

Good. Germany is a much better market for the NFL to expand into.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
You have to understand that the Bills have been living with an abusive father for most of the past 20 years, aka the New England Patriots.  They've experienced and watched team after team go into Gillette Stadium in winter only to be crushed by Daddy.  Like most abused children, they will now imitate their abuser even though it makes no sense to do so.  

Link Posted: 12/14/2022 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 12/14/2022 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not at least make it a retractable roof that they could use only in the event of extreme snow?

Sure it'd cost more, but when you're talking about an estimated $1.4B project an extra $25M-$50M is a relatively small amount.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fj-Upi4XoAcmoQY?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Not long ago I was talking to a friend that's a big Cowboys fan and really hates Jerry Jones.  He was ranting about Jerry and I simply said "well, at least he's not as bad as Jim Irsay."

His reaction:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Interesting timing.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Why not at least make it a retractable roof that they could use only in the event of extreme snow?

Sure it'd cost more, but when you're talking about an estimated $1.4B project an extra $25M-$50M is a relatively small amount.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Extreme snow presents more problems than just playing the game. The visiting team has to travel via plane and bus, fans have to travel, parking lots get snowed in, roads closed etc. Some of the Bills players had a hard time even getting OUT after their snow storm this season. A dome isn't going to alleviate the logistical issues of bringing in another team and tens of thousands of fans in during a 10' snow storm.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Good. Germany is a much better market for the NFL to expand into.
View Quote

As everyone knows I really don't like the international games, but if were're going to have them I'd rather they ALL be in Mexico or that direction on south so the games are at least on at a normal time.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not long ago I was talking to a friend that's a big Cowboys fan and really hates Jerry Jones.  He was ranting about Jerry and I simply said "well, at least he's not as bad as Jim Irsay."

His reaction:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d-460.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/14/2022 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They couldn’t have played there if they had a dome. There would have been no fans. Nobody could get to the game.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#42]

Money going to Eagles, not to whomever they might play.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Extreme snow presents more problems than just playing the game. The visiting team has to travel via plane and bus, fans have to travel, parking lots get snowed in, roads closed etc. Some of the Bills players had a hard time even getting OUT after their snow storm this season. A dome isn't going to alleviate the logistical issues of bringing in another team and tens of thousands of fans in during a 10' snow storm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only benefit to having a retractable roof isn't just for 10' snow storms.   And like I said: when you're talking about an estimated $1.4B project an extra $25M-$50M is a relatively small amount.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Open sky & real grass is the only way I want my stadiums.

Link Posted: 12/14/2022 10:49:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

His reaction:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fj-Upi4XoAcmoQY?format=jpg&name=small

His reaction:

and still, dan Snyder is worse than irsay.
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 11:51:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Open sky & real grass is the only way I want my stadiums.

View Quote
True way to play football.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 1:26:32 AM EDT
[#47]

Sure, and I’ve “thought about” having an orgy with the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders.  The problem for both Ben and me is the other party isn’t interested.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 4:31:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Sure, and I've "thought about" having an orgy with the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders.  The problem for both Ben and me is the other party isn't interested.
/quote]

Big Ben is to old and slow now.

Aaron Donald would kill him.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 9:04:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, and I've "thought about" having an orgy with the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders.  The problem for both Ben and me is the other party isn't interested.
/quote]

Aaron Donald would kill rape him.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

/quote]

Aaron Donald would kill him.
View Quote

There must be some really kicking underage clubs in San Francisco for him to cruise for thinking about going there.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top