BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Last year the Vikings ended the season with a -1 point differential. They were 8-9.
At this point in the season they were 6-7 with a +11 PD.
12 of those 13 games were one possession games.
This year 10 of the 13 games have been one possession games.

Basically, all of the coin flips the Vikings lost last year, they have won this year.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:39:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Is that realistic?  I've only seen a couple Bucs games this year but their offense couldn't seem to find their asses with a roadmap and a flashlight (until the final two minutes a couple weeks ago).  Bengals defense did just lose a big part of the line but they have been playing well.

I know not to underestimate Brady though
View Quote

Who did the Bengals just lose? Reader is back, but his back up has yet to return.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We're in mid-Decemeber and the Bucs have played a grand total of ONE game in which they scored more than 21 points.

Having said that, the one game in which they scored more than 21 points was a 41-31 loss to the Chiefs so while it is unlikely, a shootout is certainly possible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am hoping the Bengals Bucs game could turn into an explosive shootout. Would be nice to see Brady and Burrow both chucking well.

Is that realistic?  I've only seen a couple Bucs games this year but their offense couldn't seem to find their asses with a roadmap and a flashlight (until the final two minutes a couple weeks ago).  Bengals defense did just lose a big part of the line but they have been playing well.

We're in mid-Decemeber and the Bucs have played a grand total of ONE game in which they scored more than 21 points.

Having said that, the one game in which they scored more than 21 points was a 41-31 loss to the Chiefs so while it is unlikely, a shootout is certainly possible.

That same Chiefs defense just let Russell Wilson go for 23/36, 247 yards, 3 TDs, and 1 INT in a season where he only had 8 TDs and his QBR is 37.2...
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Who did the Bengals just lose? Reader is back, but his back up has yet to return.
View Quote
Both Boyd and Higgins went out in the Browns game. Boyd with a dislocated finger that actually broke through the skin. Higgins with his hamstring after 1 snap.

It looks like Boyd will be able to play, Higgins is trending towards being out.

Trey Hendrickson (DE) finished the game, but has a broken wrist.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks. I knew about the receivers, Was unaware of the broken wrist.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That same Chiefs defense just let Russell Wilson go for 23/36, 247 yards, 3 TDs, and 1 INT in a season where he only had 8 TDs and his QBR is 37.2...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am hoping the Bengals Bucs game could turn into an explosive shootout. Would be nice to see Brady and Burrow both chucking well.

To be fair to the Chiefs' defense, a decent amount of that was on the Chiefs' offense.  Up 27-0 almost to halftime and facing a team with the worst offense in the NFL the Chiefs' offense could have probably just taken a knee 3 times and punted every series and still won that game.  Instead Mahomes threw 3 picks contributing to the worst offense in the NFL scoring 21 points in under 5 minutes.

The Chiefs defense still only gave up 320 yards with the Broncos only scoring 14 points that were NOT off of turnovers.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 7:23:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What a stupid/dumb look for Sherman. You went on to someone else's talk radio show and then told them they aren't allowed to participate in the interview? Why even bother? Only makes yourself look like a tool.
View Quote

Richard Sherman was a good player, but he was also an idiot when not actually on the field playing.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#13]
SF by 3 is wishful thinking for the Hawks, but OK
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 8:53:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Can someone beat the Eagles and 49ers this December please.

Thank you - Cowboys fan
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#15]
The SeaGals
and the SeaMen

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/15/2022 9:07:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thank you - Cowboys fan
View Quote

As a cowboys fan, I am not as worried about the 49ers this year, since Jimmy is out. There is a reason their QB was the last guy drafted, yes they beat a shit Tampa team, but I think they are not going far in the playoffs.

The Eagles, man they look like world beaters right now. Before the season, I figured whoever went to the SB was getting handled by Buffalo. I still think Buffalo is going, but I think the Eagles could beat them, or even KC, or the Bengals.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

To be fair to the Chiefs' defense, a decent amount of that was on the Chiefs' offense.  Up 27-0 almost to halftime and facing a team with the worst offense in the NFL the Chiefs' offense could have probably just taken a knee 3 times and punted every series and still won that game.  Instead Mahomes threw 3 picks contributing to the worst offense in the NFL scoring 21 points in under 5 minutes.

The Chiefs defense still only gave up 320 yards with the Broncos only scoring 14 points that were NOT off of turnovers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I won't make any excuses for Mahomes being a bonehead, but the defense still needs to play defense.

They allowed TD drives of 42, 60, 75, and 75 yards. On one of those drives, the Broncos converted two 4th downs and a 2nd and 34. They allowed this to an offense that was on track to be one of the very worst in modern NFL history.

On the 9th, SI published this:

"It is easily the worst offense in the history of the franchise. The offense is scoring 13.8 points per game, which places it dead last in the six decades that the Broncos have been in existence. 

Coupled with the fact that Denver's second-worst scoring team was in 1966, it paints a picture of utter failure. It's obviously terrible juxtaposed with Denver's all-time annals, but how bad is the offense compared to teams in NFL history? 

It may not be the worst ever, but it isn’t far from that dubious award. There have been several teams that have scored fewer points per game since the 1970 NFL merger, but not many. Only 70 teams out of the 1,477 have scored less than or equal to 13.8 points per game. The last team to have less was a decade ago, and 73% of those teams played before the year 2000.

However, that doesn’t paint a bleak enough picture because the scoring across teams has only increased since 1970. In order to get a read on just how bad this Broncos offense truly is under Nathaniel Hackett, one must compare the scoring to the mean points per game across all teams that season.

By doing this, we find that there are only 27 teams out of the 1,477 that have scored fewer points compared to the mean of that season than what the Broncos have done in 2022. They are 8.2 points less than the NFL average this season. The only reason it isn’t worse is that scoring is down this season from over the past four years.

However, if the Broncos continue at the pace they currently find themselves, they may challenge the 1998 Philadelphia Eagles for the mantle of the worst of all time. The Broncos are continuing to average fewer points per game as the year drags on and could be considerably worse by the season's final gun.

The 1998 Eagles were horrific on offense, averaging 10 points per game, and were shut out three times. The Eagles scored a massive 11 points fewer than the mean."

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/broncos-offense-worst-team-history

For much of the game, THAT offense moved the ball with relative ease and scored 4 TDs against the Chiefs.

I'm pretty much all the way out on this year's defense. They are who they are, and they aren't getting better this season. I like most of the rookies, and there's good pieces to continue rebuilding around, but this year's defense ain't it. Opposing teams are playing on easy mode against a JV squad, and it's not improving.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thank you - Cowboys fan
View Quote

The 49ers are irrelevant to the Cowboys' postseason seeding.

As for the Eagles: they've definitely been one of the luckiest teams in the NFL this season.  With some slightly less horrific officiating and/or some slightly less incompetent actions by their opponents the Eagles could easily be 9-4 right now.  Beyond that it wouldn't take much more for them to be 6-7.  I'd like to think their incredible lucky streak is going to run out soon, but who knows?
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Everyone and their mother knew they are were trying to draw them offsides and Taylor still jumped.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 9:53:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Everyone and their mother knew they are were trying to draw them offsides and Taylor still jumped.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/15/2022 9:56:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

He's an asshole, but wishing for him to get Theismanned is a bit much.

The only guys in the league that I wouldn't mind seeing injured are those that play very dirty and maybe guys like Groper Cleveland.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sherman is a narcissistic asshole and always has been I've never cared for that jerk. I always hoped that he would have gotten Joe Theismanned

About time we agree on something.

He's an asshole, but wishing for him to get Theismanned is a bit much.

The only guys in the league that I wouldn't mind seeing injured are those that play very dirty and maybe guys like Groper Cleveland.

I don't want guys to get injured just because of how they play, or how they played somebody I like.

Suh would be a great example of a player I dislike but don't wish any harm to. Sherman? That man could use a few broken bones to see if it fixes his personality...
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

As a cowboys fan, I am not as worried about the 49ers this year, since Jimmy is out. There is a reason their QB was the last guy drafted, yes they beat a shit Tampa team, but I think they are not going far in the playoffs.

The Eagles, man they look like world beaters right now. Before the season, I figured whoever went to the SB was getting handled by Buffalo. I still think Buffalo is going, but I think the Eagles could beat them, or even KC, or the Bengals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you - Cowboys fan

- The Eagles beat the Lions (back when they sucked) by 3 points.  A Goff pick 6 ended up being the difference.

- Trevor Lawrence had FOUR lost fumbles (along with other turnovers) and the Eagles still only beat the Jags by one score in a home game.

- They beat the Cardinals by 3 points because with the game on the line in the final two minutes Baby Yoda was a pussy and/or idiot.

- Playing against a backup QB who threw 3 INTs their game in Philly against the Cowboys was a 3 point game halfway through the 4th.

- It took literally the worst officiating I've seen all season in order for them to beat the Colts by 1 point.

- One missed 54 yard FG and suddenly the Packers, with a backup QB, have the ball at midfield with 2 minutes left down by one score.

Personally, I don't look at that body of work and think "world beaters." YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:09:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Purdy started 11/11 for 98 yards and a TD, but then he missed on back to back passes that probably would have been 1st downs.

He's still playing above his pay grade, though.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Gino Smith was thrown down a good 5 yards out of bounds and no flag.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:18:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I switched over to the Spanish broadcast and I gotta say, despite only understanding about 5% of what they're saying, I find it more tolerable than the regular broadcast.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I switched over to the Spanish broadcast and I gotta say, despite only understanding about 5% of what they're saying, I find it more tolerable than the regular broadcast.
View Quote

I'd like to see you endure a season where every Cowboys game is broadcasted by Herbstreit, Aikman, and Pam Oliver.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'd like to see you endure a season where every Cowboys game is broadcasted by Herbstreit, Aikman, and Pam Oliver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you - Cowboys fan

Honestly, despite his draft position he looks good out there. It's basically what I would expect Mac Jones to look like in that offense.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:35:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Purdy started 11/11 for 98 yards and a TD, but then he missed on back to back passes that probably would have been 1st downs.

He's still playing above his pay grade, though.
View Quote

I've only watched him play 4 quarters and change and already I've seen him throw 4 balls that either hit a defender in both hands or was intercepted only for it to get wiped out due to penalty.

He's obviously playing well for a rookie that was drafted dead last, but eventually those throws are going to catch up to him.

Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:57:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 11:03:01 PM EDT
[#32]
What a stupid call
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 11:03:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Pretty weak RTP call erasing a TD.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 11:04:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What a stupid foul.
View Quote
 Make up call from when he was thrown to the ground out of bounds.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 11:07:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a stupid foul.

It's the body weight thing.

All of these go back to Aaron Rodgers's collarbone...
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's the body weight thing.

All of these go back to Aaron Rodgers's collarbone...
View Quote

Videos of each at link. They have similarities and differences. Comes down to a judgment call by the officiating I guess.

Link Posted: 12/15/2022 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Is it just me or have 87% of primetime games been runaways?
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Hendrickson is who I was referring to.  I'm usually watching him when they are on defense... he's a beast.  Apparently broke his wrist sometime in the third quarter and finished the game with it broken.  Him and Reader together are great.
View Quote

That is turning into a really good defense. The rookie corner has done a great job after losing Awuzie, and they held Chubb to 34yds, and Henry to 38. I don't think they have allowed a 300yd game passing yet this year.
If the OL continues to improve, and they stay healthy, I like their chances.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 11:33:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Is it just me or have 87% of primetime games been runaways?
View Quote

Not really and definitely not lately.

Prime time final scores going back to week 12:

33-26
40-33
24-17
24-10
54-19
17-16
17-16
23-17
27-13

Only the Colts/Cowboys game was a blowout and that was a 2 point game heading into the 4th.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 11:40:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now that's just being nasty
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Some strange ones in there... I did my best to swing WA to Tom, but came up short I guess.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

- The Eagles beat the Lions (back when they sucked) by 3 points.  A Goff pick 6 ended up being the difference.

- Trevor Lawrence had FOUR lost fumbles (along with other turnovers) and the Eagles still only beat the Jags by one score in a home game.

- They beat the Cardinals by 3 points because with the game on the line in the final two minutes Baby Yoda was a pussy and/or idiot.

- Playing against a backup QB who threw 3 INTs their game in Philly against the Cowboys was a 3 point game halfway through the 4th.

- It took literally the worst officiating I've seen all season in order for them to beat the Colts by 1 point.

- One missed 54 yard FG and suddenly the Packers, with a backup QB, have the ball at midfield with 2 minutes left down by one score.

Personally, I don't look at that body of work and think "world beaters." YMMV.
View Quote

Good points all. Your lips to Gods ears because I hate Philadelphia and their shit fanbase.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:09:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm surprised she has time enough in between meals...she was hot when she first came in the spotlight.

Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Would like to watch her and Gina Carano eat cake off each other's naked bodies.

Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Would like to watch her and Gina Carano eat cake off each other's naked bodies.

View Quote

Found midcaps alt.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm surprised she has time enough in between meals...she was hot when she first came in the spotlight.

View Quote

Since she gained weight she is a smoke show.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top