Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#1]

The hog was trademarked in July by "O-Line Entertainment", an LLC formed by "original Hogs" Joe Jacoby, Mark May, John Riggins, Fred Dean and Doc Walker (former Redskins offensive lineman).

"If they go forward on Sunday and make the hog their mascot and try to trademark it, we are going to be forced into trademark infringement litigation," O-Line Entertainment attorney Seth Berenzweig told Front Office Sports. "We've made it very clear to them that we believe they'd be infringing on the trademark, and they need to arrange a licensing deal with the players. They have refused to do that."

Kind of sounds like a money grab to me. The former players trademarked it THIS off-season, when there was already discussion about what the new mascot would be. Now they want the Commanders to LICENSE a deal with them instead of buy it out. They are just as bad as website domain campers.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fk_oOnZXkAAM4T-?format=jpg&name=small

The hog was trademarked in July by "O-Line Entertainment", an LLC formed by "original Hogs" Joe Jacoby, Mark May, John Riggins, Fred Dean and Doc Walker (former Redskins offensive lineman).

"If they go forward on Sunday and make the hog their mascot and try to trademark it, we are going to be forced into trademark infringement litigation," O-Line Entertainment attorney Seth Berenzweig told Front Office Sports. "We've made it very clear to them that we believe they'd be infringing on the trademark, and they need to arrange a licensing deal with the players. They have refused to do that."

Kind of sounds like a money grab to me. The former players trademarked it THIS off-season, when there was already discussion about what the new mascot would be. Now they want the Commanders to LICENSE a deal with them instead of buy it out. They are just as bad as website domain campers.
View Quote

A hog at least makes some sense.

A dog though?
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

A hog at least makes some sense.

A dog though?
View Quote
Just make it a pig and name it "Hoggy". Just different enough to not be a trademark violation.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Speaking of a pattern of cheap shots: I can't recall seeing a starting QB dish out more cheap shots and attempted cheap shots in his first two seasons in the NFL than Mac Jones.

To make it even worse he makes up absurd excuses for his actions that no one outside of extremely gullible people and Pats homers are going to believe.
View Quote
Watched him do some dirty hits that would have had anybody else suspended.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 2:17:34 PM EDT
[#7]
So, the old lady got me Bills tickets, plane tickets and hotel reservations for the weekend they play the Pats at home. We've never been to a Bills game, and we live in SW VA so I dont think she understands that Buffalo weather is NOT VA weather

The flight and layover time total is a little over 6 hours, minus any issues that arise. To drive, and have our vehicle available, is 8.5 hours. Im leaning towards driving at this point, if we go, since we have kids at home and Im not risking getting stuck up there. Id honestly prefer a fall game given the kids and weather. I think she was lobbing a Hail Mary for a Christmas gift, but I wont tell her that

So what would you do in this scenario? It would be a no brainer if we lived much closer, but as you can see, we do not.

Also, what would be some places to check out (food, sights, etc) if theyre even open at that point? We would be leaving Saturday the 7th, and returning Monday the 9th.

@stoner01
@ClayhollisterTT
@kzin
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So, the old lady got me Bills tickets, plane tickets and hotel reservations for the weekend they play the Pats at home. We've never been to a Bills game, and we live in SW VA so I dont think she understands that Buffalo weather is NOT VA weather

The flight and layover time total is a little over 6 hours, minus any issues that arise. To drive, and have our vehicle available, is 8.5 hours. Im leaning towards driving at this point, if we go, since we have kids at home and Im not risking getting stuck up there. Id honestly prefer a fall game given the kids and weather. I think she was lobbing a Hail Mary for a Christmas gift, but I wont tell her that

So what would you do in this scenario? It would be a no brainer if we lived much closer, but as you can see, we do not.

Also, what would be some places to check out (food, sights, etc) if theyre even open at that point? We would be leaving Saturday the 7th, and returning Monday the 9th.

@stoner01
@ClayhollisterTT
@kzin
View Quote

I drove from Wyoming in May for an emergency. I like having the vehicle, for reasons. Plus it was still cheaper than last minute plane tickets. If you already have the tickets, might as well use em.
As for places to go. Sights, well nothing I'd go to in the winter unless you want to do a day trip to the Falls. I usually hit up some breweries and my local food joints there. If you want my opinion on wings, Gabriel's Gate in Allentown. My Cousin Vintage has some good gear and it's a few blocks away. Thin Man and Community are the two breweries I go to whenever I'm in town. Since you're basically only there for Sunday.. just go to the stadium and tailgate with the mafia.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/butWhy-734.gif

She's actually a huge football person and was at one time mentioned in consideration for head of NFL.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@stoner01
@ClayhollisterTT
@kzin
View Quote

I would drive for sure, it gives you more control.

As far as sites to see, I am not from Buffalo, more of central NY area so we always drove in for games and headed home after.

It was still Rich Stadium last time I saw a game there. It is easier now to go see them in Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Jersey than make the trek to Orchard Park.

Enjoy the game, dress warm, it gets cold with the wind.

Tailgating is awesome though.  For road games I always look for Pinto Ron, it is an experience and he draws a crowd. He is in the Hammer Lot but there will be plenty of great tailgating everywhere.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:03:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Steelers playoff hopes are pretty much gone after this past weekend.

The Standard is the Standard!

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Tua's stats from both before and after that hit that we are now assuming caused his concussion.

Before: 9/12, 229 yds, 19.1 YPA, 1 TD, 0 INT
After: 7/13, 81 yds, 6.2 YPA, 0 TD, 3 INTs
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

As far as sites to see, I am not from Buffalo, more of central NY area so we always drove in for games and headed home after.

It was still Rich Stadium last time I saw a game there. It is easier now to go see them in Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Jersey than make the trek to Orchard Park.

Tailgating is awesome though.  For road games I always look for Pinto Ron, it is an experience and he draws a crowd. He is in the Hammer Lot but there will be plenty of great tailgating everywhere.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/D10228D4-85AD-4016-BBB6-63318A4A8A20_jpe-2650807.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/CE3BF442-8038-4791-ABF6-D15A0779C214_jpe-2650808.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/31AC6078-5426-4049-8F16-1FB1E9E94F76_jpe-2650810.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/EACCD42E-5715-4CCD-8635-999B047D6C70_jpe-2650811.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/304E281A-42CA-435F-A62A-8D9BC9AE303F_jpe-2650812.JPG
View Quote

RIP Ezra
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:08:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just make it a pig and name it "Hoggy". Just different enough to not be a trademark violation.
View Quote

If they had just changed their logo and mascot to a redskin potato none of this would be necessary.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

She's actually a huge football person and was at one time mentioned in consideration for head of NFL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Condoleezza Rice was in serious consideration for commissioner of the NFL?  I must have missed that one.

Plenty of people are "huge football people."  That doesn't mean they're experts qualified to evaluate how good or bad someone would be as an NFL head coach.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
538 has them at 2%.

Tomlin seems to think they are doing something right since they got flexed. No one tell him that there were only TWO options as all the other games were either protected by FOX/CBS or had teams that had already reached their maximum primetime game allotment for the season (6).
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:17:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Denver is the next Detroit Lions.

Change my mind.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:18:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
538 has them at 2%.

Tomlin seems to think they are doing something right since they got flexed. No one tell him that there were only TWO options as all the other games were either protected by FOX/CBS or had teams that had already reached their maximum primetime game allotment for the season (6).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

538 has them at 2%.

Luckly beat teams that were weaker.

Nothing is going to change for my steelers till Tomlin is gone.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Of the 14 currently projected playoff starting quarterbacks:
13 of them combined have 36 playoff appearances, with 15 playoff wins and 1 SB victory.
The 14th is Tom who has 47 playoff appearances, with 35 playoff wins and 7 SB victories.

5 of the projected starters have 0 playoff appearances. Definitely a full changing of the old guard, once Tom is gone, it is complete. The oldest possible starting QB besides Tom is Cousins at 34 followed by Wentz at 30. Everyone else is in their 20's including 7 quarterbacks who are 25 or younger.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Condoleezza Rice was in serious consideration for commissioner of the NFL?  I must have missed that one.

Plenty of people are "huge football people."  That doesn't mean they're experts qualified to evaluate how good or bad someone would be as an NFL head coach.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has come up a few times.

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/amp/msna411766

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/11/19/opinions/condoleezza-rice-cleveland-browns-women-nfl-roxanne-jones/index.html
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I drove from Wyoming in May for an emergency. I like having the vehicle, for reasons. Plus it was still cheaper than last minute plane tickets. If you already have the tickets, might as well use em.
As for places to go. Sights, well nothing I'd go to in the winter unless you want to do a day trip to the Falls. I usually hit up some breweries and my local food joints there. If you want my opinion on wings, Gabriel's Gate in Allentown. My Cousin Vintage has some good gear and it's a few blocks away. Thin Man and Community are the two breweries I go to whenever I'm in town. Since you're basically only there for Sunday.. just go to the stadium and tailgate with the mafia.
View Quote

Thanks!

We'd probably get there in time Saturday to check some breweries and food spots. Then check out all the pregame activities Sunday and probably more food spots/breweries after the game. Probably find a breakfast spot Monday morning and then get on the road. She did buy plane tickets already, but got insurance and has to cancel by 1/4.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Yeah...against my Broncos lmao.  At least they fired Coach Hack.  What a disaster.

How many games did the midget play before his ACL?  Are we done or bet still going?

@Hunter-Killer
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:29:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/D10228D4-85AD-4016-BBB6-63318A4A8A20_jpe-2650807.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/CE3BF442-8038-4791-ABF6-D15A0779C214_jpe-2650808.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/31AC6078-5426-4049-8F16-1FB1E9E94F76_jpe-2650810.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/EACCD42E-5715-4CCD-8635-999B047D6C70_jpe-2650811.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/304E281A-42CA-435F-A62A-8D9BC9AE303F_jpe-2650812.JPG
View Quote

Thanks!

Im leaning heavily towards driving, even with the distance. I only gain 2 hours by flying, but have zero control of anything that happens. And then we still have to find a rental or Uber for everything we'd want to do.
Id rather not have a rental after a game and tailgating, and Im sure Uber would not be a fast response at that time either
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#24]

The CNN article started off with a rant about the "boorish behavior in and around the game that denigrates and devalues women" and said they should hire Rice as NFL commissioner.

The MSNBC article talked about Rice saying being NFL commissioner would be her dream job.

I personally don't see either of those as evidence that Rice was in serious consideration for commissioner of the NFL. YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thanks!

We'd probably get there in time Saturday to check some breweries and food spots. Then check out all the pregame activities Sunday and probably more food spots/breweries after the game. Probably find a breakfast spot Monday morning and then get on the road. She did buy plane tickets already, but got insurance and has to cancel by 1/4.
View Quote

Let me know where the hotel is at and I can see what's close.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:38:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://www.theincomparable.com/imgs/episodes/pointing-spiderman.gif
View Quote

I thought there was no way such a low drafted rookie would do as well as he has. I am still skeptical about the playoffs, I think Jimmy Gs experience would make him superior. But they have a hell of an offensive system in SF.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah...against my Broncos lmao.  At least they fired Coach Hack.  What a disaster.

How many games did the midget play before his ACL?  Are we done or bet still going?

@Hunter-Killer
View All Quotes
Quoted:

@Hunter-Killer

@Laramie

Baby Yoda tore his ACL during his 11th game.

And, yeah, the bet is still going.  Unless of course you want to concede and pay up before the regular season ends.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The CNN article started off with a rant about the "boorish behavior in and around the game that denigrates and devalues women" and said they should hire Rice as NFL commissioner.

The MSNBC article talked about Rice saying being NFL commissioner would be her dream job.

I personally don't see either of those as evidence that Rice was in serious consideration for commissioner of the NFL. YMMV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It is most likely a media creation.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Who is ready for some TNF??? Titans and the Cowboys.... Woooo... Fkn trash ass Titans... I hope they fire everybody... Malik Wilis is NOT the future.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Her only qualification is she was a semi important govt. person that likes football. Pretty low bar to set for expertise.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Who is ready for some TNF??? Titans and the Cowboys.... Woooo... Fkn trash ass Titans... I hope they fire everybody... Malik Wilis is NOT the future.
View Quote

The Cowboys were much bigger favorites against the Texans and they needed Dak to lead a 98 yard drive in the last 3 minutes of the game to win so you never know.

Of course the very next week the Chiefs needed OT to beat the Texans so maybe that has more to do with the Texans not being as bad as most people think.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The Cowboys were much bigger favorites against the Texans and they needed Dak to lead a 98 yard drive in the last 3 minutes of the game to win so you never know.

Of course the very next week the Chiefs needed OT to beat the Texans so maybe that has more to do with the Texans not being as bad as most people think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the Texans won their game against the Titans few days ago.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since its the Cowboys it will probably still draw one of the highest TNF ratings of the season. The boys are still playing for a better seed.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#34]

That's... 1.1 per game? Woof.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Moore is a possibility. Young guy, get some experience, and blame the cap situation when he's fired after 2 years in his future interviews.
View Quote
For his sake, I hope Moore has already decided to decline the job if offered.  If he's going to take over a Broncos team, I'd rather see him back at Boise State.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@stoner01
@ClayhollisterTT
@kzin

Last pic, is that a bedpan? Wtf, lol.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 4:20:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
For his sake, I hope Moore has already decided to decline the job if offered.  If he's going to take over a Broncos team, I'd rather see him back at Boise State.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Moore is a possibility. Young guy, get some experience, and blame the cap situation when he's fired after 2 years in his future interviews.

Didn't Moore already turn that job down a year or two ago?
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@stoner01
@ClayhollisterTT
@kzin

Yeah, he cooks meatballs in a bedpan.

You also do shots of a cherry liqueur out of a bowling ball, drop it and then blow a horn. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#39]

To be fairrr... Daniel Jones has been sacked 150 times in the last 4 years and is the T3rd most sacked QB this season and Justin Fields in the 2nd most sacked QB this season, just 1 behind Russell Wilson.

They have also faced 4 other teams who have surrendered top 10 sack numbers. So all in all they have faced 6 teams who are top 10 in sacks allowed. So that has helped a lot. It will be 7 times after they play the Giants again.

Their remaining two games include Daniel Jones the 2nd time and the Saints. The Saints have surrendered 30 sacks this season which puts them in the top half of the league.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So he did.  I'd missed that.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#41]

I find this quote amusing simply because we all know a large portion of why the Broncos hired Hackett in the first place was to try and make it an even more tempting landing spot for Rodgers during all his conflict and trade rumors in Green Bay.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Football Outsiders has an Estimated Wins index. It is based on DVOA during specific situations (redzone, 1st quarter offense, close/tight games, etc). It then projects a number of wins adjusted to league average schedule and league average fumble recovery.

Currently, every 10+ win team EXCEPT the Vikings (BUF, CIN, BAL, KC, PHI, DAL, SF) has 10+ wins from Football Outsiders. Another example, the 7-8 Packers have a 7.1 Estimated Win index. Right on the nose.

The Vikings only have 6 estimated wins. Yet they are 12-3.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You also do shots of a cherry liqueur out of a bowling ball, drop it and then blow a horn. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/7A0247BB-09D6-4E72-A12B-B07D9F8FAD31_jpe-2650881.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@stoner01
@ClayhollisterTT
@kzin

You also do shots of a cherry liqueur out of a bowling ball, drop it and then blow a horn. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/7A0247BB-09D6-4E72-A12B-B07D9F8FAD31_jpe-2650881.JPG

Some people juggle geese.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

The Edward off of Delaware Ave in Buffalo. I just looked it for the first time: 46 minutes North of the stadium, and 1.5/5 stars.

Like I said, I think she was lobbing a Hail Mary for Christmas, more so after looking more into it

I may blame the weather and just watch this one from the couch at home, maybe try for a fall game
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@stoner01
@ClayhollisterTT
@kzin

I'd pay to see that. Geese are assholes.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'd pay to see that. Geese are assholes.
View Quote

DK would like a word with you....

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 5:53:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Thanks!

Im leaning heavily towards driving, even with the distance. I only gain 2 hours by flying, but have zero control of anything that happens. And then we still have to find a rental or Uber for everything we'd want to do.
Id rather not have a rental after a game and tailgating, and Im sure Uber would not be a fast response at that time either
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Do you even gain 2 hours once you factor in getting through the airports, baggage claim, your rental (if you're not Uber'ing), etc.?

I tend to drive everywhere. I like having my own transportation.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Since its the Cowboys it will probably still draw one of the highest TNF ratings of the season. The boys are still playing for a better seed.
View Quote

Aren't they pretty much stuck at 5?
I doubt Philly loses 2 games.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you are right. Might be a slim chance.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are still playing for the #1 seed but yea it's highly unlikely that the Eagles will lose their last two games and the Cowboys will win their last two.

I think the Vikings would have to lose one of their last two also?
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top