Quoted:

Aren't they pretty much stuck at 5?
I doubt Philly loses 2 games.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since its the Cowboys it will probably still draw one of the highest TNF ratings of the season. The boys are still playing for a better seed.

Aren't they pretty much stuck at 5?
I doubt Philly loses 2 games.

Yeah, they can't drop any lower than 5 and it is highly unlikely the Eagles lose 3 in a row to close out the season.  However, it's not impossible when you consider how wacky this season has been and how about half the Eagles' wins could have easily gone the other way if it wasn't for gross incompetence by the other team and/or horrific officiating.  Still, with the Eagles having a horseshoe up their ass all season you shouldn't get your hopes up.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I knew there was no way the Cowboys would go an entire season without Shawn Hochuli’s crew officiating one of their games.

Attachment Attached File

On the plus side the game doesn’t mean much and a silver lining to having 1 of the 2 most blatant Cowboys-hating crews of the past few years call the game is it offers a good betting opportunity.

Titans +10.5

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So, the old lady got me Bills tickets, plane tickets and hotel reservations for the weekend they play the Pats at home. We've never been to a Bills game, and we live in SW VA so I dont think she understands that Buffalo weather is NOT VA weather

The flight and layover time total is a little over 6 hours, minus any issues that arise. To drive, and have our vehicle available, is 8.5 hours. Im leaning towards driving at this point, if we go, since we have kids at home and Im not risking getting stuck up there. Id honestly prefer a fall game given the kids and weather. I think she was lobbing a Hail Mary for a Christmas gift, but I wont tell her that

So what would you do in this scenario? It would be a no brainer if we lived much closer, but as you can see, we do not.

Also, what would be some places to check out (food, sights, etc) if theyre even open at that point? We would be leaving Saturday the 7th, and returning Monday the 9th.

@stoner01
@ClayhollisterTT
@kzin
View Quote

sorry, in spite of being a 'buffalo' fan for 40+ years I've lived in rochester and syracuse and made it over for 2 or 3 games ever.
I don't think any of them were at the current stadium and all were with somebody else making the plans.

Have fun.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Do you even gain 2 hours once you factor in getting through the airports, baggage claim, your rental (if you're not Uber'ing), etc.?

I tend to drive everywhere. I like having my own transportation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would drive for sure, it gives you more control.

As far as sites to see, I am not from Buffalo, more of central NY area so we always drove in for games and headed home after.

It was still Rich Stadium last time I saw a game there. It is easier now to go see them in Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Jersey than make the trek to Orchard Park.

Enjoy the game, dress warm, it gets cold with the wind.

Tailgating is awesome though.  For road games I always look for Pinto Ron, it is an experience and he draws a crowd. He is in the Hammer Lot but there will be plenty of great tailgating everywhere.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/D10228D4-85AD-4016-BBB6-63318A4A8A20_jpe-2650807.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/CE3BF442-8038-4791-ABF6-D15A0779C214_jpe-2650808.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/31AC6078-5426-4049-8F16-1FB1E9E94F76_jpe-2650810.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/EACCD42E-5715-4CCD-8635-999B047D6C70_jpe-2650811.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/513887/304E281A-42CA-435F-A62A-8D9BC9AE303F_jpe-2650812.JPG

Thanks!

Im leaning heavily towards driving, even with the distance. I only gain 2 hours by flying, but have zero control of anything that happens. And then we still have to find a rental or Uber for everything we'd want to do.
Id rather not have a rental after a game and tailgating, and Im sure Uber would not be a fast response at that time either

Do you even gain 2 hours once you factor in getting through the airports, baggage claim, your rental (if you're not Uber'ing), etc.?

I tend to drive everywhere. I like having my own transportation.

Good point. I just did the time from departure to landing, adding in what you pointed out easily chews up the difference: driving to airport, parking, getting to terminal and then baggage, to hotel, etc.

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

She's actually a huge football person and was at one time mentioned in consideration for head of NFL.
View Quote

Wasn't she on the first cfb playoff committee?
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
538 has them at 2%.

Tomlin seems to think they are doing something right since they got flexed. No one tell him that there were only TWO options as all the other games were either protected by FOX/CBS or had teams that had already reached their maximum primetime game allotment for the season (6).
View Quote

steelers win both
mia lose both
ne lose to buff
nyj lose to sea
may require a raiders loss but that's so likely I haven't checked:)
nope-raiders need all that plus pitt loss plus beat sf and kc
that's as astronomical as it gets!

chargers win eliminated their other path
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I knew there was no way the Cowboys would go an entire season without Shawn Hochuli’s crew officiating one of their games.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/D7E28F7B-53DB-49CB-838D-254CDB67E3EE_jpe-2650971.JPG

On the plus side the game doesn’t mean much and a silver lining to having 1 of the 2 most blatant Cowboys-hating crews of the past few years call the game is it offers a good betting opportunity.

Titans +10.5

View Quote

Again?
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Tennessee and Jacksonville games this week are both meaningless.
Division is settled head to head next week regardless.

Wonder if either rests a lot of people.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's... 1.1 per game? Woof.
View Quote

They haven’t had a pass rush in years. But what the hell just keep throwing first round picks at pass catchers.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Again?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/D7E28F7B-53DB-49CB-838D-254CDB67E3EE_jpe-2650971.JPG

Titans +10.5

Again?

Yup.  Again.  And, by the way, I haven't lost a Cowboys' game all season so far.

This one is a lot like the Giants' Thanksgiving game.  I was actually leaning towards the Cowboys, but then I saw they drew the Scott Novak crew and instantly knew I was going to bet on the Giants.  That is how powerful of a factor these two Cowboys-hating crews calling a Cowboys' game is.  If the Cowboys were playing a must win game and drew one of these crews I would happily trade having a non-Dak/non-Parsons starter sit out in exchange for a different crew.

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yup.  Again.  And, by the way, I haven't lost a Cowboys' game all season so far.

This one is a lot like the Giants' Thanksgiving game.  I was actually leaning towards the Cowboys, but then I saw they drew the Scott Novak crew and instantly knew I was going to bet on the Giants.  That is how powerful of a factor these two Cowboys-hating crews calling a Cowboys' game is.  If the Cowboys were playing a must win game and drew one of these crews I would happily trade having a non-Dak/non-Parsons starter sit out in exchange for a different crew.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Titans +10.5

Again?

As a Cowboy fan, IMO, if you can't bet for them to cover, you shouldn't bet on the game. Just bet a SU win. Whatever the payout.
Pete Rose would scoff your betting tactics.
Pete......... Rose...........
Charlie Hustle
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:20:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

As a Cowboy fan, IMO, if you can't bet for them to cover, you shouldn't bet on the game. Just bet a SU win. Whatever the payout.
Charlie Hustle
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Titans +10.5

Again?

Charlie Hustle

So instead of being undefeated all season (including a +550 win) I would have multiple -200 or worse losses which is the equivalent of losing FOUR games?

Edit: While we're on the topic, Pete Rose should be the Hall of Fame.

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They haven’t had a pass rush in years. But what the hell just keep throwing first round picks at pass catchers.
View Quote

And then take forever to start throwing to them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So instead of being undefeated all season (including a +550 win) I would have multiple -200 or worse losses which is the equivalent of losing FOUR games?

https://media.tenor.com/tJartlHyKswAAAAC/think-illpass.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Titans +10.5

Again?

Charlie Hustle

Whatever.
BE  THE  COWBOY  FAN.
BELIEVE!!!!!!
I bet you don't even paint your face on game day.
Well, do ya?

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:34:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Wasn't she on the first cfb playoff committee?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:34:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Whatever.
BE  THE  COWBOY  FAN.
BELIEVE!!!!!!
Well, do ya?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Titans +10.5

Again?

Charlie Hustle

Whatever.
BE  THE  COWBOY  FAN.
BELIEVE!!!!!!
Well, do ya?

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fk_oOnZXkAAM4T-?format=jpg&name=small

The hog was trademarked in July by "O-Line Entertainment", an LLC formed by "original Hogs" Joe Jacoby, Mark May, John Riggins, Fred Dean and Doc Walker (former Redskins offensive lineman).

"If they go forward on Sunday and make the hog their mascot and try to trademark it, we are going to be forced into trademark infringement litigation," O-Line Entertainment attorney Seth Berenzweig told Front Office Sports. "We've made it very clear to them that we believe they'd be infringing on the trademark, and they need to arrange a licensing deal with the players. They have refused to do that."

Kind of sounds like a money grab to me. The former players trademarked it THIS off-season, when there was already discussion about what the new mascot would be. Now they want the Commanders to LICENSE a deal with them instead of buy it out. They are just as bad as website domain campers.
View Quote

That dog mascot looks like just lifted a drawing Scrappy-Doo...just dumb, when you have the Hog, that makes sense as a team theme and tradition.

Seems like a money grab to me also, and any judge with half a brain. It could be argued they are profiting from something only being a member of the Redskins made possible in the first place.

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Titans +10.5

Again?

Charlie Hustle

Whatever.
BE  THE  COWBOY  FAN.
BELIEVE!!!!!!
Well, do ya?

https://y.yarn.co/67cf0f18-a166-4730-8901-438ba7dd3f08_text.gif

Bingo.
Gets more difficult every year.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That dog mascot looks like just lifted a drawing Scrappy-Doo...just dumb, when you have the Hog, that makes sense as a team theme and tradition.

Seems like a money grab to me also, and any judge with half a brain. It could be argued they are profiting from something only being a member of the Redskins made possible in the first place.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fk_oOnZXkAAM4T-?format=jpg&name=small

The hog was trademarked in July by "O-Line Entertainment", an LLC formed by "original Hogs" Joe Jacoby, Mark May, John Riggins, Fred Dean and Doc Walker (former Redskins offensive lineman).

"If they go forward on Sunday and make the hog their mascot and try to trademark it, we are going to be forced into trademark infringement litigation," O-Line Entertainment attorney Seth Berenzweig told Front Office Sports. "We've made it very clear to them that we believe they'd be infringing on the trademark, and they need to arrange a licensing deal with the players. They have refused to do that."

Kind of sounds like a money grab to me. The former players trademarked it THIS off-season, when there was already discussion about what the new mascot would be. Now they want the Commanders to LICENSE a deal with them instead of buy it out. They are just as bad as website domain campers.

I am on the players side on this, they were the Hogs.

Fuck the “Commanders”. They will always be the Redskins to me.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 11:25:36 PM EDT
[#21]
What y’all think, a string of good luck or is baker gonna keep at it?

Link Posted: 12/27/2022 11:35:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

He might be able to “keep at it” for the final two games.

I’d be surprised if it carried into next season though.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 11:48:29 PM EDT
[#23]
The Lions started 1-6 and not only could they potentially be playing a de facto playoff game in week 18, but they would be a pick 'em on a neutral field vs the Packers with Rodgers starting.

Most. Bizarre. Season. Ever.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 11:54:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/65064AF5-82B7-42AF-8547-10393233B94A_jpe-2651388.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/65064AF5-82B7-42AF-8547-10393233B94A_jpe-2651388.JPG

Lol I forgot about that graph.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 12:07:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Coaching matters. Despite the LAR roster being iffy, when Baker was released and claimed, he went from a clown car to one of the better offensive coaches in the league.

We've also seen Baker sustain good play when healthy with a good coach.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 12:10:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's amazing what happens to a QB when he gets on a team that has a good coach and crew and good players to support the QB.  Unlike the Browns and Panthers.  There's a reason the Browns stadium is called the factory of sadness.  It's a complete shit show of an organization and that leopard won't ever change it's spots.  Same with the Panthers.  It's a dumpster fire of an organization.  Cam Newton is all that needs to be said there.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It's amazing what happens to a QB when he gets on a team that has a good coach and crew and good players to support the QB.  Unlike the Browns and Panthers.  There's a reason the Browns stadium is called the factory of sadness.  It's a complete shit show of an organization and that leopard won't ever change it's spots.  Same with the Panthers.  It's a dumpster fire of an organization.  Cam Newton is all that needs to be said there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He had all that in Cleveland. Players will not support both bad attitude and crappy play. Somebody must be misremembering...
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 9:08:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

He had all that in Cleveland. Players will not support both bad attitude and crappy play. Somebody must be misremembering...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We’ve been over this.

Baker was rough during the Freddie Kitchens season, he was good for the first season under Stefanski, and he was injured early the following season and played through injury the whole season after which he was shipped off to the Panthers.

He has had exactly one season where he was healthy and playing under a decent coach, and he was serviceable.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

We’ve been over this.

Baker was rough during the Freddie Kitchens season, he was good for the first season under Stefanski, and he was injured early the following season and played through injury the whole season after which he was shipped off to the Panthers.

He has had exactly one season where he was healthy and playing under a decent coach, and he was serviceable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We’ve been over this.

Agreed, a serviceable QB. As in a good backup and or a transition QB for a team. He had a SB class team in the Browns.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 9:25:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

We’ve been over this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We’ve been over this.

Serviceable is a good description for him.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Agreed, a serviceable QB. As in a good backup and or a transition QB for a team. He had a SB class team in the Browns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We’ve been over this.

If they weren't the Browns, maybe.

The Browns hype was because of that talent, but you see how far that got them. Such a short span of talent & coaching wasn't likely to turn around the franchise, but it was fun seeing if they could pull it off against the odds.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 11:28:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

With GB needing a WAS loss for their playoff hopes, I can't argue with this decision.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The Browns hype was because of that talent, but you see how far that got them. Such a short span of talent & coaching wasn't likely to turn around the franchise, but it was fun seeing if they could pull it off against the odds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We’ve been over this.

Reminds me of the old saying. Great QB, Great team, Great coaching. Pick two.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 12:45:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We’ve been over this.

I think a lot of the hype was nonsense, and I don’t think it’s Baker’s fault it didn’t work out.

I think there are also teams that could go deep with a healthy Mayfield at QB on a cheap deal. This year’s 49ers team is a good example. The Broncos might be in that conversation without Hack Job as HC.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 1:04:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 12/28/2022 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Viewer count
Eagles/Cowboys: 27.8M
Packers/Dolphins: 25.9M
Broncos/Rams: 21.7M
Buccaneers/Cardinals: 17.1M
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#38]
The Raiders are thinking about parking the Carr.

Link Posted: 12/28/2022 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Supposedly OC Canada is out after the season is done for the Steelers.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 2:15:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

With GB needing a WAS loss for their playoff hopes, I can't argue with this decision.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back when the Redskins very questionably traded for Wentz I said if the Cowboys were playing the Redskins I’d rather they face Wentz than Heinicke.

I have seen nothing so far this season that would cause me to change that opinion.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The Lions started 1-6 and not only could they potentially be playing a de facto playoff game in week 18, but they would be a pick 'em on a neutral field vs the Packers with Rodgers starting.

View Quote

Sucks the lions lost last weekend.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sucks even more they started off 1-6.  4 of the 6 losses were by 4 points or fewer.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#44]
This get posted yet?

Link Posted: 12/28/2022 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
This get posted yet?

View Quote

With a backup QB getting into a physical altercation with the O-line on the sideline of a nationally broadcasted humiliating blowout I wouldn’t be shocked if Wilson was stirring shit up in an attempt to get the team less likely to want his backup to take over and as a way to temporarily take the focus off of people saying the Broncos trading for him was one of the worst trades in NFL history.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#46]
The Carr has been parked.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#47]
It’s easy to rip on Carr, but not many QBs are going to be able to win with this:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are fun to watch.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This get posted yet?

View Quote

Too bad he wasn’t hitting the opponent’s D-line like he shoved his backup QB.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/13C44899-DA49-40FB-8FEE-52D700B71193_png-2651859.JPG

I really don’t even know who’s the better choice at this point.

Guess I should expect Carr/Jackson/Jimmy/ or some unlucky draft pick to lead the shit show next year.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top