BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 647
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 4:39:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Too bad he is not on a contending team this year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not much of a contest this year.

Is he still playing?
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 4:48:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Is he still playing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not much of a contest this year.

Is he still playing?

I heard Mark Sanchez is coming out of retirement to give the Chefs a chance in the Superbowl.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 7:23:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Nice. The odds were

Makes it even smarter.

Pay that man his money.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+700 cashes.

Nice. The odds were

Makes it even smarter.

Pay that man his money.

To be fair to the odds makers though I made the Bosa +700 bet back when Parsons was -200 (or something like that) and it seemed like most people assumed it was pretty much over even though there was still two months left in the season.  I figured if Parsons wasn't going to win then Bosa had the best chance and 2nd most likely to win at +700 with 2 months to go seemed like good value.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Surprised Parsons didn't get 1 first place vote. I know he kinda faded down the stretch but still.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 7:52:58 AM EDT
[#5]
For anyone interested, there's a super excellent article on Joe Montanna on the ESPN web site. Brief interview with his wife as well. Covers his career, back to high school even. Well written & enjoyable.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 7:57:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nice to see the Rattler made it in.
View Quote

It would have been sweeter if it was a couple years ago when he was still alive. He retired 40 years ago. Still has the 5th most interceptions.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 8:13:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For anyone interested, there's a super excellent article on Joe Montanna on the ESPN web site. Brief interview with his wife as well. Covers his career, back to high school even. Well written & enjoyable.
View Quote

I read that the other day and agree with you. It was one of the best written sports articles I’ve ever read. It was in-depth and very interesting.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 9:32:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That is super gaudy
View Quote

Never been to Jordan I see...
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 11:15:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is super gaudy

The carpet, upholstery, and paint are in WTF team colors, so...
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Overall, pretty weak for the 1st timers, which should allow them to get more of the deserving back-logged players in.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That is super gaudy
View Quote
Always the problem with those old mansions. They look cool as hell on the outside, but the insides are always outdated and ugly as fuck.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Russell Wilson's Why Not You Foundation is speaking out again against the recent USA Today report. Executive Director Shayla Tait says the report is misleading because it focuses on 2020 and 2021 (24.3 cents) when they had a lot of events cancelled due to Covid. She goes on to say that a lot of donations are not shown on their organizations 990 tax forms because it went on their partners tax forms.

Example: They partnered up with Safeway to donate money to the Seattle's Children Hospital and that donation was credited on Safeway's 990 tax forms. She claims if all of the partner donations showed up on their tax forms then their organization would have been around 70 cents on the dollar.

Me: More bullshit of using other people's money to justify their existence. At this point it doesn't even really matter what their cents on the dollar is, they exist solely to pass money to other charities while taking a percentage off the top and marketing Russell Wilson's image. It's a glorified non-profit publicity firm who does no actual work in the community themselves. They receive money, then sign checks to other charities that actually do work and smile for the camera as they pass off the check as if they did something.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 2/10/2023 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FonjE5bWYAAgkoz?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FonjE5cWYAAF9M7?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote
That pretty much guarantees a KC victory.  ESPN is staffed with retards.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 12:19:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That pretty much guarantees a KC victory.  ESPN is staffed with retards.
View Quote

Dude, KC isn't even a contender this year.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Recent ESPN staff Super Bowl picks. Winning picks in Bold.

In 2013 the ESPN staff picked the Seahawks (52%) over the Broncos
In 2014 the ESPN staff picked the Seahawks (52%) over the Patriots
In 2015 the ESPN staff picked the Panthers (74%) over the Broncos
In 2016 the ESPN staff picked the Patriots (72%) over the Falcons
In 2017 the ESPN staff picked the Patriots (72%) over the Eagles
In 2018 the ESPN staff picked the Patriots (62%) over the Rams
In 2019 the ESPN staff picked the Chiefs (63%) over the 49ers
In 2020 the ESPN staff picked the Chiefs (75%) over the Bucs
In 2022 the ESPN staff picked the Rams (56%) over the Bengals

Edit: For the last 9 years:
They are 2-1 in "pick-em" games (less than 60%).
They are 2-0 in games in which they are firm on a winner (60-70%).
They are 1-3 in games in which they are certain of a winner (over 70%).

If that history holds true, it means their Eagles pick is gonna be a winner. Which is gonna suck. But I feel like this Super Bowl is gonna suck no-matter who wins.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Overall, pretty weak for the 1st timers, which should allow them to get more of the deserving back-logged players in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Peppers is a decent choice.

I think Gates might have a case.

Seabass was the first name I zeroed in on, but he's a kicker, and he played in overlapping eras with Vinatieri and Tucker which makes his case harder, I think.

Jamaal Charles is basically the opposite of Frank Gore. Not good durability/longevity, but he played at a level we had never seen before.

Link Posted: 2/10/2023 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Unless the Colts take Bieniemy, they're most likely going to hire Jeff Saturday.

Link Posted: 2/10/2023 1:01:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 2/10/2023 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Russell Wilson's Why Not You Foundation is speaking out again against the recent USA Today report. Executive Director Shayla Tait says the report is misleading because it focuses on 2020 and 2021 (24.3 cents) when they had a lot of events cancelled due to Covid. She goes on to say that a lot of donations are not shown on their organizations 990 tax forms because it went on their partners tax forms.

Example: They partnered up with Safeway to donate money to the Seattle's Children Hospital and that donation was credited on Safeway's 990 tax forms. She claims if all of the partner donations showed up on their tax forms then their organization would have been around 70 cents on the dollar.

Me: More bullshit of using other people's money to justify their existence. At this point it doesn't even really matter what their cents on the dollar is, they exist solely to pass money to other charities while taking a percentage off the top and marketing Russell Wilson's image. It's a glorified non-profit publicity firm who does no actual work in the community themselves. They receive money, then sign checks to other charities that actually do work and smile for the camera as they pass off the check as if they did something.
View Quote

Honestly that makes me loathe it even more.

Wilson is nothing but an advertiser. Which is fine, but don’t pretend your charity is your focus.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 1:39:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

KC hosts the 2023 draft? is that something they're building?
View All Quotes

The draft is at Union Station in KC.

This is what it looks like normally:

They routinely light the station up different colors and hang Chiefs or Royals banners over the windows.

They did the pop-up screens for the 2015 World Series and SB LIV parades.

They've never done a stage that big before.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://eatkc.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Union-Station-1024x683.jpg

They routinely light the station up different colors and hang Chiefs or Royals banners over the windows.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm half tempted to go.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Seabass was the first name I zeroed in on, but he's a kicker, and he played in overlapping eras with Vinatieri and Tucker which makes his case harder, I think.

Jamaal Charles is basically the opposite of Frank Gore. Not good durability/longevity, but he played at a level we had never seen before.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fonjr1cWYAE7S7i?format=jpg&name=small
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was basically my assessment of this class as well.

Eric Berry was the only other name standing out but I'm not as familiar with his career.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 1:52:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm half tempted to go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm half tempted to go.

I'll make a business decision based on weather, parking, and whatever admissions shenanigans they have going on. And I guess who else might want to go with me.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 1:59:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Eric Berry was the only other name standing out but I'm not as familiar with his career.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eric Berry's jersey is the only Chiefs jersey I've ever bought. Seeing him level a Broncos player after his return from Hodgkins Lymphoma got me a little bit dusty. lol

3x All Pro, 5x Pro Bowl, Comeback Player of the Year after a fight with cancer, and he was named to the 2010s All Decade team.

Fun Fact: Eric Berry is the first player to ever intercept a 2 point conversion and run it back to score.

Was he a great player? Yes.

Does he belong in the HoF? I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jamal Charles was lightning in a bottle But I never would consider him a hall of famer. His peak was far too short. Eric Berry was a pretty good safety for decent amount of time, but I'm not sure I consider him a legit candidate either. The only 2 names on that list That I think are Legit candidates Would be Julius peppers and sea bass.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#30]

lol
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 2:36:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 2/10/2023 2:48:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

How many tens of millions of dollars do the Cardinals still owe him?

It seems kinda weird he would sign on to be an assistant coach for someone else a few months after being fired.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It seems kinda weird he would sign on to be an assistant coach for someone else a few months after being fired.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most of these dudes don't want to be away from the game.

Flying to Thailand with a smoking hot girlfriend and millions of dollars in the bank obviously sounds like a good time, but I would reckon most guys with professional drive would get bored eventually.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Flying to Thailand with a smoking hot girlfriend and millions of dollars in the bank obviously sounds like a good time, but I would reckon most guys with professional drive would get bored eventually.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t think it’s kinda weird him getting back into coaching a few months after getting fired.  I think it’s kinda weird him signing up to be an assistant coach under a first time HC a few months after getting fired.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#35]

Better than I expected.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Not sure if mentioned, but here it is in case it wasn't. Biden will not be giving a Super Bowl pre-game interview which has been customarily performed by the Super Bowl hosting network.

Reading between the lines, FOX wanted to have one of their FOX News hosts perform the interview, Biden wanted to have the interview down strictly on FOX's "Fox Soul", which is a black audience targeted streaming only network. FOX declined and now the White House is saying FOX "cancelled" the pre-Super Bowl interview since they refused to do it on Fox Soul.

Link Posted: 2/10/2023 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don’t think it’s kinda weird him getting back into coaching a few months after getting fired.  I think it’s kinda weird him signing up to be an assistant coach under a first time HC a few months after getting fired.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was as of Feb 1 and is not completely accurate anymore:

Dallas hired Brian Schottenheimer.

Rumor is the Ravens, Titans, and WTF are all waiting for a shot at Bieniemy if he doesn't get the Colts HC job.

That leaves the Panthers, Broncos, Texans, Bucs and two teams that haven't hired HCs yet.

There's also the issue of how many of these teams are even interested in Kingsbury?

Rookie HC is one thing, but I can think of worse places to go than a team with a pile of assets that's kicking off the fun part of a major rebuild.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 3:57:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Eric Berry's jersey is the only Chiefs jersey I've ever bought. Seeing him level a Broncos player after his return from Hodgkins Lymphoma got me a little bit dusty. lol

3x All Pro, 5x Pro Bowl, Comeback Player of the Year after a fight with cancer, and he was named to the 2010s All Decade team.

Fun Fact: Eric Berry is the first player to ever intercept a 2 point conversion and run it back to score.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, that's where I'm at. Just didn't watch him enough to really judge him against his possible HoF peers.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not sure if mentioned, but here it is in case it wasn't. Biden will not be giving a Super Bowl pre-game interview which has been customarily performed by the Super Bowl hosting network.

Reading between the lines, FOX wanted to have one of their FOX News hosts perform the interview, Biden wanted to have the interview down strictly on FOX's "Fox Soul", which is a black audience targeted streaming only network. FOX declined and now the White House is saying FOX "cancelled" the pre-Super Bowl interview since they refused to do it on Fox Soul.

View Quote

Yep, that sounds like a Democrat
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe they could score an interview with Fetterman from his hospital bed and find out if he knows the Eagles are in the SB.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Well THAT was fucking quick. Michael Irvin has filed a $100M lawsuit against Marriott and the woman who accused him of misconduct last weekend.

Former Cowboys wide receiver Michael Irvin is seeking more than $100 million in damages after he says Marriott International and a female employee in Phoenix defamed him and wrongfully interfered with a business relationship, the results of which included several canceled media appearances tied to Sunday's Super Bowl.

In phone interviews this week, Irvin and the witnesses described a conversation between Irvin and the woman lasting no longer than a minute. Irvin said he shook hands with the woman during their talk and walked alone to his room.

According to the lawsuit, Irvin was "shockingly woken up by a crew of security" and removed from the property "without any explanation or questions." It also states a hotel manager contacted the NFL and informed the league Irvin had been accused of improper behavior. The lawsuit accuses the manager, when doing so, of trying to have Irvin "canceled."

In response to the misconduct accusation, NFL Media canceled all of Irvin's subsequent Super Bowl-week appearances. ESPN followed course, canceling a Friday guest appearance on First Take, a sports debate show.

"Plaintiff's representatives have reached out to the hotel and even met in person to obtain clarity about this situation and provide witnesses and resolve this matter before Plaintiff's reputation could be damaged any further - but to no avail," the lawsuit said.

There are three independent witnesses who have no affiliation with Irvin who witnessed the conversation between Irvin and the female hotel employee and are listed in the lawsuit and have provided statements in Irvin's defense.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It would have been sweeter if it was a couple years ago when he was still alive. He retired 40 years ago. Still has the 5th most interceptions.
View Quote

He should have been inducted long ago.
He was a QB in college, and never played corner until he was drafted. 15 years and 65 interceptions is quite the accomplishment. I wonder how good he would have been as a QB?
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well THAT was fucking quick. Michael Irvin has filed a $100M lawsuit against Marriott and the woman who accused him of misconduct last weekend.

Former Cowboys wide receiver Michael Irvin is seeking more than $100 million in damages after he says Marriott International and a female employee in Phoenix defamed him and wrongfully interfered with a business relationship, the results of which included several canceled media appearances tied to Sunday's Super Bowl.

In phone interviews this week, Irvin and the witnesses described a conversation between Irvin and the woman lasting no longer than a minute. Irvin said he shook hands with the woman during their talk and walked alone to his room.

According to the lawsuit, Irvin was "shockingly woken up by a crew of security" and removed from the property "without any explanation or questions." It also states a hotel manager contacted the NFL and informed the league Irvin had been accused of improper behavior. The lawsuit accuses the manager, when doing so, of trying to have Irvin "canceled."

In response to the misconduct accusation, NFL Media canceled all of Irvin's subsequent Super Bowl-week appearances. ESPN followed course, canceling a Friday guest appearance on First Take, a sports debate show.

"Plaintiff's representatives have reached out to the hotel and even met in person to obtain clarity about this situation and provide witnesses and resolve this matter before Plaintiff's reputation could be damaged any further - but to no avail," the lawsuit said.

There are three independent witnesses who have no affiliation with Irvin who witnessed the conversation between Irvin and the female hotel employee and are listed in the lawsuit and have provided statements in Irvin's defense.
View Quote

Not an Irvin fan but if it went down like he says I hope he breaks it off in them and her. Cancel culture is cancer.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 5:05:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#46]

That's Quez Watkins, Philly WR.
On the season he has 33 receptions for 354 yards and 3 TDs.
Against the 9ers he was targeted once on 42 offensive snaps, 0 receptions.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 6:21:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Recent ESPN staff Super Bowl picks. Winning picks in Bold.

In 2013 the ESPN staff picked the Seahawks (52%) over the Broncos
In 2014 the ESPN staff picked the Seahawks (52%) over the Patriots
In 2015 the ESPN staff picked the Panthers (74%) over the Broncos
In 2016 the ESPN staff picked the Patriots (72%) over the Falcons
In 2017 the ESPN staff picked the Patriots (72%) over the Eagles
In 2018 the ESPN staff picked the Patriots (62%) over the Rams
In 2019 the ESPN staff picked the Chiefs (63%) over the 49ers
In 2020 the ESPN staff picked the Chiefs (75%) over the Bucs
In 2022 the ESPN staff picked the Rams (56%) over the Bengals

Edit: For the last 9 years:
They are 2-1 in "pick-em" games (less than 60%).
They are 2-0 in games in which they are firm on a winner (60-70%).
They are 1-3 in games in which they are certain of a winner (over 70%).

If that history holds true, it means their Eagles pick is gonna be a winner. Which is gonna suck. But I feel like this Super Bowl is gonna suck no-matter who wins.
View Quote

This should be a great matchup, why is everyone so down on it?

Tough crowd.

See Matt Hasselbecks prediction, that's almost exactly what I'm thinking.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jamaal Who?

Link Posted: 2/10/2023 6:27:59 PM EDT
[#49]
When I open up a sportsbook account, first bet is Janikowski for the HOF for shits and giggles ( do they offer prop bets on HOF?) Nah, they shouldn't no way that could get rigged.

Best between Fan Drool or Draft Kangs?

Rounders - Pay that man his money

Link Posted: 2/10/2023 6:57:18 PM EDT
[#50]
did we do this one yet???

Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top