Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Russell Wilson's Why Not You Foundation released a statement defending its practices.

"Since founding the Why Not You Foundation in 2014, we've been blessed and fortunate to partner with incredible organizations to maximize our impact. We've successfully partnered to deliver over $13,000,000 benefiting education, pediatric cancer research and hunger prevention. One of the most rewarding parts over the years is seeing the smiling faces of the children and families we meet as they overcome life's obstacles."

"While the foundation raises funds and provides grants and gifts, our partnerships have allowed for more direct delivery and impact. Our dynamic partnerships allow for Russell and Ciara to give their time, passion, and ideas and raise awareness for causes in intimate and hands-on settings and events."

Worth pointing out that Russ won Walter Payton Man of the Year in 2020...

One of the notes in the report was that Ryan Tarpley was hired at a $209k salary and reported to work 40 hours a week for the foundation, but he is simultaneously working directly for Ciara and Wilson in the "Wilson Family Office" which raises the question of whether Wilson's non-profit charity is being used to directly pay for his own personal employee.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russ is quickly winning over Denver:

Russell Wilson's Why Not You Foundation released a statement defending its practices.

"Since founding the Why Not You Foundation in 2014, we've been blessed and fortunate to partner with incredible organizations to maximize our impact. We've successfully partnered to deliver over $13,000,000 benefiting education, pediatric cancer research and hunger prevention. One of the most rewarding parts over the years is seeing the smiling faces of the children and families we meet as they overcome life's obstacles."

"While the foundation raises funds and provides grants and gifts, our partnerships have allowed for more direct delivery and impact. Our dynamic partnerships allow for Russell and Ciara to give their time, passion, and ideas and raise awareness for causes in intimate and hands-on settings and events."

Worth pointing out that Russ won Walter Payton Man of the Year in 2020...

USA Today quoted an expert saying such a statement is "marketing fluff" to rationalize that less than half of the $7.5 million the foundation reported it raised in its first eight years through 2021 had gone directly to charity.

USA Today reported that of that money, $2.8 million, or 39.6 cents of every dollar spent, "has gone to charitable activities, all as grants to other nonprofits." The remaining $4.2 million "has paid for fundraising, administrative and management expenses, including the salaries of three employees, who have received $1.9 million combined."

USA Today further reported that in 2020, "three of its employees were paid $441,000 combined" and quoted Andrew Morton, a nonprofit oversight attorney, as saying that if the foundation is challenged "there is 'high probability' the IRS could conclude the salaries constitute excess benefit transactions and levy substantial penalties."

Morton also called the salaries "startling" for a nonprofit whose expenses are in the $1 million-$5 million range annually.

One of the notes in the report was that Ryan Tarpley was hired at a $209k salary and reported to work 40 hours a week for the foundation, but he is simultaneously working directly for Ciara and Wilson in the "Wilson Family Office" which raises the question of whether Wilson's non-profit charity is being used to directly pay for his own personal employee.

Some amount is warranted for advertising, marketing, administrative costs.

Some salary is due to competent people running these charities and handling millions.

60% is disgusting.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Some salary is due to competent people running these charities and handling millions.

60% is disgusting.
View Quote
I'm sure it's probably much more common than I know, but I found it interesting that it is a non-profit whose sole charitable actions is giving to other non-profits.

So Wilson's charity is giving less than 40 cents of every dollar they receive, and they are giving it all to other non-profits who also have overhead/expenses. So that 40 cents is then being diluted down even further by the next non-profit in the chain yeah? If the next charity is 50-50, then that 40 cents is getting cut down to 20 cents.

Just an incredibly inefficient use of resources. Just charities funding themselves and then funding others who are funding themselves. Jobs for the sake of having jobs that produce little if anything. Send $100 to Russ and MAYBE $20 will find it's way to doing something helpful for someone down the chain.

Why would anyone want to give money to an organization like that?
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#3]

In the pictures - snapped just minutes after Davis allegedly rammed his ride into the back of a Toyota truck in Broward County, Fla. - you can see Davis appeared to be unconscious on the pavement.

Wearing a mint-green corduroy set with his shoes still on, the 34-year-old former Indianapolis Colts defensive back was balled up with his head laying in his hands and his eyes closed.

A witness tells us that even as people moved around him - including first responders, a clean-up crew and police - Davis remained fast asleep ... until cops woke him up and put him in a squad car.
View Quote

15 years in the NFL. Over $50M in career earnings... Drunkely crashes a car that is capable of driving it's fucking self.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 1:33:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Russ is quickly winning over Denver:

lol
View Quote

What a POS.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 1:36:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1623418382698655745/4lA8B47h?format=jpg&name=small

15 years in the NFL. Over $50M in career earnings... Drunkely crashes a car that is capable of driving it's fucking self.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1623418382698655745/4lA8B47h?format=jpg&name=small

In the pictures - snapped just minutes after Davis allegedly rammed his ride into the back of a Toyota truck in Broward County, Fla. - you can see Davis appeared to be unconscious on the pavement.

Wearing a mint-green corduroy set with his shoes still on, the 34-year-old former Indianapolis Colts defensive back was balled up with his head laying in his hands and his eyes closed.

A witness tells us that even as people moved around him - including first responders, a clean-up crew and police - Davis remained fast asleep ... until cops woke him up and put him in a squad car.

Day drinking gone wrong. Hope nobody was injured or killed. Piece of shit.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I’m not going to make excuses for drunks, but there’s a VERY real chance that the Tesla’s systems contributed to this crash.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I’m not going to make excuses for drunks, but there’s a VERY real chance that the Tesla’s systems contributed to this crash.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am sure his lawyer will claim exactly that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm not going to make excuses for drunks, but there's a VERY real chance that the Tesla's systems contributed to this crash.
View Quote

How so? Car drove him to the bar to get shitfaced?
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Look man I hate EV's more than anyone else, but if he's sleeping that whole time while they're hauling everything off, he was probably pretty lit.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not going to make excuses for drunks, but there's a VERY real chance that the Tesla's systems contributed to this crash.

The short version is, Tesla has misrepresented the real world capabilities of their self driving systems leading drivers to have unrealistic expectations, and even within the capabilities the cars do have, malfunctions are common.

He had no business being behind the wheel, and he gets no excuses for that, but it’s entirely possible he thought his Tesla would get him home automagically.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm sure it's probably much more common than I know, but I found it interesting that it is a non-profit whose sole charitable actions is giving to other non-profits.

So Wilson's charity is giving less than 40 cents of every dollar they receive, and they are giving it all to other non-profits who also have overhead/expenses. So that 40 cents is then being diluted down even further by the next non-profit in the chain yeah? If the next charity is 50-50, then that 40 cents is getting cut down to 20 cents.

Just an incredibly inefficient use of resources. Just charities funding themselves and then funding others who are funding themselves. Jobs for the sake of having jobs that produce little if anything. Send $100 to Russ and MAYBE $20 will find it's way to doing something helpful for someone down the chain.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

60% is disgusting.

A lot of celebrity or sports charities like this operate the same way. They are borderline scams meant to get their friends and family members money.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 6:36:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

A lot of celebrity or sports charities like this operate the same way. They are borderline scams meant to get their friends and family members money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

60% is disgusting.

Always check to see how much of each dollar goes to the actual people it says they are trying to help vs administration costs. Not hard to find out and quite eye opening for these "legal charity scams".
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#13]
When are the HOF inductees announced?

Zack better not get robbed again.

Link Posted: 2/9/2023 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

No worse than churches. Most are just tax free binnesses.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
When are the HOF inductees announced?
View Quote
Couple hours.

It's during the NFL Honors.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
"Broncos country, let's defraud."
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Brett Favre has filed a lawsuit accusing Mississippi state auditor Shad White of defamation. The lawsuit claims Shad White "has carried out an outrageous media campaign of malicious and false accusations against Brett Favre in a brazen attempt to leverage the media attention generated by Favre's celebrity to further his own political career."

Shad White is accused of "shamelessly and falsely attacking Favre's good name" to gain attention for himself, "including appearances on television shows on CNN and HBO, a popular ESPN podcast, as well as interviews for print and online media. None of these national media outlets would have paid White the slightest attention had he not been attacking Favre."
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 8:16:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Brett Favre has filed a lawsuit accusing Mississippi state auditor Shad White of defamation. The lawsuit claims Shad White "has carried out an outrageous media campaign of malicious and false accusations against Brett Favre in a brazen attempt to leverage the media attention generated by Favre's celebrity to further his own political career."

Shad White is accused of "shamelessly and falsely attacking Favre's good name" to gain attention for himself, "including appearances on television shows on CNN and HBO, a popular ESPN podcast, as well as interviews for print and online media. None of these national media outlets would have paid White the slightest attention had he not been attacking Favre."
View Quote

He’s also suing Pat McAfee and Shannon Sharpe. lol
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Based on the little bit I looked into this at the start of things, I'd say his argument holds water...
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Based on the little bit I looked into this at the start of things, I'd say his argument holds water...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I find it odd that if fraud of the magnitude being thrown around is accurate action would have been taken a long time ago. Accusations have kind of swirled around for a really long time.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I find it odd that if fraud of the magnitude being thrown around is accurate action would have been taken a long time ago. Accusations have kind of swirled around for a really long time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 2/9/2023 10:31:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 2/9/2023 10:58:41 PM EDT
[#25]

That's a good one.

Pederson is a bit low in the voting considering what the Jags were last season, though.

And Shanahan is too high. The 49ers had the best roster in the NFL outside of QB.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:07:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:16:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:17:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That's a good one.

Pederson is a bit low in the voting considering what the Jags were last season, though.

And Shanahan is too high. The 49ers had the best roster in the NFL outside of QB.
View Quote

Yeah don't get that voting. Jags had a huge year compared to the shitshow they went through
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:33:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:46:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Thomas got in!!!! About fucking time!

Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:47:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:47:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cool. If I recall Jim Brown averaged 6.4 YPC over his best season and 5.8 ypc for his career. That's getting it done.

Running backs are getting the shaft in today's NFL both in contracts and % of plays.

It used to be a Barry Sanders could win you a lot of games, now teams just look for replacement-level RBs.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:53:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Super happy for Zach. My all time favorite Dolphins player. Long overdue!

Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:56:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not much of a contest this year.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:57:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

+700 cashes.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:58:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 12:02:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

+700 cashes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+700 cashes.

Nice. The odds were

Makes it even smarter.

Pay that man his money.

Link Posted: 2/10/2023 12:10:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good players but pass at first look. Maybe Janikowski, it could be argued he revolutionized the kicking game.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 12:13:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Two class acts, there.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 12:50:02 AM EDT
[#44]

WTF fans might be the real winners of the season here.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 1:06:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Two class acts, there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two class acts, there.

Link Posted: 2/10/2023 1:08:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Nice to see the Rattler made it in.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 1:38:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Still bunch of Steel Curtain players need to get in and some newer players.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 3:59:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/10/2023 4:35:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too bad he is not on a contending team this year.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 4:38:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoUt3ZNXsAEmXQo?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoUuEr5XoAExTOF?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoUuSvjXoAMvJMg?format=jpg&name=large

WTF fans might be the real winners of the season here.
View Quote

That is super gaudy
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top