Page / 647
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 2/21/2023 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I’d be happy with a longterm overpriced deal with Jones, but a longterm overpriced deal with Barkley on top on that would be fantastic.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 2/21/2023 11:22:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I’d be happy with a longterm overpriced deal with Jones, but a longterm overpriced deal with Barkley on top on that would be fantastic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate to disappoint you, but I think the new leadership in the NYG are going to be smarter than that.

You can dream, though.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 8:39:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I hate to disappoint you, but I think the new leadership in the NYG are going to be smarter than that.

You can dream, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can dream, though.

They should put the non exclusive tag on him and see if any team wants to sacrifice 2 first round picks for him. When the answer comes back as a "no" maybe that will bring the negations back to reality. All these "middling" QB's getting top tier money do nothing to help a team's SB chances.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Chargers...

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:59:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#13]

I’d say he has a similar shot at that as Trey Lance.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#14]
We are gonna be good.

Bear Down Chicago Bears (fight song) lyrics.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They should put the non exclusive tag on him and see if any team wants to sacrifice 2 first round picks for him. When the answer comes back as a "no" maybe that will bring the negations back to reality. All these "middling" QB's getting top tier money do nothing to help a team's SB chances.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:53:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Chargers...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FpjLwt4XEAAmt5E?format=jpg&name=small

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/evil-smile-gif-3.gif
View Quote

Interesting, but not as interesting as a man named Forest Lamp
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chargers...

I'm not sure what the takeaway is from observation. The guy sucks at drafting? But the good news is he quickly moves on from his mistakes?

Or is it more of a team-building problem? Some of the guys they let out the door have found decent success elsewhere but I'm not sure if I see a pro-bowl guy on that list.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:13:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:23:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm not sure what the takeaway is from observation. The guy sucks at drafting? But the good news is he quickly moves on from his mistakes?

Or is it more of a team-building problem? Some of the guys they let out the door have found decent success elsewhere but I'm not sure if I see a pro-bowl guy on that list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chargers...

Not sure what they are trying to imply with that.

Historically only 30% of first round picks get second contracts - which is right in line with his choices as far as the first round goes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Value.

You have to spend the draft picks, but you don't have to pay up on the 2nd contract. The vast majority of dudes looking for a 2nd contract want more than they're worth...
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:44:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chargers...

A little column A, a little column B.

I'd put it like this: In a standard draft, you get 7 picks not including trades or comp picks. I would consider a draft class to be "good" if you got one very good starter (pro bowl-ish), two additional quality starter/rotational guys, a depth/ST kind of guy, and anything after that is a bonus.

There are 44 players here. Basically, 6 years worth of draft classes. And out of those 6 years, they only chose to retain 5 guys at any level? That's nutty.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'd put it like this: In a standard draft, you get 7 picks not including trades or comp picks. I would consider a draft class to be "good" if you got one very good starter (pro bowl-ish), two additional quality starter/rotational guys, a depth/ST kind of guy, and anything after that is a bonus.

There are 44 players here. Basically, 6 years worth of draft classes. And out of those 6 years, they only chose to retain 5 guys at any level? That's nutty.
View Quote

Just because he's not giving them second contracts doesn't mean he's not hitting on the picks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:00:35 PM EDT
[#23]
A previously known video of Alvin Kamara, discussing the beating of a man in Vegas, has now been released. The video is from the interior of a SUV/Limo service. The SUV was transporting all 4 accused as well as several women after the assault. Kamara, seated behind the driver can be heard saying, "I connected with the [expletive]'s jaw so hard."

"Alvin, you trippin' bro," Darrin Christopher Young said in the video. "You can't be in the doing that. The wrong [expletive] gets you - there will be a lawsuit."

News site hosting the video: Link
News site hosting a couple of the previously released assault videos: Link
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A previously known video of Alvin Kamara, discussing the beating of a man in Vegas, has now been released. The video is from the interior of a SUV/Limo service. The SUV was transporting all 4 accused as well as several women after the assault. Kamara, seated behind the driver can be heard saying, "I connected with the [expletive]'s jaw so hard."

"Alvin, you trippin' bro," Darrin Christopher Young said in the video. "You can't be in the doing that. The wrong [expletive] gets you - there will be a lawsuit."

View Quote
Should never have seen the field after the incident.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:05:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Should never have seen the field after the incident.
View Quote
Usually a public video is good enough to get the NFL to drop the whole, "wait until after criminal charges" bullshit, not this time apparently. If Kamara had hit a woman on video? He would already be out of the league.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

He's pretty fortunate the beatdown videos got locked up for over a year and he got to play last season.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thats rich.. Considering the dude was chained down the whole season. He may have had 4, 500 yrds for the whole year... He was literally a ghost collecting a paycheck. And Im SO glad we cut lose of Taylor Lewan. Dude was hurt all the time
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Usually a public video is good enough to get the NFL to drop the whole, "wait until after criminal charges" bullshit, not this time apparently. If Kamara had hit a woman on video? He would already be out of the league.
View Quote

No, the NFL already decided that the going rate was 1 game for every 5 women beat/assaulted/groped/whatever
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Shit, I'm agreeing with a damn Cowboys fan
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#31]

I wonder if this is by the same people who did Drive to Survive and Full Swing (the F1 and PGA documentary/follow/profiles that have been popular on Netflix).

Edit: Not same group. It is from NFL Films, Pat Mahomes' own production company (2PM) and Peyton Manning is an executive producer (Omaha Productions).

Netflix is also releasing sports docuseries for the Tour de France, FIFA World Cup and one on rugby.

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I wonder if this is by the same people who did Drive to Survive and Full Swing (the F1 and PGA documentary/follow/profiles that have been popular on Netflix).

Edit: Not same group. It is from NFL Films, Pat Mahomes' own production company (2PM) and Peyton Manning is an executive producer (Omaha Productions).

Netflix is also releasing sports docuseries for the Tour de France, FIFA World Cup and one on rugby.

View Quote

Drive to Survive has been such a huge success for F1, I’m not surprised to see everyone else wanting to get it on that game.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Just because he's not giving them second contracts doesn't mean he's not hitting on the picks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not 100% proof, but it's a really bad sign.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Front office line up and give him BJs as well?

I hope the Jets sign Carr to a MASSIVE, fully guaranteed contract!
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 2/23/2023 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#38]

Oopsies.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

This, and before GROOT gets his deal.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 12:15:21 PM EDT
[#40]
They found Rodgers' hole. Via ESPN:

Scott Berman is the owner of Sky Cave, a darkness retreat facility on hundreds of forested acres in southern Oregon. Berman said the room in which Rodgers spent his time is a partially underground, Hobbit-like structure with 300 square feet of space, devoid of light, with a queen bed, a bathroom and a meditation-like mat on the floor. It is fully powered, so at any point, the lights can be turned on from inside the room.

The retreat has three dark rooms and is booked for the next 18 months, Berman said, with a waitlist in the hundreds. Seven more rooms are planned to help accommodate the demand.

Colin O'Brady, an endurance athlete who has summited Mount Everest twice, crossed Antarctica solo and finished the "Explorer's Grand Slam" in record-breaking time, completed an eight-day, seven-night darkness retreat earlier this month and stayed in the same room as the one Rodgers occupied.

A self-described extrovert, O'Brady said the darkness was a chance to rest, reset and refocus.

"People always ask me what's more important, the physical or the mental side of that?" he said. "If you take my first solo crossing of Antarctica ... to be able to pull a 375-pound sled, one mile, let alone a thousand miles, there's a minimum physical requirement for that.

"So of course, I train my body to get stronger to sustain the physical challenge of that. But I often say the physical side of that is just the table stakes. There are a lot of people that could pull that sled a certain amount of distance, but that basically just gets you to the starting line."

"I'm always looking for ways to tap into the power of my mind," he said, "and I thought the exercise of being alone in the dark would really be advantageous in a number of ways, emotionally, spiritually."
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Scott Berman is the owner of Sky Cave, a darkness retreat facility on hundreds of forested acres in southern Oregon. Berman said the room in which Rodgers spent his time is a partially underground, Hobbit-like structure with 300 square feet of space, devoid of light, with a queen bed, a bathroom and a meditation-like mat on the floor. It is fully powered, so at any point, the lights can be turned on from inside the room.

The retreat has three dark rooms and is booked for the next 18 months, Berman said, with a waitlist in the hundreds. Seven more rooms are planned to help accommodate the demand.

https://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2023%2F0222%2Fr1134955_1216x1216cc.jpg&w=570&format=jpg

https://a2.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2023%2F0222%2Fr1134956_6000x4000cc.jpg&w=570&format=jpg

Colin O'Brady, an endurance athlete who has summited Mount Everest twice, crossed Antarctica solo and finished the "Explorer's Grand Slam" in record-breaking time, completed an eight-day, seven-night darkness retreat earlier this month and stayed in the same room as the one Rodgers occupied.

A self-described extrovert, O'Brady said the darkness was a chance to rest, reset and refocus.

"People always ask me what's more important, the physical or the mental side of that?" he said. "If you take my first solo crossing of Antarctica ... to be able to pull a 375-pound sled, one mile, let alone a thousand miles, there's a minimum physical requirement for that.

"So of course, I train my body to get stronger to sustain the physical challenge of that. But I often say the physical side of that is just the table stakes. There are a lot of people that could pull that sled a certain amount of distance, but that basically just gets you to the starting line."

"I'm always looking for ways to tap into the power of my mind," he said, "and I thought the exercise of being alone in the dark would really be advantageous in a number of ways, emotionally, spiritually."
View Quote

Nice racket. To each their own but its amazing what people with a lot of (too much?) money can spend it on.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Nice racket. To each their own but its amazing what people with a lot of (too much?) money can spend it on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2023%2F0222%2Fr1134955_1216x1216cc.jpg&w=570&format=jpg

https://a2.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2023%2F0222%2Fr1134956_6000x4000cc.jpg&w=570&format=jpg

Reminds me of that Cherokee Hair Tampons episode of South Park where the two Mexicans were selling overpriced random shit and the idiot townspeople were buying them up because they thought the Mexicans were Native American “healers.”
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Steelers hirer Aaron Curry as LB coach.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 12:36:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#45]
They don't have a reservation link anymore, which is not surprising if they are truly booked up for 18 months. I found some old information that says it was a little over $200 per night. They provide vegetarian food options once a day in the evening.

Edit: Not a bad little income for what looks like a small family run business. 3 holes, $200+ per night, booked solid, $600+ per day to hand people vegetables through a food slot in the door.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They don't have a reservation link anymore, which is not surprising if they are truly booked up for 18 months. I found some old information that says it was a little over $200 per night. They provide vegetarian food options once a day in the evening.

Edit: Not a bad little income for what looks like a small family run business. 3 holes, $200+ per night, booked solid, $600+ per day to hand people vegetables through a food slot in the door.
View Quote

Nicer than I had imagined. I envisioned a stark solitary confinement type room where he had to remember which corner he shat in last.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 2/23/2023 1:44:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People like pushing their limits, especially for an actual or perceived payoff.

Why do I go sit in a blizzard to hunt deer? I could be in my PJ'S next to a fireplace, sipping a drink, and ordering cheeseburgers on Doordash. Instead I'll be shivering on some ancient rickety deer stand with icicles hanging from my facial hair. Even without seeing a deer it's fun. Man vs nature.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 1:44:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Why do I go sit in a blizzard to hunt deer? I could be in my PJ'S next to a fireplace, sipping a drink, and ordering cheeseburgers on Doordash. Instead I'll be shivering on some ancient rickety deer stand with icicles hanging from my facial hair. Even without seeing a deer it's fun. Man vs nature.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or cola warrior.

Link Posted: 2/23/2023 2:02:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

“The lung stabber.”

I forgot about that. That was wild.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top