BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 647
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"Rodgers’ contract will be restructured if he returns, Gutekunst said." Only if Rodgers agrees to it. Packers are fucked and have no out on this contract if Rodgers refuses to retire. That money is coming one way or another.
View Quote

Starting with how they drafted Love, I am not sure if the Packers could have fucked up the handling of Rodgers any worse if they tried.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Didn't he score something like an 8 on the Wonderlic?
View Quote

Lower than Terry Bradshaw, Vince Young, Cam Newton, Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb...

The average quarterback scores 26.

The average janitor scores a 14.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

LJax gonna end up not getting paid and everyone will blame the racism against black QB's.
View Quote

Meanwhile, Dak got paid. As did Mahomes, Wilson, the butthole massager. What do they have in common?

They are not retarded like Lamar Jackson is.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:48:34 PM EDT
[#4]
The Eagles have submitted a proposal to the rules committee to allow the number "0" to be selected by players... Got nothing fucking better to do/work on?
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Brady's retired.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Brady's retired.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brady's retired.

He did that once before.

He changed his mind.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He did that once before.

He changed his mind.
View Quote

Do you think he will again?

He actually didn't play badly last year, the team around him kinda sucked.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He did that once before.

He changed his mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brady's retired.

He did that once before.

He changed his mind.

This time, he said "for good" and then submitted his retirement papers. He's done, bro.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
He officially recorded $40.4M

Per target: $434,408.60
Per reception: $939,534.88
Per drop: $8,080,000.00
Per receiving yard: $67,109.63
Per first down: $1,303,225.81
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Dilfer started all 4 playoff games in the postseason the Ravens won the Super Bowl.

Wentz didn't play a single down during the Eagles' entire postseason and there was a statue built outside the Linc of the QB who replaced him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup and Jason Garrett is a two time Super Bowl champion.

Look Dilfer has a damn ring. Bottom line the kid did alright for himself. Maybe not the career result he wanted, but he did ok to secure he and his families future.

Dilfer started all 4 playoff games in the postseason the Ravens won the Super Bowl.

Wentz didn't play a single down during the Eagles' entire postseason and there was a statue built outside the Linc of the QB who replaced him.

Gotta win in the regular season to get to the playoffs. Wentz did far more for the ring than Garret did for his, and you could argue Wentz was more important to their offense than Dilfer was to his. The only "what if" is if Foles could have had the same result starting the whole season, and based on the leagues perceptions of him I'm guessing they don't subscribe to the theory.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

the thing is, all the other bids are coming in lower than expected, somewhere between $5-$6 billion when Snyder was looking at $7-$9 when this rumor started kicking off.

the most credible reported bid seems to be from the Houston Rockets owner at about $5.5 billion. now, I don't care how much Snyder hates Bezos, I have a hard time believing Snyder would let that hate keep him from a couple billion. even the biggest of rich assholes don't want to lose money, especially billions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Via WaPo: Daniel Snyder's demands anger NFL owners, renew talk of voting him out
Click To View Spoiler
Snyder is “shutting out” Bezos in the sale process to this point, a person familiar with the situation said, confirming reports by the New York Post and the Athletic. Snyder has “rebuffed every effort” by Bezos to move forward toward purchasing the team, according to that person, who said Snyder is acting “out of spite” because of Bezos’s ownership of The Post. It is not clear whether Snyder’s approach represents a final decision or posturing as part of a negotiating strategy.

Sticking right in line with those rumors I previously reported. Looking more and more like Snyder is going to refuse to sell and the league will have to kick him out if they want him gone.

Well he could sell to someone else? I think the only reason the Broncos HAD to sell to the highest bidder was because of the way their ownership was structured, I remember reading something about that.

the thing is, all the other bids are coming in lower than expected, somewhere between $5-$6 billion when Snyder was looking at $7-$9 when this rumor started kicking off.

the most credible reported bid seems to be from the Houston Rockets owner at about $5.5 billion. now, I don't care how much Snyder hates Bezos, I have a hard time believing Snyder would let that hate keep him from a couple billion. even the biggest of rich assholes don't want to lose money, especially billions.

I'm also guessing Synder wouldn't leave billions on the table just to snub Bezos, but I'm also guessing Bezos wouldn't offer billions more than other bidders if he doesn't HAVE to convince Synder to accept his bid even though Synder doesn't like Bezos & wants to big dick him.

If he only outbid the others by a couple hundred mil? I could see it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:03:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wouldn't expect anything less from that organization.  Hey let's work with this Howell guy and see what he can do and maybe build a team around him. Nah screw that let's bring in another washed up QB in and pay him lots of money. That's the ticket!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:08:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Victoria Russell, a former NFL HR employee has filed an employment discrimination lawsuit that claims that NFL Films keeps photos of women in its archive with sexual descriptions.

Says that during an audit, she found "a chat room log tracking timestamps on NFL footage and linking the timestamps to sexualized and offensive descriptions of women captured on that footage." Phrases included: cheerleaders buttocks, cheerleaders rear end, female fan in bikini top, naughty camera work, close up of cheerleaders breasts, cleavage shot, shot of endowed woman and random woman cleavage shot.

In total she reported there were around 14 pages of sexually degrading remarks about women.

NFL Spokesperson Brian McCarthy responded, "Those frames are logged as 'sensitive' so that they can be removed from circulation, meaning they will not be accessible to employees whose job it is to locate footage for productions. Ms. Russell didn't have credentials for the logging system, nor did any aspect of her responsibilities involve accessing footage."

Russell's lawsuit, meanwhile, was filed after she alleges she was fired six months after being promoted while she was pregnant without any warnings about her performance. She claims she was denied a dedicated workplace, pay raises and advancement opportunities, according to the WSJ. Her contract as a temporary employee through an agency wasn't renewed, per the WSJ.

So she wasn't actually fired... She signed on as a temp and her contract wasn't renewed. Meanwhile she was logging into systems she didn't have access to and were outside her employment scope. The photo/video labels seem to be just descriptions of why they are marked sensitive and not to be re-used in any NFL Films projects. Not sure why "cheerleaders buttocks" would be a "sexualized and offensive description".
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:36:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Steelers need to dump Mitch and get Minshew or Heinicke.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Florio says LJax lost a major shoe endorsement deal because he didn't have an agent.
Such a putz. Even if he wants to try representing himself in the NFL, that doesn't mean he can't have a team to handle endorsements and sponsorships. Actively hurting himself. People think they are so smart because they do things themselves. A truly intelligent person surrounds themselves with people smarter than themselves. In Lamar's instance... That seemingly would be pretty easy to do.

I seem to remember it was really low for a qb.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

He hurt his back and it seems like, his play never reached the level of his first 2-3 seasons which were relatively elite-ish for a new QB.

Being in the Colts and Redskins systems did not help.

But as was said, $105M...he just has a brief chuckle at the haters.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How he has fell is still bizarre to me. He had the one season, had he not been hurt he would have been the league MVP. He didn't play in that SB, but they don't make the SB without him that year.

Wow.

He hurt his back and it seems like, his play never reached the level of his first 2-3 seasons which were relatively elite-ish for a new QB.

Being in the Colts and Redskins systems did not help.

But as was said, $105M...he just has a brief chuckle at the haters.

I think the success also went to his head.

Back injuries can really fuck with a lot of things.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I seem to remember it was really low for a qb human being.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Florio says LJax lost a major shoe endorsement deal because he didn't have an agent.
Such a putz. Even if he wants to try representing himself in the NFL, that doesn't mean he can't have a team to handle endorsements and sponsorships. Actively hurting himself. People think they are so smart because they do things themselves. A truly intelligent person surrounds themselves with people smarter than themselves. In Lamar's instance... That seemingly would be pretty easy to do.

I seem to remember it was really low for a qb human being.
Fixed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fixed.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Here's a fun analytics project looking at trends and tendencies of GMs in the draft: https://www.clevanalytics.com/gm-trends

There's an interesting table that looks at the ages and Relative Athletic Scores of the prospects GMs tend to take as well as an isolated sample for rounds 1-2.

There are also charts like this one for each GM:

And a little tidbit for anyone that gets nerdy with their gambling habits:

"Since RB Bijan Robinson is a hot name in many mock drafts, it’s interesting to take a look at some potential teams that are likely to have an interest or not. He is being mocked a lot to the Eagles, but as noted above, Howie invests a lot of round one capital on premium positions, which RB is not. I’d be stunned if Howie took him in the first round. Brandon Beane has also invested heavily in premium positions in the first round, so although the Bills have been heavily mocked for Bijan, they too would be a surprise based on history. Some teams in the Top 16 who are in the bottom half of Premium % in Rounds 1 & 2 like the Texans, Raiders (not in table), Falcons,  Patriots and Commanders could offer better prop value. In fact, my money will be on Martin Mayhew, Ron Rivera and Washington to select Bijan in round one. Mayhew ranks 24th among GMs in drafting premium positions in Round one and this fits right up he and Rivera’s alley."
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Fournette is only due another $2M, has $3M in bonus deadcap. Will only clear $3.5M in cap space, but will save them $5M in cash.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 3:54:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Victoria Russell, a former NFL HR employee has filed an employment discrimination lawsuit that claims that NFL Films keeps photos of women in its archive with sexual descriptions.

Says that during an audit, she found "a chat room log tracking timestamps on NFL footage and linking the timestamps to sexualized and offensive descriptions of women captured on that footage." Phrases included: cheerleaders buttocks, cheerleaders rear end, female fan in bikini top, naughty camera work, close up of cheerleaders breasts, cleavage shot, shot of endowed woman and random woman cleavage shot.

In total she reported there were around 14 pages of sexually degrading remarks about women.

NFL Spokesperson Brian McCarthy responded, "Those frames are logged as 'sensitive' so that they can be removed from circulation, meaning they will not be accessible to employees whose job it is to locate footage for productions. Ms. Russell didn't have credentials for the logging system, nor did any aspect of her responsibilities involve accessing footage."

Russell's lawsuit, meanwhile, was filed after she alleges she was fired six months after being promoted while she was pregnant without any warnings about her performance. She claims she was denied a dedicated workplace, pay raises and advancement opportunities, according to the WSJ. Her contract as a temporary employee through an agency wasn't renewed, per the WSJ.

So she wasn't actually fired... She signed on as a temp and her contract wasn't renewed. Meanwhile she was logging into systems she didn't have access to and were outside her employment scope. The photo/video labels seem to be just descriptions of why they are marked sensitive and not to be re-used in any NFL Films projects. Not sure why "cheerleaders buttocks" would be a "sexualized and offensive description".
View Quote

Yeah, but I bet they could add a subscription tier to NFL+ for those...
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I wouldn't expect anything less from that organization.  Hey let's work with this Howell guy and see what he can do and maybe build a team around him. Nah screw that let's bring in another washed up QB in and pay him lots of money. That's the ticket!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh, there’s a lot to criticize in Washington, I don’t think this is that bad an idea. I don't think they’re looking at Carr or Ryan
. Maybe Brisset or someone like that. Someone to help push Howell, not take his job.

Also, this org could trade four firsts for Rodgers so who fucking knows.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Fournette is only due another $2M, has $3M in bonus deadcap. Will only clear $3.5M in cap space, but will save them $5M in cash.
View Quote

I'm not sure "still only 28" applies to RBs.

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#25]

I think this marks the end of the major coaching position vacancies.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Lower than Terry Bradshaw, Vince Young, Cam Newton, Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb...

The average quarterback scores 26.

The average janitor scores a 14.
View Quote

I've read Vince Young holds the record for lowest score ever.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Gotta win in the regular season to get to the playoffs. Wentz did far more for the ring than Garret did for his, and you could argue Wentz was more important to their offense than Dilfer was to his. The only "what if" is if Foles could have had the same result starting the whole season, and based on the leagues perceptions of him I'm guessing they don't subscribe to the theory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup and Jason Garrett is a two time Super Bowl champion.

Look Dilfer has a damn ring. Bottom line the kid did alright for himself. Maybe not the career result he wanted, but he did ok to secure he and his families future.

Wow.  What an accomplishment.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I've read Vince Young holds the record for lowest score ever.
View Quote
You're right. He had the lowest score of a quarterback. Not sure why the list I was looking at had him at multiple scores. That was an error.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 7:25:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That playoff concussion from Jadaveon Clowney was probably the tipping point.

It’s a damn shame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How he has fell is still bizarre to me. He had the one season, had he not been hurt he would have been the league MVP. He didn't play in that SB, but they don't make the SB without him that year.

Wow.

It’s a damn shame.

Nah, marrying the crazy did it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Derrick Henry enters the chat
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

It’s a damn shame.

Is she crazy? The Fargoans I know say she’s a massive upgrade over the previous one.

Anyhow. I wish he was a lot better QB than he is now.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Is she crazy? The Fargoans I know say she’s a massive upgrade over the previous one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

It’s a damn shame.

Both can be true.  The previous one was the original Philly Special.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 7:53:37 PM EDT
[#34]
The Detroit Lions are hiring John Fox as a defensive consultant.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That playoff concussion from Jadaveon Clowney Taking himself out of a playoff game because of an unconfirmed "concussion" was probably the tipping point.

It’s a damn shame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

That playoff concussion from Jadaveon Clowney Taking himself out of a playoff game because of an unconfirmed "concussion" was probably the tipping point.

It’s a damn shame.

FIFY.

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

FIFY.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

It’s a damn shame.

FIFY.

I’m not aware of any evidence or motive to suggest he fabricated a concussion.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

It’s a damn shame.

FIFY.

He couldn't handle the pressure of trying to follow Nick Foles' historic postseason run so Wentz took the easy way out?

Also that would track with the reports Wentz is a shit leader disliked by his teammates.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He couldn't handle the pressure of trying to follow Nick Foles' historic postseason run so Wentz took the easy way out?

Also that would track with the reports Wentz is a shit leader disliked by his teammates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

It’s a damn shame.

FIFY.

Yeah I don’t find that persuasive.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#39]
It is the off-season.  

Two or three pages of you two bickering back and forth should be able to get us to the draft.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It is the off-season.  

Two or three pages of you two bickering back and forth should be able to get us to the draft.
View Quote

Please. There’s plenty of time for him to bait other people into dumb debates.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 9:13:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

FIFY.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

It's a damn shame.

FIFY.

He never has lived up to a contract.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Please. There's plenty of time for him to bait dumb people into dumb debates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is the off-season.  

Please. There's plenty of time for him to bait dumb people into dumb debates.
Don't take the bait.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is the off-season.  

Funny how in the past half decade the only 3+ month long period we've had in-season in which the NFL thread had no shit shows or thread-derailing heated arguments was during the months you were banned.  Just a coincidence, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

It's a damn shame.

FIFY.

Zero hindsight required on that one.

I was very worried the Eagles were going to do the smart thing and trade Wetnz for a couple of 1st rounders (at least) and then sign Foles to a team friendly deal.  Thankfully they did the stupid thing and gave Wentz the most, IIRC, guaranteed money in NFL history.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Funny how in the past half decade the only 3+ month long period we've had in-season in which the NFL thread had no shit shows or thread-derailing heated arguments was during the months you were banned.  Just a coincidence, I'm sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is the off-season.  

That’s a bizarrely specific stat.

Almost like you keep records about us to call up at a moment’s notice.

Nah that’s definitely not the case.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is the off-season.  

You get banned for 3 (or whatever) months and there wasn't so much as a heated argument in the NFL thread (during the season no less).  Then you return from your ban and the thread derailing shit shows magically start back.  It wasn't subtle.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You get banned for 3 (or whatever) months and there wasn't so much as a heated argument in the NFL thread (during the season no less).  Then you return from your ban and the thread derailing shit shows magically start back.  It wasn't subtle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is the off-season.  

I would disagree that I’ve derailed this thread since my return. Don’t you have a Rebel to shit on?
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Derrick Henry peaked in the 2020 season.

He's dropped from 5.4 YPC to 4.4 YPC.

I don't have a RYOE chart handy, but for most of the season, he wasn't exactly awesome by that metric, either. He just had 350 carries because that's how the Titans do things.

I wouldn't expect Henry to maintain even his current level of performance for much longer.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:27:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It is the off-season.  

View Quote

Nah. We're approaching some of the more fun parts of the season.

The combine is happening now. The combine is where a lot of the bigger trade deals happen, and where a lot of the not-tampering happens.

Those free agent signings that get announced one minute after the tampering period opens? Yeah. Those deals get started at the combine.

The legal tampering period opens at noon on March 13th this year. So we can expect March 13-16 or so to be pretty wild.

We also have the franchise tag period that closes on March 7.

We can get back to "was Wentz actually concussed" and "how good is Dak really" with maybe a side of Tua debate during that May-July period where there ain't a damn thing going on.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:33:07 PM EDT
[#50]
The Sodfather says they overwatered the Super Bowl turf, and then covered it.

"So, what he does," Toma said, referring to Ed Mangan, the NFL field director who was in charge of the Super Bowl field and worked under Toma for years, "he waters the hell out of it and puts it right into the stadium and that's it. Never sees sunlight again. He can't do that."

A tarp was laid over the field to protect it from the rehearsals for the pregame, halftime and postgame shows, Toma said, and that led to the field emitting an odor. Toma said he was told during the week that the field was starting to decay and rot.

"It had a rotten smell," he said.

Toma also alleged that Mangan did not sand the field enough.

"He sanded it two weeks too late," Toma said. "He had only one sanding. He should have had two or three sandings, but he didn't do s---. And that was it. And not only that, he didn't take care of it. He wouldn't listen to anybody."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35754546/ex-nfl-groundskeeper-george-toma-super-bowl-lvii-field-was-overwatered
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top