Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 12:13:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would disagree that I’ve derailed this thread since my return. Don’t you have a Rebel to shit on?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is the off-season.  

Two or three pages of you two bickering back and forth should be able to get us to the draft.

Please. There’s plenty of time for him to bait other people into dumb debates.

Funny how in the past half decade the only 3+ month long period we've had in-season in which the NFL thread had no shit shows or thread-derailing heated arguments was during the months you were banned.  Just a coincidence, I'm sure.

That’s a bizarrely specific stat.

Almost like you keep records about us to call up at a moment’s notice.

Nah that’s definitely not the case.

You get banned for 3 (or whatever) months and there wasn't so much as a heated argument in the NFL thread (during the season no less).  Then you return from your ban and the thread derailing shit shows magically start back.  It wasn't subtle.

I would disagree that I’ve derailed this thread since my return. Don’t you have a Rebel to shit on?

Yup.  Its clearly all just one big coincidence that the only time the NFL thread was free from thread derailing shitshows in-season was the 3 months you were banned and it started back when you returned. It definitely had nothing to do with you.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 12:15:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Derrick Henry peaked in the 2020 season.

He's dropped from 5.4 YPC to 4.4 YPC.

I don't have a RYOE chart handy, but for most of the season, he wasn't exactly awesome by that metric, either. He just had 350 carries because that's how the Titans do things.

I wouldn't expect Henry to maintain even his current level of performance for much longer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure "still only 28" applies to RBs.

Derrick Henry enters the chat

Derrick Henry peaked in the 2020 season.

He's dropped from 5.4 YPC to 4.4 YPC.

I don't have a RYOE chart handy, but for most of the season, he wasn't exactly awesome by that metric, either. He just had 350 carries because that's how the Titans do things.

I wouldn't expect Henry to maintain even his current level of performance for much longer.

In the past two seasons has there been a RB more overrated and overhyped than Henry?

Hell, even with Zeke dropping off a cliff and Henry getting 87 carries a game Henry is only averaging 1.5 more yards per game than Zeke.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 3:08:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

In the past two seasons has there been a RB more overrated and overhyped than Henry?

Hell, even with Zeke dropping off a cliff and Henry getting 87 carries a game Henry is only averaging 1.5 more yards per game than Zeke.
View Quote

I don't know if Henry's been overrated or overhyped. I know he was hurt half of 2021 and still had almost 1000 yards with ten tds.

last season Henry had 1500 yards with 13 tds, almost 400 yards receiving, too. imho that's really good for a rb.

zeke had just under 900 yards with 12 tds and just under 100 receiving.

I know zeke split a lot of time with pollard, too.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:43:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Pick #1 is worth $41M.

Pick #5 is worth $34M.

Oops.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FqJK_o6WcAAr9e-?format=jpg&name=medium

Pick #1 is worth $41M.

Pick #5 is worth $34M.

Oops.
View Quote

Agents should probably lock them up in 10x6 cells when they’re not under direct supervision.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Pick #1 is worth $41M.

Pick #5 is worth $34M.

Oops.
View Quote

Carter made it worse for himself by lying about the incident right after it happened. He said he wasn't there initially but was implicated by some of the others involved and finally fessed up. Doubt he will suffer from it much though.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 12:08:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 12:30:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Pick #1 is worth $41M.

Pick #5 is worth $34M.

Oops.
View Quote

Well he's screwed. If I'm a team owner I'm looking at alternatives to him. Kind of hard to waste a pick on a guy that may very well be going to prison and getting sued for everything.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well he's screwed. If I'm a team owner I'm looking at alternatives to him. Kind of hard to waste a pick on a guy that may very well be going to prison and getting sued for everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pick #1 is worth $41M.

Pick #5 is worth $34M.

Oops.

Doesn't look like he's going to pay much of a price for this one.

But, if I'm a GM, I have to wonder if this guy is on the Henry Ruggs path.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 1:08:40 PM EDT
[#11]

If you're an undersized QB, maybe don't show up to the combine with a TE at your side.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you're an undersized QB, maybe don't show up to the combine with a TE at your side.
View Quote

He needs some elevator shoes, or stilts.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 2:18:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Pick #1 is worth $41M.

Pick #5 is worth $34M.

Oops.
View Quote

Oops is right...who the fuck thinks they can beat a Trackhawk with an Expedition
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the 49'ers really are looking at all options...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean sorta like Cleveland did?
Except a rookie contract is no where near what Watson is getting.
You can bet some team will pick him up especially if he drops a round or two.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#16]
how much $ did Carter earn for his NIL?

trackhawk is a 100k+ vehicle.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 4:07:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
how much $ did Carter earn for his NIL?

trackhawk is a 100k+ vehicle.
View Quote

I think the decedents were in the trackhawk and Carter was in the 2021 expedition. Must be making some decent coin regardless.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#18]
From the NFLPA team "report cards" which were based on 1,300 players being surveyed on multiple topics:

Arizona Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill ranks last among players as far as team confidence in ownership to invest in the team. The Cardinals have the worst ranked weight room in the NFL (which some players consider a safety hazard), an outdated training room and locker room, and a team policy where meals are deducted from player's paychecks should the players want food from the team facility.

They are the ONLY team in the NFL that charges their own players for food.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
From the NFLPA team "report cards" which were based on 1,300 players being surveyed on multiple topics:

Arizona Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill ranks last among players as far as team confidence in ownership to invest in the team. The Cardinals have the worst ranked weight room in the NFL (which some players consider a safety hazard), an outdated training room and locker room, and a team policy where meals are deducted from player's paychecks should the players want food from the team facility.

They are the ONLY team in the NFL that charges their own players for food.
View Quote

I've been reading through these. There's a lot to take in.

There's weird stuff like that, there are obvious trends like older facilities being a complaint, and then there are odd things like some teams make players have roommates when traveling while others don't. Another complaint is that teams that charter normal commercial planes don't have enough first class seats.

A shocker is that the Chiefs somehow have the worst rank for training staff despite being one of the most consistently healthy teams. Teams are out there blowing up ACLs left and right and puncturing lungs, but they have better grades than the Chiefs.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#20]
when does the official switch over to NFL 2023 thread happen?  Most all NFL talk is for the 2023 season now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Here is a link to the NFLPA full report cards for every team.
https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards

The Minnesota Vikings are the only team to have an A rank in every category.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
when does the official switch over to NFL 2023 thread happen?  Most all NFL talk is for the 2023 season now.
View Quote
Typically we start a new thread on the first day of the new league year. That is March 15th this year.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

We usually do it on the first day of the new season. I think that's March 15th this year.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Typically we start a new thread on the first day of the new league year. That is March 15th this year.
View Quote

gotcha
thanks
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
The idea that the Cardinals charge their players for food is just hard for me to even fathom.

You would think you would want your 225 million dollar roster to be maximizing their nutrition and weight goals. The best way to do that is just to fucking feed them yourself. Don't trust that 21 year old millionaire to handle his diet on his own. Don't want that Eddie Lacy problem.

What a cheapskate fucking problem to have in the NFL. Especially considering fucking revenue sharing.

Edit: Overall Cardinals rankings:

Treatment of Families: F, tied for last place
Food Service/Nutrution: F-, tied for last place
Weight Room: F-, last place
Strength Coaches: A, tied for 17th
Training Room: F-, tied for last place
Training Staff: B+, tied for 22nd
Locker Room: F, 31st place
Team Travel: B+, tied for 12th

The only thing they did OKAY in (12th to 22nd) is staff and travel. Everything else was last, or next to last.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The idea that the Cardinals charge their players for food is just hard for me to even fathom.

You would think you would want your 225 million dollar roster to be maximizing their nutrition and weight goals. The best way to do that is just to fucking feed them yourself. Don't trust that 21 year old millionaire to handle his diet on his own. Don't want that Eddie Lacy problem.

What a cheapskate fucking problem to have in the NFL. Especially considering fucking revenue sharing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And then there's this:

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 4:49:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Welcome lurker!

Please feel free to join in.  

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Team report cards. For those to lazy to follow the links, just click the spoiler under your team.

Top 3 teams: Vikings, Dolphins, Raiders
Last place team: Washington

Arizona Cardinals:
Click To View Spoiler
Atlanta Falcons:
Click To View Spoiler
Baltimore Ravens:
Click To View Spoiler
Buffalo Bills:
Click To View Spoiler
Carolina Panthers:
Click To View Spoiler
Chicago Bears:
Click To View Spoiler
Cincinnati Bengals:
Click To View Spoiler
Cleveland Browns:
Click To View Spoiler
Dallas Cowboys:
Click To View Spoiler
Denver Broncos:
Click To View Spoiler
Detroit Lions:
Click To View Spoiler
Green Bay Packers:
Click To View Spoiler
Houston Texans:
Click To View Spoiler
Indianapolis Colts:
Click To View Spoiler
Jacksonville Jaguars:
Click To View Spoiler
Kansas City Chiefs:
Click To View Spoiler
Las Vegas Raiders:
Click To View Spoiler
Los Angeles Chargers:
Click To View Spoiler
Los Angeles Rams:
Click To View Spoiler
Miami Dolphins:
Click To View Spoiler
Minnesota Vikings:
Click To View Spoiler
New England Patriots:
Click To View Spoiler
New Orleans Saints:
Click To View Spoiler
New York Giants:
Click To View Spoiler
New York Jets:
Click To View Spoiler
Philadelphia Eagles:
Click To View Spoiler
Pittsburgh Steelers:
Click To View Spoiler
San Francisco 49ers:
Click To View Spoiler
Seattle Seahawks:
Click To View Spoiler
Tampa Bay Buccaneers:
Click To View Spoiler
Tennessee Titans:
Click To View Spoiler
Washington Commanders:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Doesn't look like he's going to pay much of a price for this one.

But, if I'm a GM, I have to wonder if this guy is on the Henry Ruggs path.
View Quote

He got a reckless driving ticket in the fall, so he obviously doesn't learn from his mistakes.  I thought that GA law was a felony if someone dies as a result of racing.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 7:00:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You mean sorta like Cleveland did?
Except a rookie contract is no where near what Watson is getting.
You can bet some team will pick him up especially if he drops a round or two.
View Quote

A round or two?

He won’t drop out of the top 10.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Team report cards. For those to lazy to follow the links, just click the spoiler under your team.

Top 3 teams: Vikings, Dolphins, Raiders
Last place team: Washington

Miami Dolphins:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Dolphins facilities are top notch.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#32]
A judge has ruled in Michael Irvin's favor in a request for expedited evidence in his $100M lawsuit against Marriott and one of their female employees.

Marriott must now provide Irvin with any and all video recordings, witness statements and written reports related to the pre-Super Bowl incident. The exact nature of her accusation still isn't clear as neither her or Marriott have released a statement regarding what she claims happened. The Phoenix police said they still have not received any criminal complaint.

Marriott may redact the female employee's name, but all evidence must be submitted by 5pm on March 7th.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually, he/ we doesn’t.

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:32:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The only thing they did OKAY in (12th to 22nd) is staff and travel. Everything else was last, or next to last.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not surprised at the cardinals, I don’t remember the player but he said when he signed a contract with them they overnighted the contract to him to sign, and they deducted the cost of that, around $10.00, from his check.

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
A judge has ruled in Michael Irvin's favor in a request for expedited evidence in his $100M lawsuit against Marriott and one of their female employees.

Marriott must now provide Irvin with any and all video recordings, witness statements and written reports related to the pre-Super Bowl incident. The exact nature of her accusation still isn't clear as neither her or Marriott have released a statement regarding what she claims happened. The Phoenix police said they still have not received any criminal complaint.

Marriott may redact the female employee's name, but all evidence must be submitted by 5pm on March 7th.
View Quote

I hope Michael Irvin didn't do anything wrong. If he did, he did, and needs to be held accountable.
I am going out on a limb and say he will be shown to only have had a conversation with his accuser. It is Vegas, there are cameras everywhere.

ETA;IF this woman is lying about this, she should pay the price.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

The fact that it's San Francisco should not be lost on anyone here.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don't know if Henry's been overrated or overhyped. I know he was hurt half of 2021 and still had almost 1000 yards with ten tds.

last season Henry had 1500 yards with 13 tds, almost 400 yards receiving, too. imho that's really good for a rb.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yards per carry.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#38]

The facilities there can't be that bad, they were state of the art exactly 20 years ago when the taxpayers built their stadium, $100 Million over budget at that.

Mike Brown is notoriously cheap. Unless he upgraded recently, his daily driver is a Chevy Lumina. And a brand new stadium didn't cost him one cent.

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Controlling their diets to be exceptional, I can see, just not on the house. The owners that are being targeted are probably thinking, I'm giving you millions of dollars, setting you and your family up for generations, but you want me to feed you for free?

Attachment Attached File

Reading these report cards, some of the complaints are tier 1 diva-level bitching.

Harden the hell up.

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#40]
It must be good to be bad.  

The Kansas City Chiefs are ranked 29th overall in our team guide. In general, the results show that the facility feels outdated and players would like to see upgrades across the board. Only 56% of respondents believe that club owner Clark Hunt is willing to invest the money to upgrade the facility, ranking him 27th in this category.

Players' responses showed that treatment of players also falls well below other clubs across the NFL. For example, the Chiefs are one of 6 teams that still make certain players have roommates, and less than 50% of players feel they have enough room to be comfortable on flights.

Feedback on the training room was also notable; player respondents called for a more welcoming environment, and several players had negative opinions about head trainer Rick Burkholder, feeling that he does not treat players fairly and consistently, or with personal care.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#41]
LMFAO

[url=https://apple.news/AIFNTCw8KRcWWAsa3LgN7SQ]https://apple.news/AIFNTCw8KRcWWAsa3LgN7SQ

The Washington Commanders have faced controversies over their name, their workplace culture and ownership. Now they have been tagged as the worst team in the NFL to play for—and that’s according to the players themselves. 
Washington’s football team, which owner Dan Snyder is exploring selling, ranked last in a new survey conducted by the NFL Players Association that rated teams in eight categories, including the treatment of players’ families, nutrition, the training staff and team travel. In three categories, the Commanders received an F- grade. 
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#42]
The Dimopoulus Law Firm ran a commercial with Raiders defensive end Maxx Crosby in a generic black and silver uniform that had no NFL/Raiders logos/trademarks.

The NFL sent them a cease-and-desist letter anyways vowing to sue if the law firm did not pull the commercial.

The law firm responding by filing a lawsuit against the NFL first.

Free publicity for the law firm at the hand of the NFL. Better than any commercial.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 1:15:08 PM EDT
[#43]

Bucs unloading a number of players early on this off-season.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 1:55:25 PM EDT
[#44]

There has been a lot of discussion about them wanting to move up in the draft for a quarterback. Lot of people seem to think Seattle at #5 is the spot. The Panthers have extra draft capital to spend from the CMC trade. We'll see.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Willie McGinest has been charged with two felonies for his restaurant attack. One count of assault with a deadly weapon (the booze bottle strike), and one count of assault by means of force likely to cause great bodily injury (striking the victim while he was held down in the head).
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Question of the day:

Everything else team-wise being equal, which quarterback would you choose to lead your team....Dan Marino or Aaron Rodgers?

I'm picking Marino all day and twice on Sundays. Better leader, better pure passer, did more with less, and even though he was immobile, he rarely got sacked.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 3/2/2023 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#48]
This morning Alvin Kamara plead not guilty to his misdemeanor and felony charges for the Las Vegas Pro-Bowl assault. His trial has been initially scheduled for July 31st. If it isn't delayed, then any league discipline should come down before week 1 of the 2023 season.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This morning Alvin Kamara plead not guilty to his misdemeanor and felony charges for the Las Vegas Pro-Bowl assault. His trial has been initially scheduled for July 31st. If it isn't delayed, then any league discipline should come down before week 1 of the 2023 season.
View Quote

Not guilty?  The motherfucker got caught on video doing it and then later he got caught on audio bragging about it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 3:05:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Question of the day:

Everything else team-wise being equal, which quarterback would you choose to lead your team....Dan Marino or Aaron Rodgers?

I'm picking Marino all day and twice on Sundays. Better leader, better pure passer, did more with less, and even though he was immobile, he rarely got sacked.
View Quote
Marino all day long.

Often wonder how many championships the Steelers would have won if they had drafted him.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top