Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

he was projected first round, a lot of people had skins taking him at 16.. I won't be shocked if he's the second qb off the board within five picks.
View Quote
Stephen Holder (ESPN, formerly TheAthletic, Indystar, TB Times, Miami Herald): The other takeaway I should have mentioned from my time around Richardson: There are multiple teams in the top 10 that are very serious about him. The hype is real.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Schefter: Cowboys now have placed their franchise tag on RB Tony Pollard, per source. RB franchise tag is $10.09 million.
View Quote

Oof. I would be terrified to take a franchise tag as a middle aged running back.

They have the shortest shelf lives of any player.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Updated:

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Carr deal is reportedly 4 years, $150M ($37.5MPY), $100M in total guarantees. $60M guaranteed at signing, another $10M guaranteed after year 1, so effectively at least $70M guaranteed.

Edit: Via Garafolo, Carr received a no-trade clause as part of the deal. Same as he had with the Raiders. To ensure he can control his future.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:34:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 3:01:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Browns are currently around $17M over the cap. Less than 10 days to get under that. Meanwhile Bates has a predicted market value of around $14MPY.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 3:08:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's hard NOT be excited for the Jaguars this year.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was gonna say I heard on the radio the saints are $55 over the cap. My god even the rams can't work that magic.
View Quote
Loomis doing Loomis things.

Not sure how I feel yet about the Carr signing, but rumors now are M Thomas is happy about it (not that matters, he can't get healthy)     But he can throw to Olave and Shaheed.    We'll see I guess.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 3:13:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet fans of the other AFC South teams are really thrilled.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Russell Wilson's new office?
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Zoinks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#13]

That's a big surprise.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Zoinks.
View Quote

For now.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 3:31:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Rich Eisen, "The Bears are long down the road to trading the first overall pick. Teams have been identified, compensation is being hammered out."

Edit: No rush for the Bears. I don't imagine any announcement anytime soon unless one team goes completely crazy with their offer to seal the deal early.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Rich Eisen, "The Bears are long down the road to trading the first overall pick. Teams have been identified, compensation is being hammered out."

Edit: No rush for the Bears. I don't imagine any announcement anytime soon unless one team goes completely crazy with their offer to seal the deal early.
View Quote

Is Mike Ditka still out there?  
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Ravens Executive Vice President Ozzie Newsome stated that the Ravens WILL franchise tag Lamar if he is not extended by the deadline (tomorrow, 4pm EST).

Edit: Not that it is a surprise to anyone.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dude needs to heal for a full year and not rush it.

Hope he fully heals.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ravens Executive Vice President Ozzie Newsome stated that the Ravens WILL franchise tag Lamar if he is not extended by the deadline (tomorrow, 4pm EST).

Edit: Not that it is a surprise to anyone.
View Quote

Lamar should just sit out Watson style then.

If he thinks he's worth more he just needs to test free agency.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If he thinks he's worth more he just needs to test free agency.
View Quote
No matter what happens, it will not include free agency. The Ravens are going to retain his rights no matter what Lamar does. If it comes to him leaving, it will be through a trade to a new team willing to sign him to an extension.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:48:41 PM EDT
[#21]

$21M in cap savings.

$7.7M in dead cap.

I was hoping they would figure out a way to meet in the middle on a reasonable deal.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Who Chiefs gonna franchise tag then? JuJu? Mecole? Thorn hill?
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

$21M in cap savings.

$7.7M in dead cap.

I was hoping they would figure out a way to meet in the middle on a reasonable deal.
View Quote
He is inconsistent in his play.
Takes plays off.
Quoted:
View Quote
JuJu wants big money and he is not worth it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Most likely nobody.

Just because the tag is an option doesn't make it a good option.

I'm just wondering what they've got cooking. The Chiefs are solidly in the danger zone on 3 premium positions right now. Either Veach has something in progress from the combine or they're in YOLO mode.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#25]
With Derek Carr signing with the Saints, we can assume that every team in the NFC South with have a different quarterback in week 1 2023 than they did in week 1 2022.

It will be only the second time that a division has had all new quarterbacks to start a season (1973 AFC West).
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 5:31:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Marshawn Lynch's attorney has plead not guilty for his DUI arrest from last August in Vegas. LINK

Lynch, 36, faces charges of DUI liquor and/or drugs, failure or refusal to surrender proof of insurance, driving an unregistered vehicle, and failure to drive in a travel lane for the August incident where Las Vegas Metro police found him asleep in his car.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 5:38:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ridley quit on his team because he couldn't handle the pressure of being a #1 WR. He doesn't move the needle for me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 5:39:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Signed a 5 year $82.5M contract with $35M in total guarantees. He is due $1.25M this year guaranteed. Releasing him will save the Titans $9.35M on the cap.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/Oj7yTCLSZjSt2JMwi2/giphy.gif
[Titans.

There are steeler fans that want him back.

Bud is always hurt and did not showuch at the titans.
View Quote

I'd take him back, at veterans minimum (or just slightly more - not millions more)
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No matter what happens, it will not include free agency. The Ravens are going to retain his rights no matter what Lamar does. If it comes to him leaving, it will be through a trade to a new team willing to sign him to an extension.
View Quote

At this point he really needs an agent.

I can only imagine the clusterfuck of him trying to negotiate with other teams prior to his trade.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

For now.
View Quote

I am hoping they cut fatboy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Ridley quit on his team because he couldn't handle the pressure of being a #1 WR. He doesn't move the needle for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope Ridley has a good year so the Falcons get more draft capital out of him. I'm not holding my breath though, the guy has some mental issues that could sideline him at any time.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'd take him back, at veterans minimum (or just slightly more - not millions more)
View Quote
No!
Bud is a one year wonder and always hurt.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Seahawks and Geno Smith reportedly finalizing a 3yr/$105M extension ($35MPY). Right where everyone expected it to end up. I imagine it is going to end up being $70M or less in total guarantees. Betting it is effectively a 2 year deal while they build up someone behind him (potentially from this draft).
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#35]

Just as we all expected.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#36]

As if the Browns fanbase hasn't suffered enough... If they unload Chubb they should just burn down the stadium.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:06:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Considering, as is, the NFC South is easily the worst division in the NFL you have to think whoever signs Carr will be the favorite to win it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering, as is, the NFC South is easily the worst division in the NFL you have to think whoever signs Carr will be the favorite to win it.

Yup.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:29:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Just as we all expected.
View Quote

9th year breakout.  Happens all the time.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:14:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just as we all expected.

Geno and Alex Smith are two of the only QBs I can think of who struggled for long periods of time before finding success. 99.9% of the time there are no secrets in the NFL.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:36:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

As if the Browns fanbase hasn't suffered enough... If they unload Chubb they should just burn down the stadium.
View Quote

1) He's a 28 year old RB with a $14.9M cap hit. lol

2) We have to be approaching extreme market saturation for RBs. There's a pile of good FAs, and there are other notable RBs on the trading block. No way all these guys get paid.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:32:13 AM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:44:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just as we all expected.

In 2023 he could come back down to earth or he could again be the best QB in the division (granted the other 3 teams lost their QB1s for the season ).

Neither would surprise me.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:51:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Please go to the jets then go to the Vikings.

Is NY a good spot for a a ron?

I really don’t know, the jets suck and I hate them. But I don’t see a a ron going there and them winning anything.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:05:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Word is Derrick Henry is being shopped by the Titans... We are clearly in full blown rebuild mode if that takes place... Hell even if it doesnt take place, we are in full blown shit mode.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#45]

The deals for Carr and Geno should influence the negotiations for Jones.

And all these RBs... lol.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Word is Derrick Henry is being shopped by the Titans... We are clearly in full blown rebuild mode if that takes place... Hell even if it doesnt take place, we are in full blown shit mode.
View Quote

Would be great if the Bills could grab him for a season

-King Henry plowing through defenses
-Cook & Hines for dual threat, speed and finesse
-JA could take a break and take less damage since hes got another 6'5" 250lb RB besides himself
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Henry is old, he has 300k miles on the odometer, and he doesn't have much tread left on the tires. He also plays the least valuable/most easily replaceable position on an NFL offense.

The Titans need answers at QB, OT, and WR before they should worry about RB.

Based on where the Titans are drafting in this class, you should probably be rooting for them to take Paris Johnson or Broderick Jones. Those are the best LTs in the class.

I don't think a QB falls to them, and I'm not sure they should trade up.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

-JA could take a break and take less damage since hes got another 6'5" 250lb RB besides himself
View Quote

Can BBB afford him though?
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a Chiefs fan and fantasy football nerd, I would LOVE to see the Bills trade assets for a 30 year old RB with a $16M+ cap hit. As a Bills fan, you should not want this.

The Bills priority on offense this offseason should be WR. It was an obvious limitation for the team, and one of the clear trends in the playoffs was most of the teams that went on deep runs had great high end receiving depth. Buffalo should start there.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:45:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

As a Chiefs fan and fantasy football nerd, I would LOVE to see the Bills trade assets for a 30 year old RB with a $16M+ cap hit. As a Bills fan, you should not want this.

The Bills priority on offense this offseason should be WR. It was an obvious limitation for the team, and one of the clear trends in the playoffs was most of the teams that went on deep runs had great high end receiving depth. Buffalo should start there.
View Quote

Or they should start with a defense that Burrow bent over hard.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top