BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 647
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Honestly I didn’t know who he was until the news broke. ??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Honestly I didn’t know who he was until the news broke. ??

That's understandable. I'm mostly familiar with him because of the NFC North connection, but the fact he was a 1st round pick that the Vikings dropped REAL quick over his legal issues might stand out to others as well.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 2:39:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Now, whether or not they are informed and objective enough to realize Cousins is better than their current QB heading into 2022, that might be a separate issue.
View Quote
Cousins has a personality that is just at odds with what a lot of other players and fans want.  We admire the gunslinger and the guy who rises to meet the occasion in big games.  Cousins is a guy with a really good arm, but I think he tends to get rattled and underplays in big moments.  He's also not mobile and doesn't have an answer when his O-Line can't protect him.  But there's a reason he gets paid the big money.  He can make all the throws with accuracy.  That's a rare commodity in the NFL, and the reason he's been to three pro bowls (and looked good in the QB competitions at them).  I'd definitely put Cousins in the top half of the NFL for quarterbacks.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Cousins has a personality that is just at odds with what a lot of other players and fans want.  We admire the gunslinger and the guy who rises to meet the occasion in big games.  Cousins is a guy with a really good arm, but I think he tends to get rattled and underplays in big moments.  He's also not mobile and doesn't have an answer when his O-Line can't protect him.  But there's a reason he gets paid the big money.  He can make all the throws with accuracy.  That's a rare commodity in the NFL, and the reason he's been to three pro bowls (and looked good in the QB competitions at them).  I'd definitely put Cousins in the top half of the NFL for quarterbacks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now, whether or not they are informed and objective enough to realize Cousins is better than their current QB heading into 2022, that might be a separate issue.

He's probably the most boring QB in the League. He's pretty much established his ceiling and his floor, and he rarely strays outside those bounds. He's usually healthy, he usually puts up 3500 yards a year, and he'll win you 7-10 games a year. There's basically no controversy about him at all.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think anyone would argue that Cousins is a great QB.

But I do think there are at least a dozen teams that would probably win more games in 2022 with Cousins at QB than they would with their current QB1.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 2:59:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

But I do think there are at least a dozen teams that would probably win more games in 2022 with Cousins at QB than they would with their current QB1.
View Quote

Unless of course Kirk spreads his super duper unvaxxed MAGA strain of covid, then the team would be in trouble.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He's probably the most boring QB in the League. He's pretty much established his ceiling and his floor, and he rarely strays outside those bounds. He's usually healthy, he usually puts up 3500 yards a year, and he'll win you 7-10 games a year. There's basically no controversy about him at all.
View Quote
And that's perfect for Minnesota, but of course the fans will never see it that way.  The fans all dream of a Superbowl trophy, but only one team gets there, and Minnesota has a lot going against it.  It's a small market.  Free agents don't want to come there.  It's never been a particularly dominant team.  It's not a flashy city like LA or New York.  It's stuck in a division with A-A-Ron for at least a little while longer.  7-10 wins is realistically as good as it gets, and not just for Minnesota, but for at least half of the NFL.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Unless of course Kirk spreads his super duper unvaxxed MAGA strain of covid, then the team would be in trouble.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, covid.  Remember when 350+ vaccinated players tested positive in a short amount of time and the NFL's solution was to cancel covid testing for vaccinated players?  Good times.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I’ll put my redskins flame suit on and post this.

Also no one in this thread would take Cousins over their current QB with the exception of stillers fans… and myself lol
View Quote

The Falcons have entered that chat.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ah, covid.  Remember when 350+ vaccinated players tested positive in a short amount of time and the NFL's solution was to cancel covid testing for vaccinated players?  Good times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's like when Venezuela solved their starvation problem during the height of their hyperinflation by making it illegal for doctors to report starvation or malnutrition as causes of death.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Texans' Head Coach Lovie Smith, on trading DeShaun Watson, "Sometimes divorce is good." Especially when you're married to a sex offender.

"I don't know exactly what happened. The accusations are there, and if they have merit that will all come out in time. But for our football team, we needed to move on."
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 3:25:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 3:28:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Texans' Head Coach Lovie Smith, on trading DeShaun Watson, "Sometimes divorce is good." Especially when you're married to a sex offender.

"I don't know exactly what happened. The accusations are there, and if they have merit that will all come out in time. But for our football team, we needed to move on."
View Quote

When I was reading that for a nanosecond I thought the "especially when you're married to a sex offender" was part of the actual quote.

That would have made my day.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Now that the NFL's motion to move to arbitration and move to dismiss have both been denied, Gruden's lawsuit against the NFL will move into discovery and Gruden's attorneys can now demand emails, memos, phone logs, text message and metadata. They can demand that Goodell himself sit for a deposition and testify under oath.

Las Vegas Attorney Sam Mirejovsky, writing his opinion on the Gruden vs NFL lawsuit:

I predict that this suit will ultimately cost Goodell his job. With adversaries like Gruden and Davis, Goodell faces a discovery effort that will look to uncover evidence of Goodell's own wrongdoing. In today's digital world -- the same one that hung Gruden out to dry -- I find it inconceivable that there isn't SOMETHING out there that could kill Goodell's career. Perhaps an unflattering email? A disparaging text about a group of powerful owners? Sexist or racist comments? Evidence of an affair? Misuse of NFL funds? Yes, the scope of discovery is limited to the case at hand but the discovery has a way of finding all the skeletons.

Just ask Gruden.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Now that the NFL's motion to move to arbitration and move to dismiss have both been denied, Gruden's lawsuit against the NFL will move into discovery and Gruden's attorneys can now demand emails, memos, phone logs, text message and metadata. They can demand that Goodell himself sit for a deposition and testify under oath.

Las Vegas Attorney Sam Mirejovsky, writing his opinion on the Gruden vs NFL lawsuit:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I predict that this suit will ultimately cost Goodell his job. With adversaries like Gruden and Davis, Goodell faces a discovery effort that will look to uncover evidence of Goodell's own wrongdoing. In today's digital world -- the same one that hung Gruden out to dry -- I find it inconceivable that there isn't SOMETHING out there that could kill Goodell's career. Perhaps an unflattering email? A disparaging text about a group of powerful owners? Sexist or racist comments? Evidence of an affair? Misuse of NFL funds? Yes, the scope of discovery is limited to the case at hand but the discovery has a way of finding all the skeletons.

Just ask Gruden.

This could get very, very juicy.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#15]
NFL is the house of leaks.

I’m shocked nothing about Roger has leaked yet.

What code of conduct is he held to?

From all I’ve seen, owners love him and don’t want him gone, it’s players who get mad at Goodell.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Greg Olsen... Kevin Burkardt... Super Bowl announce team...
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Easier to "sell out" or look full when you have 10k fewer seats to fill.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
NFL is the house of leaks.

I’m shocked nothing about Roger has leaked yet.

What code of conduct is he held to?

From all I’ve seen, owners love him and don’t want him gone, it’s players who get mad at Goodell.
View Quote

They pay Goodell a shot ton of money so he can be the guy that takes all the shit they don’t won’t on them. Everyone loves the fall guy as long as he keeps his mouth shut.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Better than Joe Buck... Troy Aikman... Super Bowl announce team.

I still remember Buck's call for the David Tyree helmet catch.  It was arguably the greatest play in Super Bowl history and Buck sounds like he's placing an order at a drive thru.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, that's embarrassing.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 5:20:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just ask Gruden.

I sure hope so. Gruden will be fat rich after it's all said and done.  I bet there are some owners shitting themselves right about now. That 100 million contract will be pocket change for Gruden when this lawsuit is over.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I’ll put my redskins flame suit on and post this.

Also no one in this thread would take Cousins over their current QB with the exception of stillers fans… and myself lol
View Quote

You like that?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well when you aren't getting that sweet, sweet taxpayers money to build the stadium and have to come out of pocket and go begging for others to help out it's the end result.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Once you have so many women suing you for sexual assault/harassment that the alleged victims could literally play an 11-on-11 game... what's one more?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't mind Olsen. I think he does a pretty good job on the games he calls. he doesn't stand out as an amazing analyst yet he's not so awful where I notice how bad he is .I actually liked a lot of the analysis he provided in the games I've watched he's called.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they're bottom of the league in attendance. they've blocked out seating at fed ex to avoid black outs. this doesn't even top the list of embarrassing shit for this team. never mind they're already catching so much heat for the placement of the stadium. it's further outside of DC than Fedex AND there's only one way to get to the new site, 95 south; a parking lot on a daily basis already.

grant's a fucking tool who still brings on failed coaches like gruden and shanahan. it's sad he doesn't know how the media is supposed to act b/c he's so used to covering shitty franchises.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like HK said, juicy.  The discovery is limited in scope, but maybe we'll get more info on all of the sudden firings/resignations at the Raider's front office from a few months ago.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Is Cousins better than Trubisky?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hicks is one of my favorite players.

That said, how much was Suh looking for?

I thought his previous deal was about 10 million.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:30:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Wow, NFL memes actually credited someone else instead of stealing it and trying to pass it off as their own?
View Quote

They do that a lot?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:34:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

They do that a lot?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, NFL memes actually credited someone else instead of stealing it and trying to pass it off as their own?

They do that a lot?

If you see pretty much anything on that account that makes you laugh then scroll down a bit and eventually you'll probably get to a tweet where someone points out how they stole it from someone else w/o giving credit.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:39:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well the details are not out so who knows the guarantees.

Suh was clearing $8-$10 mil each of his last three years with the Bucs. He’s made plenty of money and got a ring so I assume he’s looking for another $10 guaranteed or he’ll wait until halfway through the season and sign again. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At this point in their careers I would rather have Hicks for 10 than Suh.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#40]

"Since we launched our investigation in October, the Committee's goal has been to uncover the truth about the culture of harassment and abuse at the Washington Commanders, to hold accountable those responsible, and to better protect workers across the country. The Committee has worked tirelessly to obtain critical information, including the findings of the internal investigation conducted by attorney Beth Wilkinson, only to be met with obstruction from the Commanders and the NFL at every turn. We must have transparency and accountability, which is why we are calling on Mr. Goodell and Mr. Snyder to answer the questions they have dodged for the last seven months." - Rep Carolyn B. Maloney, Committee Chairwoman

"For seven months, the Committee has been stonewalled by NDAs and other tools to evade accountability. Mr. Snyder and Mr. Goodell need to appear before the Committee to address these issues and answer our questions about the pervasive workplace misconduct at the Washington Commanders, and how the NFL addressed these issues." - Rep Raja Krishnamoorthi, Committee Chairman
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Mark Rypien has been sued by his ex (18 year relationship), citing domestic violence and emotional abuse.

This one is big here locally. Local star, went to my high school, his nephew Brett went to the same high school, played at Washington then on to the Redskins, SB MVP. I know a couple years ago he spoke out about suffering from depression and some mental health issues and spoke about how he once attempted suicide by downing a bottle of 150 Advil and drinking a 5th of alcohol on top.

"It doesn't matter if someone is ill, they don't have the right to abuse someone," said Mary Schultz, Wade's attorney.

Edit: Just realized, with Cooper Kupp, both my high school and college have Super Bowl MVPs now.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Not defending Butt Massage, but this is reason 87 why they need to legalize prostitution.  He basically turned the massage parlor into a brothel.
View All Quotes
Except it wasn't about the sex for Watson. He could have sex with 10/10 women any night of the week, for free, willingly.

Instead of was picking up very homely/average looking women on Instagram, many who are unlicensed and untrained in massage therapy, many single mothers working from home or in hotel rooms or rented spaces, telling him he would pay them for regular massage work, and then tried to convince them to do more. It's his kink.

But I agree that prostitution should be legalized.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Except it wasn't about the sex for Watson. He could have sex with 10/10 women any night of the week, for free, willingly.

Instead of was picking up very homely/average looking women on Instagram, many who are unlicensed and untrained in massage therapy, many single mothers working from home or in hotel rooms or rented spaces, telling him he would pay them for regular massage work, and then tried to convince them to do more. It's his kink.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm not defending Watson and I do believe he should have his day in court, but three separate sessions AND the owner of the spa knew Watson was paying $5K!?

I know this doesn't give Watson the right to sexually assault anyone at least in this instance it seems his behavior was allowed.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
It could be that.  It could also be that he could see the disappointment when they realized they were going to have to be the man.  I don't think I've actually met a woman that wanted to do that to a man.  I even had a girl ask in trepidation if I was into that because her last boyfriend was.  She was so relieved when I said no.

A trained ho will pretend she just loves to do whatever fucked up thing you ask.  I mean, I assume that's how they'd be.  Don't judge me.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'm not defending Watson and I do believe he should have his day in court, but three separate sessions AND the owner of the spa knew Watson was paying $5K!?

I know this doesn't give Watson the right to sexually assault anyone at least in this instance it seems his behavior was allowed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The OWNER of the spa knew... But did the EMPLOYEE know? And once again it was another cosmetologist (4th one?). Which I believe now makes it 9 of the 23 are confirmed as being unlicensed and or untrained in massage therapy. 14 do not mention whether they are licensed or not.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The OWNER of the spa knew... But did the EMPLOYEE know? And once again it was another cosmetologist (4th one?). Which I believe now makes it 9 of the 23 are confirmed as being unlicensed and or untrained in massage therapy. 14 do not mention whether they are licensed or not.
View Quote

Women talk.  I suspect many of them knew.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was one that already came to light in the earlier suits who had directed Watson to certain women. One of the accusers went back to that woman distraught/in tears after her incident with Watson and the woman that had directed Watson to her admitted he was known in the circle for incidents.

So word was getting around.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Kyler Murray is present at the Cardinals facility. OTAs. He has not taken the field yet, just on site. We'll see if he actually drills/participates.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top