[#2]

Edit: Update:

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don’t know, man. The results have been much more extreme and much funnier than I ever expected.

I expected Watson to be rusty. I expected him to struggle. I didn’t expect him to be this terrible and stay that way as long as he has.

Oh well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Via The Guardian: The Browns sold their souls to sign Deshaun Watson. The results are not pretty

Cleveland gave up $230m, three first-round draft picks and their dignity for the quarterback. They've been rewarded with one of the league's biggest flops

Cleveland went all in on Watson   selling their souls in the process. He is on the books for almost $64m a year for the next three years, with no mechanism for Cleveland to move off his contract. There hasn't been - and won't be - much help from the draft either: the Browns traded their 2022, 2023 and 2024 first-round picks to the Texans in return for Watson.

He could, of course, still turn things around - he's young and looked like having a shot at a Hall of Fame career just a few years ago. But if Watson continues to fall on his face, the Browns will have torched a championship window that they crawled through shame to get to.

What makes it even funnier is that it seems 99%+ of knowledgeable NFL fans saw this coming the day the trade happened.  It didn't even require hindsight to know this was one of the worst trades/deals in NFL history.

Hell, I'd argue that, with no hindsight, it was THE worst trade/deal in NFL history.  I mean can anyone think of one worse?

I don’t know, man. The results have been much more extreme and much funnier than I ever expected.

I expected Watson to be rusty. I expected him to struggle. I didn’t expect him to be this terrible and stay that way as long as he has.

Oh well.

By “99%+ of knowledgeable NFL fans saw this coming the day the trade happened,” I meant saw it coming that the trade/deal would end up being a bad move.  Not that Watson would struggle THIS much.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Bruce Young? Nice job Shefty...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bruce Young? Nice job Shefty...

Bruce is the taller twin brother

And Tweets gone, guess he deleted it
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/Z-uSe2o1bTIAAAAC/the-witcher-fuck.gif

God damn man.. that’s a huge blow.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#8]
just confirmed it's a torn ACL on Diggs and he's out for the rest of the season

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fffffffffffffff
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#10]
That sucks for the Cowboys and that defense. They're still a good unit.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well there goes their lights out defense. Big part of the plan was having two top guys out there playing corner.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Fffffffffffffff
View Quote

I tried to find that pic of the dude/chick (still not sure) howling after Trump got elected.  That is how I felt when that came across my feed.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just heard that, ankle injury from Sunday. I don't remember seeing him get hurt, I did see him look scared.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is, but not as big as the media is making it out to be.  I've been saying for a while that Diggs is overrated and I hoped the Cowboys wouldn't sign him to a long term mega deal (which, of course, Jerry did). There are 3 players on the Cowboys that losing them would mean "season over."  Diggs isn't one of them.  

Thankfully, the Cowboys have the best pass rush in the NFL, which helped mask Diggs' shortcomings and will help his replacement.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:03:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Speaking of Da Bears. I am shocked/not shocked that all the talking heads are defending Justin Fields.  "Yeah, the coaching staff is the problem there."  

Occam's Razor.  He dumb.  Now lots of retards live kickass lives. And you can be a great college QB and be dumb as a brick. But everything happens faster in the NFL. And unless you have Groot's legs, you ain't going to learn the game fast enough if you're dumb.  Then this shit happens. But none of the talking heads dare piss off their former player/co-host/guest by just calling a spade a spade.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I just heard that, ankle injury from Sunday. I don't remember seeing him get hurt, I did see him look scared.
View Quote

Given his college track record, I doubt you saw him scared. Confused perhaps. Frustrated maybe. But not scared.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Speaking of Da Bears. I am shocked/not shocked that all the talking heads are defending Justin Fields.  "Yeah, the coaching staff is the problem there."  

Occam's Razor.  He dumb.  Now lots of retards live kickass lives. And you can be a great college QB and be dumb as a brick. But everything happens faster in the NFL. And unless you have Groot's legs, you ain't going to learn the game fast enough if you're dumb.  Then this shit happens. But none of the talking heads dare piss off their former player/co-host/guest by just calling a spade a spade.  
View Quote

Vince Young says hold my beer.    
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Well there goes their lights out defense. Big part of the plan was having two top guys out there playing corner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck me to tears
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Vince Young says hold my beer.    
View Quote
There's a bunch of them, and the big college programs like Ohio State and Texas love them because the legs really can make up for it in college.  But in the NFL, unless you're Groot, Vick, or $uper $cam, it ain't happening.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:09:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It is, but not as big as the media is making it out to be.  I've been saying for a while that Diggs is overrated and I hoped the Cowboys wouldn't sign him to a long term mega deal (which, of course, Jerry did). There are 3 players on the Cowboys that losing them would mean "season over."  Diggs isn't one of them.  

Thankfully, the Cowboys have the best pass rush in the NFL, which helped mask Diggs' shortcomings and will help his replacement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prescott and Parsons for sure but who's your #3? I assume Lamb?

One could argue that Diggs and Gilmore locking up the wide receivers gives the pass rush the time they need to be so aggressive to the passer.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Diggs out for season.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

One could argue that Diggs and Gilmore locking up the wide receivers gives the pass rush the time they need to be so aggressive to the passer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zack Martin.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
From the money side, Diggs cash this year was almost completely signing bonus. Other than that it was a base $1M salary. So he won't lose anything worth mentioning while out this season. His cap hit was only $5.8M. So the injury really isn't a money issue to either side this year.

He is injury guaranteed for another $21M (24+25). 24 was guaranteed at signing anyways.

From a production standpoint, he really didn't show last year what you would have hoped for a guy coming off a big All-Pro season like he had in 2021. Frankly I would argue that his Pro Bowl vote last season was mostly a carryover vote from his 2021 season and other corners deserved it over him. Of his 3 seasons, last year he gave up his worst passer rating when targeted, the highest completion % when targeted, had the fewest INT's per game/per target, the fewest pass defenses per game/per target and had the lowest tackle count per game/per snap.

Having said that, he was off to a great start this season. Allowing just 3 comp on 9 targets for 30 yards with 3 credited defenses, an INT and even a forced fumble. Through just 2 games (small sample) his numbers were all career best average wise. They'll certainly miss him.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:35:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's rough, it won't ever be the same.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Bears CB Tyrique Stevenson said Matt Eberflus has yet to address the team about Alan Williams' departure.

"I don't know when that is going to happen. We're just focused on the main goal and that's beating Kansas City."

Stevenson said he found out about Williams' resignation yesterday, just like everyone else. He said he hasn't been asking questions because he's focused on having a better game than he did last week.

"Just a little curious, but that's not my main goal right now."
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 8:42:46 PM EDT
[#27]
I finally get to watch a niners game and this thread is on page 5.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn, that's a big loss.

Welp, where does that put us on the "Cowboys Super Bowl Aspirations Cycle?"
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Damn, that's a big loss.

Welp, where does that put us on the "Cowboys Super Bowl Aspirations Cycle?"
View Quote

I think it makes it harder for the Cowboys to take the East from the Eagles.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:36:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Gano hit a 57 yard FG right down the middle. Pretty impressive.

Giants still look totally outclassed by the Niners on both sides of the ball.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, that fucking sucks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Gano hit a 57 yard FG right down the middle. Pretty impressive.

Giants still look totally outclassed by the Niners on both sides of the ball.
View Quote
 A lot of football left. Hopefully the Niners blow em out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:58:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Was that dude on the giants sideline holding a big bag of weed?
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Giant's D pretty good pressure on that set of goal to go plays.

Defensive penalties prior to that were stupid and its a lack of discipline.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 11:11:14 PM EDT
[#35]
I had no idea Al has been calling games this long. Holy crap. lol
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 11:26:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

So long that he said it was Stefon Diggs that tore his ACL ???????
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 11:41:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Losing Stefon would hurt the Bills a lot more than losing Trevon is going to hurt the Cowboys.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:43:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Can't believe Minkah Fitzpatrick has had to defend himself in the media this week.  Does anyone with any knowledge of the game of football truly believe his hit on Chubb was dirty?

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#39]

Meanwhile on the other end:

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:05:28 AM EDT
[#40]
The Giants have been outscored 19-108 in their last 3 PrimeTime games:
38-7 loss to Eagles in the divisional round
40-0 loss to Dallas in week 1
30-12 loss to San Fran in week 3

Across three first halves this season, the Giants have been outscored 3-63:
First half vs DAL: Trailed 26-0
First half @ ARI: Trailed 20-0
First half @ SF: Trailing 17-6

Last night the Giants had 150 yards of total offense.
The 49ers had 201 yards AFTER the catch (441 total).
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Can't believe Minkah Fitzpatrick has had to defend himself in the media this week.  Does anyone with any knowledge of the game of football truly believe his hit on Chubb was dirty?

View Quote

Only Browns fans think that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:08:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The Giants have been outscored 19-108 in their last 3 PrimeTime games:
38-7 loss to Eagles in the divisional round
40-0 loss to Dallas in week 1
30-12 loss to San Fran in week 3

Across three first halves this season, the Giants have been outscored 3-63:
First half vs DAL: Trailed 26-0
First half @ ARI: Trailed 20-0
First half @ SF: Trailing 17-6

Last night the Giants had 150 yards of total offense.
The 49ers had 201 yards AFTER the catch (441 total).
View Quote

I’m enjoying the Giants going down in flames.  And o keep remembering g the hype video when Daboll showed up gir his first day
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:17:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Brown players have come out in his defense.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess when you've spent over a year defending your teammate who allegedly committed 87 sexual assaults, defending an opposing player on a clean hit is a walk in the park.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 12:10:22 PM EDT
[#47]

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top