Quoted:

Yep.

Bills got away with a big one there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should have been called again. Shirt tug.

Yep.

Bills got away with a big one there.

Sure, if we assume the Giants would NOT have shit the bed with a 1st and goal at the 1.

Personally, I wouldn’t want to bet on it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:46:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The Bills are going to the Super Bowl
View Quote

They already bought tickets?
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:47:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You've won 1 game and just need 1 yard to win and that's what you call?
View Quote

What's wrong with the play call?

The ball was there, and the receiver was there, but there's a DB tugging the receiver downward by his jersey the whole play.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:48:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Bills are going to the Super Bowl
View Quote
Along with their zebras.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:48:43 PM EDT
[#6]
People are focusing too much on how the 2nd half ended when how the 1st half ended was MUCH, MUCH more important.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:48:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Along with their zebras.
View Quote

Did you not see last week?
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:49:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The ball was there, and the receiver was there, but there's a DB tugging the receiver downward by his jersey the whole play.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You've won 1 game and just need 1 yard to win and that's what you call?

No calls like that are why I play blackjack and poker, I don't gamble on sports.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:54:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Note to coaches:
If the refs call a no time penalty at the end of the game to finish the game there's no way they're calling another one.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:55:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Along with their zebras.

Naa. I don't get up early on Sunday.  Jags owner has a hard on for moving team to Europe.  He buys the overseas wins.  

Jags need to move.  They've covered some of the seats at home games the past few years and installed swimming pools for fans.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:56:04 PM EDT
[#11]
He couldn’t believe his team’s clock management?

As if he’s some YouTube/TikTok reactor watching the game and not the team’s head coach that’s in charge of clock management.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:57:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Note to coaches:
If the refs call a no time penalty at the end of the game to finish the game there's no way they're calling another one.
View Quote

I’ve seen that at least once.

Hell, I think I might have even seen a game they called it THREE times back-to-back-to-back.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 11:58:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I've seen that at least once.

Hell, I think I might have even seen a game they called it THREE times back-to-back-to-back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Note to coaches:

I've seen that at least once.

Yeah its happened before.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:02:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

1 yard. I don't throw the ball.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:08:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because nobody gets stuffed with one yard to go?

The ball was there.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:27:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

That happened a couple of years ago in a Raiders/Chiefs game. The Raiders were going to get as many cracks at it as it took to score.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:42:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That happened a couple of years ago in a Raiders/Chiefs game. The Raiders were going to get as many cracks at it as it took to score.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good memory.  Chiefs/Raiders 2017.

Romo was really having fun calling this one.

4 Shots At One Final Play! (Chiefs vs. Raiders 2017, Week 7) | Insane Ending

Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:59:53 AM EDT
[#18]
My first Sunday off in a long time… was it just me or was the slate of games today just a shitshow?
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 1:12:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My first Sunday off in a long time… was it just me or was the slate of games today just a shitshow?
View Quote

Noon game: The 49ers lost in the final seconds to a backup QB.

Late afternoon game: The Eagles lost in the final seconds to a backup QB.

SNF: The Bills (a 15.5 point favorite) were one yard away from losing in the final seconds to a backup QB.

Link Posted: 10/16/2023 1:56:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 4:02:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I personally wouldn’t consider a 41 yard FG in a very high pressure situation (if you make it your team wins and if you miss it your team loses) to be a “chip shot.”

Though Kyle Shanahan certainly acted like it was considering the 49ers didn’t even attempt to gain more yards despite the fact they made plenty of time and a timeout.  Hell, they even took a knee and lost yards.
View Quote

Kickers are paid large sums of money to perform under pressure. Safe to say, all players are "under pressure" to some degree, yes?

41 yards shouldn't be anything for a modern kicker. Many are knocking down 50 yard kicks from time to time. 49ers kicker had plenty of length, he just pushed it to the side.

I was pulling for the 49ers, FWIW. I like Purdy & how he's played.

@Hunter-Killer
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 4:03:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My buddy at work said Shanny has some kind of terrible record (like 1-8 or something) against Jim Schwartz defenses.
View Quote

There's probably several NFL QB's who have a weak record against Schwartz, IMO. He's pretty close to Buddy Ryan in his success, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 4:07:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I tune into SNF and the first thing I hear is the 6’ 4” tranny saying “he’s kinda a little bit flawless.”

How can someone be “kinda a little bit flawless”?
View Quote

This is what gets you worked up??????  
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 4:34:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Kickers are paid large sums of money to perform under pressure. Safe to say, all players are "under pressure" to some degree, yes?

41 yards shouldn't be anything for a modern kicker. Many are knocking down 50 yard kicks from time to time. 49ers kicker had plenty of length, he just pushed it to the side.

@Hunter-Killer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I personally wouldn’t consider a 41 yard FG in a very high pressure situation (if you make it your team wins and if you miss it your team loses) to be a “chip shot.”

Though Kyle Shanahan certainly acted like it was considering the 49ers didn’t even attempt to gain more yards despite the fact they made plenty of time and a timeout.  Hell, they even took a knee and lost yards.

@Hunter-Killer

ALL NFL kickers are around a combined 75% from 40-50 yards.

This kid was also a rookie.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 4:42:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I tune into SNF and the first thing I hear is the 6’ 4” tranny saying “he’s kinda a little bit flawless.”

How can someone be “kinda a little bit flawless”?

SNF is the premiere NFL program and I think it’s absurd that their studio panel is Jason Garrett, Chris Simms, and a tranny that seems to know less about football than my 10 year old nephew.  If you disagree, that’s fine.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 4:58:24 AM EDT
[#26]
I just finished watching SNF. What a game. Tyrod fucked up. He damn near made up for it though.
MNF tonight, woo hoo.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 6:16:01 AM EDT
[#27]
I was actually cheering for the Jets like a little kid yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 7:38:42 AM EDT
[#28]
So much to chew on from Sunday's games and tonight could be crazy.

Defenses carried the the day yesterday but don't see it tonight.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 8:07:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 8:22:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Sounds like it was a good thing I fell asleep during the Bills game.

Sounds like a shit show after reading here
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#32]

TBH, that doesn’t sound too far off from something one of the low tier announcers would say.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Sounds like it was a good thing I fell asleep during the Bills game.

Sounds like a shit show after reading here
View Quote

I slept through the bulk of it. Woke up to see the last 5-6 minutes which was probably the best part, sort of like the final lap of a nascar race when all the big wrecks happen.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

TBH, that doesn’t sound too far off from something one of the low tier announcers would say.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

A few days ago in my FB “memories” was a post quoting & mocking an announcer who basically said that. I forget who though.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The first one I thought of was Madden, he said shit like that all the time.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
You know I can pull the numbers, so I did!

The last 10 years, all field goals from 40-42 yards (since it was a 41 yarder): 862/1,013 (85.1%)
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 11:16:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember a Cowboys game in the 90s where he said something to the effect of “you see how the defense is breathing heavy with their hands on their hips?  That means they are tired.”

However, Madden could get away with it because he was entertaining.  None of those low tier morons are entertaining.

Link Posted: 10/16/2023 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The last 10 years, all field goals from 40-42 yards (since it was a 41 yarder): 862/1,013 (85.1%)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now do kickers who have played in 6 or fewer games from 40-42 .
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#40]
  • Jared Goff over his last 17 games, the equivalent of a full NFL regular season: 391/578 (67.6%) 4,473 passing yards 29 passing TDs, 4 INTs. The Lions are 13-4 in those games.
  • Goff has 17 career games with 350+ passing yards. That is tied for 4th most over the first 8 seasons of a career. Tied with Andrew Luck, trailing Mahomes (21) and Marino/Stafford (18).
  • The Lions are 5-1, have beaten the defending champs, and won their last 4 games by a combined score of 116-56.
  • For the 4th time in franchise history, the Lions have not allowed an opponent to gain 100 rushing yards in any of the first 6 games of a season. The only other times they've done so: 1932, 1931, 1930.
  • This is the first time since week 11 of 1993 that the Lions have held a share of the NFL's best record this late into a season.
  • Derek Carr has his lowest passer rating (85.4) thru 6 games since his rookie season. His fewest TD passes (5) thru 6 games in his career, and lowest yards/dropback (5.46) thru 6 games in his career.
  • The AFC is a perfect 6-0 against the NFC this week heading into tonight's Dallas/LAC game.
  • The Jets netted their first franchise win against the Eagles (1-12). That leaves the Texans as the only remaining NFL team which has not beaten every other team at least once (0-6 vs Eagles, 0-5 vs Vikings).
  • Jalen Hurts was pressured on 42% of his drop backs yesterday. He is 3-7 in games where he is pressured 40+% of the time. He is 25-5 in games when pressured less than 40%.
  • The Eagles tied their largest blown lead with Jalen Hurts at QB (+11).
  • Tyreek Hill has 814 yards in the first 6 games of the season, a new NFL record.
  • The Browns have given up just 1,002 yards through 5 games this season. That is the fewest that any NFL team has given up, through 5 games, in over 50 years.
  • DK Metcalf blamed officials for his 15 yard unnecessary roughness penalty. Claiming he didn't hear a whistle and didn't know the play was over. If you watched the play, you know this is bullshit, and he is a whiny baby asshole.
  • The Giants have gone 3 straight games without an offensive touchdown for the first time since 1976 (4 straight).
  • The Giants had their first offensive snap, with a lead, of the season last night.
  • Matt Eberflus is 4-19 (.174 win%) as Bears HC, worst in franchise history. The previous lowest was Abe Gibron (1972-1974) who went 11-30-1 (.268). Eberflus is 0-8 vs NFC North rivals.
  • The Bears have lost 10 consecutive home games. 4 away from the NFL record.
  • This week, the avg score for all teams is 18.4 points (good enough for 24th in the NFL for avg points). Only 3 teams scored more than 24 points. Over the last 4 seasons, no fewer than 6 teams have scored 24+ points on any given week.
  • The Patriots went 12 consecutive quarters without a touchdown. Over that time they were outscored 92-11.
  • Mac Jones has 14 career INTs when pressured, 2nd most in the NFL since 2021. Mahomes is first with 17.
  • The two teams in last place in the AFC are coached by Bill Belichick and Sean Payton.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well shit... That's a little tougher to dig up...

I can tell you Moody is now 2/3, 66.7% (week 1 he had makes from 41 and 40 yards).

We'll see if I can work up the determination to manually pull the numbers for other rookie kickers or not.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I can tell you Moody is now 2/3, 66.7% (week 1 he had makes from 41 and 40 yards).

We'll see if I can work up the determination to manually pull the numbers for other rookie kickers or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha, well regardless I think most of us can agree it was idiotic to assume with total confidence that a rookie kicker was going to make a do or die 41 FG so you didn’t even need to attempt to gain more yards despite there being plenty of time to do so.

Also, I was hoping the Butthole Massage-less Browns would pull the upset, but damn. Of all the games for them to pick.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Okay, this took a little time to do manually, but here are the rookie numbers for all the ACTIVE kickers in the NFL (didn't want to hunt down all the other players over the last decade). Specifically, just 40-42 yarders still, in just their first 6 career starts.

The numbers for the current NFL starting kickers (minus Moody):
Click To View SpoilerTotal numbers: 28/33 (84.8%)
And a reminder from the earlier post, for the last 10 years, all field goals from 40-42 yards: 862/1,013 (85.1%)

So there is no statistical difference between all current starting kickers, when they were rookies in their first 6 games, and all NFL kickers in any game over the last 10 years.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Panthers HC Frank Reich informed the players today that he will hand over all offensive play calling duties to OC Thomas Brown.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Pat McAfee is reporting that, ALLEGEDLY, the Denver Broncos could be making a change at Defensive Coordinator and that Rex Ryan would potentially be in the mix.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:58:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Watching vikes and bears game.

At least the bears are playing with some heart.
View Quote

That was a sad game. Neither team is any good this year. I couldn't be sure if the defenses were playing well, or were the offenses that bad.

Then add in some interesting calls by the refs.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Pat McAfee is reporting that, ALLEGEDLY, the Denver Broncos could be making a change at Defensive Coordinator and that Rex Ryan would potentially be in the mix.
View Quote
Head coach has lost the locker room.
Plus the locker room does not like the qb.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Antonio Brown was arrested in Broward County Florida for allegedly failing to pay child support.

Jail records from the Broward Sheriff's Office show that the 35-year-old was booked into jail around midnight Sunday on an out-of-county warrant. He has since been released on a $15,000 bond.

Wiltrice Jackson, who is the mother of Brown's daughter, Antanyiah, who was born in 2008, spoke with TMZ and said her ex owes her nearly $31,000 in unpaid child support.

"I do want him arrested," Jackson told TMZ. "Because, right now, he's making a mockery out of the judge, out of everything, because he feels like he's untouchable."

Link Posted: 10/16/2023 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Antonio Brown was arrested in Broward County Florida for allegedly failing to pay child support.

[i]Jail records from the Broward Sheriff's Office show that the 35-year-old was booked into jail around midnight Sunday on an out-of-county warrant. He has since been released on a $15,000 bond.

Wiltrice Jackson, who is the mother of Brown's daughter, Antanyiah, who was born in 2008, spoke with TMZ and said her ex owes her nearly $31,000 in unpaid child support.

"I do want him arrested," Jackson told TMZ. "Because, right now, he's making a mockery out of the judge, out of everything, because he feels like he's untouchable."

View Quote

"Sorry Ms. Jackson, CTEs for real. Never meant to miss your child support, I'll be seeing you again in court"
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Bill Belichick (299-157-0) is 9 losses away from having the most regular season losses of all time.
Record is currently shared by Dan Reeves (190-165-2) and Dan Fisher (173-165-1).

Bill Belichick (330-170-0) is also 9 losses away from having the most combined losses (regular + post season).
Record currently held by Tom Landry (270-178-6).

He is still 29 regular season wins behind Don Shula for most all time (328).
He is still 15 total wins (regular + post season) behind Don Shula for most combined all time (345).
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top