Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:44:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Best part of the interview:

lolz
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not sure which fan base gets the worse deal here.

Packers fans are watching a GB legend being a jackass and making iffy comments about the franchise, but they finally get to move on.

Jets fans are watching a clown show and are wondering what their team is going to give up to bring this guy in for unknown production.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"When I came out of the darkness, something changed. I'm not exactly sure what that was, but something changed."

Like a poorer hippy version of Batman?...

Edit:

Definitely a shitty Batman...

This is so weird. He's acting like he's been slighted. What did he expect ?

Packers fans are watching a GB legend being a jackass and making iffy comments about the franchise, but they finally get to move on.

Jets fans are watching a clown show and are wondering what their team is going to give up to bring this guy in for unknown production.

Sounds like the deal is still tenuous. How awkward if this falls through? He might really be a backup in that case.

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Total Seasons: 3
Complete seasons: 1
1,000+ yard seasons: 0
Career yards: 2,295
Career TDs: 9

Jeudy is a fun and dangerous player, but is he worth a first round pick at the end of his contract? I don't think so.
View Quote

Who were his QBs?
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hell yeah brother, if we can keep our secondary healthy I feel much better about this season.

Poyer and Hyde back together, White with more recovery time, Elam and Benford with more experience
View Quote

I'm hoping with Edmonds gone they get out of the 4-2-5 on every play rut.
Let's see some dime on passing downs against kc, cin, etc
white - elam
TJ - benford
hyde - poyer

and a bit more 4-3 on 1st and 10 vs ten, ne, etc
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Several of us in this thread watched him say it and posted right after.

"Back 2 Back MVP Ayahuasca Enthusiast"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cowheard said that on the Pat M show Aaron' intention is to play for the jets....can anybody confirm that?

Several of us in this thread watched him say it and posted right after.

"Back 2 Back MVP Ayahuasca Enthusiast"

Sorry was busy with work...just saw the "this wasn't a decision day comment".

I heard the Pack told Aaron they wanted to move on after the season.

So it was more than likely retirement or play for the Jets. He was 90% sure of retirement before being woke in the darkness my ass.

Aaron never took a discount and the Packers treated him pretty well over the years. Have no idea what this revenge shit is but good luck in the AFC.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sounds like the deal is still tenuous. How awkward if this falls through? He might really be a backup in that case.
View Quote
Packers are on the hook for $60M if they don't move him this year. It's guaranteed money. They are fucked if they don't move him and he doesn't retire... So it really doesn't make too much sense to push the Jets too hard for too much.

Edit: A post June 1st release would be a $75.3M deadcap in 2023 and a $24.5M deadcap in 2024, while still paying him the full $60M. It just isn't an option at all.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Packers are on the hook for $60M if they don't move him this year. It's guaranteed money. They are fucked if they don't move him and he doesn't retire... So it really doesn't make too much sense to push the Jets too hard for too much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is exactly what I was thinking...
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So it was more than likely retirement or play for the Jets. He was 90% sure of retirement before being woke in the darkness my ass.

Aaron never took a discount and the Packers treated him pretty well over the years. Have no idea what this revenge shit is but good luck in the AFC.
View Quote

Probably the Jordan Love pick.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

white - elam
TJ - benford
hyde - poyer

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell yeah brother, if we can keep our secondary healthy I feel much better about this season.

Poyer and Hyde back together, White with more recovery time, Elam and Benford with more experience

white - elam
TJ - benford
hyde - poyer

Teams carved up them a lot when they played that defense.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@StarCityShooter
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hide your tables and sauce your wings.

@StarCityShooter

LETS FUCKING GO!!!!

I know a lot talked about his age, but he was the heart of that secondary (sure theres a pun in there with #3 ) last year, especially with Hyde out

Let him have that chance one more time with Micah back, Tre back and see if Elam can show out this year. Get Von healthy too

Get Shakir more play time for JA, keep Bease, Diggs restructured his contract too. Get Hines on that fucking field more with Cook. Try to pick up some cheap, good WRs.

ETA: I was saving post #8787 for a "you know what to do" thread, but fuck that, this is better

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:56:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I took that into consideration but his numbers were declining before the pick. That's what teams do looking towards the future with a 36 year old QB. Then they apologized, gave him most everything he wanted and had a bad last year.  I just don't see it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:59:53 PM EDT
[#15]
FNFL
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:04:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:05:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FrRXHGAXwAQIDCP?format=png&name=small

Also reason to look cross-eyed at certain players who returned vs declaring. Talking about Jared Verse who was a projected top 10 draft pick (defensive end) who decided to go back to Florida State instead. If you ever have a chance to go first round, and especially top 10, fucking do it. You can finish your degree later son.
View Quote

NIL changed everything, good chance he makes more money via NIL than he would in his first NFL year
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
FNFL
View Quote

Yes, YEs. Let the hate flow through you
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
FNFL
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"When I came out of the darkness, something changed. I'm not exactly sure what that was, but something changed."

Like a poorer hippy version of Batman?...

Edit:

Definitely a shitty Batman...

This is so weird. He's acting like he's been slighted. What did he expect ?

Any leverage GB might have had went up in smoke after that interview.

Barring something truly wild, Rodgers is going to the Jets for whatever they're willing to pay.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Lions will win at least one playoff game.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:11:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Which is why the Broncos hired him last year and is why the Jets hired him this year.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Zeke would look good in blue and green if he comes cheap enough.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

When?
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Potentially Rodgers last pass as a Packer: Reddit Link

If he does leave for the Jets, it would make Dak Prescott the longest tenured quarterback in the NFL, having been with the Cowboys as a starter since 2016.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Who were his QBs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Total Seasons: 3
Complete seasons: 1
1,000+ yard seasons: 0
Career yards: 2,295
Career TDs: 9

Jeudy is a fun and dangerous player, but is he worth a first round pick at the end of his contract? I don't think so.

Who were his QBs?

That's a valid question, but the kind of receivers that are actually worth a 1st round pick find a way.

Terry McLaurin has produced 3 consecutive 1,000+ yard seasons with the WTF dumpster fire.

Geno Smith fed two 1k receivers in Metcalf and Lockett.

Amari Cooper got 1,100+ yards off of Brissett and an awful Watson.

In his rookie year, Garrett Wilson got 1,100 yards off of Zach Wilson, Mike White, and Joe Flacco on a team that didn't have a 2,000+ yard passer.

Jeudy is talented, but you can't trade a first round pick for a guy with his injury history, stats, and contract situation.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#30]
lol, I'm thinking back on that interview and Rodgers is so fucking weird.

first, he does the 'I'm not sure what I'm doing' thing for the past god knows how long at the end of each season.

then, he's like 'I went into the darkness 90% sure I wanted to retire' and then he comes out and is just 'shocked' how GB shopped him and is treating him now? dude, look at how you treat your organization!

he's still bitter about the love pick. he acts like the franchise did nothing for him.

god he I something else. that has to be one of the weirdest interviews I've ever heard. it was some WWE shit as he's sitting there with his ring saying, 'I'm not making an announcement, but I it's my intention to play for the jets.'

just wow.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

When?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When?

Hopefully this season.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Remember that time Rodgers tried to chug a beer and looked like a little bitch? He was never a true fit for Wisconsin.

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Best possible outcome for the Bucs. Great they managed to hold on to him. He could have probably made more somewhere else.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
I would not be surprised if the NFC North final standings are inverted from 2022.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Geeesh, MSN was saying how he was signing with the Cowboys.

So much garbage information out there.

Its like Covid all over again.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#36]

ETA: The new, long format tweets don't display fully when embedded, I guess.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#37]

Way to cost yourself money kid.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#38]

Oh well.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Way to cost yourself money kid.
View Quote

When you weigh 323 a 9 pound gain is not a lot. That might be closer to his natural weight but he has created a lot of problems for himself that are making teams look at every little thing about him.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:17:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let Jakobi walk just to sign JuJu to the same deal...

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:19:13 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Great GM you got.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

If I were a betting man, I would bet that the Lions win more playoff games than my Cowboys.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#44]

Making it official I guess?

Edit: The post June release will lower the deadcap for 2023 to $5.8M, frees up $10.9M. Next year will be $6M deadcap.

Double Edit: Bucs are reportedly interested in Zeke.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let Jakobi walk just to sign JuJu to the same deal...

https://media0.giphy.com/media/mWMML2LQBsj8k/200.gif?cid=790b76115zv2amt752v66p8bg2zkr5ujnhymzg74o9xbffoe&rid=200.gif&ct=g

I look forward to TikTok boy living in Belichick's world.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#46]
2023 Way Too Early Predictions.

AFC East: Bills look strong early, but fade late on one-dimensional offense. Miami's OC genius looks less genius as DC's have a whole year to dissect it.  Jets with A-a-ron look horrible early, but finish strong to win the division. A-a-ron goes to the playoffs and instantly regrets leaving the NFC.  Pats finish last.  

AFC North: Browns look strong early with Butthole Massage reminding everyone why he was once a top QB, until they inevitably Brown. Bengals win the division and make strong playoff run. Ravens are mediocre, which is a disappointment. Steelers are mediocre, which is a welcome surprise.  

AFC South: Trevor progresses, but the DC's now have more footage of Good Trevor, so it looks like he regressed. Titans look good early but fade late as Tannehill reaches his expiration date. Jags win division but make weak playoff run. Texans and Colts? Exactly.  

AFC West: KC looks good, but the football gods remind them why there can be only one GOAT. Chargers start strong then Charger into a new HC. Broncos improve, but the mojo just isn't there. Raiders instantly regret picking an injury-prone, non-mobile QB when they have no defense and no run game.

AFC Champion: Bengals

NFC East: Dallas wins division because the football gods will not allow an NFC East team to win twice in a row. Then go one and done in the playoffs. Philly is strong, but are mere mortals compared to last season. Everyone who put Hurts in the Top 5 instantly regrets it. Bezos buys WFT and turns it into a wish fulfilment center. Jones gets paid and goes all Jamarcus Russell.  

NFC North: Bears finally break Fields by playing him like Lamar. Neither the Lions nor the Vikings are constitutionally capable of two good seasons in a row. Packers are the best of the bunch under Love, but constantly look east and pine over the one that got away.  

NFC South: Saints with Carr make a strong playoff run. No one knows or cares what happens to anyone else in the division.

NFC West: Niners RG-Knee Trey Lance, thus fulfilling the prophecy. But because of how loaded they are they still win the division and make a strong playoff run. In the off-season they trade all the rest of their picks for another fragile, dual-threat college QB. Seahawks looks just o.k. now that every DC's seen Good Geno for a whole year. Rams are mediocre leading to speculation that McVay will be the first retiree with a baby-face.  Cardinals finish last in the division but first in the Call of Duty Leaderboards.  

NFC Champion: Niners.

Superbowl Champion: Bengals.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Making it official I guess?

Edit: The post June release will lower the deadcap for 2023 to $5.8M, frees up $10.9M. Next year will be $6M deadcap.

Double Edit: Bucs are reportedly interested in Zeke.
View Quote

Putting all their eggs in the Pollard basket?
I suspect a high draft pick for a RB this year.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
2023 Way Too Early Predictions.
AFC Champion: Bengals
NFC Champion: Niners.
Superbowl Champion: Bengals.
View Quote
Have both the Bengals and the 9ers going back to their 3rd straight conference championship appearances? That's a bold prediction. Historically speaking the odds say neither of them even reach that game.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Bills and Dolphins fans how we feeling today? (Nobody cares about the Patriots)
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Putting all their eggs in the Pollard basket?
I suspect a high draft pick for a RB this year.
View Quote

Elliott is a fat, lazy, piece of shit. He came into the league running behind a great O line for 2 seasons. Held out to get paid early. Got fat, didn't do shit after the O line came back to the pack. Because he held out and got paid early, Jones had to overpay for Dak. Fuck Elliott with a broken beer bottle dipped in AIDS and shit.
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top