Page / 557
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:38:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Coach B to the Cowboys?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:40:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Detroit booing Stafford is Eagles level trashy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lions fans booing Stafford….i get it, but I don’t get it.  THEY traded him.

Yeah, that is weird.  In that situation most fanbases would give a round of applause… at least at the start of the game.

Detroit booing Stafford is Eagles level trashy.

Smaller market Eagles type fans.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:41:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Yes. Yes they did.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:42:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm starting to get an urge to make a small bet on GB to win the SB, just to cash in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a huge difference in expectations.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GDaI8C2aYAATeNR?format=jpg&name=small

The Cowboys were the 2nd best team in their conference and the #4 favorite to win the Super Bowl.

The fans here can say they never bought in, and I understand why that might be true, but they were really supposed to have a shot this year.

The Packers are a super young team with a first year starting QB, and their SB odds are such a long shot that they're not even on the chart.

The Packers are supposed to get beat down next week. But they were supposed to get beat down this week.
I'm starting to get an urge to make a small bet on GB to win the SB, just to cash in.

I bet the Packers at 200/1 to win the Super Bowl.  

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Official-2023-NFL-Discussion-Thread/5-2630680/?page=384#i107298851

Quoted:
Current Super Bowl odds.

For a mid-range value bet the Lions at 19/1 isn’t bad.

For a LONG-range value bet, I like Packers at 200/1. Part of the reason they have such long odds is they might not even make the playoffs.  But if they do, they’ll probably drop to 75/1 or less.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_4517_jpeg-3079013.JPG

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Seriously. There's not a team I was dreading more than the Cowboys.

Dak had his best season yet, the defense was lights out and even McCarthy did the unthinkable and CHANGED his play calling after the 49ers beats down.

They were a GREAT team this year and should have made it to the Conference championship.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Cowboys were the 2nd best team in their conference and the #4 favorite to win the Super Bowl.

The fans here can say they never bought in, and I understand why that might be true, but they were really supposed to have a shot this year.

The Packers are a super young team with a first year starting QB, and their SB odds are such a long shot that they're not even on the chart.

The Packers are supposed to get beat down next week. But they were supposed to get beat down this week.

Dak had his best season yet, the defense was lights out and even McCarthy did the unthinkable and CHANGED his play calling after the 49ers beats down.

They were a GREAT team this year and should have made it to the Conference championship.

You must not be familiar with Packers and Cowboys in the post season
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:43:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The team coming out that flat was disgusting, and I admit I feel bad for most Cowboys fans.

What they're being put through is brutal and dumb.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:44:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn yall are a lot more positive about the boys than I was.   The Cowboys haven't played with discipline since Tuna left.   They need a real coach and that is the last thing Jerry wants.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:45:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Now we know why hk wasn’t posting until late in the game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I even got a halftime blowie and it didn't really improve my mood.

Now we know why hk wasn’t posting until late in the game.

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:46:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly. How many times have the Cowboys beat the Packers, in the playoffs?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:46:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not supposed to work that way.

It's one thing when you have MVP level Aaron Rodgers driving the Pack against whatever incarnation of the Cowboys we get, but when you have a genuinely good Cowboys team vs a ragtag Packers crew with a first year starter, you don't just assume the Packers win it because they did in the Rodgers years.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The team coming out that flat was disgusting, and I admit I feel bad for most Cowboys fans.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What changes would or COULD you realistically make?

Dan Quinns defense's have produced huge amounts of turnovers.

McCarthy did BETTER playcalling than Kellan Moore did.

Dak played at an MVP level.

Could you REALLLY get rid of ANY of those next year and REALLY have a better season?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:46:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

McCarthy is not a bad a coach but I definitely think MLF was an upgrade. Not perfect. But an upgrade.

People forget MLF came in and was the coach for back to back MVP Rodgers.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes, it was that and hard to watch, for us long-suffering Cowboy fans. However, Packer fans could be looking at a similar beatdown next week, in San Fran.
If it does, I'll try to show a little more class than some of you and not kick you while you're down.
View Quote

I don't see pointing out it was historic is classless. Anything is possible, but there are some posters here who inundate the thread with how awesome the cowboy players are to the point where it's enjoyable to see them exposed against an above average team. It was posted earlier tonight that during the regular season they faced the lowest rated teams on both offense and defense. It's easy to look good against bad teams, but the playoffs isn't filled with chumps. Bring your A game of go home.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:49:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's not supposed to work that way.

It's one thing when you have MVP level Aaron Rodgers driving the Pack against whatever incarnation of the Cowboys we get, but when you have a genuinely good Cowboys team vs a ragtag Packers crew with a first year starter, you don't just assume the Packers win it because they did in the Rodgers years.
View Quote

I believe I did mention the fact that coming down to Dallas and beating us in the playoffs is how you get to be that MVP level quarterback.   I think Love is for real.  

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think so.

The Ravens defense is a bit better, and you can give them credit for playing a harder strength of schedule.

The 9ers have a good defense with a much better and more versatile offense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get that the 49ers are the best team in the league and this is 7 seed vs 1 seed with the 1 seed coming off a bye, but a 10 point spread might be a tad generous with this matchup.

You’d have them over the Ravens?

I think so.

The Ravens defense is a bit better, and you can give them credit for playing a harder strength of schedule.

Fortunately we don't really need to guess. Baltimore ran a prison rape on them in their own building.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Finally a stop!
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What changes would or COULD you realistically make?

Dan Quinns defense's have produced huge amounts of turnovers.

McCarthy did BETTER playcalling than Kellan Moore did.

Dak played at an MVP level.

Could you REALLLY get rid of ANY of those next year and REALLY have a better season?
View Quote

If Belichick was running that D, our kids would still be talking about them 30 years from now like we do the '85 Bears.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If Belichick was running that D, our kids would still be talking about them 30 years from now like we do the '85 Bears.
View Quote

Who's going to call the offense though?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet the Packers at 200/1 to win the Super Bowl.  

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Official-2023-NFL-Discussion-Thread/5-2630680/?page=384#i107298851

Quoted:
Current Super Bowl odds.

For a mid-range value bet the Lions at 19/1 isn’t bad.

For a LONG-range value bet, I like Packers at 200/1. Part of the reason they have such long odds is they might not even make the playoffs.  But if they do, they’ll probably drop to 75/1 or less.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_4517_jpeg-3079013.JPG

The Packers are currently +2200 BTW.

Not exactly +20000 value, but not bad.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:53:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Matt Patricia?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dak Padscott kind of has a ring to it
View Quote

Are you going to have a tantrum and run off like last year?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:55:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
AI
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 10:56:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Now we know why hk wasn't posting until late in the game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I even got a halftime blowie and it didn't really improve my mood.

Now we know why hk wasn't posting until late in the game.

I walked right into that one.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Fortunately we don't really need to guess. Baltimore ran a prison rape on them in their own building.
View Quote

The Bengals beat them 31-17 in SF.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:07:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not even a Baltimore fan, so I have no skin in this. But that's not really helping the case that SF is better than Baltimore.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:08:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A tantrum? No. Just telling people how I felt after listening to a whole seasons worth of shitting on a person non stop week after week.

Look at the differences in personnel between this year. The WR and TE group is almost entirely different.

Last year people were getting their pent up shots in on Rodgers and I didn't think that was fair.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Stafford might of torn an oblique muscle there.

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:10:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Stafford had the 1000yd stare as he hit the deck...
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

A tantrum? No. Just telling people how I felt after listening to a whole seasons worth of shitting on a person non stop week after week.
View Quote
I know.  The way everyone treats Dak is disgusting.

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Carson Wentz has the chance to do something funny.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:10:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Avenge me my brothers...bring back back Jason!

Chris
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

It looked like he got knocked out. Something looked off in his eyes. That was a brutal hit.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:11:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It looked like he got knocked out. Something looked off in his eyes. That was a brutal hit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should have been a flag.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:11:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:12:29 PM EDT
[#35]
If Stafford is out...game is over.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:12:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah. Maybe got the wind knocked out of him?

Not good for the Rams.

Though I'm sure Doc has some good shit to shoot him up with.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:14:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Him bouncing off of the 2nd guy is what made it worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should have been a flag.

If it was Mahomes, 3 flags would have been thrown onto the field.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:15:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

It looked like the second guy gave a forearm shiver
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:17:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm not even a Baltimore fan, so I have no skin in this. But that's not really helping the case that SF is better than Baltimore.
View Quote

They aren't.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:18:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
After a game like this I usually feel bad for the typical Cowboys fans, but it’s kinda like having a friend whose wife keeps cheating on them, they stay with her, and then they are shocked when they come home and she’s banging the UPS man.  At a certain point you stop feeling bad for him and instead you want to slap him and scream “WHY ARE YOU STILL SURPRISED BY THIS, YOU DUMBASS!?!”
View Quote

Doesn’t this analogy kinda make you like the husband that lets guys pay him to fuck his wife while he watches in the corner, given that you’re a Cowboys fan who regularly watches the games and bets against them?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:19:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Look at the differences in personnel between this year. The WR and TE group is almost entirely different.

Last year people were getting their pent up shots in on Rodgers and I didn't think that was fair.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is entertaining though.

GB looked good, Dallas looked bad today.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:22:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Rodgers was coming off back to MVP seasons and had a shit OL and shit WR corps.

When Dak wins a SB and multiple MVP awards coming off back to back MVP seasons I'll have sympathy.

People were rushing in to call Rodgers washed and a shitbag over the vaccine bullshit and I'd have enough of it.

I'm still a Packers fan at heart but we all got robbed of seeing what the Jets would have done this season.

I don't expect them to entertain his personnel requests for a second season outside of Bahk.

It just feels like half the league was waiting for Rodgers to have a bad year and they finally got one.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:22:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pffttt. Another 2 pic loss in the playoffs. He deserves the hate thrown his way. Maybe spending a few days in complete darkness will fix him.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:24:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Avenge me my brothers...bring back back Jason!

Chris
View Quote

Would he even accept the job? Seems like he has a way cushier gig now, and is probably being paid well.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:27:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Rams run game is going.

This thing is over. One score. Put a fork in the Lions.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:31:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My issue with the Cowboys is Jerry Jones. The way he treated Landry was incredibly messed up, and I thought firing Schramm was a bad move. He is not a likable person, at all.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:36:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

My issue with the Cowboys is Jerry Jones. The way he treated Landry was incredibly messed up, and I thought firing Schramm was a bad move. He is not a likable person, at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're not wrong.  Most Cowboys fans wish Jerry would go away.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:40:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get that the 49ers are the best team in the league and this is 7 seed vs 1 seed with the 1 seed coming off a bye, but a 10 point spread might be a tad generous with this matchup.

You’d have them over the Ravens?

I think so.

Using single game head to head results can be very misleading.

I mean... the Ravens lost both games they played against the Steelers. Does that mean the Ravens are doomed if the Steelers escape Buffalo?
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:42:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Yup. Lions are trash. All that storing in the 1st Qtr is done. Rams get a FG here? It's done

SOL. They'll never be good
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top