Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 557
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:22:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shout out lions, a lot of people here thought their draft choices this year were gonna set them back, but they gotta home play off win. What a day for them.
View Quote

And the draft choices balled out.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:24:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Boo Stafford for something the Lions did.

Okay then.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lions fans booing Stafford….i get it, but I don’t get it.  THEY traded him.

We all rooted for him to win the Super Bowl.   He did.   Now he can receive boos.

Boo Stafford for something the Lions did.

Okay then.

They would have booed whoever it was.   Stafford just got booed more.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:24:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

IIRC ALL except for ONE of Brad Holmes draft picks are still on the team.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:25:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holmes has done a magnificent job.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:27:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now he just needs to find a way to keep Ben Johnson as the OC.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:27:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Competency crisis.  It's bad enough when airplanes fall from the sky, but this is unacceptable.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:30:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Goff just did something Stafford never could do in Detroit

So much for all those hold-over 'we won the trade' Rams fans lmao
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Having some extra first round picks helps.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:33:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Competency crisis.  It's bad enough when airplanes fall from the sky, but this is unacceptable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

When a local station did this, I recall afterwards they kept claiming that “legally” they had to go full screen for entire tornado warning.  I didn’t check, but that sounded like bullshit to me.  I’ve seen plenty of T warnings that were simply scrolls at the bottom of the screen or short 30 second PIP segments.

Quoted:

Haha, something like that happened in my market a while back about a Tornado warning 50+ miles away from me.  IIRC, that was a Lions game that came down to the final seconds too.

Whats insane was they could have just had a scrolling warning at the bottom of the screen or at least had a PiP, but nope. They got crucified on social media for it.  I kinda felt bad for the weather guy as it definitely wasn’t his decision.

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:34:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Stafford is clearly the better QB, but not so much to overcome all those extra draft picks. Personally, I think the Rams paid too much (but don't they always?) for Stafford when they probably would have won that Super Bowl anyway with Goff.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:34:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup. Lions are trash. All that storing in the 1st Qtr is done. Rams get a FG here? It's done

SOL. They'll never be good

They were good before the SB era. Who is to blame for their problems since? Owners?

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2652877-urban-legends-the-curse-of-bobby-layne.amp.html

Also owners.

The beginning of the end.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:34:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The RGWeed situation is a good example of Stephen Jones’ genius.

View Quote

Robert Griffin is selling weed?????
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:37:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And draft some good cb
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:41:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The RGWeed situation is a good example of Stephen Jones’ genius.

Randy Gregory.

Jerry wanted him. Stephen didn’t.  So Stephen worked in some language into the contract that he knew would send RGWeed running and sure enough, it worked.  Jerry was furious, the media laughed at the Cowboys for “botching” the deal, and less than two years later, Stephen Jones was proven right.  Again.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:43:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:10:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:10:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Stafford is clearly the better QB, but not so much to overcome all those extra draft picks. Personally, I think the Rams paid too much (but don't they always?) for Stafford when they probably would have won that Super Bowl anyway with Goff.
View Quote

Unless Goff did some voodoo magic after he left LA, he will implode in big games when he has to make it happen. He doesn’t drive down the field for a game winner. Think Alex Smith, he’s good but not great.

As for the picks…any team even Jerry himself would pay a kings ransom to win a SB, the end goal of any season regardless of the future… did the Rams not win that trade? The Rams won a SB with the same QB the Lions couldn’t even end a season over .500 with along with forcing Calvin Johnson into retirement over their mediocrity.

The Lions were using Goff as a placeholder until they found out he’s not terrible(we knew that ) and they aren’t going to get lucky in the draft. They have to ride him and hope for the best.

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:36:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We all rooted for him to win the Super Bowl.   He did.   Now he can receive boos.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 2:15:55 AM EDT
[#20]
The NEW new^21 WORST Playoff Game Ever!
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 2:20:40 AM EDT
[#21]

The intro
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 2:31:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

WOAH there buddy stop rushing to conclusions

As a perennially butthurt Brady fan Super Bowl LVI was the Bucs' lost ring if it hadn't been for that deluxe Stafford-to-Kupp connection that no other QB could have had, even Stafford's familiar ruggedness throughout that season and leadership in reigning in that O-line played crucial. Rams were finished in '22 if it hadn't been for their qb.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 2:39:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They were good before the SB era. Who is to blame for their problems since? Owners?
View Quote

100% owners.  They treated like a side show forever and only kept them as a status thing for the Huron mountain club.     Shelia ford made it her business to actually compete.   She really turned it around.  

ETA:  bye bye Barry on prime explains it all.  Joe Montana called and to play there with Barry and the owners wouldn’t pay for him.  

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 2:44:32 AM EDT
[#24]
"Since '95" - The ULTIMATE parody song about the NFL's overrated Dallas Cowboys
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 3:06:37 AM EDT
[#25]
If there were any doubt:

It'll be interesting to see what the professionals say about this tackle. It's tough to watch.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 3:22:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Randy Gregory.

Jerry wanted him. Stephen didn’t.  So Stephen worked in some language into the contract that he knew would send RGWeed running and sure enough, it worked.  Jerry was furious, the media laughed at the Cowboys for “botching” the deal, and less than two years later, Stephen Jones was proven right.  Again.
View Quote

That was worth it

However, I believe what sent him to Denver was some guaranteed for injury language the Cowboys insisted on. Is he even in the league anymore? Seems like a good move.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 3:48:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That was worth it

However, I believe what sent him to Denver was some guaranteed for injury language the Cowboys insisted on. Is he even in the league anymore? Seems like a good move.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Randy Gregory.

That was worth it

Actually, it was a “morality” clause.  Basically, if Gregory got in trouble off the field, he could lose guaranteed money.  Even his past, Stephen knew that would be a deal breaker.

Gregory signed a 5 year/$70M deal with the Broncos, shit the bed, and then got traded to 9ers early this season in an exchange of a 7th round pick for a 6th round pick.  He has yet to start a game for the 9ers.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 3:48:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 3:53:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If there were any doubt:

It'll be interesting to see what the professionals say about this tackle. It's tough to watch.
View Quote

Say what specifically about the tackle?

It was a 100% legal play by a player trying to make a tackle while avoiding a penalty.  If anyone has a problem with it, they should take it up with the league who designed the rules to encourage hits like this.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:12:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Actually, it was a “morality” clause.  Basically, if Gregory got in trouble off the field, he could lose guaranteed money.  Even his past, Stephen knew that would be a deal breaker.

Gregory signed a 5 year/$70M deal with the Broncos, shit the bed, and then got traded to 9ers early this season in an exchange of a 7th round pick for a 6th round pick.  He has yet to start a game for the 9ers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Randy Gregory.

That was worth it

Yeah...sounds like a good deal for Dallas. I do recall the contention being a part of his deal being guaranteed for injury though...not weed related. The weed thing has pretty much been 86'd at this point. I'm pretty certain it was being guaranteed for injury.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:38:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:52:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yeah...sounds like a good deal for Dallas. I do recall the contention being a part of his deal being guaranteed for injury though...not weed related. The weed thing has pretty much been 86'd at this point. I'm pretty certain it was being guaranteed for injury.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Randy Gregory.

That was worth it

Not weed specific.  Just general “if you fuck up, we take your money.”

“However, there was a disagreement in the contract language that allowed the Cowboys to claim any bonuses if a player is fined or suspended.”

https://www.nfl.com/news/randy-gregory-expected-to-sign-with-broncos-after-agreeing-to-deal-with-cowboys
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 5:06:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

“However, there was a disagreement in the contract language that allowed the Cowboys to claim any bonuses if a player is fined or suspended.”

https://www.nfl.com/news/randy-gregory-expected-to-sign-with-broncos-after-agreeing-to-deal-with-cowboys
View Quote

Well they classify "fucking up" as becoming injured, so still seems like a great personnel move for the Cowboys. Randy Gregory was and is a "fuck up"

And he never got close to delivering on his Denver contract. He is a fuck up.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 5:24:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Well they classify "fucking up" as becoming injured, so still seems like a great personnel move for the Cowboys. Randy Gregory was and is a "fuck up"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Millions of dollars on the line and the moron got popped for weed about 87 times.  Definitely a fuck up.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 6:31:37 AM EDT
[#35]

see that is hi quality Cowboys bashing.  Some of the resident Cowboys haters need to take notes lol
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#36]

That's outstanding !!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 7:54:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

see that is hi quality Cowboys bashing.  Some of the resident Cowboys haters need to take notes lol
View Quote

I feel sorry for true and loyal Cowboys fans.
I give no quarter to the phony turn coats that brag about betting against them. They run and hide like cockroaches when a light comes on and and ride it out trying to justify their supposedly constant windfalls in the betting world because they are so smart.

MVP ! MVP ! MVP !
I'm glad that 3 months long mantra is finally over, it was worse than "Keep Pounding !"
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, I might wait a day or two to watch. Still pissed off at Dak and company. The defense sucked as bad as Dak, if not worse.
On another note, the local DFW lakes/wind are producing lake effect snow. It doesn't happen very often. Cold AF.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:40:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:53:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Congrats go out to the Lions. Won a tight one. Pretty good for people talking about us having the weakest division in the NFC.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Rams didn’t win a Super Bowl with Goff.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Rams won a Super Bowl
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#44]
I stayed out of the thread last night to focus on the games since it the playoffs.

I come back today, and boy it got spicy in here

And the influx of new posters

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Prescott QB rating from last night 43.4

Ouch.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Prescott QB rating from last night 43.4

Ouch.
View Quote

Meanwhile...

Dak Prescott's old timey passer rating yesterday: 89.8

Tom Brady's post season career old timey passer rating: 89.8

It's almost as if it's not a very good stat.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#49]
19 pages of comments since I left on Friday. You guys wild.

Meanwhile:

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup. Lions are trash. All that storing in the 1st Qtr is done. Rams get a FG here? It's done

SOL. They'll never be good

Playing the River City Muskrats or some shit…

Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top