Attachment Attached File

“You and the woman he tells you not to worry about.”

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's not supposed to work that way.

It's one thing when you have MVP level Aaron Rodgers driving the Pack against whatever incarnation of the Cowboys we get, but when you have a genuinely good Cowboys team vs a ragtag Packers crew with a first year starter, you don't just assume the Packers win it because they did in the Rodgers years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a huge difference in expectations.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GDaI8C2aYAATeNR?format=jpg&name=small

The Cowboys were the 2nd best team in their conference and the #4 favorite to win the Super Bowl.

The fans here can say they never bought in, and I understand why that might be true, but they were really supposed to have a shot this year.

The Packers are a super young team with a first year starting QB, and their SB odds are such a long shot that they're not even on the chart.

The Packers are supposed to get beat down next week. But they were supposed to get beat down this week.

Seriously. There's not a team I was dreading more than the Cowboys.

Dak had his best season yet, the defense was lights out and even McCarthy did the unthinkable and CHANGED his play calling after the 49ers beats down.

They were a GREAT team this year and should have made it to the Conference championship.

You must not be familiar with Packers and Cowboys in the post season

It's one thing when you have MVP level Aaron Rodgers driving the Pack against whatever incarnation of the Cowboys we get, but when you have a genuinely good Cowboys team vs a ragtag Packers crew with a first year starter, you don't just assume the Packers win it because they did in the Rodgers years.

So you’re saying we shouldn’t expect the Niners to run through GB like they have several times in the playoffs the last couple decades?

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
19 pages of comments since I left on Friday. You guys wild.

Meanwhile:

View Quote

NBC had a two minute puff piece about that during half time yesterday. They made it sound like it was a great societal achievement or something.

A lot has happened since Friday. It's a playoff weekend, and there's been lots of action:

-The Browns defense got incinerated by a rookie QB.
-Mahomes's helmet shattered in the cold.
-A white CB forced a fumble for the first time since 2001.
-NY's governor pulled a Jabroni.
-Dallas's DBs went to Whataburger when they were supposed to be in coverage.
-Jordan Love looks like a legit successor to Favre and Rodgers.
-Dak Prescott matched Tom Brady's career playoff passer rating.
-JFK missed his second Detroit Lions playoff win.

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

So you’re saying we shouldn’t expect the Niners to run through GB like they have several times in the playoffs the last couple decades?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Cowboys were the 2nd best team in their conference and the #4 favorite to win the Super Bowl.

The fans here can say they never bought in, and I understand why that might be true, but they were really supposed to have a shot this year.

The Packers are a super young team with a first year starting QB, and their SB odds are such a long shot that they're not even on the chart.

The Packers are supposed to get beat down next week. But they were supposed to get beat down this week.

Dak had his best season yet, the defense was lights out and even McCarthy did the unthinkable and CHANGED his play calling after the 49ers beats down.

They were a GREAT team this year and should have made it to the Conference championship.

I’ll definitely be rooting for a change of fortune.

Quoted:

Current Super Bowl odds.

For a mid-range value bet the Lions at 19/1 isn’t bad.

For a LONG-range value bet, I like Packers at 200/1. Part of the reason they have such long odds is they might not even make the playoffs.  But if they do, they’ll probably drop to 75/1 or less.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_4517_jpeg-3079013.JPG

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Unless Goff did some voodoo magic after he left LA, he will implode in big games when he has to make it happen. He doesn’t drive down the field for a game winner. Think Alex Smith, he’s good but not great.

As for the picks…any team even Jerry himself would pay a kings ransom to win a SB, the end goal of any season regardless of the future… did the Rams not win that trade? The Rams won a SB with the same QB the Lions couldn’t even end a season over .500 with along with forcing Calvin Johnson into retirement over their mediocrity.

The Lions were using Goff as a placeholder until they found out he’s not terrible(we knew that ) and they aren’t going to get lucky in the draft. They have to ride him and hope for the best.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stafford is clearly the better QB, but not so much to overcome all those extra draft picks. Personally, I think the Rams paid too much (but don't they always?) for Stafford when they probably would have won that Super Bowl anyway with Goff.

Unless Goff did some voodoo magic after he left LA, he will implode in big games when he has to make it happen. He doesn’t drive down the field for a game winner. Think Alex Smith, he’s good but not great.

As for the picks…any team even Jerry himself would pay a kings ransom to win a SB, the end goal of any season regardless of the future… did the Rams not win that trade? The Rams won a SB with the same QB the Lions couldn’t even end a season over .500 with along with forcing Calvin Johnson into retirement over their mediocrity.

The Lions were using Goff as a placeholder until they found out he’s not terrible(we knew that ) and they aren’t going to get lucky in the draft. They have to ride him and hope for the best.

I think what the Rams did to Goff, and how the Lions have handled him turned him into the QB he is right now.

He was playing great early with McVay in his ear, but that soured somehow. Now he’s doing it “on his own”.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Sent this to my wife & I got the most WI answer back

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#8]

They have 4 hours left to get ready
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Looks like $20 and a stadium hot dog was only good enough to bring in about 8 people? Glad that worked out for them.

Edit:

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:00:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Current Super Bowl odds.

For a LONG-range value bet, I like Packers at 200/1. Part of the reason they have such long odds is they might not even make the playoffs.  But if they do, they’ll probably drop to 75/1 or less.

Even though I don’t bet, when you initially posted that I thought it was a great value.

They’re hot at the right time, even if the odds are still against them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Good luck with that. Only 30? Not good.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Looks like $20 and a stadium hot dog was only good enough to bring in about 8 people? Glad that worked out for them.

Edit:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GD4wRHvXAAAPwpq?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GD5G_IPXgAAuQJe?format=jpg&name=small
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit:

They weren’t letting people travel to the stadium. It is going to be a shitshow.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Edit:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit:

Considering there is still a driving ban in Lackawanna
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Orchard Park is sunny and tailgating has started.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They weren't letting people travel to the stadium. It is going to be a shitshow.
View Quote
Dozens of people on Reddit told me that $20 and stadium food was a "great deal" that many people would take advantage of and that the Bills Mafia's "pride" would get it done.

Come on down in the dark, during a blizzard, shovel snow all night long (don't forget to bring your own shovel), while it continues to blizzard, in a state of emergency, here's your hot dog. Thanks for coming. Fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:08:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Orchard Park is sunny and tailgating has started.
View Quote

It appears the drinking started early:

Video at this link:

https://themessenger.com/news/watch-buffalo-bills-fan-shirtless-slides-snow-shoveling-out-highmark-stadium-game?utm_source=onsite&utm_medium=related_story
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:09:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Mafia is already assembling in the private lots to drink. Let them get a couple beers in them and hand them a shovel.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:10:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Even though I don’t bet, when you initially posted that I thought it was a great value.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Current Super Bowl odds.

The biggest hurdle is this weekend.  If the Packers can beat the Cowboys on the road and the 49ers on the road, then beating the Lions/Eagles/Bucs on the road should be a comparative walk in the park.  Though that defense is still a pretty big concern, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dozens of people on Reddit told me that $20 and stadium food was a "great deal" that many people would take advantage of and that the Bills Mafia's "pride" would get it done.

Come on down in the dark, during a blizzard, shovel snow all night long (don't forget to bring your own shovel), while it continues to blizzard, in a state of emergency, here's your hot dog. Thanks for coming. Fucking idiots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They weren't letting people travel to the stadium. It is going to be a shitshow.

If they were allowed on the roads, they would have been there all night. Instead they are only getting neighborhood people who can walk. Of course the media is allowed to drive….
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Edit:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit:

Driving ban didn't help. People would have needed to walk through snow that deep to get there and back home
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:14:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Driving ban didn't help. People would have needed to walk through snow that deep to get there and back home
View Quote
Even better. Walk through a blizzard, then shovel snow for $20 an hour and a hot dog.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If they were allowed on the roads, they would have been there all night. Instead they are only getting neighborhood people who can walk. Of course the media is allowed to drive .
View Quote
From the article Tin posted up above, video in this Tweet from a block from the stadium. At the time this guy posted this video, there were some volunteers in the stadium shoveling snow.

People are nuts.

Edit: Satellite view of that intersection.

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I stayed out of the thread last night to focus on the games since it the playoffs.

I come back today, and boy it got spicy in here

And the influx of new posters

View Quote

I'm glad i was on a plane most of yesterday... today, I have to set up a shop so I'm hoping to be done by 330
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:23:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
From the article Tin posted up above, video in this Tweet from a block from the stadium. At the time this guy posted this video, there were some volunteers in the stadium shoveling snow.

People are nuts.

https://i.imgur.com/uKD8pL0.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they were allowed on the roads, they would have been there all night. Instead they are only getting neighborhood people who can walk. Of course the media is allowed to drive .

People are nuts.

https://i.imgur.com/uKD8pL0.png

I looked at the live stream posted earlier, it was just about daybreak when I first looked. There were already a few people on skidsteers working on the parking lot and some traffic on the road. They are filing in that lot now with tents up and flags flying.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Were the Bills seriously only paying people $20 and one hot dog, or are we embellishing for entertainment's sake?

Methinks they must be paying $20/hr. and unlimited food...right?
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not exactly, but if I'm the 9'ers, I'm pretty nervous about what we watched yesterday.

The 9ers are a carefully built contender, they're the clear best team in their conference, the other conference looks like crap, and perhaps most importantly, they're healthy. They are very much in a window, and they need to win it now.

Meanwhile, the Packers aren't built for anything. They're a project. The season is already a success. They've been on house money since they clinched the 7 seed, and they have nothing to lose. They're in run what you brung mode, and they're here to have fun and break stuff.

The 2023 9ers are an exotic sports car. Very expensive, quality components throughout, and the result of careful planning and decision making.

The 2023 Packers are a Roadkill car. It's cheap, there's holes in the floorboard, it's full of zip ties, the hood is off to keep the engine cool, but it still makes a terrifying amount of power because why wouldn't it?

The Packers could experience a catastrophic failure of a diff (or a defensive coordinator lol) or something and blow the game for an easy win, but if they don't?

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Stop being a twat
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Were the Bills seriously only paying people $20 and one hot dog, or are we embellishing for entertainment's sake?

View Quote

I doubt it.  I’m sure some in Bills Mafia would do it for free.

What is minimum wage up there?
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
The original announcement on Friday was to have people arrive at 10pm Saturday night, bring their own shovels if they can, and would receive $20 an hour, food would be provided.

Screenshot from the Bills website:

Edit: Reminder. 10pm Saturday into Sunday morning was right in the middle of the snowstorm. Videos posted on social late Saturday night through Sunday showed a small group of fans shoveling snow in the stadium as the snow was still falling and wind was whipping it around.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don’t know about unlimited food, but the Bills were offering $20/hr
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The original announcement on Friday was to have people arrive at 10pm Saturday night, bring their own shovels if they can, and would receive $20 an hour, food would be provided.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’d be even more fucked up if the announcement was for $20 hour and then after they did the work, the Bills pulled one of these:

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Meanwhile:

View Quote

I don’t get all the fuss, this is where tv has headed. Of course we’re getting more.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

The $20 is per hour. Not sure on the food
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#34]
They have uncovered the field and it looks good. Stands are fucked. Edit: Photo from within the last half an hour.

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:41:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don’t get all the fuss, this is where tv has headed. Of course we’re getting more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meanwhile:

True, but making an NFL playoff game (and one featuring the defending Super Bowl champs and NFL poster boy, no less) a “paid streaming service only” game is definitely a milestone.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
They have uncovered the field and it looks good. Stands are fucked. Edit: Photo from within the last half an hour.

https://i.redd.it/npiln73b0ncc1.jpeg
View Quote

Plenty of snowball material still in the stands. Pittsburgh players will be pelted with them all afternoon probably.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Plenty of snowball material still in the stands. Pittsburgh players will be pelted with them all afternoon probably.
View Quote
Wouldn't be the first time the Bills were penalized for the crowd throwing snow.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

True, but making an NFL playoff game (and one featuring the defending Super Bowl champs and NFL poster boy, no less) a “paid streaming service only” game is definitely a milestone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meanwhile:

I agree, I just don’t get why people are so upset (not anyone here in particular).

This year’s nfl package was on YouTube.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:46:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Wouldn't be the first time the Bills were penalized for the crowd throwing snow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least it’s not a black dildo!
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Nice sunrise photo the Bills posted this morning when they announced they still needed more snow shovelers.

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Oof. That sucks. About an hour ago.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#42]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xauObFFUalU

Those bills fans are idiots walking on the street. Use the sidewalk!

edit: you can see the wind is really whipping. The camera is so shaky. Wasn't like that earlier.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Some desperate ticket sellers for the Buffalo game right now. Trying to clear inventory. Dozens of tickets for under $100 on Ticket Master. Ready to watch those prices just drop further and further in the next couple hours.

Guy on Reddit trying to sell a ticket he bought for $500 before the weather announcements, now trying to sell it for $100. Is a 100 level, 12th row seat. Unbelievable price for a ticket that close due to the weather.

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Splain.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Splain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Splain.

Zach Wilson with his girlfriend.

Zach Wilson’s girlfriend with her mom.

Zach Wilson likes moms.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Are the roads closed just for the stadium area and surrounding blocks? If its the whole are there will be no fans anyway. If they are like packer fans they wouldn't give a shit and sit on snow. They probably prefer it compared to those shitty ass bench seats at GB.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Are the roads closed just for the stadium area and surrounding blocks? If its the whole are there will be no fans anyway. If they are like packer fans they wouldn't give a shit and sit on snow. They probably prefer it compared to those shitty ass bench seats at GB.
View Quote
They were closed yesterday. Open today. From social media/webcams, the roads are fine. Lots of the lots are plowed and good looking. Just massive snow banks/mounds cutting down the amount of parking.

The Bills are offering free shuttles to the stadium from surrounding areas today. Parking probably won't be an issue.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xauObFFUalU

Those bills fans are idiots walking on the street. Use the sidewalk!

edit: you can see the wind is really whipping. The camera is so shaky. Wasn't like that earlier.
View Quote

There is still a band of lake effect snow just north of Orchard Park in Buffalo. If the wind shifts a bit to the south things could go to shit in a hurry at the stadium.

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was an hour. No idea how much food but I assume more than one hot dog.

I have been listening to WGR, people are lined up to get into the lots.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 2:08:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
They were closed yesterday. Open today. From social media/webcams, the roads are fine. Lots of the lots are plowed and good looking. Just massive snow banks/mounds cutting down the amount of parking.

The Bills are offering free shuttles to the stadium from surrounding areas today. Parking probably won't be an issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As of 630 this AM when I went by, roads are great (all things considered). They were working on the lots but have alternate solutions.

Stadium seating is the issue. 2-3 feet throughout, with very little dug out. Help couldn't get there until this morning....so it's just been a matter of time. .
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top