Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 557
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:26:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Absolutely sick and disgusted that McCarthy is coming back for more of the same. Only difference next season is there will be no more cupcake games. They’ll have a brutal schedule next year and will be lucky to win 6-8 games tops. Life long second generation fan/season ticket holder here too but I’m boycotting next season. IF they resign Dak “The Long Con” Prescott to some ludicrous contract extension I will be opting out too for however long he’s on the roster. The madness has reached epic proportions with thinking this QB and coach can win in the playoffs or even big games during the regular season. Its ridiculous.
View Quote

I’ll ask you the same question I asked the Cowboys fans who made similar comments about Romo: “Okay, say the Cowboys release/don’t resign your franchise top 10 QB.  Who is your realistic QB replacement?”
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

There's a huge difference in the QB and HC situations.

At QB, there's a near 0% chance Dallas will have the opportunity to acquire a QB better than Dak. There won't be any in FA, nobody trades QBs like that, and Dallas picking at #24 with as many as 15 QB needy teams in front of them.

Meanwhile, there's a six pack of HC candidates on the market right now with at least the potential to be better than McCarthy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely sick and disgusted that McCarthy is coming back for more of the same. Only difference next season is there will be no more cupcake games. They’ll have a brutal schedule next year and will be lucky to win 6-8 games tops. Life long second generation fan/season ticket holder here too but I’m boycotting next season. IF they resign Dak “The Long Con” Prescott to some ludicrous contract extension I will be opting out too for however long he’s on the roster. The madness has reached epic proportions with thinking this QB and coach can win in the playoffs or even big games during the regular season. Its ridiculous.

At QB, there's a near 0% chance Dallas will have the opportunity to acquire a QB better than Dak. There won't be any in FA, nobody trades QBs like that, and Dallas picking at #24 with as many as 15 QB needy teams in front of them.

Meanwhile, there's a six pack of HC candidates on the market right now with at least the potential to be better than McCarthy.

That’s fair. I still dont think Dak is the guy, but McCarthy is the bigger problem (and not just because he’s a giant fucking tub of goo) who is more easily replaced.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:32:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2024/01/17/jerod-mayo-new-england-patriots-coach-bill-belichick/72255673007/

"Mayo is the franchise's first Black head coach, a distinction he said "means a lot to me." Kraft referred to himself as "colorblind" when making decisions for the team.

Mayo says he sees it differently.

“I do see color. If you don't see color, you can't see racism," Mayo said."

The eyerolling has started already in New England with the new coach's comments.
View Quote

Stupid comments from both Kraft and Mayo. If Kraft were truly colorblind it wouldn't have meant anything special to him. If I were Kraft though I would bust the new coach's ass for starting right out of the gate with a racist attitude.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:33:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I’ll ask you the same question I asked the Cowboys fans who made similar comments about Romo: “Okay, say the Cowboys release/don’t resign your franchise top 10 QB.  Who is your realistic QB replacement?”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why can't they just pull off the Apollo 13 level task of evaluating and trading up for an elite QB at #10 like KC did?

Or why can't they just find a kickass elite (Brady) or franchise (Purdy) guy on day 3 like NE and SF did?

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What were the first half offense stats for that game again ???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it was the offense that royally shit the bed turning in their worst performance of the season, I’d be pissed at keeping McCarthy.

However, with it being the defense that royally shit the bed turning in their worst performance of the season, I’m indifferent.  Realistically, there aren’t any viable candidates that are a “wow, that guy would DEFINITELY be better and would be willing to put up with Jerry” choice.

Also, I’m not as high as others on the prospect of a HC that is 5 years away from the average US male life expectancy and requires the greatest QB in NFL history to be successful.  

The offense didn’t look as bad as they did in the 49ers game and the offense didn’t look as bad as they did in the Bills game; hence not “their worst performance of the season,” IMO.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:10:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You can offer up all the rationalizations and denials you want, but the fact is the Packers won a Super Bowl with McCarthy, he left, and the Packers, despite being in much better positions to win another Super Bowl, couldn’t even win a conference championship.

And yet here you sit, trashing the man that’s the reason your franchise didn’t completely piss away the career of “the most talented QB in NFL history.”

https://quizzicalllama.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/89925-boy-youre-an-ungrateful-jackas-fkks.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something something Aaron Rodgers something something 1 SB ring something wasted HoF career

Post-McCarthy, the Packers haven’t won a Super Bowl despite having a first ballot HoF QB and the #1 seed multiple times.

You should be thanking Mike McCarthy that the Packers had even had ONE Super Bowl with A-a-ron.

So in other words, GB hasn’t won a SB in the last 5 years. Big whoop?

The point is…

Notcalifornialegal (not trying to single you out, just pointing out that you posted the post I was commenting toward) can point at the record or player achievements or playoff appearances as positive examples of McCarthy’s coaching, but at the end of the day the reasons the Cowboys should consider firing McCarthy are the same reasons Rodgers/Packers ended up getting the criticism I posted. BG got it right in his post. McCarthy fucks your team over in the dumbest, most improbable, of ways. Every Packer fan in this thread could fill pages of this thread with the dumb shit McCarthy did himself, or that the team did under his coaching. Cowboys fans have an impressive start to their lists as well. IIRC the last plays of their previous two playoff appearances should be near the top of those lists.

For as much good as McCarthy might do for a team, he gets in the way of success just as much.  

You can offer up all the rationalizations and denials you want, but the fact is the Packers won a Super Bowl with McCarthy, he left, and the Packers, despite being in much better positions to win another Super Bowl, couldn’t even win a conference championship.

And yet here you sit, trashing the man that’s the reason your franchise didn’t completely piss away the career of “the most talented QB in NFL history.”

https://quizzicalllama.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/89925-boy-youre-an-ungrateful-jackas-fkks.gif

I know you’re just giving me shit for fun, but to be serious for a sec…

I totally appreciate what he did. You can stick with a coach like that & he’ll keep the team competitive enough that you’ll keep getting opportunities to go win a SB, but he’s just also going to be be part of the problem on why those teams keep stepping on their own dicks. Especially when it counts. Frankly, I think it was luck combined with “freshness” when they made the SB run. All those other times they got close they were one or two lucky breaks from repeating. In some ways that’s just the NFL, but in McCarthy’s case there is plenty of incompetence as well.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Everyone arguing, should Jerry keep McCarthy, should he fire McCarthy, when it doesn't matter. It makes zero difference.

If he fired McCarthy, he isn't hiring anyone that is a big name, high quality coach. He would hire another Jason Garrett/Mike McCarthy/Wade Phillips. He has hired one leader since Jimmy Johnson, and he hated every second of every day while Bill Parcells was there. We ain't getting another Bill Parcells. We will get another Jason Garrett. So it doesn't matter.

The name will be different, but they will be shat out from the same womb. It. Doesn't. Matter. Frankly, McCarthy is probably the best coach of that variation that Jerry could find, keep him. Why not?
View Quote

To be fair, I don’t disagree with you there.

They just SHOULD make a better attempt.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I totally appreciate what he did. You can stick with a coach like that & he’ll keep the team competitive enough that you’ll keep getting opportunities to go win a SB, but he’s just also going to be be part of the problem on why those teams keep stepping on their own dicks. Especially when it counts. Frankly, I think it was luck combined with “freshness” when they made the SB run. All those other times they got close they were one or two lucky breaks from repeating. In some ways that’s just the NFL, but in McCarthy’s case there is plenty of incompetence as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something something Aaron Rodgers something something 1 SB ring something wasted HoF career

Post-McCarthy, the Packers haven’t won a Super Bowl despite having a first ballot HoF QB and the #1 seed multiple times.

You should be thanking Mike McCarthy that the Packers had even had ONE Super Bowl with A-a-ron.

So in other words, GB hasn’t won a SB in the last 5 years. Big whoop?

The point is…

Notcalifornialegal (not trying to single you out, just pointing out that you posted the post I was commenting toward) can point at the record or player achievements or playoff appearances as positive examples of McCarthy’s coaching, but at the end of the day the reasons the Cowboys should consider firing McCarthy are the same reasons Rodgers/Packers ended up getting the criticism I posted. BG got it right in his post. McCarthy fucks your team over in the dumbest, most improbable, of ways. Every Packer fan in this thread could fill pages of this thread with the dumb shit McCarthy did himself, or that the team did under his coaching. Cowboys fans have an impressive start to their lists as well. IIRC the last plays of their previous two playoff appearances should be near the top of those lists.

For as much good as McCarthy might do for a team, he gets in the way of success just as much.  

I’m glad you realized I was just fooling about.

But since you want to get serious for a sec…

After McCarthy left having won a Super Bowl as a WC team, the Packers were worse in the postseason with Rodgers.  Back-to-back seasons they had the #1 seed and they went a combined 1-2 going one and done against a team that DIDN’T SCORE AN OFFENSIVE TD.  

You obvious know more about the Packers than I do, but from what I’ve seen, it seems unfair to trash McCarthy for the Packers “only” having one Super Bowl with Rodgers when things got even worse after McCarthy left.  How much of that is on Rodgers himself?  There’s a reason he has that absurd 0-87 (or whatever) record when his team is losing by more than 1 point in the 4th quarter.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:37:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Bill is scheduled for a 2nd interview with the Falcons this weekend. Interview will be attended by owner Arthur Blank, CEO Rich McKay and GM Terry Fontenot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:38:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Detroit did.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

By every metric the Dallas offense shit the bed.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Reba: National Anthem
Andra Day: Lift Every Voice and Sing

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Reba: National Anthem
Andra Day: Lift Every Voice and Sing

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GEIMP_LXMAAXcPc?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

I wish the NFL would just go ahead and burn a white volunteer alive at the stake. Millions of liberals would love to die to show how much they hate white people.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Detroit did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Detroit did.

Well, when the other guys are offering a near equivalent QB that's also younger plus a pile of draft picks, who were they to say no?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:55:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everyone arguing, should Jerry keep McCarthy, should he fire McCarthy, when it doesn't matter. It makes zero difference.

If he fired McCarthy, he isn't hiring anyone that is a big name, high quality coach. He would hire another Jason Garrett/Mike McCarthy/Wade Phillips. He has hired one leader since Jimmy Johnson, and he hated every second of every day while Bill Parcells was there. We ain't getting another Bill Parcells. We will get another Jason Garrett. So it doesn't matter.

The name will be different, but they will be shat out from the same womb. It. Doesn't. Matter. Frankly, McCarthy is probably the best coach of that variation that Jerry could find, keep him. Why not?

I agree 100%. Even in the shit Dave Campo years, Texas Stadium was filled every home game, the loyal fans deserve the best effort.

I wish Jerry had had a change of heart after that debacle. I wish he turned the team over to a real NFL GM. And that GM hired Verable. But no. Jerry is more convinced that HIS way is the correct way. He has just smashed his dick 10 times with a book and is convinced the 11th time is going to feel great.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well, when the other guys are offering a near equivalent QB that's also younger plus a pile of draft picks, who were they to say no?
View Quote

Yeah, if I was Detroit, I'd have said "Shut up and take Stafford" as fast as I possibly could. They got a remarkable haul out of it.

But they still traded away a QB that, IMO, is better than Dak ever was.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:06:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah, if I was Detroit, I'd have said "Shut up and take Stafford" as fast as I possibly could. They got a remarkable haul out of it.

View Quote

I would disagree with that. I think Dak and Stafford are fairly close. Matt was stuck for most of his career in a shitty organization. So far Dak is stuck in a shitty organization.

Maybe Dak escapes at some point to a club run as an actual, NFL football team and he wins a Super Bowl.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Why can't they just pull off the Apollo 13 level task of evaluating and trading up for an elite QB at #10 like KC did?

Or why can't they just find a kickass elite (Brady) or franchise (Purdy) guy on day 3 like NE and SF did?

https://storage.googleapis.com/ackee-blog-cms-static-files/0u_WFE_Qv_42bce5eb28/0u_WFE_Qv_42bce5eb28.gif

View Quote
lol they did already twice

Romo was a franchise qb
Dak is a franchise qb

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agree to disagree.   Stafford is Dak, just older.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree.
It was so painful to watch Stafford on the losing end in so many seasons while he put up very good numbers despite little or no protection from the Lions O line.
I'm still glad he got a Superbowl ring, he certainly deserved it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah have the Steelers org offered to buy out your last year?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:36:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would disagree with that. I think Dak and Stafford are fairly close. Matt was stuck for most of his career in a shitty organization. So far Dak is stuck in a shitty organization.

Maybe Dak escapes at some point to a club run as an actual, NFL football team and he wins a Super Bowl.
View Quote

Dak may be stuck in a lousy organization, but the talent level on his Dallas team has always been better than what Stafford had in Detroit. Those Dallas teams have always underperformed for the amount of talent on the team, whereas Detroit simply didn't have the talent in the first place.

Stafford would win games for Detroit that they had no business winning. Can't say the same for Dak.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:02:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Dak may be stuck in a lousy organization, but the talent level on his Dallas team has always been better than what Stafford had in Detroit. Those Dallas teams have always underperformed for the amount of talent on the team, whereas Detroit simply didn't have the talent in the first place.

Stafford would win games for Detroit that they had no business winning. Can't say the same for Dak.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’d argue Suh’s last year was a very talented Detroit team. I’m pretty sure they still had megatron, too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:03:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bringing back Kordell Stewart?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brady with bill coaching! ??
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
He specifically mentioned wanting Rudolph to return to compete, but he is a free agent so needs to be resigned first.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So same old same old. Steelers will be in the same spot next season. Shame.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:24:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which team would that be?

Other than the 9'ers, I have a hard time looking at many teams around the league and thinking "yep... they could reasonably be expected to win a Super Bowl with Dak."
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I’d argue Suh’s last year was a very talented Detroit team. I’m pretty sure they still had megatron, too.
View Quote

In Stafford's 12 years with the Lions, they only had four winning seasons, and two of those were 9-7. The other two were 10-6 and 11-5.

In Dak's eight years with the 'Boys, they only had one losing season.

Stafford made three trips to the playoffs with Detroit in 12 seasons, while Dak has made the playoffs five times in eight seasons.

Face it, Dak has enjoyed a much better team situation in Dallas than Stafford ever had in Detroit...and Stafford still is known for winning games Detroit never should have won, while Dak has a reputation for only putting up stats when the game isn't on the line.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fuck!

I am dropping them as my team until dumlin is gone.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
No!
He was not a good QB.

One hell of a multi role player and should have stayed that way.
Quoted:
He specifically mentioned wanting Rudolph to return to compete, but he is a free agent so needs to be resigned first.
View Quote
I think another team will sign Rudolph.

Supposedly Rudolph won the competition in preseason but they went with Pickett.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#36]

And here's a look at all the Pittsburgh QBs since 2019:

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/38/d4/36/38d436fb37d85afc5a418d9359fe1355.gif
View Quote
Kenny Pickett and Mason Rudolph competing for the 2024 starting job:

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:56:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1e/e2/17/1ee21787293e4e9a446721cffab280c9.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1e/e2/17/1ee21787293e4e9a446721cffab280c9.gif

Mitch Trubisky bringing up the rear

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:58:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:59:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#42]

That's a killer meme!
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
That list goes back a bit.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:33:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#46]

“Hey, it’s me! O.J. Mahomes!”

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That's a killer meme!
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#48]
How is GB able to continually draft productive QBs?

Make Dak win a SB or sign a contract for minimum NFL wage.

Even the announcers discuss his flaws on how he misses open WRs, makes bad decisions or only sees part of the field.

Lets face it, Dak peaked this year. The only direction goes from here is down and no one knows just how deep is the basement with Dak.

Anyone here actually think Dak will repeat this year???? Well, maybe only repeat a shitty performance in a playoff game......if they make it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Make Dak win a SB or sign a contract for minimum NFL wage.

Even the announcers discuss his flaws on how he misses open WRs, makes bad decisions or only sees part of the field.

Lets face it, Dak peaked this year. The only direction goes from here is down and no one knows just how deep is the basement with Dak.

Anyone here actually think Dak will repeat this year???? Well, maybe only repeat a shitty performance in a playoff game......if they make it.
View Quote

Drafting when they dont need one and sitting em for a couple years.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

One QB was a starter for 15+ seasons.

One QB was a starter for 10+ seasons.

One QB was a starter for 1 season.

I think that’s a big enough body of work to judge the first two.  The last one…. not so much.
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top