BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 557
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:20:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

These are horrible in a "bad taxidermy" sort of way.
View Quote
Jesus... I think at least half of them are likely on the sex offender's registry.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:20:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Browns is killing me
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Some players have confidence in their abilities and bet on themselves.

Some players don’t have confidence in their abilities and don’t.

Perhaps he didn’t have confidence that he’d play well enough in 2023 that the Packers would even want to pick up the 5th year option.  And if he didn’t have confidence in himself then he definitely made the right call.  Now, even if he shits the bed in 2023 and the Packers want nothing to do with him, he’s set for life.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder why he didn't make them take the 5th year option?

Perhaps he didn’t have confidence that he’d play well enough in 2023 that the Packers would even want to pick up the 5th year option.  And if he didn’t have confidence in himself then he definitely made the right call.  Now, even if he shits the bed in 2023 and the Packers want nothing to do with him, he’s set for life.  

I think the Packers had to make that decision now. You don't get to pick up the 5th year option after the 4th year is played.

It's possible the Packers offered him this extension or told him he wouldn't get the 5th year option. If that's the case, the result is a small win for both parties. Love gets more security, and GB gets another year of low cost QB play.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Vikings one is bad ass.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

GB's is just "scary Aaron Jones"
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think the Packers had to make that decision now. You don't get to pick up the 5th year option after the 4th year is played.

It's possible the Packers offered him this extension or told him he wouldn't get the 5th year option. If that's the case, the result is a small win for both parties. Love gets more security, and GB gets another year of low cost QB play.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes sense
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be Love not having the confidence to bet on himself though.

Either way, this definitely doesn’t support the theory that the Packers feel very confident in Love.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#9]

I did mention at the time of the trade announcement that the Jets would net extra benefit simply through sponsorships/media interest/merchandise/ticket sales. There ya go.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Also, what’s with the name change, Bass?
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wtf
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wtf
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wtf

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Via ESPN: Former Las Vegas Raiders receiver Henry Ruggs III unconditionally waived his right to a preliminary hearing on Tuesday and will plead guilty to one count of DUI resulting in death and one count of misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter in a 2021 case in which he's accused of killing a woman in a car crash.

According to a plea agreement presented Tuesday in Las Vegas justice court, Ruggs will serve three to 10 years in the Nevada state prison. His next court date is May 10, when he is expected to formally plead guilty.

The charges dropped as part of the plea deal were one count of DUI causing substantial harm regarding his passenger and two counts of reckless driving.

Goes from facing up to 50 years to a max of 10 on the plea deal.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:21:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is some bullshit

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is some bullshit

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FvAsquCaIAIkwWQ?format=jpg&name=medium

Wait, not so bad after all

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Via ESPN: Former Las Vegas Raiders receiver Henry Ruggs III unconditionally waived his right to a preliminary hearing on Tuesday and will plead guilty to one count of DUI resulting in death and one count of misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter in a 2021 case in which he's accused of killing a woman in a car crash.

According to a plea agreement presented Tuesday in Las Vegas justice court, Ruggs will serve three to 10 years in the Nevada state prison. His next court date is May 10, when he is expected to formally plead guilty.

The charges dropped as part of the plea deal were one count of DUI causing substantial harm regarding his passenger and two counts of reckless driving.

Goes from facing up to 50 years to a max of 10 on the plea deal.
View Quote
That is seriously fucked up!
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is some bullshit

At least it is close.

HTF did they get this out of NE?

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

At least it is close.

HTF did they get this out of NE?

https://i.postimg.cc/fL5CLkwY/image.jpg
View Quote
If Deshaun Watson was a mascot...

Edit: I do love the Uggs. That's definitely the AI picking up on Tom Brady gifting them to teammates/endorsing them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That is seriously fucked up!
View Quote
For a non-intentional homicide? That's pretty normal.  The legal system likes to tack on multiple charges to give everyone an incentive to plea.  Don't want those pesky peasants clogging up the system with jury trials.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
For a non-intentional homicide? That's pretty normal.  The legal system likes to tack on multiple charges to give everyone an incentive to plea.  Don't want those pesky peasants clogging up the system with jury trials.
View Quote
We'll see on what end of the 3-10 he ends up, but, if at the beginning of all this, you had told me he would get 10 years, I would have been pleasantly surprised. It's not uncommon to see incidents like this result in much smaller sentences than even that.

Hopefully most of the 1st round contract payment he did receive ended up going to the young woman's family.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Edit: Full list in the spoiler:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Bassgasm" was cool/funny to me when I was looking for an XBox username when I was in high school... 20 years ago.

I re-used it in a few places when I joined various platforms depending upon what was available and my level of effort at the time.

When I joined Arfcom, I had no idea I would be an active member here for well over a decade with 40k+ posts and counting. And also grew out of it.

I wanted to change my username well before the name change tool went live, but when that finally happened, I couldn't think of anything.

I'm not sure I completely love the new username, but it's more appropriate both for this community and who I am today.

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

"Bassgasm" was cool/funny to me when I was looking for an XBox username when I was in high school... 20 years ago.

I re-used it in a few places when I joined various platforms depending upon what was available and my level of effort at the time.

When I joined Arfcom, I had no idea I would be an active member here for well over a decade with 40k+ posts and counting. And also grew out of it.

I wanted to change my username well before the name change tool went live, but when that finally happened, I couldn't think of anything.

I'm not sure I completely love the new username, but it's more appropriate both for this community and who I am today.

View Quote

Ngl that name with your avatar was straight fire.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Edit: There money guys at DT are now Ford, Oliver, DaQuan and Settle. All of them are on their final year/1 year contracts. Oliver is on the 5th year option.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 2:26:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

He is a closet Gen Y?
Bass,  is this true?
What is Gen Y per GD?
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 2:33:20 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is some bullshit

This one is better.

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I loved it... in that phase of my life.

I used to be an active bass player (I think I still own about 8 of them), and in addition to rock/metal, I was also pretty big into the harder EDM stuff that was big in the late '00s and early '10s. So it fit at the time.

I haven't made time to play bass regularly in almost 10 years, and my daily musical tastes the last several years have been less Excision and more George Strait. I guess you could say I'm getting older and more boring?
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 2:41:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We'll see on what end of the 3-10 he ends up, but, if at the beginning of all this, you had told me he would get 10 years, I would have been pleasantly surprised. It's not uncommon to see incidents like this result in much smaller sentences than even that.

Hopefully most of the 1st round contract payment he did receive ended up going to the young woman's family.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said it after the Britt Reid thing, but it's been a while...

I know a guy that got drunk, got behind the wheel, and killed a woman and a dog. He was in the county lockup for maybe 6 months, and this wasn't a guy that could afford legal help.

The legal system just doesn't take this crime seriously enough.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imagine if you had let the same AI that redesigned the mascots choose your new name based on the old one it would be something like 2FishFckn if it thinks like me. I always thought it was something to do with fish and sex, didn't make the music connection.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Edit: There money guys at DT are now Ford, Oliver, DaQuan and Settle. All of them are on their final year/1 year contracts. Oliver is on the 5th year option.
View Quote

I suppose those are the 1st 4 but Phillips isn't far behind and a better pass rusher than most. When healthy.

With Ford and Murray the Bills now have  a projected 53 man roster of about 57 men.
I guess that's a good problem.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I did mention at the time of the trade announcement that the Jets would net extra benefit simply through sponsorships/media interest/merchandise/ticket sales. There ya go.
View Quote

That's quite a limb you went out on.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Imagine if you had let the same AI that redesigned the mascots choose your new name based on the old one it would be something like 2FishFckn if it thinks like me. I always thought it was something to do with fish and sex, didn't make the music connection.
View Quote

I thought it was for fishing too
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

You'll always be Bassgasm in our hearts.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Edit: The Patriots set their franchise record with the UDFA quarterback yesterday at $200k.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 4:07:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 4:08:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Edit: The Patriots set their franchise record with the UDFA quarterback yesterday at $200k.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I wasn't sure how this would work with service obligation. It seems like Congress passed a special provision for him. You can always trust elected leadership to take care of the important things

Star Army linebacker Andre Carter II will be eligible for the 2023 NFL Draft thanks to some year-end legislation formally filed Tuesday morning.
Responding to outcry from football fans and other concerned citizens, politicians on Capital Hill added a provision in the Omnibus Appropriations Measure, which is expected to pass this week and will allow Carter and other current academy upperclassmen at Army, Navy, and Air Force to defer their obligatory military service to pursue pro sports.

At the combine, Carter hurt his stock. His arms were shorter than expected (in the 76th percentile) which was a little disappointing. However, the testing was pretty horrible for him - where he was billed as a hyper athlete, the results were pedestrian at best. His vertical was in the 11percentile and his broad jump was in the 10th! Carter is not a day-one pick anymore.
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Andre-CarterII-LB-Army
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Forbes just released their top 10 paid athletes list. No NFL players on the list.

1: Ronaldo, $136M: $46M on the pitch, $90M off the pitch
2: Messi, $130M: $65M on the pirch, $65M off the pitch
3: Mbappe, $120M: $100M on the pitch, $20M off the pitch
4: Lebron, $119.5M: $44.5M on the court, $75M off the court
5: Alvarez, $110M: $100M in the ring, $10M out of the ring
6: Dustin Johnson, $107M: $102M on the course, $5M off the course
7: Mickelson, $106M: $104M on the course, $2M off the course
8: Curry, $100.4M: $48.4M on the court, $52M off the court
9: Federer, $95.1M: $0.01M on the court, $95M off the court
10: Durant, $89.1M: $44.1M on the court, $45M off the court

• Ronaldo's $90M off the pitch total was the 4th highest ever, behind Tiger Woods, Roger Federer (this year) and Conor McGregor (1st place, $158M).
  • Mbappe is the only athlete on the list under 30. Highest soccer salary in the world.
  • Lebron became the first athlete to be certified a billionaire by Forbes. Has a stake in the Fenway Sports Group (owns the Red Sox, Liverpool FC and Penguins).
  • Dustin Johnson wasn't even on the 2022 list of top 50, but he was the first to jump to LIV Golf in 2022 and it paid off.
  • Mickelson surpassed $1B in career pre-tax earnings in 2022. Also joined LIV Golf.
  • Curry was the top earner in the NBA this year and is set to be the league's first $50M player next season ($51.9M for 2023-24 season).
  • Durant became the 3rd player to get a lifetime contract with Nike (Jordan, Lebron).
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#41]

Week 18 he gonna ball out.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Numbers for previous draft classes from SI:
2011: 21
2012: 20
2013: 18
2014: 23
2015: 20
2016: 17
2017: 18
2018: 22
2019: 19

12 is the lowest by a substantial margin. Even if you include Love getting the 1 year extension, 13 isn't much better.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Week 18 he gonna ball out.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

12 is the lowest by a substantial margin. Even if you include Love getting the 1 year extension, 13 isn't much better.
View Quote

With the big salary increases of the past couple of years, I don't think the 5th year option is that great of a deal anymore. If a player is worth paying that much money to, you're better off signing them to a long term deal.  RB would be the one position where it might be worth it (vs extending past the 1st contract), but everyone is against drafting a RB in the first round anyways...
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

With the big salary increases of the past couple of years, I don't think the 5th year option is that great of a deal anymore. If a player is worth paying that much money to, you're better off signing them to a long term deal.  RB would be the one position where it might be worth it (vs extending past the 1st contract), but everyone is against drafting a RB in the first round anyways...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus if a RB is good enough to warrant a 5th year, he’ll likely hold out for the multi year contract.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#46]
I can’t even tag ludder right how the fuck can I tag that monstrosity instead of bassgasm.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 10:53:58 AM EDT
[#48]

May he disappear into obscurity.

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 10:55:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Again? Or is the same incident with the bar owner from right after the Super Bowl?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FvNMj28WIAcgo0n?format=jpg&name=small

May he disappear into obscurity.

https://media.tenor.com/I7L-QyLH5o8AAAAM/ejection-baseball.gif
View Quote
Is this from the kiss video or a new incident?
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top