Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 557
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:32:24 PM EDT
[#1]
People been real quiet since that Swifts/49ers super bowl dropped. ??
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lamar can't read the script.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We can finally put that dumb Super Bowl logo theory to bed.

Lamar can't read the script.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:35:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I think this will be the first Superbowl in forever I'm not gonna watch.

I just can't bear to see 87 minutes of Taylor Swift bullshit.

But I could care less about the chiefs or the niners too.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:35:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

In hindsight not kicking FG's could have changed the game but they couldn't catch for shit in the second half and that fumble at the 25 yard line that led to a TD were worse IMO.

The Niners got extremely 'lucky' in both of their playoff games and could have lost either one of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Three really dumb decisions in the second half for the Lions:

1. Went for it on 4th down when they could have kicked a field goal to go back up by 17.

2. Again, same deal, they could have kicked a field goal to go up by six.

3. Running the ball at the goal line with one minute left. Getting stuffed and having to use a timeout.

Hard to believe the Lions would have won the game had they done otherwise.

In hindsight not kicking FG's could have changed the game but they couldn't catch for shit in the second half and that fumble at the 25 yard line that led to a TD were worse IMO.

The Niners got extremely 'lucky' in both of their playoff games and could have lost either one of them.

Hindsight?

I posted this BEFORE each of those failed 4th downs.

Quoted:
Kick the FG and go up 3 scores half way through the 3rd.

Quoted:
Kick the FG, dumbass.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:37:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Once again, I’m a homer so I put this one in prior to the playoffs starting. I’ll do one more bet but it will be some 12 pick parlay lottery ticket style bet  that I’ll miss one leg on.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/131444/IMG_8188_jpeg-3111154.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think my last bet of the 2023 NFL season was Chiefs +4 over the Ravens.

Because for this one…

https://y.yarn.co/9cb91b4e-ef38-4518-b847-7fe123c8c7fc_text.gif

Plus I’m not very motivated to put the time into researching it for up to 13 days.

Once again, I’m a homer so I put this one in prior to the playoffs starting. I’ll do one more bet but it will be some 12 pick parlay lottery ticket style bet  that I’ll miss one leg on.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/131444/IMG_8188_jpeg-3111154.JPG

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:54:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I can’t wait to not watch this SB.
View Quote

I'm sure you won't be missed. Lol
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:55:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:37:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Had a hard time figuring out who to cheer for today. Both Purdy and Montgomery were studs at my Alma mater, Iowa State. The 2021 Fiesta Bowl team also featured Breece Hall. Fun to see new teams like the Lions have success, but found myself leaning toward the 49ers.

Glad to see Purdy have such a clutch performance. Now if the announcers and that fugly ogre Greg Olsen could just shut the hell up about him being "not athletic". The guy has speed and is evasive as hell. His legs single handedly kept multiple drives alive. The man threw for over 12,000 yards and ran for 1,200 in college.

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:56:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 5:09:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There is no one analytics model. Teams can develop their own system and then there are publicly available ones.

Teams still need to have a HC who understands the flow of the game otherwise why not just have an AI bot making all the decisions?

There's still a human aspect to the game that analytics can't quite get right IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if teams will start saying screw the analytics and take the points on 4th down.

There is no one analytics model. Teams can develop their own system and then there are publicly available ones.

Teams still need to have a HC who understands the flow of the game otherwise why not just have an AI bot making all the decisions?

There's still a human aspect to the game that analytics can't quite get right IMO.

Yes, the human errata.
If the play calling was done by AI based on a perfect set of analytics, it still can't contend with the other side doing the "wrong" thing at the right time.
Just because the AI would make the "right" call doesn't mean it will work every time.

If you have an edge in a game/competition, you don't change your play style/system just because the stakes are higher...
You stick with it because it is the reason you even got there in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 6:45:32 AM EDT
[#12]
A Lions & 49ers Fan Reaction to the NFC Championship Game

A Chiefs & Ravens Fan Reaction to the AFC Championship Game
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 7:47:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You guys think DC is going to lose the locker room now after making the game out of reach by passing on the FGs?
View Quote

I don't believe this to be a DC issue.
Its a WR issue becoming allergic to catching the football in the 2nd half.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 7:51:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think this will be the first Superbowl in forever I'm not gonna watch.

I just can't bear to see 87 minutes of Taylor Swift bullshit.

But I could care less about the chiefs or the niners too.
View Quote

But you will miss all the Bub Light commercials.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:06:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wondered last night if they are doing that.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:28:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Romo is getting lambasted over his coverage of the AFC game.

LOL

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Had a hard time figuring out who to cheer for today. Both Purdy and Montgomery were studs at my Alma mater, Iowa State. The 2021 Fiesta Bowl team also featured Breece Hall. Fun to see new teams like the Lions have success, but found myself leaning toward the 49ers.

Glad to see Purdy have such a clutch performance. Now if the announcers and that fugly ogre Greg Olsen could just shut the hell up about him being "not athletic". The guy has speed and is evasive as hell. His legs single handedly kept multiple drives alive. The man threw for over 12,000 yards and ran for 1,200 in college.

https://i.ibb.co/VCysJbc/20240128-205324.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/PDP4XYr/20240128-202759.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/t3t6kwY/1348351092-0.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/JqJ2bbx/download.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/Vg5L8Pb/Purdy-Brock-OU21-1.jpg

View Quote

Mike Tyson Mysteries - Go Cyclones!
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/wow-727.gif

“Readers added context they thought people might want to know
This is not Odell Beckham Sr. This account often poses as sports journalists to farm engagement.”
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#24]

On one hand, this is the second consecutive season where the Chiefs were not very fun to watch in the regular season and turned it on in the playoffs.

On the other hand, they seemed to genuinely struggle and were mad about it, so it's hard to believe they didn't care.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Hindsight?

I posted this BEFORE each of those failed 4th downs.

View Quote
Problem is you have to have 1- Faith in your kicker...and 2- a kicker proven to make 45 yard (give or take) FGs outside

The lions have neither.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck You DAN!

That was the dumbest shit ever!

does your kicker suck or something?  I don't get giving up the points, but the passes vs runs is real confusing.

Does the name "Money Badger" ring a bell?

Guys... I know you love low hanging fruit talking points, but the more you dig in, the more it becomes clear that Dan Campbell was right.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:43:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Guys... I know you love low hanging fruit talking points, but the more you dig in, the more it becomes clear that Dan Campbell was right.
View Quote

Seriously.  These were relatively short pick ups and the Lions weren't having a lot of trouble moving the ball.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:50:54 AM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 11:32:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Romo is getting lambasted over his coverage of the AFC game.

LOL

View Quote

That Jackson batted pass recovery was pure luck, it was good heads up playing by Jackson though.

I missed that game yesterday and most of the first half of the SF/Detroit game but I have no regrets. Went to watch my grandson playing basketball in a youth league game. Goofy kids went undefeated somehow, it was a blast.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 11:32:52 AM EDT
[#31]
BEFORE Dan Campbell passed on a FG attempt that could have put the Lions up three scores halfway through the 3rd quarter:

Attachment Attached File

AFTER Dan Campbell passed on a FG attempt that could have put the Lions up three scores halfway through the 3rd quarter (to the 9ers having a two score lead with under a minute to go):

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 11:39:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Kinda the definition of clutch. I think I'm more impressed with him passing Rice on postseason catches. He could pass him for postseason TDs too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Ravens CB Arthur Maulet approached the Chiefs DBs pre-game and picked a fight:

Maulet was in coverage on MVS for the game ending dagger:

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:08:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Shots fired!
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You see, that's the thing with playoff football: you always take the points. Always.

Had the Lions taken the points, they'd have won.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if teams will start saying screw the analytics and take the points on 4th down.

You see, that's the thing with playoff football: you always take the points. Always.

Had the Lions taken the points, they'd have won.

Lions & Packers made the same mistake in back to back weeks vs the 49ers…
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#38]
  • The Lions have been outscored 138-83 in the 3rd quarter this season.
  • In the last 15 years, the NFC North has just 1 win in the NFCCG, and it was when the Packers and the Bears played each other.
  • The NFC Championship loss marks Detroit's 14th straight loss in SF, a streak that dates back to 1975.
  • With their loss against the San Francisco 49ers the Detroit Lions still hold the record for the fewest playoff wins in the Super Bowl era (3), a feat which they have held since the 2011 NFL season.
  • Brock Purdy will become the 3rd youngest QB to start in a Super Bowl (Dan Marino, Ben Roethlisberger).
  • Brock Purdy will be the first 7th round pick to start at QB in the Super Bowl.
  • With the 49ers headed to the Super Bowl, at least NINE 1st alternate NFC players will have an opportunity to add a pro bowl to their resume this week.
  • The Ravens RBs had a total of 6 rushing attempts vs the Chiefs defense that gave up 182 rushing yards the week before.
  • Baltimore is the first team since 2004 to hold an opponent to 17 or fewer points in a championship game and lose.
  • The Baltimore Ravens entered the AFCCG with the highest weighted DVOA ever through the Divisional Round. 10 of the top 15 teams in this metric won the Super Bowl - two of the remaining five lost to a Mahomes-led Chiefs team.
  • Lamar Jackson is 0-4 in playoff games when his opponent scores more than 13 points.
  • Mahomes now has as many playoff wins as the rest of the AFC QBs have for their current teams combined.
  • The Chiefs are the first 3 seed to make the Super Bowl since the 2006 Colts. All other seeds except 7 had made it more recently.
  • Chiefs are the first team since 2010-11 Steelers to win Conference Championship with 0 pts in the 2nd half.
  • This will be the 4th Super Bowl rematch among head coaches. In the previous 3 instances, the coach who won the first won also won the second one.
  • This will be the sixth straight year that a QB on a rookie deal starts in the Super Bowl.
  • In the past 10 seasons the NFC has had 10 different starting QBs in the Super Bowl. You have to go back to the 90's, to John Elway, for the 10th most recent different starting QB for the AFC.
  • The cheapest Super Bowl ticket on TickPick is over $8,000.
  • The designated media hotel for the Super Bowl is the Luxor, which will look like a giant Doritos chip for the Super Bowl.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
  • Lamar Jackson is 0-4 in playoff games when his opponent scores more than 13 points.
  • View Quote

MVP!!!

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:33:59 PM EDT
    [#40]
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

• MVP!!!

https://media1.tenor.com/m/x6WrIzTVCAoAAAAd/throw-heads-back-comes-the-part.gif

Brock Purdy had higher yards per carry yesterday and is thus a better rushing QB.
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:41:43 PM EDT
    [#41]

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:46:56 PM EDT
    [#42]
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

• MVP!!!
    https://media1.tenor.com/m/x6WrIzTVCAoAAAAd/throw-heads-back-comes-the-part.gif
    Continuing off that same stat.

In all 4 of Lamar's post season losses, he led the Ravens offense to their lowest score of each season (with him at QB).
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:47:03 PM EDT
    [#43]
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:47:40 PM EDT
    [#44]
    Quoted:
    Continuing off that same stat.

In all 4 of Lamar's post season losses, he led the Ravens offense to their lowest score of each season (with him at QB).
    View Quote

Well he's certainly a game changer.

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:50:01 PM EDT
    [#45]

Makes sense now...
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:08:09 PM EDT
    [#46]
    Quoted:

View Quote

I genuinely expected the Ravens to demolish the Chiefs, but that expectation was based on the Chiefs' regular season play.
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:15:29 PM EDT
    [#47]
    Quoted:

I genuinely expected the Ravens to demolish the Chiefs, but that expectation was based on the Chiefs' regular season play.
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

I don't know why they would sandbag their regular season, but it looks like they did.

Mahomes had a public meltdown for no good reason. Oh well.

Mahomes star tight end is fucking a pop star. Worse things could have happened.

I think the odds makers have it wrong.
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:19:23 PM EDT
    [#48]
    Quoted:

View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

Vegas, the analytics community, and the media talking heads all picked the Ravens.

You're far from alone.
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:19:30 PM EDT
    [#49]
    Did the Eagles really hire K Moore for OC?
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:27:32 PM EDT
    [#50]
    Head coach career playoff wins:
    Bill - 31 (30 with Brady)
    Reid - 25 (14 with Mahomes, 9 with McNabb)
    Landry - 20 (14 with Staubach)
    Shula - 19 (8 with Marino, 6 with Griese)
    Gibbs - 17 (6 with Theismann, 5 with Rypien)
    Page / 557
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top