Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 557
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:28:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did the Eagles really hire K Moore for OC?
View Quote
That's the report. Vic Fangio at DC, Moore at OC.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I don't know why they would sandbag their regular season, but it looks like they did.

Mahomes had a public meltdown for no good reason. Oh well.

Mahomes star tight end is fucking a pop star. Worse things could have happened.

I think the odds makers have it wrong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I genuinely expected the Ravens to demolish the Chiefs, but that expectation was based on the Chiefs' regular season play.

I don't know why they would sandbag their regular season, but it looks like they did.

Mahomes had a public meltdown for no good reason. Oh well.

Mahomes star tight end is fucking a pop star. Worse things could have happened.

I think the odds makers have it wrong.

I don't think Kadarius Toney willfully turned himself into a meme in multiple games.

Skyy Moore was a major bust with a high rate of negative plays, and they got him off the field.

MVS has always been inconsistent and unreliable, but he suddenly went from a major liability to clutch playmaker somehow.

Rashee Rice has a developmental curve that would look awfully optimistic in hindsight but that still makes sense.

Kelce legitimately bounced back after taking week 18 to rest.

The drive killing OL penalties are still happening.

We can see how we got from where we were to where we are. The offense still isn't great, but it's less self-destructive than it was.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Lol.

I was kinda rooting against Lamar because of how sports media for the most part treats him, but he is probably a decent guy. Would have been nice to see him win a SB while he is in his prime, because he ain't having a long career.

He is a smaller, quicker, more talented Cam Newton.  And as soon as he loses a step, he is getting damaged by some defensive lineman.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Vegas, the analytics community, and the media talking heads all picked the Ravens.

You're far from alone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I genuinely expected the Ravens to demolish the Chiefs, but that expectation was based on the Chiefs' regular season play.

Vegas, the analytics community, and the media talking heads all picked the Ravens.

You're far from alone.

It’s like everyone forgot that Ljax’s two playoff wins were against Tannehill and a rookie Shroud.

Like I said before the game - stop the run and contain him and it’s game over.

Very similar to the Newton led Panthers. If you get them out of their game plan they can’t adapt.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:33:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is a never ending fountain of LOLs.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:34:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really good hires.

Eagles should be scary good again next year.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After Buffalo ran so well on them I expected Baltimore to do the same. Baltimore’s D played well after a rough start.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:39:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely not as good a hire as landing Fangio for D coordinator, Moore is still probably a significant step up from what we had last season.

Plus one of the main knocks I have seen against Moore is he gets too cute and does overly complex stuff when simple will do. Our issue last season (and part of it is rooted in Sirianni) was our offense was stupidly simple and predictable. Maybe they counter each other out a bit?
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
  • Lamar Jackson is 0-4 in playoff games when his opponent scores more than 13 points.

• MVP!!!

https://media1.tenor.com/m/x6WrIzTVCAoAAAAd/throw-heads-back-comes-the-part.gif

“hE iS nOT tO bLaMe!!!”

Attachment Attached File
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:48:28 PM EDT
    [#11]
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:50:24 PM EDT
    [#12]
    Quoted:

Like I said before the game - stop the run and contain him and it's game over.
    View Quote
    Doesn't hurt when the other team, which had the #1 rushing offense in the NFL, came into the game with the plan to just completely abandon the run against a team with a poor rushing defense.

The Ravens had two... TWO... running back rushing attempts in the entire 2nd half.

At one point in the 2nd half, the Ravens had called 21 straight pass attempts.

Shit like that really makes it easier on your defense.
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:55:25 PM EDT
    [#13]

Atlanta Falcons catching strays:
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:59:45 PM EDT
    [#14]
    The 2023 49ers are a great example of how hard it is to win a Super Bowl and how much luck plays a factor in the postseason.

No sane person would argue that the 49ers were not the best NFC team heading into the postseason.  And yet…

Despite being a 10.5 point favorite in the Divisional, the 49ers had a 17.5% win probability halfway through the 4th quarter.

Despite being a 7.5 point favorite in the Conference Championship, the 49ers had an 8.5% win probability halfway through the 3rd quarter.

Without the aid of the other team’s gross incompetence (especially the 2nd game), it is highly unlikely the 49ers win those games, IMO.

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:59:56 PM EDT
    [#15]
    Via Outkick: PATRICK MAHOMES' HATEABLE BROTHER IS BACK TO BEING A LOUDMOUTH & BROCK PURDY MUST STOP THIS IN THE SUPER BOWL

After likely being told to lay low, keep his mouth shut and not be obnoxious on social media while his attorneys worked their way through the sexual battery case brought by a Kansas City-area restaurant owner, Jackson Mahomes had pretty much disappeared as Taylor Swift and his loudmouth sister-in-law took center stage.

That all changed Sunday. This jerkoff IS BACK & now there’s only one man who can save the day and send Jackson into the offseason with a heartbreaking loss - Brock Purdy.

Mister Irrelevant has one mission over the next two weeks: Wipe this smile right off this jerkoff’s face.

It starts and ends with dealing Jackson Mahomes a loss. Do you want to hear this voice dancing on your grave for the rest of your life? Do it for yourself. Do it for 49ers fans. Do it for America.
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:06:23 PM EDT
    [#16]
    Quoted:
    Doesn't hurt when the other team, which had the #1 rushing offense in the NFL, came into the game with the plan to just completely abandon the run against a team with a poor rushing defense.

The Ravens had two... TWO... running back rushing attempts in the entire 2nd half.

View Quote

KC showed the same look on defense for most of the game. Basically put seven men around the LOS and live with whatever happens in the passing game.
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:06:38 PM EDT
    [#17]
    Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:08:04 PM EDT
    [#18]
    AFCCG CBS crew encountered a belligerent football fan at the Baltimore train station:

Monday morning on his WFAN radio show, Esiason provided a detailed recount of the incident. He explained that he was traveling back to New York with Burleson and Cowher via the Amtrak Acela train. But to do that, it meant sitting in the Baltimore train station, where there were undoubtedly plenty of fans who just finished watching the Ravens lose the AFC Championship Game to the Kansas City Chiefs.

"The Raven fans couldn't have been any nicer at the stadium and even in this situation, for the most part. Except for one total asswipe douchebag."

Click To View Spoiler
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:31:45 PM EDT
    [#19]
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:40:23 PM EDT
    [#20]
    Quoted:

KC showed the same look on defense for most of the game. Basically put seven men around the LOS and live with whatever happens in the passing game.
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

Steelers have mumbles figured out.

Contain the line of scrimmage on him and the running backs.
    Live with what he throws down field.
    He is not quite accurate enough.

He is starting be dinged up a lot and is slower.
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:43:03 PM EDT
    [#21]
    Pay walled site. Charley Walters via The Pioneer Press (MN sports coverage).

Reportedly Kirk Cousins (free agent) will be asking in the range of $90M guaranteed for a two-year deal, despite not being fully recovered from his Achilles injury.
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:49:04 PM EDT
    [#22]
    Quoted:

Reportedly Kirk Cousins (free agent) will be asking in the range of $90M guaranteed for a two-year deal, despite not being fully recovered from his Achilles injury.
    View Quote
    Nuts for coming off that injury and his age.

Steelers were kicking the idea around.
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:49:15 PM EDT
    [#23]
    Quoted:
    View Quote
    yup

didn't make since to me either lol

what do the eagles fans here think?

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:58:33 PM EDT
    [#24]
    Quoted:
    yup

View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:
    yup

Hard to judge him for his one year with the Chargers (though even with Herbert, things weren’t looking good), but the Cowboys’ offense being noticeably better after he left certainly isn’t a good look.

After being with the Cowboys for the better half of a decade, Moore could be looking at being on FOUR different teams in 26 months.
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 3:17:14 PM EDT
    [#25]
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 4:09:28 PM EDT
    [#26]
    Quoted:

Definitely not as good a hire as landing Fangio for D coordinator, Moore is still probably a significant step up from what we had last season.

Plus one of the main knocks I have seen against Moore is he gets too cute and does overly complex stuff when simple will do. Our issue last season (and part of it is rooted in Sirianni) was our offense was stupidly simple and predictable. Maybe they counter each other out a bit?
    View Quote

I don't follow the Eagles so if you say Kellen is a step up, I assume the magic eightball they were using to call offensive plays broke
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 4:21:24 PM EDT
    [#27]
    Quoted:

Once again, I’m a homer so I put this one in prior to the playoffs starting. I’ll do one more bet but it will be some 12 pick parlay lottery ticket style bet  that I’ll miss one leg on.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/131444/IMG_8188_jpeg-3111154.JPG
    View Quote

Why not hedge it and walk away with a guarenteed 500?
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 4:23:44 PM EDT
    [#28]
    View Quote

I hope he and that Noah Knigga fellow end up in the NFL one day.
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 4:31:08 PM EDT
    [#29]
    Quoted:

View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

Once again, I’m a homer so I put this one in prior to the playoffs starting. I’ll do one more bet but it will be some 12 pick parlay lottery ticket style bet  that I’ll miss one leg on.

Because he is “Chiefs homer” that stands to win $1,000 if they win one more game?
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 4:36:02 PM EDT
    [#30]
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 4:37:49 PM EDT
    [#31]
    Quoted:

Because he is “Chiefs homer” that stands to win $1,000 if they win one more game?
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

Maybe I'm just odd that when presented with a fabulous return on one side I'm willing to guarentee myself a good win no matter what happens.

But I'm a dude with a draft kings account with 235 dollars in it that is all house money so different strokes for different folks lol

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 4:43:05 PM EDT
    [#32]
    Quoted:

View All Quotes
    Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 4:47:40 PM EDT
    [#33]
    Quoted:

Maybe I'm just odd that when presented with a fabulous return on one side I'm willing to guarentee myself a good win no matter what happens.

But I'm a dude with a draft kings account with 235 dollars in it that is all house money so different strokes for different folks lol

View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

Personally, if I felt strongly about the 49ers, I’d hedge.  Otherwise, I’d let it ride.

Though if this was “life changing” money, I’d definitely hedge at least 25% regardless.  I never understood the middle class guys that have a guaranteed high 6 figure - low 7 figure payday and they let it ride to double it.  I would think if you did something like that and lost that it’d haunt you forever.
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 4:54:12 PM EDT
    [#34]
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 5:01:33 PM EDT
    [#35]
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 5:09:23 PM EDT
    [#36]
    Quoted:

View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

Would you bet $500 on Mahomes losing the Super Bowl?
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 6:09:50 PM EDT
    [#37]

I don't hate Olsen as a commentator, he's better than some others
    not looking forward to brady at all
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 6:22:07 PM EDT
    [#38]
    Quoted:
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 6:33:09 PM EDT
    [#39]

Now it would great for CBS to get rid of Romo. He is so bad!
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 6:46:39 PM EDT
    [#40]
    Quoted:

View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

If I am betting 500 total to win 1k no matter what happens. Absolutely. But I'm not a big nfl teams fan so it's just about guaranteeing winning money for me
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 7:43:36 PM EDT
    [#41]
    Quoted:

View All Quotes
    Quoted:

He’s tolerable.

Though my opinion of him did drop when he started pearl clutching over the Cowboys’ BACKUP offense throwing the ball halfway through the 4th quarter of a blowout against the other team’s STARTING defense.
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 7:44:53 PM EDT
    [#42]
    Quoted:

Now it would great for CBS to get rid of Romo. He is so bad!
    View All Quotes

And replace him with who?
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 7:55:41 PM EDT
    [#43]
    Quoted:

If I am betting 500 total to win 1k no matter what happens. Absolutely. But I'm not a big nfl teams fan so it's just about guaranteeing winning money for me
    View Quote

Personally I wouldn’t cash out +400 when the option is to lose Mahomes +1000 against a coach/OC thats blown two SB leads…
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 7:56:24 PM EDT
    [#44]
    Quoted:

View All Quotes
    Quoted:

My high school team would play Lawrenceburg (Knigga's team) every year. We went 0-3 diring my years. Yes we sucked. That was in basketball country. The best 25+ skilled athletes in our school were on the basketball team, or on the "club" (practice squad).
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 7:58:23 PM EDT
    [#45]

I would consider it an honor to be replaced by the GOAT.
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:09:15 PM EDT
    [#46]
    Quoted:

I would consider it an honor to be replaced by the GOAT.
    View All Quotes

Except he’s not being replaced by Tom Brady the football player who is the undisputed GOAT.  He’s being replaced by Tom Brady the rookie broadcaster.

I remember Phil Simms being PISSED when Romo replaced him despite having zero experience.  It was actually kinda funny.
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:37:28 PM EDT
    [#47]
    I’m still pissed. But I guess I’ll watch. And root for….. sigh…. The 49rs….

But expect me to be drunk as fuck. Is collinsworth commentating? How many dicks will he have in his mouth if he does?

But really. Who are the SB commentators?
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:43:56 PM EDT
    [#48]

Attachment Attached File

I’ve never been a NFL conspiracy guy here, but it’s hard to argue this wasn’t what the NFL wanted.
    Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:34:01 PM EDT
    [#49]
    Nothing changing anytime soon Steeler fans

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:49:26 PM EDT
    [#50]
    Quoted:

View Quote

Lol.
    Page / 557
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top