Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 557
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

The top team in the NFL comes and goes.

But hate and attention to the Cowboys, despite them not being relevant in the postseason for over a quarter of a century…

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 11:49:38 AM EDT
[#2]
The Steelers Hired Arthur Smith as OC

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Callback to the very first page of this thread:

Attachment Attached File

The Super Bowl is THE favorite to win the NFC playing THE favorite to win the AFC.

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

But hate and attention to the Cowboys, despite them not being relevant in the postseason for over a quarter of a century…

https://y.yarn.co/72191cf1-91b3-4045-851e-972b99ffdc39_text.gif
View Quote

The difference is the negative posts on Twitter pushing the cowboys up in the rankings are by Cowboys fans. The Chiefs hate is just coming from bitter people who don’t like winners.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The difference is the negative posts on Twitter pushing the cowboys up in the rankings are by Cowboys fans. The Chiefs hate is just coming from bitter people who don’t like winners.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

While there's some plausibility to that, there are a whole bunch of people who are straight up obsessed with hating the Cowboys for some weird reason.

I already kind of want SB59 to be Chiefs vs Cowboys...

We could piss off everyone.

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]
The Jets and Assistant General Manager Rex Hogan have "mutually agreed to part ways".

He was responsible for overseeing both the college and pro scouting departments as well as day-to-day operations in the player personnel department.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if Wilson will wind up with the Steelers.
Buzz on it is ramping up.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 12:59:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wonder if Wilson will wind up with the Steelers.
Buzz on it is ramping up.
View Quote
That's been buzzing for a year.

Hope to hell it does not happen.

Art II and tomlin are royally fucking up the Steelers.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#9]
These are the two most elite players in their prime at the NFL's most important position:

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 1:08:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 1:55:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Over just the past month, maybe.  But if it was only Cowboys fans talking about and paying attention to the Cowboys then the Cowboys wouldn’t be the most talked about and highest rated team for decades.  They require the Cowboys-haters to make that happen.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:05:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

lol

While there's some plausibility to that, there are a whole bunch of people who are straight up obsessed with hating the Cowboys for some weird reason.

https://media.tenor.com/oyOG2aTN3qMAAAAe/boondock-saints-rocco.png
View Quote

I don’t get it either.  People being obsessed with hating the Patriots dynasty I could understand because they were piling up Super Bowl wins.  But so many people being obsessed with hating a team that hasn’t been relevant in the postseason in a quarter of a century seems bizarre to me. Especially the ones that hate the Cowboys more than they like their own team.  There’s one of those in this thread.

While I do think it’s bizarre, I also enjoy it.  No matter how incompetent the Cowboys get, it warms my heart to know Cowboys-haters are forever keeping the Cowboys the center of their attention.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:11:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Over just the past month, maybe.  But if it was only Cowboys fans talking about and paying attention to the Cowboys then the Cowboys wouldn’t be the most talked about and highest rated team for decades.  They require the Cowboys-haters to make that happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to hate the Cowboys because we could never beat them when it counted way back when until Favre finally won us a SB. Now days I love watching them because no matter all the accolades and wins they somehow fuck it up in the post season. The look on Jerry's face after they lose in the playoffs is priceless.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:23:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The Jets and Assistant General Manager Rex Hogan have "mutually agreed to part ways".

He was responsible for overseeing both the college and pro scouting departments as well as day-to-day operations in the player personnel department.
View Quote

This is surprising, other than Zach Wilson, they have hit pretty damn well on thier draft pics!
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This is surprising, other than Zach Wilson, they have hit pretty damn well on thier draft pics!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have a good roster other than their O Line. They stink.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#17]
With the Seattle job now taken, Dan Quinn will either return to the Cowboys or be head coach of the Commanders.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
With the Seattle job now taken, Dan Quinn will either return to the Cowboys or be head coach of the Commanders.
View Quote

If they go defensive coach then Belichick or Vrabel make the most sense.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If they go defensive coach then Belichick or Vrabel make the most sense.
View Quote

Bobby Slowik is the favorite right now.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Mahomes explanation of the Tucker warmup thing.  

Patrick Mahomes EXPLAINS the INCIDENT happened with Travis Kelce & Justin Tucker at Chiefs vs Ravens

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I don’t get it either.  People being obsessed with hating the Patriots dynasty I could understand because they were piling up Super Bowl wins.  But so many people being obsessed with hating a team that hasn’t been relevant in the postseason in a quarter of a century seems bizarre to me. Especially the ones that hate the Cowboys more than they like their own team.  There’s one of those in this thread.

While I do think it’s bizarre, I also enjoy it.  No matter how incompetent the Cowboys get, it warms my heart to know Cowboys-haters are forever keeping the Cowboys the center of their attention.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

The Cowboys and Chiefs are pretty much the ultimate counter-proof of the NFL is rigged/scripted conspiracies.

The Cowboys are the most valuable franchise in the NFL, and they haven't appeared in the Championship game in 28 years?

The Chiefs represent a market that's probably bottom 5 by both population and median income, and that's the team that's terrorizing the AFC and that's appeared in 4 Super Bowls in 5 years?

That doesn't make any business sense at all.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The Cowboys and Chiefs are pretty much the ultimate counter-proof of the NFL is rigged/scripted conspiracies.

The Cowboys are the most valuable franchise in the NFL, and they haven't appeared in the Championship game in 28 years?

The Chiefs represent a market that's probably bottom 5 by both population and median income, and that's the team that's terrorizing the AFC and that's appeared in 4 Super Bowls in 5 years?

View Quote
It's just like stocks.  When the market goes up?  That's free market capitalism at work.  When the market goes down?  Pure manipulation.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Anytime someone makes a claim that the NFL is rigged on a major scale, I always point out the Cowboys as proof that it’s not.

Of course, that is rigged on a major scale.  There easily could be a small scale Tim Donaghy-type situation.  In all probability, there almost certainly already HAS been one.

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sam Darnold?
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Mahomes explanation of the Tucker warmup thing.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyHCTSMEj18
View Quote

The Kelce brothers talk about it here at 21:40:

Travis Goes Back to the Super Bowl, Jason on New Eagles Coaches & The Legacy of NFL Blitz | Ep 76
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Chiefs will wear red for the Super Bowl.

Edit: They wore red when they defeated the 49ers in LIV.
They wore white last year vs the Eagles.
They wore red vs the Bucs.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#28]
I think the argument can be made that Patrick Mahomes was probably the greatest draft pick ever.

The criteria for the argument goes something like this:

1) Did the team properly evaluate the player?

2) How did the team get the player?

3) Did the player produce results?

The argument against a pick like Brady is that nobody, including the New England Patriots, had any idea what they were getting when they drafted him. The Patriots themselves took 6 other guys before Brady in a year they didn't make a 1st round selection. Brady was a Mega Millions jackpot ticket they found in a 7-11 parking lot.

Meanwhile, for Mahomes, the story goes:

1) Brett Veach had a radar lock on Mahomes when he was a freshman at Texas Tech. He knew what Mahomes was when the evals on Mahomes were very controversial. Common narratives were things like "Air Raid QBs can't make it in the NFL," "his footwork/platform are terrible," and "he'll be a Jameis Winston level turnover machine." But Veach and Co knew.

2) In the 2017 NFL draft, the Chiefs had the #27 pick. They had to trade up to get him without other teams knowing they were going after a QB, so they smoke-screened that they were going after a LB. They didn't have the resources to go too high (top 5), but they still had to get up there. The Chiefs traded two 1sts and a 3rd to move up to #10, and got Mahomes without anyone knowing who they were going to take. If they didn't him at #10, Sean Payton and the Saints were taking him at #11. This is Battle of Midway level intel gathering, maneuvering, and luck in the NFL.

3) Yes.

Does anyone else come close to this?
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 4:06:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Bobby Slowik is the favorite right now.
View Quote

The same Bobby Slowik that told teams he was returning to HOU and signed an extension?
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The same Bobby Slowik that told teams he was returning to HOU and signed an extension?
View Quote

Yep. I guess he's no longer the favorite.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 4:15:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I think the argument can be made that Patrick Mahomes was probably the greatest draft pick ever.

The argument against a pick like Brady is that nobody, including the New England Patriots, had any idea what they were getting when they drafted him. The Patriots themselves took 6 other guys before Brady in a year they didn't make a 1st round selection. Brady was a Mega Millions jackpot ticket they found in a 7-11 parking lot.

1) Brett Veach had a radar lock on Mahomes when he was a freshman at Texas Tech. He knew what Mahomes was when the evals on Mahomes were very controversial. Common narratives were things like "Air Raid QBs can't make it in the NFL," "his footwork/platform are terrible," and "he'll be a Jameis Winston level turnover machine." But Veach and Co knew.

2) In the 2017 NFL draft, the Chiefs had the #27 pick. They had to trade up to get him without other teams knowing they were going after a QB, so they smoke-screened that they were going after a LB. They didn't have the resources to go too high (top 5), but they still had to get up there. The Chiefs traded two 1sts and a 3rd to move up to #10, and got Mahomes without anyone knowing who they were going to take. If they didn't him at #10, Sean Payton and the Saints were taking him at #11. This is Battle of Midway level intel gathering, maneuvering, and luck in the NFL.

3) Yes.

View Quote
Yep, I remember that draft.  I really wanted the Saints to take him and be the heir to Brees.   But nooooo LOL. Dammit
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:01:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jumping from the frying pan in to the fire.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Callback to the very first page of this thread:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_5885_jpeg-3113533.JPG

The Super Bowl is THE favorite to win the NFC playing THE favorite to win the AFC.

https://media1.tenor.com/m/65jRkhUA2MIAAAAd/yaaay-saturday-night-live.gif
View Quote

Thoughts on Cowboys at +2000 for 2025 SB? I liked it enough to throw a pair of bonus bets at it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:12:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Most of these are pretty good

NFL Memes IG
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I hate teams for emotional reasons.  While I’m typically very logical in my decision making, not when it comes to football.  

For example, how relevant have the Jets been for the past couple decades?  Yet I hate them with the fire of a thousand suns.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Thoughts on Cowboys at +2000 for 2025 SB? I liked it enough to throw a pair of bonus bets at it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#39]

It's my favorite kind of bet - innately hedged by my hatred of the the team. I don't mind if I lose, and get a nice wad of cash to salve my pain if they do it.

I almost never bet on my own teams, and routinely bet against them - just never large amounts.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's my favorite kind of bet - innately hedged by my hatred of the the team. I don't mind if I lose, and get a nice wad of cash to salve my pain if they do it.
View Quote

If you want, send me half of what you are going to bet and save money
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yep, I remember that draft.  I really wanted the Saints to take him and be the heir to Brees.   But nooooo LOL. Dammit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3) Yes.

Getting swooped on a generational player isn't great, but at least the Saints had a couple good years of Brees left, and they weren't one of the 10 teams that had an opportunity to take Mahomes and passed.

Some of those moves are brutal when you look at them in retrospect:

The worst will always be the Bears. They traded away four draft picks to move up from #3 to #2 to take Mitch Trubisky.

The Jags used #4 on Leonard Fournette when Blake Bortles was entering his 4th year and had never posted a QBR better than 51.

The Jets used #6 on Jamal Adams when their top QB in 2016 was Fitzmagic and they went into 2017 with Josh McCown.

The Bengals used #9 on WR John Ross who would log 957 total yards in his career before retiring after 5 seasons.

#10 originally belonged to the Bills. They traded the pick away when Tyrod Taylor was their QB, and they drafted Nathan Peterman later in the draft.

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If you want, send me half of what you are going to bet and save money
View Quote

My 'game' is churning the various no sweat bet promos. I do well enough to stay afloat without needing the bonus bets that come back on losses. That means I can throw bonus bets on teams I hate winning things. 49ers winning the SB would have a nice payout, and Duke making the final four will buy me a new gun (Duke winning it all would buy me a rather nice new gun).
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:29:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Why would you leave the Chiefs to go to the worst franchise in the NFL for anything less than a GM job?
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

3) Yes.

View Quote
Greatest draft pick is Steelers Joe Green.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I hate teams for emotional reasons.  While I’m typically very logical in my decision making, not when it comes to football.  

For example, how relevant have the Jets been for the past couple decades?  Yet I hate them with the fire of a thousand suns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, but the Jets are in the same division as your team. That makes sense.

I'd probably still dislike the Raiders and their disgusting gangbanger fan base if they were in the NFC, but I wouldn't hate them as much as I do with them in the AFC West.

Fans of random AFC teams having a burning hatred for the Cowboys? In 2024? Not sure I understand that one.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

My 'game' is churning the various no sweat bet promos. I do well enough to stay afloat without needing the bonus bets that come back on losses. That means I can throw bonus bets on teams I hate winning things. 49ers winning the SB would have a nice payout, and Duke making the final four will buy me a new gun (Duke winning it all would buy me a rather nice new gun).
View Quote

It's obviously your money, but as a Cowboys fan, betting on them to win in the post season is akin to driving down the road and throwing the money out the window.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

3) Yes.

View Quote

This post reaks of collinworth...
very... fellatiing
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Most of these are pretty good

NFL Memes IG
View Quote

Jason Kelce/ Ryan Fitzpatrick tailgate series... Yes
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Getting swooped on a generational player isn't great, but at least the Saints had a couple good years of Brees left, and they weren't one of the 10 teams that had an opportunity to take Mahomes and passed.

Some of those moves are brutal when you look at them in retrospect:

The worst will always be the Bears. They traded away four draft picks to move up from #3 to #2 to take Mitch Trubisky.

The Jags used #4 on Leonard Fournette when Blake Bortles was entering his 4th year and had never posted a QBR better than 51.

The Jets used #6 on Jamal Adams when their top QB in 2016 was Fitzmagic and they went into 2017 with Josh McCown.

The Bengals used #9 on WR John Ross who would log 957 total yards in his career before retiring after 5 seasons.

#10 originally belonged to the Bills. They traded the pick away when Tyrod Taylor was their QB, and they drafted Nathan Peterman later in the draft.

View Quote
Hahaha that's very true.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Think the Vikings will keep Kirk around?
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top