BCM
User Panel

Page / 557
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see three defining moments:

The receiving corps completely drying up.
Brady leaving in FA.
Coach Scar retiring.

I think Brady would have stayed if he had people to throw the damn ball to, and I think Scarnecchia would have stayed if Brady stayed.
View Quote

I think you are correct on all counts. Scar was a master O-line coach, which is probably the reason why they never took stud O-linemen in the draft and instead went for 2nd tier guys with the thinking that Scar would coach the entire line into a unit that was greater than the sum of its parts.

Belichick may go down in history as the head coach with the greatest resume...but his record without Brady is starting to really pump the brakes on anything much beyond that.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Texans GM Nick Caserio has been promoted to Executive Vice President. He will continue with his GM duties. Jack Easterby was the previous EVP and left last October. Caserio took over full control of football operations at that time, now he has the official title to go with it.

Climbing quick. He came over from New England just 2 seasons ago.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
ESPN is doing another talent purge. Layoffs include on-air talent for NFL, NBA and ESPN Radio coverage. Jeff Van GUndy and Jalen Rose are included in the first round.

The morning radio show featuring Max Kellerman, Keyshawn Johnson and Jay Williams is being scrapped. Kellerman and Johnson are considered in jeopardy of being terminated and Williams' contract expires at the end of this summer.

"Monday Night Football" pregame analyst Steve Young and host Suzy Kolber are also among those also considered to be in trouble.

Meanwhile Pat signed his 5 year $85M deal with ESPN and his show will begin broadcasting on ESPN this fall.
View Quote

I bet Stephen A Smiff is still there….
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Via Sports Illustrated: Kaepernick says he is still training 5-6 days a week. Says he can still easily throw over 60 yards. Still wants to play in the NFL.

"I'm going to keep pushing. I'm going to keep fighting for it because I know I can step on the field and play. Every workout, every opportunity I've had to show that, the feedback has always been positive. Everything from, 'He's still an elite player,' to 'The workout was great; it was better than expected.'"

"When I had my workout with the Raiders last year, even training with guys, there's a decent amount of people who may have forgotten what I was capable of doing on the field, so any chance to be able to remind people of what I can do out there, I look forward to and embrace, and I look forward to the day that I get to step on the field and show people what I can do."

"I've heard a lot of excuses over the years, but most of the time it ends up, 'Oh, we're going to see how the guys that we have do.' With the Raiders' situation last year, that was Stidham and Nick Mullens, which to me, you just compare r sum s and capabilities, on top of the workout and the feedback, it's like, 'O.K., cool.'"

"Obviously, there's something else within this decision. To me, that's typically what it ends up being, or has been for the last seven years. So, I just want the opportunity to come in, show what I can do on the field. Judge me based upon that, not the political bias that you have."

Dude is 36 this year. He hasn't played a snap of football in over 6 years. The last time he played he went 1-10. Yet he is still saying there are "obviously" other issues that are keeping him from an NFL job in 2023.

Dude will do and say anything to stay relevant. The victim card will continue to be bigger/better than anything he could do as a football player.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Edit: They were both arrested and have both been charged with felony aggravated assault and strangulation. Haskins for the first incident on the 22nd and Makiah Green for the 2nd incident on the 29th. Both released on bond. They sound like a lovely couple.

Story via Scoop Nashville: According to police records, Hassan Haskins observed his girlfriend 'like' an Instagram photo of another man at around Noon on June 22. The two argued, and she began to throw his shoes onto the floor, causing him to be angered and demand she stops touching his things. When she didn't stop, he reportedly pushed her to the ground, causing an injury to the back of her head.

She says he then pulled her from the closet as she fought back and tossed her onto the bed, where he strangled her with both hands for approximately 10-15 seconds. Once he released her, the two exchanged slaps and continued fighting. He eventually threw her to the ground, where she fell atop a dog crate and was strangled a second time. He fled the home shortly after, and she took photos of bruises to her face, neck, and shoulder which she provided to police.

Fast Forward to June 29, and Hassan and Makiah are at Bourbon Steak by Michael Mina, eating dinner while discussing ending their relationship. He abruptly left the restaurant, leaving her to wait for an Uber to return home. She returned home to find Haskins already inside. She threw a glass at him, shattering it, and then locked herself inside their bedroom. She says Haskins kicked and punched through the door, breaking it in half, so he could enter. During the subsequent argument, she ripped a $5,000 chain from his neck, breaking it.

Haskins then shattered her phone, which was on the nightstand. She then retrieved Haskins' old iPhone so she could call her mother. When she turned on the phone, she says the screen filled with notifications and messages from his Snapchat, and it was a barrage of naked women and chats with them. She then shattered that phone and then assaulted him physically, which she says was from being extremely upset. Makiah then retrieved a knife from the kitchen and moved toward the garage to slash the tires of his vehicle. Haskins reportedly cocked a gun and said, "I hope you would!"

During an interview with police about the second incident, Haskins stated that she attacked him with a broom and strangled him from behind, threw his PS5 from upstairs, and put a hole in the wall. He provided a video of her with the broom during the second incident that showed her strangling and hitting him with the broom and throwing a bottle of water at him. He showed police a red bump on his back that he believed was caused by her assaulting him.

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Sources say that the Harris Commanders ownership group intend to keep Commanders President Jason Wright in place and allow him the opportunity to earn a continued role with the Commanders once the sale is finalized.

Not that surprising considering we're headed into the 2023 season anyways. Would be better to make a change at that position after the season. Similar to how the Broncos didn't completely part ways with Elway until after the season.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Edit: They were both arrested and have both been charged with felony aggravated assault and strangulation. Haskins for the first incident on the 22nd and Makiah Green for the 2nd incident on the 29th. Both released on bond. They sound like a lovely couple.

Story via Scoop Nashville: According to police records, Hassan Haskins observed his girlfriend 'like' an Instagram photo of another man at around Noon on June 22. The two argued, and she began to throw his shoes onto the floor, causing him to be angered and demand she stops touching his things. When she didn't stop, he reportedly pushed her to the ground, causing an injury to the back of her head.

She says he then pulled her from the closet as she fought back and tossed her onto the bed, where he strangled her with both hands for approximately 10-15 seconds. Once he released her, the two exchanged slaps and continued fighting. He eventually threw her to the ground, where she fell atop a dog crate and was strangled a second time. He fled the home shortly after, and she took photos of bruises to her face, neck, and shoulder which she provided to police.

Fast Forward to June 29, and Hassan and Makiah are at Bourbon Steak by Michael Mina, eating dinner while discussing ending their relationship. He abruptly left the restaurant, leaving her to wait for an Uber to return home. She returned home to find Haskins already inside. She threw a glass at him, shattering it, and then locked herself inside their bedroom. She says Haskins kicked and punched through the door, breaking it in half, so he could enter. During the subsequent argument, she ripped a $5,000 chain from his neck, breaking it.

Haskins then shattered her phone, which was on the nightstand. She then retrieved Haskins' old iPhone so she could call her mother. When she turned on the phone, she says the screen filled with notifications and messages from his Snapchat, and it was a barrage of naked women and chats with them. She then shattered that phone and then assaulted him physically, which she says was from being extremely upset. Makiah then retrieved a knife from the kitchen and moved toward the garage to slash the tires of his vehicle. Haskins reportedly cocked a gun and said, "I hope you would!"

During an interview with police about the second incident, Haskins stated that she attacked him with a broom and strangled him from behind, threw his PS5 from upstairs, and put a hole in the wall. He provided a video of her with the broom during the second incident that showed her strangling and hitting him with the broom and throwing a bottle of water at him. He showed police a red bump on his back that he believed was caused by her assaulting him.

View Quote

Too many absolutely gorgeous women out there waiting to have his babies for him to stay with someone who makes him that angry…

And she can easily find someone who won’t strangle her (un requested) or otherwise threaten to kill her
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 8:22:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I was in a crowded wait room today, I pulled up the ESPN app, and I was immediately greeted with an autoplayed video that had the title "Is Russell Wilson's career already Hall of Fame-worthy?"

I literally burst out laughing in the wait room.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Confirmed ESPN termination list at this moment:
Matt Hasselbeck
Max Kellerman
Keyshawn Johnson
Ashley Brewer (Sports Center)
LaPhonso Ellis (NBA analyst)
Neil Everett (Sports Center)
Chris Chelios (NHL analyst)
Jeff Van Gundy
Jalen Rose
Suzy Kolber
Steve Young
View Quote

So will ESPN be going with minimum wage rookie announcers/analysts or what? Something has to fill that airtime vacuum that is left with these layoffs.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Looking for a warm weather NFL game to attend in December or January. Any good matchups? I had a blast the last times I was in New Orleans and Atlanta.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 6:04:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can't stand that racist asshole.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Looking for a warm weather NFL game to attend in December or January. Any good matchups? I had a blast the last times I was in New Orleans and Atlanta.
View Quote

Depending on what Denver can do, Week 14 Broncos at Chargers may be fun.  Primetime Eagles at Dallas too.

Depending on what the new look Raiders do, Thursday Week 15 Chargers at Raiders.

Week 18 Bills at Fish.  Might be OK if Tua is still alive and there is still playoff implications for both teams.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2023 8:11:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Depending on what Denver can do, Week 14 Broncos at Chargers may be fun.  Primetime Eagles at Dallas too.

Depending on what the new look Raiders do, Thursday Week 15 Chargers at Raiders.

Week 18 Bills at Fish.  Might be OK if Tua is still alive and there is still playoff implications for both teams.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh damn that could be fun...
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 8:46:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now that I can agree with! What a piece of shit...
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's just silly
View All Quotes

The Buffalo Bills Referenced on King of the Hill

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#17]

I don’t get it. The dolphins haven’t played a game in February in their entire history.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't get it. The dolphins haven't played a game in February in their entire history.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't get it. The dolphins haven't played a game in February in their entire history.
While it came from a dolphins site it's not about the dolphins...
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
While it came from a dolphins site it's not about the dolphins...
View Quote

Just like games in February….
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 7:28:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

According to GD, it's perfectly fine to brandish on someone trying to slash your tires or otherwise destroy your property, so a collective Coke should be in order
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:54:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Former Arizona Cardinals head coach Vince Tobin, who in 1998 led the Cardinals to their first playoff win in 51 years, passed away this morning at the age of 79.

"Our deepest condolences go out to everyone who knew and loved Vince Tobin, and in particular his wife Kathy and their family," Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill said in a statement. "As head coach of the Cardinals, his steady leadership was a constant and a big part of the success the team enjoyed during his tenure.

"His football legacy with us is highlighted by the thrilling 1998 season, return to the postseason, and upset playoff win at Dallas. He will also be remembered for his instrumental role in key decisions like drafting Jake Plummer and Pat Tillman. More than that, he was a consummate family man and always a class act who positively impacted everyone he encountered."

Tobin was DC for the Chicago Bears under Mike Ditka from 86-92.
DC for the Indianapolis Colts from 94-95.
HC for the Arizona Cardinals from 96-00.
DC for the Detroit Lions in 01.
Assistant for the Green Bay Packers in 04.

He also spent a number of years coaching at Missouri and about a decade in the CFL and USFL.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Via NFL.com:

Stefon Diggs' absence from the first day of mandatory minicamp last month caused a ruckus in Buffalo, a disturbance Bills star quarterback Josh Allen insists isn't a big deal.

"The media has blown this so far out of proportion. We are in rookie or minicamp. We're not playing a game for four months. He doesn't show up for one day. He's still there. Coach asked him to go home. They're in talks. They're trying to resolve some things. It wasn't anything major. And (the) media blew it up. They're still talking about it. Let it go. There's no reason to continue talking about it."

Mmm... To be fair, the head coach said he was "very concerned" about his absence to kick it all off and everyone interviewed about it made it sound like Diggs had an issue with his role on the team. That will get some media attention. But yes, it is only July.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Amusing article over on ESPN: Cups of coffee: Seven former NFL players remember their one and only game

According to Pro Football Reference, 1,432 men have appeared in exactly one career NFL game. If a player ends their career with only one game, they are known as a "cup of coffee" guy. Some fun stories in the link, really suggest checking it out if you are bored/have the time. Here's the 7 guys they talk about:

"The Real Baby Gronk", Glenn Gronkowski, Fullback, Buffalo Bills, Sept 11th 2016, Bills @ Ravens, 8 offensive snaps, 1 holding penalty.

"The Liger", Matt Kinzer, Punter, Detroit Lions, Oct 11th 1987, Lions @ Packers, 7 punts, 238 yards (34 YPA, long of 42).

"Mr. Irrelevant", Chad Kelly, Quarterback, Denver Broncos, Oct 14th 2018, Broncos vs Rams, -1 rushing yards.

"The Record Holder", Kerwin Bell, Quarterback, Indianapolis Colts, Dec 5th 1996, Colts vs Eagles, 5/5, 75 yards, 1 TD, 158.3 passer rating.

"The Speedster", Cephus Weatherspoon, Wide Receiver, New Orleans Saints, Nov 5th 1972, Saints @ Vikings, 11 special teams snaps.

"The Mentor", Jordan Bernstine, Safety, Washington Redskins, Sept 9th 2012, Washington @ Saints, tore his ACL, MCL, PCL and patellar tendon.

"The Replacement" (strike player), Ted Karras Jr., Defensive Tackle, Washington Redskins, Oct 5th 1987, Washington vs Rams, 1 sack.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Amusing article over on ESPN: Cups of coffee: Seven former NFL players remember their one and only game

According to Pro Football Reference, 1,432 men have appeared in exactly one career NFL game. If a player ends their career with only one game, they are known as a "cup of coffee" guy. Some fun stories in the link, really suggest checking it out if you are bored/have the time. Here's the 7 guys they talk about:

"The Real Baby Gronk", Glenn Gronkowski, Fullback, Buffalo Bills, Sept 11th 2016, Bills @ Ravens, 8 offensive snaps, 1 holding penalty.

View Quote

Is it true that Glenn has a Super Bowl ring from his stint on the Patriots practice squad/preseason roster?
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Is it true that Glenn has a Super Bowl ring from his stint on the Patriots practice squad/preseason roster?
View Quote
The Collective Bargaining Agreement states that all practice squad players must receive a Super Bowl ring, however the ring may be a lower quality/value than the active roster players.

It's pretty common for teams to also give smaller rings to other members of the organization/staff.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Aaron Schatz is leaving FO.

Link Posted: 7/6/2023 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Cowboys have signed USFL Birmingham Stallions kicker Brandon Aubrey.

USLF Stats, 10 games played:
14 of 15 FGA
35 of 35 XPA
Long 49 yards
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Ex-RB Corey Dillon rips Bengals' ring of honor selection process
View Quote

Story ESPN

The Bengals' all-time leading rusher -- who once famously said he'd "flip burgers" during a contract dispute with the club -- took shots at how the team honors its former players. In an interview with The Athletic published Thursday, Dillon didn't hold back as he took umbrage with the process that features votes from season-ticket holders and suite holders. He said it was "garbage" and the selection should be done directly by the front office or a special committee.

"This ain't a popularity contest," Dillon told the outlet. "This is football. You are going to put in somebody who is more popular than somebody who got stats?

"Bengals are smart. I give it to them. We will put it in the hands of the season-ticket holders, so they don't have to take that backlash over who the voters are picking. That's bulls---. The s--- should come straight from the team. Half these season-ticket holder people never seen half of us play."
View Quote

I believe he's 100% right on this.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:59:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

DeAndre... you had 717 yards receiving last year...

Edit - To be fair, he was suspended a good chunk of the year but also only played 10 games the prior year as well. 2020 was the last year he hit 1k yards.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Only 1 week remaining for tagged players to work out a replacement contract/deal otherwise they are stuck on the tag for 2023. The holdouts remaining: Saquon Barkley, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard, Evan Engram.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 12:05:16 PM EDT
[#32]
The New York Times has announced they will entirely disband their sports desk. They will bring in more coverage via The Athletic while their former sports writers have been reassigned.
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 7/10/2023 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0sSDywXoAww3Ct?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Who is missing here?
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Who is missing here?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is missing here?

@bassgasm
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

@bassgasm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is missing here?

@bassgasm
Goes by another name now.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

In case anyone forgot, this dude robbed a bank in Oklahoma on his way to Chiefs @ Texans.

Quoted:

@bassgasm
View Quote

I'm way too boring for that.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 2:04:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

In case anyone forgot, this dude robbed a bank in Oklahoma on his way to Chiefs @ Texans.
View Quote
It was reported (at the time) he did it to buy tickets to the games. Reportedly he robbed a number of banks and credit unions and then washed the money through numerous casinos (buying in and cashing out over a million dollars worth of chips).

He was arrested pretty quickly after that Oklahoma robbery. They got his iPhone tracking information and linked him to multiple unsolved robberies. He was released on bond in February then cut off his ankle monitor and went on the run in March. Managed 4 months before they snagged him in California.

Link Posted: 7/10/2023 2:17:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It was reported (at the time) he did it to buy tickets to the games. Reportedly he robbed a number of banks and credit unions and then washed the money through numerous casinos (buying in and cashing out over a million dollars worth of chips).

He was arrested pretty quickly after that Oklahoma robbery. They got his iPhone tracking information and linked him to multiple unsolved robberies. He was released on bond in February then cut off his ankle monitor and went on the run in March. Managed 4 months before they snagged him in California.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.justice.gov/media/1304766/dl?inline

Link Posted: 7/10/2023 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boy is wild
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#42]

Criminals will never not be weird to me.

This guy was not intelligent/resourceful enough to get a stable job.

He was intelligent/resourceful enough to get away with 6 bank robberies before getting busted on the 7th.

He was intelligent/resourceful enough to launder the money through casinos.

He was intelligent/resourceful enough to evade the FBI for four months as a fugitive.

He was NOT intelligent/resourceful enough to do something obvious like leave the country and flee to Mexico or something.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

He was intelligent/resourceful enough to get away with 6 bank robberies before getting busted on the 7th.

He was intelligent/resourceful enough to evade the FBI for four months as a fugitive.

He was NOT intelligent/resourceful enough to do something obvious like leave the country and flee to Mexico or something.
View Quote
On his first 3 robberies he got away with over half a million dollars and successfully (by all appearances) laundered it through numerous casinos. Would have been a good time to walk away. Especially considering it was over $300k on the 3rd one.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Probably the costume gave him away, if he had been a Miami fan he would have never been recognized
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#45]
This season is going to be kind of weird with no Tom Brady. The last time Brady did not play a snap in an NFL season, Bill Clinton still had two years left of his presidency.

Link Posted: 7/10/2023 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Via the NFLPA: The Rooney Suggestion: How the "Rule" Has Failed to Defeat Systemic and Institutional Barriers to Fair and Equitable Hiring Practices in the NFL and Recommendations for Meaningful Reform
By DeMaurice Smith (Executive Director of the NFLPA)

104 pages long... https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/website/Departments/Executive/The-Rooney-Suggestion.pdf

Introduction:

The National Football League (NFL) and its member teams have failed to implement any policies, including the Rooney Rule, that are capable of effectuating sustainable racial and gender diversity in their coaching and executive ranks. This article presents a list of reforms the NFL should and must make to rectify years of deliberate inaction and argues that - given the lack of internally driven effective change - federal, state and local governments should exercise their lawful oversight capacity to ensure reform.  It also analyzes and addresses the NFL and its teams' unfair hiring practices and presents a stark record of these practices, untethered from the myths and untruths perpetuated by the League and its defenders. It reviews the construct of the NFL's operations; assesses the NFL's failure to diversify; evaluates the history and failure of the Rooney Rule; presents results from a confidential survey of current and former coaches of color; reviews hiring decisions and rationales presented by NFL owners; examines strategies the NFL uses to insulate team owners from accountability; and identifies potential legal and oversight-based claims that could be pursued by various stakeholders, including current, former, and prospective coaches, government entities, former and current players, and the NFL Players Association (NFLPA) against the League and its teams.

As demonstrated below, we believe that the evidence overwhelmingly demonstrates that the lack of diversity in the NFL coaching and executive ranks is not an accident but rather the result of a deliberate - or deliberately indifferent - policy of control exerted by the NFL owners.

Link Posted: 7/10/2023 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Via the NFLPA: The Rooney Suggestion: How the "Rule" Has Failed to Defeat Systemic and Institutional Barriers to Fair and Equitable Hiring Practices in the NFL and Recommendations for Meaningful Reform

104 pages long... https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/website/Departments/Executive/The-Rooney-Suggestion.pdf

Introduction:

The National Football League (NFL) and its member teams have failed to implement any policies, including the Rooney Rule, that are capable of effectuating sustainable racial and gender diversity in their coaching and executive ranks. This article presents a list of reforms the NFL should and must make to rectify years of deliberate inaction and argues that - given the lack of internally driven effective change - federal, state and local governments should exercise their lawful oversight capacity to ensure reform.  It also analyzes and addresses the NFL and its teams' unfair hiring practices and presents a stark record of these practices, untethered from the myths and untruths perpetuated by the League and its defenders. It reviews the construct of the NFL's operations; assesses the NFL's failure to diversify; evaluates the history and failure of the Rooney Rule; presents results from a confidential survey of current and former coaches of color; reviews hiring decisions and rationales presented by NFL owners; examines strategies the NFL uses to insulate team owners from accountability; and identifies potential legal and oversight-based claims that could be pursued by various stakeholders, including current, former, and prospective coaches, government entities, former and current players, and the NFL Players Association (NFLPA) against the League and its teams.

As demonstrated below, we believe that the evidence overwhelmingly demonstrates that the lack of diversity in the NFL coaching and executive ranks is not an accident but rather the result of a deliberate - or deliberately indifferent - policy of control exerted by the NFL owners.

View Quote
Fuck the rooney rule!
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Lombardi dropping more headlines on Pat's show (from Friday). This time claiming that the Rams tried, "with a lot of effort" to trade Stafford this off-season.

"When his option bonus was getting ready to kick in, they attempted, with a lot of effort, to trade him - any team could have had him. The problem was, you had to absorb the $59 million, and the Rams knew there was no way around the $59 million. They couldn't get around it unless they traded him and somebody else took it," Lombardi stated.

Edit: On March 17th Stafford's option bonus ($26M) and 2024 salary ($31M) became guaranteed. Combined with his minimum salary this season, you hit $58.5M, which is the $59M Lombardi is talking about. Which covers 2023 and 2024. With all that going guaranteed, the Rams are sitting on a $111.5M deadcap on Stafford this season.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Coaching staffs are chock full of black guys, HC & assistants alike. Co-ordinators as well. WTF do they want, a NBA-like league where it's 95% black, players & coaches? NBA ratings are not far from the pre-Bird/Magic rookie season from what I've read. In short, it's in the shitter. Is that what these NFLPA idiots want?
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 7:59:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Fuck the rooney rule!
View Quote

Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top