User Panel

Page / 557
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck the rooney rule!
View Quote
This, fuck it and all affirmative action.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 8:20:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Probably the costume gave him away, if he had been a Miami fan he would have never been recognized
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 11:10:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Jim Irsay on Pat's show yesterday: "As you guys know, Peyton (Manning's rookie) year we were 3-13, the first year. That's a guy who played a lot of college games and was really prepared as much as he could be for the league. So, for Anthony Richardson, it's going to be tough. We know that. But he has to play to get better. I mean, there's no question. Gardner (Minshew) could come out and play better early on, him just being a veteran, but we have to get Anthony on the field. And that's (head coach) Shane (Steichen's) call when he decides to do it."
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Alvin Kamara has agreed to plead guilty to a lesser misdemeanor charge in order to make his felony charge for his 2022 Pro Bowl Las Vegas assault go away.

Drag things out for 18 months and then take a plea deal, pay a fine, do some community service and sweep the whole thing under the rug. Probably won't even miss a game for it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Alvin Kamara has agreed to plead guilty to a lesser misdemeanor charge in order to make his felony charge for his 2022 Pro Bowl Las Vegas assault go away.

Drag things out for 18 months and then take a plea deal, pay a fine, do some community service and sweep the whole thing under the rug. Probably won't even miss a game for it.
[/quote

That is seriously messed up.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 3:50:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Timing matches up perfectly. Not only did Kamara plea to a lesser charge today, he also settled out of court with the assault victim today. The victim had hired Tony Buzbee to be his attorney, the same attorney as Watson's accusers. He had filed a lawsuit asking for $10M. I hope he settled for a large chunk of that amount.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Just a bit of trolling by the NFL
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's hard to be a Falcons fan... There you are, just enjoying a nice random summer day in July, then the NFL itself takes a shit on you. Next they're going to announce an 80 for Brady movie night.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's hard to be a Falcons fan... There you are, just enjoying a nice random summer day in July, then the NFL itself takes a shit on you. Next they're going to announce an 80 for Brady movie night.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The thing is, it's not like "something happened" to the Falcons in that game. There weren't bad calls made against them. The lights didn't go out while they were driving the ball. The players didn't get food poisoning leading up to the game. Nope. The problem was...the Falcons.

There was a video a while back that did a very good job of breaking down the entire game, second by second, and it showed how, if the Falcons had merely knelt the ball on every single offensive play, followed by punting on 4th down after they took that 28-3 lead, they would have won the game.

Instead, the Falcons just completely and utterly fell apart, and that goes for just about everybody in the organization on that day, probably even down to the water boy.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Had to rewatch the 4th because holy cow!
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not at all. The team and/or NFL will drop severe punishment. Something like suspension for 3-4 pre-season games.....................    
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Looks like the league may have forced them into it.

Edit: Mike Florio (PFT) said on June 26th the Jets were "bracing" to be forced into hosting the show.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The thing is, it's not like "something happened" to the Falcons in that game. There weren't bad calls made against them. The lights didn't go out while they were driving the ball. The players didn't get food poisoning leading up to the game. Nope. The problem was...the Falcons.

There was a video a while back that did a very good job of breaking down the entire game, second by second, and it showed how, if the Falcons had merely knelt the ball on every single offensive play, followed by punting on 4th down after they took that 28-3 lead, they would have won the game.

Instead, the Falcons just completely and utterly fell apart, and that goes for just about everybody in the organization on that day, probably even down to the water boy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Secret base did am EXCELLENT breakdown on that game minus the fucking politics which damn near ruins it

It’s a funny story | The History of the Atlanta Falcons, Part 7

The Falcons are legitimately cursed.

Even Matt Ryan couldn't escape the curse when he left to indy "greatest comeback in NFL history"

Link Posted: 7/12/2023 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Looks like the league may have forced them into it.

Edit: Mike Florio (PFT) said on June 26th the Jets were "bracing" to be forced into hosting the show.
View Quote

That's the last thing they need in camp. I would not like this at all. To many people are looking for jobs and the last thing they need is a camera in there face. They need to axe this hard knock crap.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#15]
These Bucs creamsicle throwback jersey photos are cracking me up. Fucking Baker.

Our Legacy Continues - Creamsicles Return to Tampa Bay

Edit: Apparently, Bert Kreischer was part of the unveiling party they had.

Link Posted: 7/12/2023 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#16]

They should have done this when Brady was signed.

Now these will be the official uniforms of "Oh no! We suck again."
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They should have done this when Brady was signed.
View Quote
I would have 100% bought a Brady Creamsicle jersey if they did. No doubt it would have been one of, if not the, top selling jerseys of whatever season.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 12:36:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Secret base did am EXCELLENT breakdown on that game minus the fucking politics which damn near ruins it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV-8cG63o2w

Even Matt Ryan couldn't escape the curse when he left to indy "greatest comeback in NFL history"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ryan was a broken man after the 28-3 game. The Falcons are shaping up to be better this year than they have been the last few, on paper at least. That too may fall apart when the games start.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Deadline approaching. Tick tock.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 1:07:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Over an hour and a half video, what's the fucking politics about it? I generally like that channel's videos but I haven't seen this one.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holding out as a running back is never a good idea. At least sign it and come up with a phantom injury...
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Holding out as a running back is never a good idea. At least sign it and come up with a phantom injury...
View Quote
There are 4 franchise tag holdouts. 3 running backs and 1 tight end.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would hold out for the maximum allowed games to still get credit for the season. I think it’s 8??? Then play my ass off for potential suitors.
But this strategy it is not without risk.
This strategy only works if the teams backup running backs don’t play lights out or they don’t have a winning record during his holdout.
If the team bombs, they will think twice about trying to retag him next year.

With all that said, I believe the Giants will sign him to a 14M per year contract with about 26-30 Million guaranteed. I believe the guaranteed money is the hold up. Saquons camp probably wants 30 or more. The Giants would like that to be 22-25 Million.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#24]
The RB tag is only $10M this season, so not that surprising they are holding out. The position just isn't worth what it used to be. Anything over $10MPY (actual money) is a win right now.

Christian McCaffrey is at $12M this year
Alvin Kamara is $11M
Derrick Henry is $10.5M
Chubb is $10.9M
Aaron Jones is $11M
Mixon is $10.1M

That is every RB in the NFL who is earning more than the franchise tag this year, and they certainly aren't making much more than it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Over an hour and a half video, what's the fucking politics about it? I generally like that channel's videos but I haven't seen this one.
View Quote

Bro they have a SEVEN part history on the Falcons.  It's legitimately amazing.

But yeah they keep shutting on Trump because HE LIKES THE PATRIOTS AND IS HITLER.

Gets really old, but eventually they get back to the game.

Tons of excuses for that piece of shit Vick too.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

But yeah they keep shutting on Trump because HE LIKES THE PATRIOTS AND IS HITLER.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That game broke the Falcons. They were literally on the rise with an MVP, Julio Jones, the rest of the offense was damn good, the coaching staff was pretty good, they had a very good kicker, they had almost everything going for them. Watching that video is fascinating to see and hear actual Falcons fans discuss the franchise like a coroner might discuss the autopsy of a dead homey.

99.5%. LOL.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#29]
We have gone a while since we last heard anything from Kyler Murray.

As part of an interview for "Flight Plan" he spoke about his ACL for the first time since his injury: "It's got to be a positive. There really is no option for it to be a negative. I feel you get your little grace period right after it happens, dwell on it, soak in it, let the feelings take over. After that, (expletive), we gotta go. Life doesn't stop. The job doesn't stop. And I'm not going to stop."

Speaking about their team failures in 2022: "I'm thinking of stuff that I wasn't part of, like the draft, who we were gonna get, young players coming out. The whole year was (expletive). It happened for a reason. The things we were doing weren't sustainable for success. It was necessary and in turn good will come out of what happened."

"To hit a wall Year 4, especially after going through the whole contract thing, the energy, the aura, the vibes going into the season were all negative. Having to deal with all that stuff and trying to focus on football, and then I got Covid in camp, I hurt my wrist in camp so I missed a lot of reps, and having to play catch up in the season, starting with the Chiefs, it was kind of a compilation of (expletive)-up things going on."

Speaking about the new GM/leadership: "They are really investing in the organization and the team. You run through a wall for that type of guy. That's the energy he brings."

Speaking about all the criticism he has received and the talk about things like his contract's study clause: "I think winning cures all, and it's been tough to do that with some of the circumstances we've had to deal with. But I think we are headed in the right direction."

On being a 5th year veteran and how he is going to be under the microscope this season: "I've got to respect the person or understand the ins and outs or the rhymes and reasons for what we are doing. I'm going to listen. I'm going to be coachable and I'm going to do it to the best of my ability, but if the (expletive) ain't working, at some point, we all have to look in the mirror."

"As far as growing from my rookie year to now, learning how to be one with your emotions, understanding how to talk to people. Some people are able to take the harsh way, and I am naturally that way, or do I need to give them a little love and that's part of the quarterback position. ... And (learning) what can I do better, how can I be better, how can I make the guys around me better? It's a team sport. We all have to be locked in."

Link Posted: 7/12/2023 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That game broke the Falcons. They were literally on the rise with an MVP, Julio Jones, the rest of the offense was damn good, the coaching staff was pretty good, they had a very good kicker, they had almost everything going for them. Watching that video is fascinating to see and hear actual Falcons fans discuss the franchise like a coroner might discuss the autopsy of a dead homey.

99.5%. LOL.
View Quote

Pretty much the exact opposite of that.

Shanny left and then proceeded to do basically the same thing with SF a few years later. Sark was a good replacement but he only lasted two years then it really fell apart.

Beasley never came close to matching that season again, Deon Jones was never healthy again,  and Julio continued to made of glass. Years of  missing on draft picks and bad contracts is what broke them.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#31]
The week 10 Patriots Colts game in Frankfurt Germany sold out "almost instantaneously". According to an NFL spokesperson, more than 700,000 fans signed up for tickets for the two Germany games at Deutsche Bank Park (Patriots vs Colts and Chiefs vs Dolphins). They reported 3 million people were waiting in the digital queue for the Patriots vs Colts tickets at the sale time. More than the Chiefs vs Dolphins game.

The Patriots have long trended as the #1 NFL team in Germany via social media and fan base. The team has marketed themselves in Germany for almost a decade now. Three former Patriots (Sebastian Vollmer, Patrick Chung and Markus Kuhn) are currently in Germany doing fan events and marketing with sponsors.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

With all that said, I believe the Giants will sign him to a 14M per year contract with about 26-30 Million guaranteed. I believe the guaranteed money is the hold up. Saquons camp probably wants 30 or more. The Giants would like that to be 22-25 Million.
View Quote
Via PFT, per league sources, the Giants offered a $13MPY deal to Barkley but he reportedly wanted $16MPY. The Giants told Barkley the deal was off the table if they were forced to tag him because they wanted to sign him to a deal and use the tag on Daniel Jones. In the end they were forced to make a deal with Daniel Jones and use the tag on Barkley and so they then pulled the $13MPY deal off the table.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Via PFT, per league sources, the Giants offered a $13MPY deal to Barkley but he reportedly wanted $16MPY. The Giants told Barkley the deal was off the table if they were forced to tag him because they wanted to sign him to a deal and use the tag on Daniel Jones. In the end they were forced to make a deal with Daniel Jones and use the tag on Barkley and so they then pulled the $13MPY deal off the table.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/12/2023 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve seen both reports. Diana Russini reporting he might not play the opener to add pressure. Negotiations will go to the wire. The Maras are pretty conservative owners that don’t like drama and I think they will bring up the offer to avoid Saquon holding out of training camp (and potentially season games).

Link Posted: 7/12/2023 11:50:46 PM EDT
[#35]
The "Quarterback" docu-series on Netflix launched today. It's produced by Peyton Manning.

I'm three episodes in, and it's decent so far. There's a lot of interesting background on what these guys do and go through.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 1:13:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The "Quarterback" docu-series on Netflix launched today. It's produced by Peyton Manning.

I'm three episodes in, and it's decent so far. There's a lot of interesting background on what these guys do and go through.
View Quote

I'm on the 5th. I've enjoyed it so far.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 4:41:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm on the second. Mrs. Mahomes is aging roughly for a 28? year old. She was never a supermodel, but the second she stops going to the gym she's gonna be a train wreck.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 4:57:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Meanwhile Mrs. Cousins is aging quite gracefully.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm on the second. Mrs. Mahomes is aging roughly for a 28? year old. She was never a supermodel, but the second she stops going to the gym she's gonna be a train wreck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She's super pregnant in these episodes. lol
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Dallas Goedert, "I think Jalen has to be at the top. If you don't, you're just trying to use his name. You can say he's got good talent around him. No, he's a dog. He's really good. I think he should be top three, top two. It's hard to take anything away from Patrick (Mahomes). You go down that list and there's probably 10 quarterbacks that could be in the top five. Depends on what fan base you are. But personally speaking, Jalen is in the top two."

Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#41]
New article up at espn about the decreasing value of running backs. Long but worth a read.

Why star NFL running backs have been devalued: What's next

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Joey Porter JR. Has yet to sign his rookie contract with the Steelers.

Not sure on what the hang up is.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Joey Porter JR. Has yet to sign his rookie contract with the Steelers.

Not sure on what the hang up is.
View Quote
Arguing guarantees/size of the signing bonus most likely. The amount is set (I believe $12.5M), but HOW that money is paid out can be negotiated.

For example, Logan Hall (the 1st selection in the 2nd round last year) negotiated 73% guaranteed with 42% upfront in a signing bonus.

So I imagine Porter is pushing for a fully guaranteed contract (like the 1st rounders pretty much all get now-a-days) and probably half of it upfront.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I actually caught on to that extremely subtle detail.

My point stands.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 12:27:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The RB tag is only $10M this season, so not that surprising they are holding out. The position just isn't worth what it used to be. Anything over $10MPY (actual money) is a win right now.

Christian McCaffrey is at $12M this year
Alvin Kamara is $11M
Derrick Henry is $10.5M
Chubb is $10.9M
Aaron Jones is $11M
Mixon is $10.1M

That is every RB in the NFL who is earning more than the franchise tag this year, and they certainly aren't making much more than it.
View Quote

My understanding is that Bijan is getting $13M — highest paid RB in the league and he hasn’t had a carry yet.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

My understanding is that Bijan is getting $13M   highest paid RB in the league and he hasn't had a carry yet.
View Quote
Only due to his signing bonus for his rookie contract. He's going to receive pennies by comparison for the remaining 3 years.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

You're right... It's long.

There's interesting history there, and he covers a lot of different angles, but this mostly isn't a mystery:

RBs have short careers
They're relatively easy to replace
RB rotations/committees are working well
RB talent is easier to find later in the draft
Contract extensions for star RBs have a HIGH failure rate
Run plays produce less value than pass plays

Buy 'em cheap, stack 'em deep, use 'em up, and throw 'em away.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

My point stands.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My point stands.

These photos crossed one of my feeds a couple weeks ago: https://www.the-sun.com/sport/8476277/brittany-mahomes-tiny-black-bikini-nfl/

Her face is still meh, but her body still rocks. That's fantastic for a woman with two kids.

I won't defend her personality, but that? C'mon man.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 12:53:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You're right... It's long.

There's interesting history there, and he covers a lot of different angles, but this mostly isn't a mystery:

RBs have short careers
They're relatively easy to replace
RB rotations/committees are working well
RB talent is easier to find later in the draft
Contract extensions for star RBs have a HIGH failure rate
Run plays produce less value than pass plays

Buy 'em cheap, stack 'em deep, use 'em up, and throw 'em away.
View Quote

I like your summary! For those who haven’t read the article, that’s the TLDR.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

These photos crossed one of my feeds a couple weeks ago: https://www.the-sun.com/sport/8476277/brittany-mahomes-tiny-black-bikini-nfl/

Her face is still meh, but her body still rocks. That's fantastic for a woman with two kids.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My point stands.

I definitely have personality goggles. I can see Brittany's body is objectively better than Mrs. Mariota's, but then you see her shrieking in the luxury box and I just cringe. I'd much rather cuddle with the Hawaiian.
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top