Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 557
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#1]
So if Dan Snyder is selling the team how exactly does the NFL plan on fining him?  If he’s no longer affiliated with them couldn’t he just tell them to suck dick on their fine?  And if they wouldn’t let him sell without paying it then he could say “oh well, I guess you’re stuck with me!”
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:44:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Florio has been triggered by and ranting about the Mahomes contract for the entire offseason now.

I'm not sure if agents are putting him up to it or if he's really that bothered by it himself.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 12:02:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 12:26:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

yo... thanks for the shout out on this glorious day

membership lapsed and just needed a little break from arf.

but what a good day to post.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2023 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Florio has been triggered by and ranting about the Mahomes contract for the entire offseason now.

I'm not sure if agents are putting him up to it or if he's really that bothered by it himself.
View Quote

Florio is, undoubtedly, a douche, but at the same time, it’s the off-season and some of these guys have 10+ hours (some even have 20+ hours) every week in which they need to talk about something.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Florio is, undoubtedly, a douche, but at the same time, it’s the off-season and some of these guys have 10+ hours (some even have 20+ hours) every week in which they need to talk about something.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least they aren't talking about "who's going to be the starting qb for the 49ers"

And coming up with Sam Darnold.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So if Dan Snyder is selling the team how exactly does the NFL plan on fining him?  If he's no longer affiliated with them couldn't he just tell them to suck dick on their fine?  And if they wouldn't let him sell without paying it then he could say "oh well, I guess you're stuck with me!"
View Quote
I'm sure it is part of the ownership regulations that they are all restricted too, with the fact that he was the owner during the time of the infractions keeps him liable even if he is no longer the owner.

I'm also sure this was all worked out with him privately long before it became public.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Jets and Rodgers still have not worked out a revised contract, following the reconfigured deal the Jets inherited when the trade from Green Bay was finalized.

That means at this moment, Rodgers 2023 salary (and cap hit) is only the minimum $1.2M, however the remainder of what he had coming in 2023 is linked with 2024, both guaranteed. Which means he would receive $107.6M in 2024... That just isn't going to happen.

The Jets camp has already begun since the Jets play in the Hall of Fame game this year. Their first public practice will be tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Jets and Rodgers still have not worked out a revised contract, following the reconfigured deal the Jets inherited when the trade from Green Bay was finalized.

That means at this moment, Rodgers 2023 salary (and cap hit) is only the minimum $1.2M, however the remainder of what he had coming in 2023 is linked with 2024, both guaranteed. Which means he would receive $107.6M in 2024... That just isn't going to happen.

The Jets camp has already begun since the Jets play in the Hall of Fame game this year. Their first public practice will be tomorrow.
View Quote

Speaking of which: I know some people are hyping the hell out of Rodgers and the Jets, but I genuinely would be surprised if the Jets with Rodgers managed to simply do as well as the Jets with Favre.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Speaking of which: I know some people are hyping the hell out of Rodgers and the Jets, but I genuinely would be surprised if the Jets with Rodgers managed to simply do as well as the Jets with Favre.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
There's always the chance he pulls a Russell Wilson. Not to mention he's just aging. He turns 40 this season.

Favre retired at 41.
Brees retired at 42.
Peyton retired at 39.

Excluding Brady, those are the 3 oldest great quarterbacks to play the game in the recent era. Most others are already done or falling apart at this point.

Rivers made it to 39, McNabb 35, Warner 38, Matt Ryan 37 last year, Carson Palmer 38, Romo 36, Roflburger 39 (and a disaster), McNair 34, Jeff Garcia 38, Culpepper only made it to 32...

As I posted a few days ago:
Quoted:
AFC scout on Rodgers: "I think everyone is afraid to say he's declined a little. He's still a great thrower and sees it really well, but he's more like [ranked] 8 to 12 for me."

My expectations for Rodgers are EVERYTHING. He could be a disaster, or he could win MVP, and certainly everything in-between. Will be fun to watch.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 3:01:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There's always the chance he pulls a Russell Wilson. Not to mention he's just aging. He turns 40 this season.

Favre retired at 41.
Brees retired at 42.
Peyton retired at 39.

Excluding Brady, those are the 3 oldest great quarterbacks to play the game in the recent era. Most others are already done or falling apart at this point.

Rivers made it to 39, McNabb 35, Warner 38, Matt Ryan 37 last year, Carson Palmer 38, Romo 36, Roflburger 39 (and a disaster), McNair 34, Jeff Garcia 38, Culpepper only made it to 32...

My expectations for Rodgers are EVERYTHING. He could be a disaster, or he could win MVP, and certainly everything in-between. Will be fun to watch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Favre retired at 41.
Brees retired at 42.
Peyton retired at 39.

Quoted:
AFC scout on Rodgers: "I think everyone is afraid to say he's declined a little. He's still a great thrower and sees it really well, but he's more like [ranked] 8 to 12 for me."

Rodgers could play after having his left hand amputated and I still don’t think he’d play as bad as 2022 Russell Wilson.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’ll be rooting for him.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Oh. Okay. I'm sure there's no reason in particular this is happening.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Rodgers could play after having his left hand amputated and I still don’t think he’d play as bad as 2022 Russell Wilson.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Favre retired at 41.
Brees retired at 42.
Peyton retired at 39.

Quoted:

Rodgers (39.3) and Wilson (36.7) were directly next to each other in terms of QBR last year.

One could easily argue that the two players took different routes to get there, and there were different contributing factors, but those were the stats at the end of the season.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I’ll be rooting for him.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2023 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Edit: Wilson ended his season with Texas Tech last year with two foot surgeries. He did not participate in any offseason field work. He had previously said he expected to be ready for training camp. He is eligible to come off the list at any time.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Rodgers (39.3) and Wilson (36.7) were directly next to each other in terms of QBR last year.

One could easily argue that the two players took different routes to get there, and there were different contributing factors, but those were the stats at the end of the season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Favre retired at 41.
Brees retired at 42.
Peyton retired at 39.

Quoted:

Like Wilson jacking up his season stats by, inexplicably, going 30 for 35 with 500 yards, 5 TDs, and 0 INTs against the Chiefs.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Like Wilson jacking up his season stats by, inexplicably, going 30 for 35 with 500 yards, 5 TDs, and 0 INTs against the Chiefs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Favre retired at 41.
Brees retired at 42.
Peyton retired at 39.

Quoted:

There's nothing inexplicable about it. That defense was bad.

And they ruined the Russell Wilson bathroom meme.

Link Posted: 7/21/2023 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fk3QDmPXgAAgkVn?format=jpg&name=small
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Favre retired at 41.
Brees retired at 42.
Peyton retired at 39.

Quoted:

And yet 9 of the 12 games before that were against defenses that finished the season ranked WORSE than the Chiefs in total defense. Hell, 5 of the games before that were against defenses that finished the season ranked in the bottom 10.  Wilson shit the bed against all of them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here we go again….
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Here we go again….
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here we go again….

"The team that was THE favorite to win the Super Bowl was not even a contender to win the Super Bowl that they eventually won.  How are all of you STILL not getting that?!?!"

Link Posted: 7/21/2023 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

"The team that was THE favorite to win the Super Bowl was not even a contender to win the Super Bowl that they eventually won.  How are all of you STILL not getting that?!?!"

https://media.tenor.com/IIwoZpTUtQ0AAAAC/hell-wrong-mad.gif

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Bennjammin hasn't posted since May 3rd?

https://www.ar15.com/member/user.html?id=312684

I hope he's okay...

Welcome back, log out & back in. Enjoy the wonderful news!

Link Posted: 7/21/2023 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here we go again….

8/10

If you would have posted that graph (the one with offense a full standard deviation ahead of the league) as proof that they weren’t contenders I would have given it a ten.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:53:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Are the Jets reworking Rodgers contract?

The way this article is worded it sounds like they are getting him for vet minimum this year with all guarantees pushed out to 2024. New deal is expected but...

I interpret if they don't agree to new terms, he'll be obligated to the vet minimum deal with AR's only recourse to sit out. The drama never ends even though camp has already begun. Put this guy on TV already

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10083460-aaron-rodgers-rumors-jets-qb-still-hasnt-reworked-contract-owed-10755m-in-2024
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 8:27:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Saw this and thought of Bennjammin

Link Posted: 7/22/2023 2:39:04 PM EDT
[#29]
It’s funny to see an egomaniac who loves to portray themselves as being so knowledgeable about sports, put their ignorance out on full display over something so basic as MLB teams can’t trade draft picks.

Link Posted: 7/23/2023 12:19:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Missed this post earlier. Will be interesting to see how it works out.

In the meantime things are spicy at Jets camp: https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jets-players-multiple-fights-training-camp
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Attachment Attached File

CliffNotes of the meeting:

Link Posted: 7/24/2023 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Could you imagine the uproar if Zeke were to take Barkley's role?

The RB who got paid scabbing the RB trying to get paid.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 10:02:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Bills’ Nyheim Hines is expected to miss the entire season with a knee injury, which he supposedly suffered away from the Bills’ facility.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Bills’ Nyheim Hines is expected to miss the entire season with a knee injury, which he supposedly suffered away from the Bills’ facility.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2023 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

was he Bills' primary rusher? or backup?
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was thought he would have a significant role after they traded for him last year, but it turned out to be nothing.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 10:18:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 10:19:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Returner.

Currently James Cook is their primary RB.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 10:20:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2023 10:27:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It was thought he would have a significant role after they traded for him last year, but it turned out to be nothing.
View Quote

Well, if you consider 2 kickoff returns in a single game, that came immediately after one of their teammates dying on the field and then being resuscitated to be nothing, than I guess it was nothing...

Link Posted: 7/24/2023 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

That sucks, based on the weapons added I wasn’t sure what his role was going to be, but I hate seeing guys get hurt and there is always the potential some of the guys added don’t work out.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 10:33:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kick returner and speedy third down back type. They seem to have those roles covered but it is still a loss of a talented guy.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 10:55:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Kick returner and speedy third down back type. They seem to have those roles covered but it is still a loss of a talented guy.
View Quote

Trickle down effects.

With iMac and Hines gone, Harty probably becomes primary returner.
That means he's less likely to be WR3 or 4.
Sherfield, Shakir more likely to get a regular role at WR.
Shorter more likely to make the 53.

Murray now makes the team at RB if he can still play at all.
If not the UDFA has a shot.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Could you imagine the uproar if Zeke were to take Barkley's role?

The RB who got paid scabbing the RB trying to get paid.  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/24/2023 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It’s funny to see an egomaniac who loves to portray themselves as being so knowledgeable about sports, put their ignorance out on full display over something so basic as MLB teams can’t trade draft picks.

View Quote

They can though in rare circumstances. Royals traded a draft pick to the Braves for Drew Waters. Compensation picks can be traded.

But your point is valid. Plus what draft picks will they be trading for? 2024 lottery isn’t done yet so a first could be 1 or 8. And of course he wouldn’t be traded to a lottery team anyway.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top