BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 557
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Bennjammin hasn't posted since May 3rd?

https://www.ar15.com/member/user.html?id=312684

I hope he's okay...
View Quote

Maybe it's just because it's the slow season...
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:56:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I was trying that last year.  CBS comes in okay, but ABC and Fox are iffy.   A few weeks into the season I gave up and subscribed to Youtube TV until the Superbowl, then cancelled it until week 1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't even know if i'll get to watch games this year, it's like $400 for the season or $250 if you drop $70 a month on youtube TV which i don't...

With all the different ways you need to subscribe to watch it's so annoying most of the time i'd rather drink by the fire and listen to country music (old county not new shit).

You almost need a masters degree to know how to watch each game... and god forbid something thinks you are in market when you are not...

You can watch ~3 games a week including all of your home team's games legally for free with this one easy trick:

https://business.time.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2012/02/antenna1.jpg?w=600

I was trying that last year.  CBS comes in okay, but ABC and Fox are iffy.   A few weeks into the season I gave up and subscribed to Youtube TV until the Superbowl, then cancelled it until week 1

I get the local channels in my area via Hulu on my Roku streaming device. Wondering if that will still work this year. Baseball has been all kinds of messed up thanks to Bally Sports, I'm thinking NFL will be jacked up too.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Falcons will be using their old red helmet (instead of the current black models) for three games this season.

Link Posted: 7/20/2023 11:19:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Colts released their "Indiana Nights" alternate jersey that will be worn week 7 vs the Browns. Not getting good reviews on social media. They look like a high school uniform to me. Just plain/cheap/generic looking.

Link Posted: 7/20/2023 11:23:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Pro Football Network released their pre-season top 100. link

10:  TJ Watt
9: Tyreek Hill
8: Justin Jefferson
7: Lane Johnson
6: Myles Garrett
5: Trent Williams
4: Travis Kelce
3: Aaron Donald
2: Micah Parsons
1: Patrick Mahomes
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

1: Patrick Mahomes[/quote

TJ should be higher than garrett.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#7]
The Chicago Bears have never had a QB throw for 4,000 yards in a single season. Erik Kramer holds the single season record with 3,838 yards in 1995.

CBS Sports: "Will you break that record?"
Justin Fields: "I will. Plan on doing it this year."
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Vikings first round pick, rookie wide receiver Jordan Addison, was charged with reckless driving last night when he was clocked doing 140 mph in his Lamborghini.

Edit: Kid bought himself a half a million dollar car and got arrested before he even hit training camp. Just WR things...

Double Edit: Only source right now is via a Sports Illustrated sports gambling/fantasy sports coverage guy. Waiting for other reports.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Just further beating the running back conversation to death. Via ESPN Stats.

Average age of rookies entering the league is 22. Which means for running backs, they aren't even off their rookie deal for this average.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I get the local channels in my area via Hulu on my Roku streaming device. Wondering if that will still work this year. Baseball has been all kinds of messed up thanks to Bally Sports, I'm thinking NFL will be jacked up too.
View Quote

Peacock began showing Thur night games last year. The app was free on Comcast. I even began watching it for free movies.

Then, guess what? All of the sudden it's no longer free. Now it's subscription only. No more Thurs might games for me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#11]
The Titans will be wearing Oiler throwbacks this season, but not versus Houston. Their official reveal will be this coming weekend (Teaser Video ) but there was a little leak:

Link Posted: 7/20/2023 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Vikings first round pick, rookie wide receiver Jordan Addison, was charged with reckless driving last night when he was clocked doing 140 mph in his Lamborghini.

Edit: Kid bought himself a half a million dollar car and got arrested before he even hit training camp. Just WR things...

Double Edit: Only source right now is via a Sports Illustrated sports gambling/fantasy sports coverage guy. Waiting for other reports.
View Quote

Of course he did.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 2:20:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Instead of forcing rookies to watch that anti-gambling after-school-special (or whatever) they should instead force them to watch this:

Attachment Attached File

However, I doubt for the majority of them it would do much good.  Still probably more helpful than that anti-gambling one though.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Instead of forcing rookies to watch that anti-gambling after-school-special (or whatever) they should instead force them to watch this:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/2697D99C-16A3-4683-B62D-5BDA4B4D1376_jpe-2892494.JPG

However, I doubt for the majority of them it would do much good.  Still probably more helpful than that anti-gambling one though.
View Quote
One of my favorite Hard Knocks episodes was from the 2018 Cleveland Browns. Carl Nassib was teaching his teammates how interest worked and what they all should do with just a small amount of their signing bonuses/salary in order to ensure they would have millions of dollars in retirement down the road no matter what else they did.

I can't remember his whole spiel, but I remember him doing the math on a white board and telling them, "Don't fucking touch it. It's so fucking easy."

It really struck with me to see one young player teaching all these other young players how they could protect themselves financially for life and how none of them seemingly had any clue how any of it worked.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

1: Patrick Mahomes[/quote

TJ should be higher than garrett.
View Quote

and Donald and Parsons
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
One of my favorite Hard Knocks episodes was from the 2018 Cleveland Browns. Carl Nassib was teaching his teammates how interest worked and what they all should do with just a small amount of their signing bonuses/salary in order to ensure they would have millions of dollars in retirement down the road no matter what else they did.

I can't remember his whole spiel, but I remember him doing the math on a white board and telling them, "Don't fucking touch it. It's so fucking easy."

It really struck with me to see one young player teaching all these other young players how they could protect themselves financially for life and how none of them seemingly had any clue how any of it worked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/2697D99C-16A3-4683-B62D-5BDA4B4D1376_jpe-2892494.JPG

This is my favorite 30 for 30.

Don’t click, Bills’ fans.

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

1: Patrick Mahomes
View Quote

The Bills had 6 on there (I didnt count the other teams )

88. Von
81. Hyde
80. Poyer
63. Milano
24. Diggs
16. Allen
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

It's mine too
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

It is a good one, it really captures the era.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

There was a sports player (Don't remember what sport) long ago that was telling other players invest your endorsement money and live off your game money. So in the end you would have financial stability when you called it quits. Unfortunately most players don't think like that when you get all that money.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

There was a sports player (Don't remember what sport) long ago that was telling other players invest your endorsement money and live off your game money. So in the end you would have financial stability when you called it quits. Unfortunately most players don't think like that when you get all that money.
View Quote
IIRC it was widely reported for a number of years that Gronk invested/saved/kept all of his game money and was living completely off endorsements/misc income.

Edit: Pulled from a 2018 MassLive report: "While Gronkowski is in the middle of a six-year, $54 million contract he signed back in June 2012, the 29-year-old All-Pro has actually never spent any of his NFL earnings so far, opting instead to use all of the cash he's accumulated from multiple endorsement deals."

Double Edit: From his book he released in 2015, "To this day, I still haven't touched one dime of my signing bonus or NFL contract money. I live off my marketing money and haven't blown it on any big-money expensive cars, expensive jewelry or tattoos and still wear my favorite pair of jeans from high school."
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Patriots will wear the red Pat Patriot throwback uniforms with the white Pat Patriot helmets twice in 2023 (same as 2022). Versus the Dolphins in week 2 on SNF and versus the Chargers in week 13.

Edit: For the uncultured swine who don't know what that means:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Frankly, I'm happy that the Lambo dealers come out on top. I mean, they had to start a business, employ people, etc. Yay capitalism.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

My Maserati does 185 ...
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Patriots will wear the red Pat Patriot throwback uniforms with the white Pat Patriot helmets twice in 2023 (same as 2022). Versus the Dolphins in week 2 on SNF and versus the Chargers in week 13.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/nXxOjZrbnbRxS/giphy.gif?cid=790b761100phe95kwfgwyggajiyoi3a4f6xa8hj02ni2x3vq&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

So much better than their current uniforms.

I am so glad Buffalo went back to classic looking uniforms and away from those really dark blue ones.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#26]

I hope Benn comes back. This is probably the best thing to happen to his team in his football watching life.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I hope Benn comes back. This is probably the best thing to happen to his team in his football watching life.
View Quote

Link to the report, I'm going to start checking it out: PDF
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Some highlights and then the abbreviated findings of the report, investigation highlights first:
  • "Mr. Snyder, for nearly a year, refused to be interviewed [for the NFL investigation] and, when he did finally agree to an interview, he declared that it would be limited to one hour."
  • "Similarly, the Club refused, for many months, to search for and produce critical documents necessary to understand unexplained transfers involving tens of millions of dollars ... of potentially shareable NFL revenues to non-shareable accounts."
  • "the Club claimed that it was too burdensome and expensive to provide the specific accounting records and supporting documentation"
Findings (abbreviated):
  • Tiffani Johnston's claims that Daniel Snyder put his hand on her thigh and tried to get her into his vehicle are sustained.
  • Tiffani Johnston's claims about improper photo use/spread is sustained.
  • Jason Friedman's claims that the Club intentionally withheld sharable revenues is sustained. Includes aprox $11M in revenues and an indeterminable amount of additional ticket, parking, licensing and other revenues due to lack of provided evidence by the Club.
Edit: Explanations of the findings, highlighted/condensed:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I hope he's okay...
View Quote

yo... thanks for the shout out on this glorious day

membership lapsed and just needed a little break from arf.

but what a good day to post.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Isn't he old enough for the 90's Super Bowl?

Or are you saying this is even better than that?
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I hope he's okay...
View Quote

Taped to a goal post somewhere?
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 7:17:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://media3.giphy.com/media/nXxOjZrbnbRxS/giphy.gif?cid=790b761100phe95kwfgwyggajiyoi3a4f6xa8hj02ni2x3vq&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Those are awesome uniforms. Muuuuuuch better than what they regularly wear now.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I am so glad Buffalo went back to classic looking uniforms and away from those really dark blue ones.
View Quote

Now give me the red helmets
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:22:41 PM EDT
[#34]
It’s 2023 and ESPN is still acting like a man is Rosa Parks because he feels the need to announce to strangers that he likes cock.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 11:08:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It's 2023 and ESPN is still acting like a man is Rosa Parks because he feels the need to announce to strangers that he likes cock.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/8FCD0644-A946-41D4-B929-32D5AC1DCCAA_jpe-2892980.JPG
View Quote

6.05 billion huh. Looks like the buyer coughed up most of Snyder's fines.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 11:47:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope he's okay...

As long as you're good, we're good.

Drink a frosty one and enjoy the celebration.

Link Posted: 7/21/2023 12:11:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few things...

-Without looking it up, I thought the last WTF Super Bowl win was the '80s.

-1992 was a LONG time ago. 31 years to be exact. You'd have to be 40+ years old to have much of a chance of remembering that game.

-Getting rid of bad franchise ownership is arguably more rare and perhaps more special than winning a Super Bowl. Most of the guys in this thread have seen their team hoist a Lombardi at least once. But how many fans have seen their crap owners pressured into selling and leaving? Bad ownership is the ONE problem teams have that, realistically speaking, CANNOT be fixed. You can draft/trade for QBs. You can fire coaches. Owners? They can't be fired. And those guys usually hang around until they're dead or close to it. Dan Snyder is just 58 years old. The WTF fan base easily could have been stuck with that guy for 25+ years, but now he's gone.

The Browns fans are stuck with the Haslams. The Raiders fans are stuck with Mark Davis. Bears fans are stuck with McCaskey. The Chargers fans got dumped by Dean Spanos who decided he would rather rent space in another team's stadium than stay in his own city. The Panthers might have a long and bumpy ride with David Tepper. And the Bengals fans have to worry if Mike Brown is willing/able to pay their stars and keep their team in contention. But Dan Snyder? He was arguably worse than them all, and he's gone. THAT is a rare win.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 5:08:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 7:36:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

6.05 billion huh. Looks like the buyer coughed up most of Snyder's fines.
View Quote

Most? You mean “all”? Snyder got fined $60 million. The lawyers representing the women called it a “massive fine”. Apparently unable to do math, they would realize it’s less than 1% of what he sold the team for.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#40]
From the filming of the "Quarterback" series. Mahomes, Mariota and Cousins sitting and talking. Then the question gets ask, who is the most underrated quarterback in the NFL.

Mahomes pointed at Cousins. "I think this guy right here. I mean, if you look at Kirk over here, man. Wins every year. Puts up great stats. Did it in Washington. Does it in Minnesota. Talk to any other quarterbacks in the league, and they're gonna say the same thing."

"I'd agree with that," Mariota said. "I've been in a few systems and [with] a few coaches. And a lot of the tape that we'd watch was of Kirk. A guy consistently, year in and year out, continues to prove why he is one of the top quarterbacks in the league."

Kirk responded, "Any time you can be complimented by your peers, it beats any compliment coming from anybody else in your life."
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Clip from the Netflix series "Quarterback" that didn't make it into an episode. Mahomes, Mariota and Cousins sitting and talking. Then the question gets ask, who is the most underrated quarterback in the NFL.

Mahomes pointed at Cousins. "I think this guy right here. I mean, if you look at Kirk over here, man. Wins every year. Puts up great stats. Did it in Washington. Does it in Minnesota. Talk to any other quarterbacks in the league, and they're gonna say the same thing."

"I'd agree with that," Mariota said. "I've been in a few systems and [with] a few coaches. And a lot of the tape that we'd watch was of Kirk. A guy consistently, year in and year out, continues to prove why he is one of the top quarterbacks in the league."

Kirk responded, "Any time you can be complimented by your peers, it beats any compliment coming from anybody else in your life."
View Quote

Kirk really doesn't seem like the problem when they have a trash tier defense every year.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:15:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please do. Make it Redskins again.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:21:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Kirk really doesn't seem like the problem when they have a trash tier defense every year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Clip from the Netflix series "Quarterback" that didn't make it into an episode. Mahomes, Mariota and Cousins sitting and talking. Then the question gets ask, who is the most underrated quarterback in the NFL.

Kirk is underrated in the sense that people talk about him as if he sucks when he's been consistently good in a fringe top-10 sort of way, but I think his biggest problem is that he gets sacked a LOT.

The Vikings OL was below average, so that's at least part of the problem, but Cousins took 46 sacks for 329 yards lost. The only QBs that got sacked more than Cousins last year were Fields and Wilson.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It won't be that, but most of the other suggestions from the previous round were better than Commanders, and I think that includes Washington Football Team.

I would be amused by either of these:

Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Minnesota's not a team to go to if you want Superbowls. Small market, cold, etc.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Welcome back
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh the outrage!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

A few things...

-1992 was a LONG time ago. 31 years to be exact. You'd have to be 40+ years old to have much of a chance of remembering that game.

-Getting rid of bad franchise ownership is arguably more rare and perhaps more special than winning a Super Bowl. Most of the guys in this thread have seen their team hoist a Lombardi at least once. But how many fans have seen their crap owners pressured into selling and leaving? Bad ownership is the ONE problem teams have that, realistically speaking, CANNOT be fixed. You can draft/trade for QBs. You can fire coaches. Owners? They can't be fired. And those guys usually hang around until they're dead or close to it. Dan Snyder is just 58 years old. The WTF fan base easily could have been stuck with that guy for 25+ years, but now he's gone.

The Browns fans are stuck with the Haslams. The Raiders fans are stuck with Mark Davis. Bears fans are stuck with McCaskey. The Chargers fans got dumped by Dean Spanos who decided he would rather rent space in another team's stadium than stay in his own city. The Panthers might have a long and bumpy ride with David Tepper. And the Bengals fans have to worry if Mike Brown is willing/able to pay their stars and keep their team in contention. But Dan Snyder? He was arguably worse than them all, and he's gone. THAT is a rare win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few things...

I was at that game.
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top