BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 557
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't even know if i'll get to watch games this year, it's like $400 for the season or $250 if you drop $70 a month on youtube TV which i don't...

With all the different ways you need to subscribe to watch it's so annoying most of the time i'd rather drink by the fire and listen to country music (old county not new shit).

You almost need a masters degree to know how to watch each game... and god forbid something thinks you are in market when you are not...
View Quote
You can always stream them.  Reddit NFL streams got killed but there's other sites. In minecraft of course.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Of all the men in national sports talk shows I’ve seen in the past half decade, he is probably at the top of the “why are you even talking” list.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You can always stream them.  Reddit NFL streams got killed but there's other sites. In minecraft of course.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Of all the men in national sports talk shows I've seen in the past half decade, he is probably at the top of the "why are you even talking" list.
View Quote
I thought he got canned in the great ESPN purge?
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of all the men in national sports talk shows I've seen in the past half decade, he is probably at the top of the "why are you even talking" list.

He works for Fox sports...another little loud mouth ahole.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Of all the men in national sports talk shows I’ve seen in the past half decade, he is probably at the top of the “why are you even talking” list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yea I cant stand that douchebag. Hes got a great beak to catch hands with
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:04:17 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

Not sure what that means... i kind of gave up working that hard to watch a game i don't really even enjoy anymore.  My wife and i used to really like going to games.  We've been to games at about half the teams home stadiums (or previous home stadium for Raiders, Chargers and Seahawks).

But i just can't get past the whole woke horseshit thing and lost interest...  i watch when my wife has games on sometimes... but if the Bills are on (her team) i usually go play my PS4/5.  She's kind of obnoxious to watch her team with...

between
the cost
the complexity of figuring out what channel you need to own/subscribe to to watch which game
the politics
the wife screaming "TACKLE HIM!!!  What the fuck are you doing on the field if you can't fucking tackle???  You make MILLIONS... OH MY GOD you are so AWFUL... i hope you get traded..."

Just not as enjoyable as something on the rocks and a fire in the pit with classic country music on my $20 Bluetooth speaker.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:37:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And before that the biggest thing he did was a local sports talk show.  He never covered sports, he never played sports, and he never coached sports.

His lack of experience combined with him having the charisma of a lobster and the looks of an anamorphic aardvark makes it is simply baffling how he ever got the job at FS1.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 10:12:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't even know if i'll get to watch games this year, it's like $400 for the season or $250 if you drop $70 a month on youtube TV which i don't...

With all the different ways you need to subscribe to watch it's so annoying most of the time i'd rather drink by the fire and listen to country music (old county not new shit).

You almost need a masters degree to know how to watch each game... and god forbid something thinks you are in market when you are not...
View Quote

You can watch ~3 games a week including all of your home team's games legally for free with this one easy trick:

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 10:15:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You can watch ~3 games a week including all of your home team's games legally for free with this one easy trick:

https://business.time.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2012/02/antenna1.jpg?w=600
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#14]

He's a good candidate, but Damar Hamlin has this in the bag if he plays.

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 11:14:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Not sure what that means... i kind of gave up working that hard to watch a game i don't really even enjoy anymore.  My wife and i used to really like going to games.  We've been to games at about half the teams home stadiums (or previous home stadium for Raiders, Chargers and Seahawks).

But i just can't get past the whole woke horseshit thing and lost interest...  i watch when my wife has games on sometimes... but if the Bills are on (her team) i usually go play my PS4/5.  She's kind of obnoxious to watch her team with...

between
the cost
the complexity of figuring out what channel you need to own/subscribe to to watch which game
the politics
the wife screaming "TACKLE HIM!!!  What the fuck are you doing on the field if you can't fucking tackle???  You make MILLIONS... OH MY GOD you are so AWFUL... i hope you get traded..."

Just not as enjoyable as something on the rocks and a fire in the pit with classic country music on my $20 Bluetooth speaker.
View Quote

First of all, Do not disparage Bills Mafia.
Second of all, its easy to stream shit. And it's gotten a lot better once you realize a lot of the players aren't as woke as your think they are. Especially on the Bills.
Thirdly, you can enjoy foosball and fire pits, I have both.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is what happens when you sign a SIX year long contract that takes you into your mid-30s. Dude should have never signed a contract for more than 3-4 years. Would have allowed him to sign one last big one at 31-32.

I also wouldn't say that the 9th highest average salary at your position is "woefully" underpaid.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 12:17:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Second of all, its easy to stream shit. And it's gotten a lot better once you realize a lot of the players aren't as woke as your think they are. Especially on the Bills.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Dude is awful. Might as well release him now.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Just saw some Twitter talk about the Cowboys and their Diggs and contract issues.

Wonder if Stef could get him to the Bills next year
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Lombardi Lenny is reportedly working out for the Patriots today.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just saw some Twitter talk about the Cowboys and their Diggs and contract issues.

View Quote

An above average-good CB that’s going to, at best, demand top 3 money and, at worst, demand to be the highest paid of all time?

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

An above average-good CB that’s going to, at best, demand top 3 money and, at worst, demand to be the highest paid of all time?

https://media.tenor.com/ynI9xRQvzX8AAAAC/iron-man-hes-all-yours.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/ynI9xRQvzX8AAAAC/iron-man-hes-all-yours.gif

Yeah, no. I used to like the idea, but HK is right.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 1:48:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This is what happens when you sign a SIX year long contract that takes you into your mid-30s. Dude should have never signed a contract for more than 3-4 years. Would have allowed him to sign one last big one at 31-32.

I also wouldn't say that the 9th highest average salary at your position is "woefully" underpaid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If over the last 9 seasons you’ve been THE best guard in the NFL and arguably the best O-lineman in the NFL, it might be.

Still, he was the one who made the decision to sign the safe very longterm contract to get maxed guaranteed money.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:20:49 PM EDT
[#27]

The Seahawks uniforms from the '80s and '90s were among the best looking football uniforms ever.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The Seahawks uniforms from the '80s and '90s were among the best looking football uniforms ever.
View Quote
That uniform looks really nice with the modern cut on it. It would be cooler if it had a King Dome patch on the outside instead of stuck inside the neckline where no one can see it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:31:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That uniform looks really nice with the modern cut on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That uniform looks really nice with the modern cut on it.

Disagree. The '80s cut with the mesh top was pure badass.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Barkley on contract: "I could say f*ck you to the Giants. I could say f*ck you to my teammates...You want me to show you how valuable I am to the team? I won't show up...That's not something I want to do...Am I prepared to take it to that level? I don't know."
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Barkley on contract: "I could say f*ck you to the Giants. I could say f*ck you to my teammates...You want me to show you how valuable I am to the team? I won't show up...That's not something I want to do...Am I prepared to take it to that level? I don't know."
View Quote
Going to Le'von bell himself.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo...RB's sitting out a year is a terrible strategy due to their shorter career spans.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Was part of an hour long interview. Some interesting bits.

Saquon Barkley talks contract dispute with NY Giants, getting paid in Bitcoin and the NFL

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 4:20:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hate when players pull this crap.  If you want to renegotiate every year, don't sign a long term deal.  

I loved Julio until he starting pulling that shit every year.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Time for the annual "guess the league's revenue based on the Packers mandatory public report" announcement.

The Packers received $374.4 million in national revenue via the NFL for the 2022 season.

Multiplied by 32 teams, that would be $11.98 billion (up from $11.1 billion in 2021).
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish.

I have to put one up on a tower to get a signal and that's too much damn work when the internet exists.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Lombardi Lenny is reportedly working out for the Patriots today.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Tickets for the 2023 Detroit Lions training camp sold out today, in the first day of sales.
Tickets went on sale at 10am ET and sold out just after 5pm ET (~7 hours).
People posted screen shots on social media showing a queue of over 5,000 people for certain days.
Training camp begins this weekend but the first date open to the public is July 29th (season ticket holders).
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Bingo...RB's sitting out a year is a terrible strategy due to their shorter career spans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel bad for RBs. The value of their position in dollars is declining, and probably one of the shortest careers of any position.

But, its a business. Listening to NFL channel on Sirius XM, someone suggested that maybe the NFL makes an exception and allows RBs to enter the draft earlier to maximize their earning potential. IDK?
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#40]
The $250M Patriots Gillette Stadium renovations are being finalized. Stadium will be ready to go week 1. Will feature a new 22 story tall lighthouse, new premium spaces and shopping areas as well as the largest outdoor stadium video board in the country.

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, please “show” us the value of an overrated very injury-prone RB and why his team should give him a monster contract.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:33:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is how the wife watches... and you can add to my rant that she complains about the reception when for $20 a month she can get basic cable... and $20 is not a major expense we can't afford.  Some games i drink $20 worth of liquor to deal with her complaining about the reception to save $20.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Rodgers is pretty well known in his rushing toward the sideline to extend the ball forward a moment before he steps out of bounds, especially when it’s not a contested spot like a first down or TD. Is there any stat compiled about QBs who do that, or if it’s accurately recorded?
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

No disrespect to the Bills Mafia... i respect a grown man who will dive off a pickup truck tailgate onto a flaming table because...  because.
I will have to think about getting a foosball table for the mancave to go with the firepit... or is that on TV?
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That uniform looks really nice with the modern cut on it. It would be cooler if it had a King Dome patch on the outside instead of stuck inside the neckline where no one can see it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife and I saw the last regular season home game in the King Dome against Miami... they won.  Then lost the next week to them in the playoffs.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 6:47:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

My wife and I saw the last regular season home game in the King Dome against Miami... they won.  Then lost the next week to them in the playoffs.  
View Quote
The next game was Dan Marino and Jimmy Johnson's last career win. They both retired after the 1999 season.

I was still just a kid at the end of the King Dome era so I can only remember going to one game there, and the memory that sticks out the most was all the fucking walking to get up all the ramps to the top.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No disrespect to the Bills Mafia... i respect a grown man who will dive off a pickup truck tailgate onto a flaming table because...  because.
I will have to think about getting a foosball table for the mancave to go with the firepit... or is that on TV?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Benn and RSG,

Get your tuxes, champagne, and fireworks ready.

Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#50]
@Bennjammin hasn't posted since May 3rd?

https://www.ar15.com/member/user.html?id=312684

I hope he's okay...
Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top