Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Matthew Stafford?

Matthew Stafford?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Stafford and Rodgers are arguably there for historical reasons.

What should a top-10 QB list look like for 2023?

Click To View Spoiler

Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, and Hurts are probably your clear top-4. You can tinker with the order a bit, but those are the guys.

The next 4 gets harder.

Herbert should be pretty high on the list. He wasn't statistically awesome, but he spent most of the season playing without his starting receivers, gritting through that rib injury, and making stuff happen.

Lawrence belongs here somewhere.

LJax... we've beat this to death, but he was a productive player on a barren roster. I think he's in the picture.

This brings us to 7. Who rounds out the top 10?

Tua is good, but he's padding his stats with crazy receiving talent.

Goff isn't elite or anything, but he's looking like one of the more underrated QBs right now. He is tainted by the Rams putting him behind a crap OL and trading him away.

Rodgers could make a comeback with a better supporting cast.

Cousins is an otherwise pretty good QB that takes WAY too many sacks.

Dak... we've beat him to death, too.

Geno started strong, but he didn't finish.

D. Jones has potential.

So which of this set of 7 goes into the last 3 slots of the top-10?

Also, I think it's funny that Rodgers and Stafford get the historical benefit of the doubt, but Russell Wilson does not.

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

None of the tagged RBs are getting contracts.

lol
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

RBs are overpriced and the market is adjusting.  It is what it is.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 8:35:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, and Hurts are probably your clear top-4. You can tinker with the order a bit, but those are the guys.

The next 4 gets harder.

Herbert should be pretty high on the list. He wasn't statistically awesome, but he spent most of the season playing without his starting receivers, gritting through that rib injury, and making stuff happen.

LJax... we've beat this to death, but he was a productive player on a barren roster. I think he's in the picture.

Goff isn't elite or anything, but he's looking like one of the more underrated QBs right now. He is tainted by the Rams putting him behind a crap OL and trading him away.

D. Jones has potential.

Also, I think it's funny that Rodgers and Stafford get the historical benefit of the doubt, but Russell Wilson does not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

The next 4 gets harder.

D. Jones has potential.

Cousins absolutely should be on that list in front of Stafford. Here's my top ten, which isn't much different than yours would be:

1. Kermit
2. Kevin
3. That Buffalo guy who's going to have his leg broken on a running play
4. Bobby Hebert
5. Hertz
6. Mr. Rodgers
7. Andrew Jackson
8. Lawrence of Arabia
9. The QB whose name shall not uttered lest it start a 37 page argument
10. Brothers
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:43:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ekeler and Taylor also quoted that tweet.

Oh no! You're only going to make about 5 times the lifetime earnings of the rest of us (in about 5 years) instead of 10+.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Colin Cowherd, speaking about Matt Stafford and the Rams, "I was told by a source I trust that they wanted to re-do his contract. He wasn't interested. It limits what they can do and they were frustrated with him."

Who could have seen that coming? Anyone?

His 2023 and 2024 money is all guaranteed right now. $58.5M.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Oh no! You're only going to make about 5 times the lifetime earnings of the rest of us (in about 5 years) instead of 10+.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can suck it up and play.

Big bunch of babies.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:31:08 AM EDT
[#15]
27 teams will have joint practices this year.

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:38:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Potentially unpopular opinion, but maybe the guy who had 80% of Christian Kirk's receiving yards should be paid more than a third of what he is next year.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:39:10 AM EDT
[#17]
We have officially arrived at this part of the season:

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F1VFJ2-aEAEZGSZ?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Bills
Jets
Dolphins
Patriots

Pats miss the playoffs and Bill gets fired or retires.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wishful thinking by 3 admittedly Jet's fan analysts. It's sad when Dan O is the voice of reason.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Potentially unpopular opinion, but maybe the guy who had 80% of Christian Kirk's receiving yards should be paid more than a third of what he is next year.
View Quote

Who are we talking about here?

Based on context, I'm guessing Ekeler even if he's closer to 65% of Kirk's receiving yards.

Two things:

1) Christian Kirk is overpaid. The general reaction when the Jags gave him that contract was "buy why?", and the perception of his value hasn't really improved since.

2) Even the best receiving RBs are still pretty crappy receivers. CMC got 85 receptions for 8.7 YPR. Ekeler got 107 receptions for 6.7 YPR. Most quality WRs get 12+ YPR. Kirk got 13.2. Lazard got 13.1. Amari Cooper got 14.9. Waddle got 18.1.

The fact that Ekeler racked up 722 receiving yards while only averaging 6.7 YPR says more about the situation he was in than the value of the player himself. His teammate Josh Palmer, a guy with little recognition, was more productive and efficient (107 receptions for 769 yards and 10.7 YPR) in the same system.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe Taylor, Ekeler, Barkley, Henry, etc. should switch positions!

Oh wait...
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#22]
QB's is a tough one this year.  The top 7 or so seems pretty easy.  

1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Burrow
4. A-A-Ron
5. Herbert
6. Groot
7. T. Lawrence

But the last three get tricky.

8. Hurts (can he perform w/o a monster team?)
9. Carr (can he truly break into the next level?)
10. Stafford (Too old? Too injured?)

And then you have a bunch of other contenders. Dak & Kirk. They always look good but seem to underperform towards the end. Do we just set them up for failure by bumping them up? Can Tua perform without two No. 1 receivers? Will Calamari ever grow up? Is Tannehill on the downward slope? How does Rus look with an actual NFL head coach?
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Not a problem.  There are plenty of people who would gladly take his job.  Fans would still watch or buy tickets whether he is there to play, or someone else is there to play.  There isn't a single person in the NFL that is so valuable that they cannot be replaced.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Wishful thinking by 3 admittedly Jet's fan analysts. It's sad when Dan O is the voice of reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guy may be an idiot but when everyone else was shitting on Josh Allen, he was still saying Allen would be good.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

She definitely has a great body. It's mystifying to me that people bag on her face, though. Sure, she's not a 9 or a 10, but not many women are. I'd give her a 6/10 face and 9/10 body. Compare her complete looks to what we see in BOTD and get back to me.
View Quote

She’s the 27 year old wife of the biggest name in the NFL that won multiple Super Bowls, multiple MVPs and is worth hundreds of millions of dollars.  She has access to the best plastic surgeons, personal trainers, dieticians, and hair and makeup people that money can buy.  

The fact that in order to make a person like that look good by comparison, you have to compare her to the wives/GFs of randos on an internet message board says it all.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Pats miss the playoffs and Bill gets fired or retires.
View Quote

Just in time for Josh M to get fired from the Raiders and return.*

or hire BOB to be coach and GM because he was great at it down in Houston

*Actually rooting for the Raiders with Jimmy G there now.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:39:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

they have been together since high school
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As annoying as she is, she cheers like a motherfucker for the guy.
But like all the unmarried basement dwellers here, it's only because of the fame and fortune. Lol

Yup, she got her hooks into him early.  I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s the only woman he’s ever had sex with.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Allen, Carr, and Geno?

Allen, Dak, and a rookie?
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Allen, Carr, and Geno?

View Quote

IMO they need a young guy to contrasts young players & vets. Maybe Lawrence or Hurts? They need a super star QB, so Allen/Burrow. For a very veteran super star Rodgers would be interesting, but I doubt he'd go for it.

For the 3rd guy Dak/Carr/Geno are all good suggestions,  but Love/Fields/Baker etc. could all end up being good choices too.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Allen, Carr, and Geno?

View Quote

I'm still trying to figure out why Mariota was picked for the first go around. He is proof positive that not all Heisman winners are good NFL players. I heard some clips of him trying to justify quitting on the Falcons, his spin didn't match up at all with what was being reported locally.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yup, she got her hooks into him early.  I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s the only woman he’s ever had sex with.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/B808A596-DB4B-45D2-B34F-4918A10FC11F_jpe-2890318.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But like all the unmarried basement dwellers here, it's only because of the fame and fortune. Lol

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/B808A596-DB4B-45D2-B34F-4918A10FC11F_jpe-2890318.JPG

Let’s run with that assumption for a bit.

If true, that probably means…

He’s never dealt with heartbreak.
He’s never been rejected.
He’s never had a STD.
He’s never been scared/tested for a STD.
He’s never had a baby momma chasing him.
He’s never had a girl’s ex vandalize his truck.
And the list goes on.

I know traditional values are pretty unpopular these days, but if he’s managed to avoid all that while still getting his needs met in the bedroom, I’d call that a huge win.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm still trying to figure out why Mariota was picked for the first go around. He is proof positive that not all Heisman winners are good NFL players. I heard some clips of him trying to justify quitting on the Falcons, his spin didn't match up at all with what was being reported locally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Allen, Carr, and Geno?

Having watched the show, it seems clear they didn’t want three high end QBs. They wanted guys in different places in their careers.

He seemed pretty disgusted with what was reported in the media. His version is he was flatly told he wouldn’t be put back in, so he got a knee issue fixed. If that’s even close to true, I can’t fault him for that.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:32:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Having watched the show, it seems clear they didn’t want three high end QBs. They wanted guys in different places in their careers.

He seemed pretty disgusted with what was reported in the media. His version is he was flatly told he wouldn’t be put back in, so he got a knee issue fixed. If that’s even close to true, I can’t fault him for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Allen, Carr, and Geno?

With only 4 games to go he could have put off his knee issue until after the season and been supportive of the rookie QB. That was part of the reason he was there to begin with. He quit on the team when he got benched for under performing, not a good look IMO.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

He’s never had a STD.
And the list goes on.

I know traditional values are pretty unpopular these days, but if he’s managed to avoid all that while still getting his needs met in the bedroom, I’d call that a huge win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s never had a STD.
And the list goes on.

Ya know? You make a good point. I withdraw my criticism.

If I ever forget and make fun of her again, you feel free to put me back in my place.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:00:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If I ever forget and make fun of her again, you feel free to put me back in my place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s never had a STD.
And the list goes on.

She’s still obnoxious.

But Patrick doesn’t seem like the kind of guy I’d drink a beer with, either…
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

But Patrick doesn't seem like the kind of guy I'd drink a beer with, either
View Quote
He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who likes drinking a beer with his wife or brother either...
Remember this one? YouTube
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:16:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Jason Kelce reppin all the girl Dads out there

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#38]
AFC scout on Rodgers: "I think everyone is afraid to say he's declined a little. He's still a great thrower and sees it really well, but he's more like [ranked] 8 to 12 for me."
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The guy may be an idiot but when everyone else was shitting on Josh Allen, he was still saying Allen would be good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The idiot part comes in when he claimed C. Wentz a superstar and hung onto that so long it got to autistic levels.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Browns white alternate helmets out

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:17:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Simple.

Good accurate kickers are worth their weight in gold.

Most running backs of now have shown they are not the elite backs of the old days.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

He’s never had a STD.
And the list goes on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s never had a STD.
And the list goes on.

Just because a 27 year old has only had sex with one woman doesn’t mean all of that is “probably” true.  IMO, it’s probably much more likely that is NOT true.

And of course that doesn’t even take into account the type of person she is.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#44]
The good news is we are 23 days away from football snaps so we can hopefully stop talking about Mahomes sexual proclivities. His brother however, when's the trial?
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Simple.

Most running backs of now have shown they are not the elite backs of the old days.
View Quote
Also, every team carries 3+ running backs.

There's 60+ running backs in the NFL who are on league minimum or rookie (not much better) contracts. They drag down the average.

Most kickers are not drafted (no rookie contracts) and teams don't usually carry a 2nd place kicker who brings the average down. If their kicker gets hurt then they make due with the punter (or going for 2) for the rest of the game then replace him that following week.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

She’s still obnoxious.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s never had a STD.
And the list goes on.

She’s still obnoxious.

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Simple.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Simple.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/history/leaders/_/stat/points

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#49]
I don't even know if i'll get to watch games this year, it's like $400 for the season or $250 if you drop $70 a month on youtube TV which i don't...

With all the different ways you need to subscribe to watch it's so annoying most of the time i'd rather drink by the fire and listen to country music (old county not new shit).

You almost need a masters degree to know how to watch each game... and god forbid something thinks you are in market when you are not...
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I don't even know if i'll get to watch games this year, it's like $400 for the season or $250 if you drop $70 a month on youtube TV which i don't...

With all the different ways you need to subscribe to watch it's so annoying most of the time i'd rather drink by the fire and listen to country music (old county not new shit).

You almost need a masters degree to know how to watch each game... and god forbid something thinks you are in market when you are not...
View Quote

So there are ways, but occasionally they change during each game.  Have used them almost exclusively when living in areas away from New England.

I've kind of stopped watching all TV.  Just cut cable and turned the thing off.  Occasionally watch highlights on a laptop.  My TV is about 60 miles away right now.

Page / 557
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top