Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Posted: 5/2/2021 1:32:19 PM EDT
The premier episode will drop on May the Fourth and will be 75 minutes. There will be 13 more episodes and they will drop on Friday mornings from May 7 until the end of the season.

Star Wars: The Bad Batch | Official Trailer | Disney+

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

A rundown of the important Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes for background for the involved clones:

Pertaining to Echo:
S1E5
S3E1-2
S3E18-20

Pertaining to Bad Batch(Hunter, Tech, Wrecker, Crosshair):
S7E1-4

Pertaining to Fennec Shand from The Mandalorian episodes:
S1E5
S2E14-16
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:37:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#2]
That doesn’t look diverse enough, I am surprised.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They’re clones of a white guy, kinda hard to be diverse if they’re the same genetically.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They’re clones of a white guy, kinda hard to be diverse if they’re the same genetically.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maori actually
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Each to their own but Star Wars is dead to me
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Disney will find a way...
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#7]
In to see how this goes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Republic commando meets clone wars. That has been untapped for far too long.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I think it's possible they could have designed the CGI to be more ugly, but there would be diminshing returns.  This is the most ugly and cost effective design they could come up with and apparently they are sticking to it.  Someone let me know they remake the Clone Wars stuff so it doesn't look like an ugly PS2 game.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:49:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Not one dime
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#11]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:55:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In to see how this goes.
View Quote
I'm not really a fan of much outside the first three movies, the prequels were passable and had a few good moments

Haven't been into any of the clone wars or other stuff until Mando came along

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I get the idea that these are "special" clones that have been genetically altered, but they look nothing like Jango Fett or even resemble the other clones. Throughout the Clone Wars episodes, we say several ways clones used tattoos, hair color, hairstyles and customization of armor to express their individuality. I don't know why the writers went in this direction. The team feels a little cliche with brooding leader, obviously big strong heavy, brains, silent tough guy. I hope they can get really compelling stories to make me like these guys.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I canceled after they fired Carano. I want to support more SW content, but I don't want to support Disney. Puts Conservative fans in a bind. Not that they care.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I get the idea that these are "special" clones that have been genetically altered, but they look nothing like Jango Fett or even resemble the other clones. Throughout the Clone Wars episodes, we say several ways clones used tattoos, hair color, hairstyles and customization of armor to express their individuality. I don't know why the writers went in this direction. The team feels a little cliche with brooding leader, obviously big strong heavy, brains, silent tough guy. I hope they can get really compelling stories to make me like these guys.
View Quote

They're not new to canon.   They all do have traits of Jango, but the genetic altering did make them more unique.    If Disney/LucasFilms fire KK and her sycophantical brood , I'll watch the series.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I saw them in CW S7. While the episodes were infinitely better than the Ashoka side quest, the eps were still not as compelling as the clone dynamics in The Carnage of Krell.

But if we get some world-building, Vader, Palps, Tarkington, etc - maybe even Ezra's parents or young Kanan, this could be good.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I saw them in CW S7. While the episodes were infinitely better than the Ashoka side quest, the eps were still not as compelling as the clone dynamics in The Carnage of Krell.

But if we get some world-building, Vader, Palps, Tarkington, etc - maybe even Ezra's parents or young Kanan, this could be good.
View Quote

The Bad Batch episodes in S7 were 5 years old by that point. The crudely animated story reels were available on youtube since 2015. I don't blame them for using something that was almost finished anyway. And if they were planning a spin-off show, it makes even more sense.

This show looks like it's going to give us (immediately) post Order 66 stories. Which should be really interesting to see.

The Ahsoka side quest was painful to watch.

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#18]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:40:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Bad Bitch

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm not really a fan of much outside the first three movies, the prequels were passable and had a few good moments

Haven't been into any of the clone wars or other stuff until Mando came along

View Quote

You'd like Rogue One. Other than that, I generally agree.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Not sure how I feel about this show...part of me thinks the Bad Batch are a one trick pony / single arc type characters...but I will check it out and hope I am wrong.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Im in to watch the pilot. Beyond that, we'll see how it goes. Not gonna watch it as fervently as Mando
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Tag...
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Will watch. Big Clone Wars fan and am interested in spin-offs like this
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never thought Fett was a white guy...
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was corrected, Maori.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some Rebels spin-offs would be neat...
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I was corrected, Maori.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was corrected, Maori.

Is that like a Pacific Islander? ...
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 3:32:13 PM EDT
[#31]
It will be good so long as Filoni is at the helm. The “Bad Batch” is George Lucas’s idea originally. So at least the general concept isn’t a product of Kathleen Kennedy.

Republic Clone Commandos was the best Star Wars games ever and I would have prefer seeing Delta Squad come back.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#32]
OST
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm stoked for it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 7:01:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Is anybody waking up early or staying up late for the premier?

I’ll be watching after work.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Ah yes, just like every other Star Wars thread.    We have the usual suspects that claim they’re done with SW, but yet post in every SW thread.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Ah yes, just like every other Star Wars thread.    We have the usual suspects that claim they’re done with SW, but yet post in every SW thread.
View Quote

Kinda trying to get you guys to stop giving money to a corporation that told conservatives to fuck the hell off.  

And failing, I guess.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:13:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ll probably stay up for it.

Quoted:

Kinda trying to get you guys to stop giving money to a corporation that told conservatives to fuck the hell off.  

And failing, I guess.
View Quote

Jesus, dude. Not everyone pays for it.
And for the ones that do, if they haven’t listened to you by now, I don’t think they’re going to start now.
You can’t live in America and not end up giving money to someone that hates you. We call that “taxes”. At least with this people are getting entertainment they enjoy for their money instead of paying for politician’s meals.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:27:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Can’t wait.

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And for the ones that do, if they haven’t listened to you by now, I don’t think they’re going to start now.
You can’t live in America and not end up giving money to someone that hates you. We call that “taxes”. At least with this people are getting entertainment they enjoy for their money instead of paying for politician’s meals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

And failing, I guess.

You can't choose to pay taxes, without legal consequences. You CAN choose who you pay for vapid entertainment.

Disney let Pablo post anti-Trump Nazi memes, but fired Gina for doing it. Guess what the lesson to Disney is when people keep sending them money?

And bullshit everyone isn't paying for it. You guys aren't pulling down l337 torrentz of Mandalorian. You're sending Disney money.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:51:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Stop giving Disney your money. Have some self respect.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:56:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You can't choose to pay taxes, without legal consequences. You CAN choose who you pay for vapid entertainment.

Disney let Pablo post anti-Trump Nazi memes, but fired Gina for doing it. Guess what the lesson to Disney is when people keep sending them money?

And bullshit everyone isn't paying for it. You guys aren't pulling down l337 torrentz of Mandalorian. You're sending Disney money.
View Quote

I didn't say everyone isn't paying for it. I said not everyone is paying for it. Do you see that there is a difference?
I am 100% not paying for disney plus. Since you seem so concerned about it, I use a friend of a friend's log in info. Have since day one.

With so, so many GD threads in which to shit, maybe go try one of the other ones.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:59:03 PM EDT
[#44]
This is basically a rip off of Karen Travis series of books where the batch of special forces clone troopers had a little too much individuality.

Gotta love how Disney takes ideas and tweeks them just enough to not pay credit towards anyone in the expanded universe.

Republic Comando 501st/Order 66

Like 4 books in total.

People hated some of what Karen Travis did but clones being part of the resostance and being able to basically "step in and out of the matrix" because they are clones was a kinda cool concept.

Some of the mandalorian stuff was also interesting.

But fuck Disney.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:03:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Stop giving Disney your money. Have some self respect.
View Quote

^this.  Fuck Disney+  If i do watch it.  It will be thanks to someone else.  Pirate, borrow, pick up second hand/used.

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:04:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I didn't say everyone isn't paying for it. I said not everyone is paying for it. Do you see that there is a difference?
I am 100% not paying for disney plus. Since you seem so concerned about it, I use a friend of a friend's log in info. Have since day one.

With so, so many GD threads in which to shit, maybe go try one of the other ones.
View Quote

It's cool. I'll shit in them all.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:07:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:13:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Just hasn’t tickled my interest at all.  Disney:  
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:16:53 AM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/njWtAqA.gif

Hell ya!

And for the record, I think Mandalorian was one of the best shows of the modern age. Watched Clone Wars, and then the extra last season thereof. But other than Rogue One, the rest of new Star Wars can die of AIDS after catching Ebola while getting off with dudes in a highway rest stop infested with Covid.

But what Disney did was a shot across the bow. I don't blame anyone (especially with kids) for keeping Disney+, but fuck em.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top