BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:24:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hell ya!

And for the record, I think Mandalorian was one of the best shows of the modern age. Watched Clone Wars, and then the extra last season thereof. But other than Rogue One, the rest of new Star Wars can die of AIDS after catching Ebola while getting off with dudes in a highway rest stop infested with Covid.

But what Disney did was a shot across the bow. I don't blame anyone (especially with kids) for keeping Disney+, but fuck em.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's cool. I'll shit in them all.

https://i.imgur.com/njWtAqA.gif

Hell ya!

And for the record, I think Mandalorian was one of the best shows of the modern age. Watched Clone Wars, and then the extra last season thereof. But other than Rogue One, the rest of new Star Wars can die of AIDS after catching Ebola while getting off with dudes in a highway rest stop infested with Covid.

But what Disney did was a shot across the bow. I don't blame anyone (especially with kids) for keeping Disney+, but fuck em.

I don't disagree with any of that.

And for the record, Tomislav Pivo is my favorite Croatian beer.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:25:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Gotta love how Disney takes ideas and tweeks them just enough to not pay credit towards anyone in the expanded universe.

But fuck Disney.
View Quote

phh disney is straight-up not paying book royalties for books they still publish....

https://www.polygon.com/2020/12/16/22166064/star-wars-alien-novelization-disney-royalties-sfwa-alan-dean-foster
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:27:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/njWtAqA.gif

Hell ya!

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't say everyone isn't paying for it. I said not everyone is paying for it. Do you see that there is a difference?
I am 100% not paying for disney plus. Since you seem so concerned about it, I use a friend of a friend's log in info. Have since day one.

With so, so many GD threads in which to shit, maybe go try one of the other ones.

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#5]
First episode was good. Cool Easter egg right off the bat. 16 episodes for this first season.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Just finished it. I think the show is off to a good start. The Order 66 stuff from different perspectives is interesting to see.
The "boy" from the previews...isn't. I was kinda at first, but I guess it's a girl version of a clone? Not sure how that works but I have faith that Filoni knows what he's doing. Excited to see where the show goes from here.

When the opening narration named the Jedi that was about to be shown I was like:

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just finished it. I think the show is off to a good start. The Order 66 stuff from different perspectives is interesting to see.
The "boy" from the previews...isn't. I was kinda at first, but I guess it's a girl version of a clone? Not sure how that works but I have faith that Filoni knows what he's doing. Excited to see where the show goes from here.

When the opening narration named the Jedi that was about to be shown I was like:

https://media.tenor.com/images/40771ad51ba40b80e2994fa9ea8e3c69/tenor.gif
View Quote

It was a fair first episode.  I'm in to see where it goes.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Republic commando meets clone wars. That has been untapped for far too long.
View Quote

They’ll just fuck it up.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Off to Saleucami to see Cut Lawquane next episode, and that's probably where Rex will be as well.

Sector J19 is the Saleucami sector when Eeth Koth was being held by Grevious Obi-Wan read his hand signals and they said sector J19 the Saleucami system.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Good soldiers follow orders.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Just watched it with my daughter. It was good, definitely had some dark moments. Anyone got any idea who or what Omega is? I hope Favreau and Filoni didn't go woke with the Omega character.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not one dime
View Quote

bittorrent is your friend
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just watched it with my daughter. It was good, definitely had some dark moments. Anyone got any idea who or what Omega is? I hope Favreau and Filoni didn't go woke with the Omega character.
View Quote

I thought it was pretty evident. Defective force sensitive female clone.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clone of whom though?
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Off to Saleucami to see Cut Lawquane next episode, and that's probably where Rex will be as well.

Sector J19 is the Saleucami sector when Eeth Koth was being held by Grevious Obi-Wan read his hand signals and they said sector J19 the Saleucami system.
View Quote

That’s a good catch.

I wonder if Rex would be there or if he is on Seelos already. They may be going to Cut so they can find Rex.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't say everyone isn't paying for it. I said not everyone is paying for it. Do you see that there is a difference?
I am 100% not paying for disney plus. Since you seem so concerned about it, I use a friend of a friend's log in info. Have since day one.

With so, so many GD threads in which to shit, maybe go try one of the other ones.

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That’s a good catch.

I wonder if Rex would be there or if he is on Seelos already. They may be going to Cut so they can find Rex.
View Quote

Nah he's gotta catch up to Gregor and Wolf first, I bet he told Echo about Cut and that it would be a good place to hide out if shit went sideways someday and Echo told his new friends because they wouldn't care about a deserter because to hell with rules right.

Plus Cut owes Rex for not remembering any of "this".
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Clone of whom though?
View Quote

I'm pretty sure she is a Fett clone, facially she looks like Boba when he was pretending to be a cadet at near the same age, just with a little more feminine features. Her natural hair color isn't blonde her eyebrows are brown. May the Kaminoans were experimenting with the DNA and created a female force sensitive I mean their cloning tech is the best in the galaxy ....
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure she is a Fett clone, facially she looks like Boba when he was pretending to be a cadet at near the same age, just with a little more feminine features. Her natural hair color isn't blonde her eyebrows are brown. May the Kaminoans were experimenting with the DNA and created a female force sensitive I mean their cloning tech is the best in the galaxy ....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clone of whom though?

That would actually be pretty cool. As long as they don't go all .. Oh... This is a clone of Palpatine....she'll be the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy. Because that would suck.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:58:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Mostly enjoyed...hated that they changed Caleb's Order 66 story from the comics.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I thought it was pretty good and we got (spoiler) right off at the start! I hope that means we'll see him again.

Why do y'all think Omega is a force sensitive clone? Aside from all the other cloning force sensitives storylines I didn't pick up on any abilities aside from the lucky shots at the end. But I attributed that to the fact that she has Jango's DNA all over her.

A female clone doesn't feel that woke to me (not as woke as Mary Sue Rey does all things with no training). Really not that far off from Laura / X23 clone of Logan in Marvel.

Hoping we'll see Rex saving Wolff and Gregor soon.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Mostly enjoyed...hated that they changed Caleb's Order 66 story from the comics.
View Quote

And this is why I don't pay attention to the comics. A lot of people are losing their shit over the current Vader goes to Exegol storyline right now. Like, why doesn't redeemed force ghost Anakin tell Luke that "the Senate" has a planet full of Sith cultists and a bunch of clones and head off the whole post Jedi f-up?
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I wanted to see Wrecker demolish about a dozen clones in the food fight scene.

It was neat to see the medical droid again.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Why do y'all think Omega is a force sensitive clone? Aside from all the other cloning force sensitives storylines I didn't pick up on any abilities aside from the lucky shots at the end. But I attributed that to the fact that she has Jango's DNA all over her.
View Quote

"He can see things before they happen. That's why he appears to have such quick reflexes. It's a Jedi trait."

Qui Gon to Shmi Skywalker.

They made it pretty clear she can see things before it happens and the reflex's with the gun ect.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#25]
I want Kal Skirata and his dog.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That would actually be pretty cool. As long as they don't go all .. Oh... This is a clone of Palpatine....she'll be the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy. Because that would suck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clone of whom though?

A girl Jango clone I can handle.
This being the backstory to the Ep 9 retardery would be beyond lame.
Thankfully, as already mentioned, she looks like a young version of Jango/Boba. And you’d think Palpatine would be overseeing his clone personally, not leaving it up to the Kaminoans.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I thought it was pretty good and we got (spoiler) right off at the start! I hope that means we'll see him again.

A female clone doesn't feel that woke to me (not as woke as Mary Sue Rey does all things with no training). Really not that far off from Laura / X23 clone of Logan in Marvel.

View Quote

I think a force sensitive clone would explain the prime ministers scene about keeping it quiet for now.  That would not make sense if it were just a female jango clone.   And a force sensitive clone would tie into the Dr. Pershing/Mandalorian story line.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Disney will find a way...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're clones of a white guy, kinda hard to be diverse if they're the same genetically.

Disney will find a way...
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

Eh. Who knows. Guess we’ll find out.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

And bullshit everyone isn't paying for it. You guys aren't pulling down l337 torrentz of Mandalorian. You're sending Disney money.
View Quote

Would some mod give me his COC if I said that I bought pirated DVDs from a Chinaman?

Because I bought DVDs from a since-banned seller on ebay. Because Disney fucks pangolins.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#31]
My daughter and I just finished the Kaydan comics so I too was a bit turned off by the changes. I guess they could still incorporate characters and parts of the story of Caleb Dume.

Overall we dug the first episode. I love this time period right after order 66 and felt the movies never really gave it the attention ot deserved for such a huge moment in the SW universe.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Would some mod give me his COC if I said that I bought pirated DVDs from a Chinaman?

Because I bought DVDs from a since-banned seller on ebay. Because Disney fucks pangolins.
View Quote

That was Randy Marsh....
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read somewhere that she is the last clone of Jango... hence Omega.  And I don't think she's force sensitive.  I think she has heightened senses the same as Hunter.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I doubt she is "defective" in the same way the Bad Batch are. Their accidental genetic mutations were enhanced for greater lethality.

I'm guessing Omega is a "strand-cast", an intentionally genetically engineered person. Whoever's DNA they combined with Jango's was probably force sensitive and the Kaminoans are keeping that secret for now.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:51:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree that there is nothing so far indicating Omega is force sensitive, but who knows as the series goes on.  My impression is that she’s a genetically modified Fett clone, in that she’s female, like the other 4 Bad Batch members are also modified clones.  Her skills with a blaster could simply be just another part of the genetic modification process, as the Bad Batch clones all seem to be superior soldiers.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:58:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

A girl Jango clone I can handle.
This being the backstory to the Ep 9 retardery would be beyond lame.
Thankfully, as already mentioned, she looks like a young version of Jango/Boba. And you’d think Palpatine would be overseeing his clone personally, not leaving it up to the Kaminoans.
View Quote

Omega's story will probably play into it, but Exegol and Snoke are mostly being unfucked by the comics right now. Palpatine had been working on the Final Order since the early days of the Empire, which explains why the Xyston class Star Destroyers are just scaled up ISD-Is rather than ISD-IIs. Palpatine was also working on cloning his future host for probably just as long. He is shown to have Luke's severed hand on Exegol with early failed clones. So there's a high probability that Snoke was made with a combination of Luke and Palpatine's DNA.

What I'm guessing is that Omega is force sensitive. It's eventually discovered by the Empire, which kicks off Palpatine's force sensitive cloning experiments because Vader is walking husk and unsuitable for the force transfer. That leads into Moff Gideon's hunt for Grogu's blood, which ultimately creates either Snoke, Palpatine's son, or both.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:06:49 PM EDT
[#37]
I wasn't picking up any "force-sensitive" vibe from Omega, but I wonder about her lucky shot on Crosshair. Could be the force, could be her heretofore unmentioned genetic-defect-special-talent. You know, just like the other individual genetic-defect-special-talents the rest of the Bad Batch have.

The real question is will Crosshair become the villain of this series, or will they be able to get him back into the Bad Batch fold?
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:37:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I wasn't picking up any "force-sensitive" vibe from Omega, but I wonder about her lucky shot on Crosshair. Could be the force, could be her heretofore unmentioned genetic-defect-special-talent. You know, just like the other individual genetic-defect-special-talents the rest of the Bad Batch have.

The real question is will Crosshair become the villain of this series, or will they be able to get him back into the Bad Batch fold?
View Quote

She basically read his mind in the cell before he was taken...
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:55:36 PM EDT
[#39]
I predict this show will be "The A-Team in Space"..... but that's cool.

While there was nothing super spectacular about the episode, it was a great continuation of TCW.... and the tie-in to the Kanan backstory was a nice touch.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Crosshair’s new Imperial armor:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 3:35:20 PM EDT
[#41]

I thought it looked a bit Deathtrooper like.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that is definitely a strong possibility. But it could also be her knowledge of the clone programing since she worked in medical with the Kaminoans.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#43]
The Bad Batch X Kanan tells Ezra about Order 66
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#44]

She has no traits of them but the necklace thing she wears on her head isn't that much unlike what Shaak Ti wore, and Ahsoka's Padawan braid, and has an almost Togruta type marking on it.

There's some clue there I just can't pin it down.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

She has no traits of them but the necklace thing she wears on her head isn't that much unlike what Shaak Ti wore, and Ahsoka's Padawan braid, and has an almost Togruta type marking on it.

There's some clue there I just can't pin it down.

https://i.imgur.com/kxW4d7r.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SIZjRfB.jpg
View Quote

The headdress they wear are made from Akul teeth.  That's culturally specific to Togrutas.

Omega's amulet looks like the same thing that her Kaminoan handler was wearing.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That was Randy Marsh....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was Randy Marsh....

Yeah, like the rat didn't do it first before telling Randy to try it. Knowing Disney they probably stole sex with bats and pangolins from the Brothers Grimm just like the rest of their catalog.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Im in to watch the pilot. Beyond that, we'll see how it goes. Not gonna watch it as fervently as Mando
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Looks like we were both wrong:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:57:19 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes

Still cool though.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Who are they going to meet next episode on Friday?
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top