Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:05:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fairly decent episode, good moment between Wrecker and Omega.

Definitely a character development and side quest episode.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Yes, that is definitely what is going on.

This episode was a weird mix of a little kid surviving against all odds and soldiers killing civilians. Kinda

I wonder if we’ll see Agent Kallus show up at some point.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:16:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I wonder if we’ll see Agent Kallus show up at some point.
View Quote

The events of Rebels are about 15 years after what we're seeing right now...
Would be a young Kallus...
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:55:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The events of Rebels are about 15 years after what we're seeing right now...
Would be a young Kallus...
View Quote

So, no sideburns?
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fairly decent episode, good moment between Wrecker and Omega.

Definitely a character development and side quest episode.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm enjoying this series immensely so far.  Dave Filoni and his team really have a knack for storytelling and exploring nuances and complexities that are glossed over in the larger arcs, namely the transition from clones to non-clone storm troopers, etc.   These guys get an easy pass from me if they produce a weaker episode here and there since overall they generate very strong content, IMO.  

YMMV and that's cool.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder who the clone is they are looking for to replace Jango’s DNA.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Also, after thinking about it a bit, I wonder;

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’ll have to watch it again but it sounded like it could have been any of the missing clones.

ETA: if they had any brains, they’d be looking to Boba Fett for dna
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 2:16:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Was it just me, or did one of the replacement Troopers look like Iden Versio
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 4:30:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Was it just me, or did one of the replacement Troopers look like Iden Versio
View Quote

I thought the same thing, but the timing is all wrong.

I was surprised to see Gurrera's team & civilians getting so coldly wiped out, given Disney's approach to lesser violence in Rebels. This feels much closer to Clone Wars pre-Disney to me.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 4:44:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I've watched the first two episodes.

The animation style doesn't bother me too much...except for Omega's hair and eyes.  They are distracting me from focussing on the show's story.  Her hair was already a little distracting but after she removed that head pendant thing...now her hair looks too matted on her forehead.  The animators keep giving her eyes an oversized appearance while also making them look especially glossy.  It gives the vibe of the animators trying too hard to make the character appealing and likeable.

I figured that Omega was familiar with clone design and programming, since she was working as an assistant to a Kaminoan scientist.  She would have observed that Crosshair was still under the influence of his clone programming and understood that he would subsequently betray his rebellious squad.  It wasn't until reading comments here that I realized Omega could be Force sensitive.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#13]
In episode 1 when they were in the “thunderdome” being tested. Was that entire sequence in a trailer?

I swear I’ve seen it before. Was it possibly an homage to something else I’m remembering? Weirdest sense of deja vu ever. Rather than a moment like it usually lasts it stuck with me through the entire scene.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 4:54:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope it picks up the pace. EP1 was great. EP2 ok, EP3 mostly time filler.

I am losing interest.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In episode 1 when they were in the “thunderdome” being tested. Was that entire sequence in a trailer?

I swear I’ve seen it before. Was it possibly an homage to something else I’m remembering? Weirdest sense of deja vu ever. Rather than a moment like it usually lasts it stuck with me through the entire scene.
View Quote

Very similar scenes in some early Clone Wars episodes
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

That training arena has been in several episodes between The Clone Wars and Rebels; although the one in Rebels isn't the Kaminoian one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#17]
@JAD762

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
@JAD762

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Ming Na Wen is 57....so I would think 50s in the Mandalorian and maybe 20s for Bad Batch??
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#20]
I personally really like the animation. I guess I’m the only one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:19:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’m thinking they are looking for Omega. She could be the start of a line of force sensitive clone troops.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:31:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I’m thinking they are looking for Omega. She could be the start of a line of force sensitive clone troops.
View Quote

When he looked at the empty table, I assumed he was referring to Clone Force 99.  If the Kaminoans started up an all-female force, this thread would have a meltdown.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#23]
The girl was better in this episode.

Regards to the accent, it just seems a bit exaggerated or played up to me.  Have heard kiwi accents plenty of times and hers sounds more fictional than a real world accent.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:44:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I hope it picks up the pace. EP1 was great. EP2 ok, EP3 mostly time filler.

I am losing interest.
View Quote

There are 16 episodes this season. They can’t knock it out of the park every week.

At least it isn’t the Martez sisters arc.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I personally really like the animation. I guess I’m the only one.
View Quote

I like it. Always have.

Quoted:

At least it isn’t the Martez sisters arc.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:54:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I've given it an honest shot, but at this point I think it's pretty stupid.  Star Wars is slowly revealing itself to be one long string of daddy issues.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

When he looked at the empty table, I assumed he was referring to Clone Force 99.  If the Kaminoans started up an all-female force, this thread would have a meltdown.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they were wanting her, Hunter, Wrecker, and Tech back to combine their DNA with Crosshair’s so they could create what would basically be super soldiers.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:20:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The girl was better in this episode.

Regards to the accent, it just seems a bit exaggerated or played up to me.  Have heard kiwi accents plenty of times and hers sounds more fictional than a real world accent.
View Quote

Her accent seems normal to me.  Some kiwis just have stronger accents.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#29]
This has gotten me to re-watch Star Wars Rebels. Really forgot how good that show was especially the last couple of seasons
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Man, through the week this thread dies so hard that Bruce Willis must be in it.

Y’all know what tomorrow is, right?

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 1:37:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/266317/9676345D-8940-4775-963A-488E3D763DD3-1949276.jpg
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 4:59:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/266317/9676345D-8940-4775-963A-488E3D763DD3-1949276.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 5:58:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, if you leave dirt out in front of your tv on Thursday nights, they say that you’ll have dirt angles made by Omega when you wake up Friday morning.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 6:12:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Fennec!
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 6:23:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was my take on it as well. She seems to be somewhat of an empath, which implies some level of force sensitivity. It also dovetails nicely with the story line in the Mandalorian as they were still working on that project, presumably because efforts with Omega failed because it either simply didn't work or they failed to recover her.

And as to Crosshair's team slaughtering civilians, it's a predictable move done to paint him and the empire as evil. The same was done at the beginning of Episode 7 when Finn was introduced and didn't fire on the civilians when ordered.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:22:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That was my take on it as well. She seems to be somewhat of an empath, which implies some level of force sensitivity. It also dovetails nicely with the story line in the Mandalorian as they were still working on that project, presumably because efforts with Omega failed because it either simply didn't work or they failed to recover her.

And as to Crosshair's team slaughtering civilians, it's a predictable move done to paint him and the empire as evil. The same was done at the beginning of Episode 7 when Finn was introduced and didn't fire on the civilians when ordered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t EVER reference the sequel trilogy again. They never happened and are not canon.

You should be ashamed.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:26:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Don’t EVER reference the sequel trilogy again. They never happened and are not canon.

You should be ashamed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should be ashamed.

They were trash, but just pointing out the mouse seems to like a showy war crime to make it unambiguous who the baddies are.

And as much as I hate it, the force sensitive clone arcs are leading to the story in the those shot show movies.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#39]
I thought it was weird that they went to Pantora, whose people have the same Aussie/Kiwi accent as Omega, and nothing was made of it. I was expecting some sort of connection.

Riyo Chuchi Scenes Pack/Comp
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I was corrected, Maori.
View Quote

You were incorrected.

Link Posted: 5/21/2021 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Today's episode didn't do a lot for me.

I'm also dismayed at the thought of Brie Larson being Mara Jade, so that may be casting shade on my whole perception of SW, which wasn't particularly rosy to begin with.   Love Filoni's work, but next week will need to pick it up a notch IMO.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Today's episode wasn't bad. Still formulaic though. Was happy to see Fennec Shand and hopefully we'll see some more of the Bounty Hunter's Guild.

I'm also super unhappy with the Brie Larson/Mara Jade rumor going around.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 11:51:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Bad Batch is just bad.

I am disappointed. Get on with the fuckin story already.

I hope it rebounds.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Bad Batch is just bad.

I am disappointed. Get on with the fuckin story already.

I hope it rebounds.
View Quote

The story hasn’t advanced much, but they’re expanding on the characters a bit like they’re making Omega fit in and be one of the crew.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Who do y’all think Fennec is working for right now?

The Kaminoians, Boba Fett, The Hutts, Crimson Dawn, or Tarkin?
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:04:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Kaminoans is my guess
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:42:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Kaminoans is my guess
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kaminoans is my guess

Possible. Without the empire buying clones, they need a new source of revenue. Losing a valuable one-off clone would be a major issue. They want all the bad batch back, but there's something special about her that's yet to be fully revealed.

Following the "force sensitive clone" theory, it's also possible she's working for Sidious.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 1:07:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Possible. Without the empire buying clones, they need a new source of revenue. Losing a valuable one-off clone would be a major issue. They want all the bad batch back, but there's something special about her that's yet to be fully revealed.

Following the "force sensitive clone" theory, it's also possible she's working for Sidious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kaminoans is my guess

It could be anybody. But the Kaminoans are the only ones that know about Omega that we know about.
It seemed like Tarkin was in the dark on her and they wanted it that way. Could be Sidious. He seems to be behind everything.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 1:13:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It could be anybody. But the Kaminoans are the only ones that know about Omega that we know about.
It seemed like Tarkin was in the dark on her and they wanted it that way. Could be Sidious. He seems to be behind everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kaminoans is my guess

They're the most likely, because as you said, they're basically the only ones who even know of her existence. If she is force sensitive though, Sidious could have sensed her out.  And I agree, little seems to happen without him either knowing, or making it happen.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 1:39:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They're the most likely, because as you said, they're basically the only ones who even know of her existence. If she is force sensitive though, Sidious could have sensed her out.  And I agree, little seems to happen without him either knowing, or making it happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kaminoans is my guess

Kaminoans do seem to know where to find bounty hunters...

Hopefully they pick up the pace a little and we find out soon. My kids love the show but too many episodes like the last one and I’ll lose interest pretty quick.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top