Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 38
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I want a gaffi stick and a jezail really bad now.

This episode gave me a bit a Dune vibe, actually.

Click To View Spoiler
Also, I really like what they did with the Hammerhead.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The first episode was ok, second episode was very good.  I look forward to the rest of the season.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Episode 2 was Dances With Massiffs (those lizard dog things)

Also I'd be fine with Fennec as my crimelord queen
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Kaminoans lied when they said his age acceleration was not enabled.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boba Fett should be close to 37, but is being played by a 61 year old bloated, fat guy.

What.

Just find a younger Moai guy and move on. Geez.

The Kaminoans lied when they said his age acceleration was not enabled.

Heh.

Or they could've put "get in shape" in his contract.  Or just not take the helmet off.  Keep it on and you can replace the actor with a new stuntman every week and voiceovers.

Basically make Boba Fett into the Stig, but add a voice actor.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#5]
2nd episode was much better, but I'm not seeing the value od spending so much time on flashbacks and flashbacks of flashbacks.

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 10:23:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I liked it but I really want some more action.

As the episode started, I was thinking Boba was being more of a reactionary dumbass. Go here, make threats, get schooled.I kind of expect that with Din Jarrin as he's less experienced, but still capable. But he held his own against the Hutts and Black Krrsantan. I hope we get a good fight between the two of them. They know each other in the comics, and Boba alluded to Krrsantan's time in the gladiatorial games - so it'll be interesting to see what comes over for the comics.

I really liked the Tuscan backstory. The whole acceptance into their culture, learning their ways and language. The lizard thing caught me off guard, but it was cool. Get reptile peyote and go on walkabout I guess.

The big question I have:

Click To View Spoiler
The other thing:

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]
First episode was a good start.

Thoroughly enjoyed the second episode.
The Tuscan stuff was actually more interesting than the crimelord stuff. AND it was a decent length.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 10:56:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Didn't realize Pykes we're fish people.

Thought the Tusken was going to show his face too before the lizard drug sesh.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I liked the second episode, even with the noble savage trope (Dances with Wolves, Avatar, etc).  I also snickered at the shooting from the train, another reference to the old west.

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:03:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I was between dances with wolves and Lawrence of Arabia
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Decent episode.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:38:32 PM EDT
[#12]
This show has a really weird vibe...I wasn't all in on the first episode, but now I'm hooked.  You know Boba is gonna be in a pickle with those Hutts and the Tuskens are gonna appear on the roof tops. And the Pike Syndicate!!!

Was that Cammi from the ANH cut scenes?
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:31:37 AM EDT
[#13]
E2 was a lot better than E1 (though that's not exactly a high bar ).

It's still perplexing and annoying to see Boba Fett walk into a room filled with strangers (many of whom probably wish him dead) and willingly take off his badass and highly protective helmet exposing the head of crusty old man because reasons.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:37:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Why was the first episode such shit?

I just finished this episode, and my first impression was, "That was fucking cool. I enjoyed most of that."

Is it enough to make me a Bobaliever? I dunno yet. He's always going to be "that guy" from the previous movies. By the way, I hereby trademark that term. "Bobaliever."

The "Wookie-gone-bad-who-would-never-be-allowed-back-on-Kashyyyk" has me wanting more of that. In a narrative, it's always great to have a mid-level villain you can get invested in. I expect more goodness from that storyline. The "Dances with Tuskens/Vision Quest" part was amusing, much better than the previous episode's flashbacks, despite flashbacks being a horrible way to tell a story, but...whatever. Going native is a classic trope, overdone, but fun here, as it gives his character a bit more depth.

I mean, Boba Fett was a ruthless, merciless asshole in all previous media, even as a child, despite the fact of being "that guy". This gives his newfound sense of honor and sense of being an anti-hero instead of a villain at least a modicum of a reason to have happened.

Fennec still needs to find a reason to exist though. Ming-Na-Wen (or however many hyphens her name has) really isn't adding much to the narrative. Basically, she's a tool for the writers to bounce dialog off of Fett for exposition at this point. They're really relying too much on goodwill from people who watched The Bad Batch and The Mandalorian as far as her character goes. There's potential there, but they're failing to meet it.

Anyway...

Episode 1:  Garbage.
Episode 2:  Good, enjoyable Star Wars fun. Relied a bit too much on tired tropes.

What will Episode 3 bring?
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:20:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Part of me thinks some of this is guys my age (late 40s) who saw A New Hope when it dropped in '77 and grew up making up their own stories until Lucas make And now they get to make the shows we're watching.

Boba Fett teaching Tuscan Raiders how to rob a train sounds like something my friends and I would have made up when we were kids.

I always, always had Boba pegged as the guy that worked for the highest bidder when I was a kid. Most of the time it was the Empire because they paid well and he could get a steady paycheck. Or the bounty hunter guild, again, steady work. Sometimes the Rebellion because they really needed something and had to pay or were forced to work together to achieve a common goal. To me, Fett deciding that he's had enough and wants to call the shots from a higher level seems like a natural evolution of the character, unless you want to get all Mandalorian and have him trying to become the Mandalore. But Din Jarrin seems to be walking that path at the moment.

I do want to see more of bad Wookiee.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:42:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The other thing:

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote
I think i can only comment on the second question. The Bad Batch didn't bring a second rancor. That was indeed the same one that Luke killed in ROTJ. Remember that it was a juvenile rancor they obtained. Also remember that was just after Order 66 and the events of ROTS, which was approximately 26 years before ROTJ. So, chronologically it does fit.

ETA;, where was it stated that it isn't the same rancor? If i'm wrong, i'd really like to look it up.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 4:29:23 AM EDT
[#17]
The Twins furball champion or Body guard what ever you want to call that dude was bad ass.  I hope we see more of him.  

I also like the whole Sand People stuff and it was interesting seeing the ceremony of the gafii stick and how sacred it is for each of them. I always liked the Tusken Raiders they were always the coolest.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 4:35:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Holy shit.
I had to turn it off. This was bad. Like complete fucking garbage bad. Some of you enjoyed this? Really?

Boston Dynamics robots? Are you fucking serious?
View Quote

You are upset that the sci fi show had real robots in it?
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 5:15:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy shit.
I had to turn it off. This was bad. Like complete fucking garbage bad. Some of you enjoyed this? Really?

Boston Dynamics robots? Are you fucking serious?

I honestly thought it was great.  When Star Wars premiered there were no robots you could buy off of the shelf.  We now live in a world where Star Wars level tech is on the horizon.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 7:03:19 AM EDT
[#20]
This second episode bored me.  I’ve seen it many times over in different movies. From the start, I knew how it would end. I’m just not getting into this show. The main character just doesn’t do it for me. I can’t take him seriously as a bad ass bounty hunter.  He looks more like a gardener who found some cool armor and wears it mostly when it’s convenient
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#21]
I am really enjoying this series so far. While it is not perfect it makes Star Wars fun to watch. The bad Wookie was fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 7:52:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The Twins furball champion or Body guard what ever you want to call that dude was bad ass.  I hope we see more of him.  

I also like the whole Sand People stuff and it was interesting seeing the ceremony of the gafii stick and how sacred it is for each of them. I always liked the Tusken Raiders they were always the coolest.
View Quote

I'm upset they gave them blaster rifles.  Previously they were using slugthrowers.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Between the Hutts and the Pykes, this may be more than Boba and Fennec can handle with the two Gamorreans. That is if Boba doesn’t have another run-in with the Syndicate during a flashback.

I’d like to see Boba get the Trandoshans on his side to help him fight the Wookie
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 9:41:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was between dances with wolves and Lawrence of Arabia
View Quote
All I could think of was the train scene from Lawrence of Arabia.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 9:43:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Show is shaping up to be a another homage to Westerns, which I like.

Fett entering Toschi Station was very similar to the old western motif of thr gunslinger walking into a bar when the local thuggery is causing problems.

The train job, another classic western motif.

Him being adopted into the tribe, same deal.

The "current time" is very much more of the classic gangster picture. Which again, I like.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 9:50:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This show has a really weird vibe...I wasn't all in on the first episode, but now I'm hooked.  You know Boba is gonna be in a pickle with those Hutts and the Tuskens are gonna appear on the roof tops. And the Pike Syndicate!!!

Was that Cammi from the ANH cut scenes?
View Quote
Yes, that was Camie.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 9:57:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Between the Hutts and the Pykes, this may be more than Boba and Fennec can handle with the two Gamorreans. That is if Boba doesn’t have another run-in with the Syndicate during a flashback.

I’d like to see Boba get the Trandoshans on his side to help him fight the Wookie
View Quote

Boba doesn't even leave anyone to guard his new palace.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 1/6/2022 10:36:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He really does need to start hiring/recruiting if he's going to be a crimelord. Otherwise all he's going to be is a heavily outnumbered crimelord in his own immediate vicinity. Within blaster shot, as it were. That won't last long. I don't think the Tuskans are going to be much help. Or they will be, but only because the Entire Sioux Nation Trope rears it's ugly head. That's only going to fly once, to get him out of a jam. I doubt the Tuskans want to come in off the plains and join him on the Rez.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I think i can only comment on the second question. The Bad Batch didn't bring a second rancor. That was indeed the same one that Luke killed in ROTJ. Remember that it was a juvenile rancor they obtained. Also remember that was just after Order 66 and the events of ROTS, which was approximately 26 years before ROTJ. So, chronologically it does fit.

ETA;, where was it stated that it isn't the same rancor? If i'm wrong, i'd really like to look it up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The other thing:

Click To View Spoiler

It’s not the same rancor. The BB captured a female rancor named Muchi. The rancor in ROTJ was a male named Pateesa.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would bet a small amount of money that the sand people are going to save Bobas hide at some point in the season.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I would bet a small amount of money that the sand people are going to save Bobas hide at some point in the season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But would you bet a case of PMags?

Just to be clear, I am NOT offering to bet ANYONE a case of ANY ITEM on ANYTHING.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hmm.. it seems there are conflicting accounts.

Star Wars website databank: Says it's the same Rancor

Nerd sites say otherwise. Wookiepedia says 2 rancors too.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Show is shaping up to be a another homage to Westerns, which I like.

Fett entering Toschi Station was very similar to the old western motif of thr gunslinger walking into a bar when the local thuggery is causing problems.

The train job, another classic western motif.

Him being adopted into the tribe, same deal.

The "current time" is very much more of the classic gangster picture. Which again, I like.
View Quote

I agree, I am liking it more than I thought I would.

I always had a soft spot for the sandpeople, and thought Jawas should be roasted over an open fire on a rotisserie and fed to the scavengers.
Thieving little fucks.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

But would you bet a case of PMags?

Just to be clear, I am NOT offering to bet ANYONE a case of ANY ITEM on ANYTHING.  
View Quote

LOL!

No.  Plus all bets must be agreed upon by both parties by contract, notarized by European royalty.

Bet amount may not exceed one Canadian cent.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:28:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Hmm.. it seems there are conflicting accounts.

Star Wars website databank: Says it's the same Rancor

Nerd sites say otherwise. Wookiepedia says 2 rancors too.
View Quote

Nerd sites are right.

The rancor Luke killed was in a comic and was referred to as a male named Pateesa.

I could see an argument that Jabba changed its name.  But I'd imagine that there's easier ways of getting a male rancor than getting a juvenile female, exposing it to liberal ideology, and convincing it that its pronouns are he/him.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:44:42 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm just glad they fixed the size of the door to Jabba's palace.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I agree, I am liking it more than I thought I would.

I always had a soft spot for the sandpeople, and thought Jawas should be roasted over an open fire on a rotisserie and fed to the scavengers.
Thieving little fucks.
View Quote
I hate Jawas, I respect Sand People.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:00:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

LOL!

No.  Plus all bets must be agreed upon by both parties by contract, notarized by European royalty.

View Quote
Denmark doesn't really count as European or Royalty.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Whatever happened to the guy that posted the concept art from each episode in high-res?

He stopped updating halfway through Mando S2.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm just glad they fixed the size of the door to Jabba's palace.
View Quote

When Fennic came back with the captive and they opened the garage door, I was wondering why they didn’t use a smaller entrance.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Dang. I would have never guessed.

Link Posted: 1/6/2022 8:18:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
He's named Black Krrsantan and they wouldn't bring him out for just one scene.  He's in a lot of the comics and lots of fans will know who he is.  He was part of Luke and Obi Wan's backstory on Tatooine before EpIV and has been written into off-camera stories driving the main cinematic plots throughout the original trilogy.

He also associated with another character I'd love to see get a show, Aphra.  She's Indiana Jones in the Star Wars universe, but with more questionable morals.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
He's named Black Krrsantan and they wouldn't bring him out for just one scene.  He's in a lot of the comics and lots of fans will know who he is.  He was part of Luke and Obi Wan's backstory on Tatooine before EpIV and has been written into off-camera stories driving the main cinematic plots throughout the original trilogy.

He also associated with another character I'd love to see get a show, Aphra.  She's Indiana Jones in the Star Wars universe, but with more questionable morals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even w/o that it's hard to imagine them introducing the most badass looking Wookiee (sorry, Chewy ) ever before seen in live-action Star Wars media and then have him just disappear after being on screen for 30 seconds.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 9:53:35 PM EDT
[#47]
After thinking back on my thoughts of Boba fighting both the Pykes and Hutts, I think I see what they’re going for.

Both groups were introduced in the same episode, building up tensions with both groups. I predict that we’ll see a big battle with both groups, the Syndicate being in flashbacks and the Hutts in “current time” in the same episode.

I’m hoping the battles aren’t in the same episode.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:07:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

LOL!

View Quote

I bought one square foot of land in Scotland. I’m a European Lord.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 12:01:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!

Link Posted: 1/7/2022 2:06:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I figured he was going to be important in some way. He is too bad ass looking to be just a fly by night, 2 min character
Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top