BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
so none of the Mad max movies are actually about Mad Max anymore?
View Quote

You don't get it man, its like a brand now bro!
Like RAM and Corvette.

You can then make a little EV two seater RAM and a Corvette 8 person EV SUV. Still a Corvette man!

(I hate that shit, too)
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Yay! Gurl Power!

Load of shite.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]

They really should have done a movie to bridge Mad Max and the Road Warrior.

This new one looks like a bunch of shitty CGI.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:31:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Seems so out of place in a franchise that is known for practical effects.

Hard pass for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow.

That's some shitty CGI.

Hard pass for me.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:41:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The girl boss thing, it’s all so tiresome.

Oh, and Anya looks like Sid from Ice Age.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68624/8182514A-452B-4121-86DF-7C1093B5A645-3045577.jpg
View Quote

A Sid I'd like to fuck, maybe.

But yeah she's weird looking and does that one wide eyed naif look all the time, but frankly it works for her she's still somehow hot.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 11:16:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow.

That's some shitty CGI.

Hard pass for me.

All of this.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think I'm the only one who thought Furry Road was way overrated.
View Quote

You thought wrong.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#8]
The dawn of a new She-ro.   Girl power !

In the future, we fight with monster trucks and spear guns...
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Woke girl Mad Max, no thanks.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No. It sucked
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think I'm the only one who thought Furry Road was way overrated.

No. It sucked

I thought so too.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like they went CGI crazy on this one.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yay! Gurl Power!

Load of shite.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2023 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Mad Max is a teenage girl now?
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Fury Road was the best fucking Mad Max ever made. Sorry, Not sorry a bunch of people were offended by strong female character who lived and thrived through untold horrors in that barbaric universe.

Anyway, fucking excited about this.

I was really hoping to see a Mad Max sequel, but then again, Miller's universe is huge and can have many different adjacent
stories going on. Though Max is more of a legend/mythical person being told about from generations after his actually lived.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fury Road was the best fucking Mad Max ever made. Sorry, Not sorry a bunch of people were offended by strong female character who lived and thrived through untold horrors in that barbaric universe.

I was really hoping to see a Mad Max sequel, but then again, Miller's universe is huge and can have many different adjacent
stories going on. Though Max is more of a legend/mythical person being told about from generations after his actually lived.
View Quote

Overall, I liked Fury Road well enough. The move was cinematically amazing (saw it in 4K 3D) and Tom Hardy played a pretty good Max but, I did not appreciate Max being so sidelined in his own movie. So, while not bad, it could have been better.

If they want to make a "cinematic universe" in the modern Mad Max world, at least give us a couple movies with Hardy as Max, since you just introduced him, and then feel free to spin off Furiosa.

Just MHO.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fury Road was the best fucking Mad Max ever made.
View Quote

Word. Fun, fast paced, awesomeness. Quotable as fuck, too.

Witness me!
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Witness me!
View Quote

You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Witness me!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Does it have the flame throwing guitar guy?
View Quote

This! Also,get out of my head @Jason280 lol
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hard pass for me.

Hard pass for me, too.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
“Put a chick in it and make her gay!”
View Quote

Yep. Same ol trope.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#23]
That looks like a bunch of CGI. I thought that director was the practical effercts guy?
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Just more cheap Hollywood crap.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#25]
This kind of smells like a woke version of madmax. I guess we shall see.

What I really liked about all the previous max maxes including fury road was that most of the vehicles and stunts were real.

This curiosa movie looks suspiciously like a lot of CGI which would be disappointing. Like I said we shall see.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They really should have done a movie to bridge Mad Max and the Road Warrior.

This new one looks like a bunch of shitty CGI.
View Quote

They don't have the balls to do stuff like this anymore:

Link Posted: 12/2/2023 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Fury Road was fantastic.  This, however, looks like it misses the mark.  The trailer has to do an overt narration?  The cinematography looks, well it just looks off, and not on par with the visuals of Fury Road.

Maybe the trailer just sucks?
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll make my own decision
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fury Road wasn't a Mad Max movie. it was a Furiosa movie and about her saving all of the female slaves. Mad Max the character just happened to be in it, but he had very little effect on the plot and the movie. He was a gimmick.

This is just another Furiosa movie.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 12:46:32 AM EDT
[#30]
I'll pass! Where is the tie in to the last of the series? Hollywood is fat on stupid people's money. Too lazy to make something new and actually good. Something that mainstream Americans will enjoy
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 12:51:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Is that that fish eye chick? Naah, I'll TPB it and probably turn it off 20 mins and watch Critical Drinker's review instead.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 12:52:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I thought it was pretty good.
View Quote
It was pretty good. Really good, even.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 12:52:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Saw the preview, looks fucking horrible.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 1:05:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
But the other Max movies have very little to do with Max.  He's there and he's the catalyst for: the settlers trying to escape from Humungous, or Auntie trying to get rid of Master-Blaster, and his skills are what help those other people to achieve their goals.  But they are almost never Max's goals. And, so, at the end they ride off and leave Max standing in the desert.
View Quote
That's why Mad Max (1979) is so fucking awesome. Sure Road Warrior and Fury Road - and even Thunderdome - are all entertaining as hell, but the original was a real character study. Such a great film.. This might prove to be the same if done right, but it won't be.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 1:07:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Fury Road wasn't a Mad Max movie. it was a Furiosa movie and about her saving all of the female slaves. Mad Max the character just happened to be in it, but he had very little effect on the plot and the movie. He was a gimmick.

View Quote
Bullshit. Take Max out of Fury Road and how does it end? On the road with a bunch of dead trim.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 1:17:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That looks like a bunch of CGI. I thought that director was the practical effercts guy?
View Quote

People said the same about Fury Road. They were wrong. George Miller shot it practical and added some cg to enhance, but all of those insane crashes were real. Personally, I loved Fury Roan and Furiosa as a character- this and Alien: Romulus are my two most anticipated movies. George Miller is a genius - a doctor who left medicine to make movies. I’m 100% confident this will be amazing.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 1:21:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Gawd.  Anya Taylor-Joy is the weirdest-looking woman that's also sexy as hell, but really?  A Mad Max spinoff?
View Quote
ATJ has Winona Ryder W-I-D-E eye spacing.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

WTF? it was mediocre at best thanks to the practical stunts.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Bump so it can be official at some point.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 11:15:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Put a chick in it make her gay and add a bunch of cgi...

Watching on my phone so maybe it wasn't all cgi or some odd artifact of imax but there was some really off movements and shit for vehicles with too shiney textures and weird lighting.
Half the appeal of the mad max stuff was the practical effects and cobbled together ratrod stuff.
View Quote

Yeah the bad CGI was obvious in the trailer.  I can only imagine how much worse it will be in the rest of the movie
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 12:28:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 9:12:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Siskel and Ebert, I am not.

Link Posted: 12/13/2023 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#43]
I hope Miller can pull this off without it being a Mary Sue story.  

Regardless, I'll see it eventually.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didn't see it that way.  Max's story is always about what is right, and keeping good moral character when all around you is evil and falling.  He wants to help everyone, but knows he can only do so much as one man.  His feeling of guilt is constant, by not being able to "save" everyone.

Let's look at his story arc in Fury Road:

He had the guts to try and escape.
Thus, led to his classification as "high octane" blood...
Which turned into him being brought along for the chase...
Then he helped all of those women, including Furiosa, to survive...mostly.  He did a LOT of sacrificing for the good of others.
He had a lasting effect on at least one of the warboys, in such a short time frame.
At the end of the day, he did the best he could and saved lives, by doing the right thing all the time.
His personal guilt remains.

Max is and always will be the hero, and example to look up to.

Furiosa came off as more of a poorly planning idiot in Fury Road.  Her heart seemed to be in the right place, but really she just wanted to get herself back to the green place.  She failed...miserably, and got some of the people she was trying to help killed in the end.  Of note, she couldn't have remotely accomplished a fraction of the "good" of what she did without Max.

I'll wait for some reviews on this new one.  I enjoyed the story of Fury Road, but the visuals/audio/cinematography/dialogue are really what made it special.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Witness me!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fury Road was the best fucking Mad Max ever made.

Witness me!

+3

Mediocre!

I call the ammo stash, the bullet farm.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 1:18:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I didn't see it that way.  Max's story is always about what is right, and keeping good moral character when all around you is evil and falling.  He wants to help everyone, but knows he can only do so much as one man.  His feeling of guilt is constant, by not being able to "save" everyone.

Then he helped all of those women, including Furiosa, to survive...mostly.  He did a LOT of sacrificing for the good of others.
He had a lasting effect on at least one of the warboys, in such a short time frame.
At the end of the day, he did the best he could and saved lives, by doing the right thing all the time.

Furiosa came off as more of a poorly planning idiot in Fury Road.  Her heart seemed to be in the right place, but really she just wanted to get herself back to the green place.  She failed...miserably, and got some of the people she was trying to help killed in the end.  Of note, she couldn't have remotely accomplished a fraction of the "good" of what she did without Max.

I'll wait for some reviews on this new one.  I enjoyed the story of Fury Road, but the visuals/audio/cinematography/dialogue are really what made it special.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's insightful and I had not looked at it that way. My complaint about Max being sidelined in his own movie still stands though and is my primary issue with the movie. Same thing with Superman Returns. Brandon Routh barely has any lines in the movie. It's all about freaking Louis Lane. Sound familiar?
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 3:15:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Furiosa.

Sounds like a Mexican bootleg non OSHA approved aggressive floor stripping compound.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 8:32:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That's insightful and I had not looked at it that way. My complaint about Max being sidelined in his own movie still stands though and is my primary issue with the movie. Same thing with Superman Returns. Brandon Routh barely has any lines in the movie. It's all about freaking Louis Lane. Sound familiar?
View Quote

Thank you!  Like you, I was disappointed when the Fury Road trailers came out and even on my initial viewing, I thought that it was a Furiosa movie instead.  However, after I watched it again and then put a little more thought into it, I came to the realization above.  I can easily see where most people would feel like Max was sidelined.  I'm going to watch it again over the Christmas break, somewhere between Die Hard and Christmas Vacation....  Out of curiosity, I may try to calculate the screen time of Max vs. Furiosa, for funsies.

I've learned to not set any expectations before going into a movie, and also to catch a few reviews before spending for a theater.  It's worked out much better this way.  For example, I was able to really enjoy The Batman by following that advice (and I am a huge fan of the Nolan versions).
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 8:43:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Fury Road was awesome. There’s something wrong with you if you didn’t enjoy it.

Based on this trailer… not optimistic about this one. Hope Miller can pull it off.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top