BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 9:06:29 AM EDT
[#1]
We don’t need another hero.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Fury Road was dumb and barely entertaining and this one looks about the same.

Link Posted: 12/1/2023 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Great, another franchise taken over by GURL POWURR
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think I'm the only one who thought Furry Road was way overrated.
View Quote

Not only that, but whereas Road Warrior (1981) was a passable and semi-plausible extension of the first MM film (1979), George Miller really lessened the credibility of the original themes with the third movie, MM Beyond Thunderdome. It was like he caved into Hollywood studio pressure to make the franchise less dark and serious, and less directly violent, and more campy, like a Saturday afternoon kids film.

Fury Road was just a mutation of Road Warrior with a “feminist” angle added by Theron’s character. I wasn’t that impressed with it either, especially when the Interceptor got crashed inside the first 3 minutes of the movie.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 9:33:41 AM EDT
[#5]
My biggest complaint about Fury Road was "not enough Max".
Now, you want me to watch a Mad Max movie with no Max at all? Hard pass.
I am so over all this fucking girl power bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 9:36:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My biggest complaint about Fury Road was "not enough Max".
Now, you want me to watch a Mad Max movie with no Max at all? Hard pass. I am so over all this fucking girl power bullshit.
View Quote

This nails it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 9:54:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Two men enter.

One All Powerful Tranny leaves.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#8]
The concept of a Fury Road Furiosa prequal is retarded and I hate tiny girl boss shit, yet the trailer got me interested and I'll probably watch it.  I'm not proud of it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Gawd.  Anya Taylor-Joy is the weirdest-looking woman that's also sexy as hell, but really?  A Mad Max spinoff?
View Quote

Bestest stronk woman EV-AR!
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Gotta give it to my man George. Convinced a bunch of good looking women to stand outside in a freezing Namibian desert wearing silk negligee then soak with with water. Zoe Kravitz nipples not only are fantastic to behold but they looked like they were about to launch into orbit!

Plus, supposedly after the primere viewing. Robert Rodriguez allegedly stood up and exclaimed "How the fu*k did you do that?" to George and the audience (referring to the hour long car chase).

AND George had his wife edit the movie. She had never done an action movie before and she did a fantastic job.

Plus, this is all from the guy who also did Babe and Happy Feet!
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#11]
But the other Max movies have very little to do with Max.  He's there and he's the catalyst for: the settlers trying to escape from Humungous, or Auntie trying to get rid of Master-Blaster, and his skills are what help those other people to achieve their goals.  But they are almost never Max's goals. And, so, at the end they ride off and leave Max standing in the desert.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fury Road was fucking awesome.
View Quote

Word. Best theatre experience of my life.

Will watch.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll watch it. She's a younger version of Theron's character & Hemsworth is a younger Immortan Joe.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#14]
The CGI looks so overwashed I could barely watch or understand what was going on in the preview.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'll watch it. She's a younger version of Theron's character & Hemsworth is a younger Immortan Joe.
View Quote

My problem is that Furiosa was just a generic girl-power character that didn’t do much and Immortan Joe wasn’t even an interesting villain.  Nothing about those characters made me wish I knew more about them.  Hell, Master/Blaster was more interesting than those two, and I don’t want or need a movie about them either.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Hollywood recipe = replace the main guy with a girl + emasculate all the villians
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:30:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Still haven't figured out what planet ATJ came from and looking at her face makes me dizzy - but I wish more of them would show up.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Will watch as soon as can has download.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. You’re not.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
"Put a chick in it and make her gay!"
View Quote
This. Tired of being fed "girl boss ultra-badass"...

How is it a Mad Max movie if Max isn't actually the main character? It's more strip mining of a better IP to put butts in seats.

Well... not my arse. Fury Road stunk on ice... this looks actually worse.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:59:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No. It sucked
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. It sucked

Agreed.  I can turn my brain off for a bit to enjoy a mindless action flick, but I just couldn't keep it turned off that long.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My problem is that Furiosa was just a generic girl-power character that didn't do much and Immortan Joe wasn't even an interesting villain.  Nothing about those characters made me wish I knew more about them.
View Quote
Oh no, I'd like to see more Immortan Joe.  If you think about it Immortan Joe was rather sympathetic in Fury Road, though I didn't notice until he rolled his truck suicidally attempting to avoid hitting the pregnant woman.  His methods were crude, but he preserved his corner of civilization. He had a peaceful, mutually beneficial three way trading relationship with two other cities who were holding off the dune barbarians together (Gas Town and the Bullet Farm).  He maintained the pump infrastructure and gave away water to beggars who didn't appear to be taxed or abused.  He kept the War Boys as healthy as possible and gave them an ideology which wasn't any more extreme than most human military ideologies of the past.  His wives were being bred involuntarily, which was terrible, but they were bearing healthy children, which was necessary.  He risked his life to avoid harming an unborn son and grieved when he was killed.  Furiosa was kidnapped from a "utopian" rural tribe, but that tribe was all female, and therefore doomed in the long run. Then it turns out they nearly all died out quickly anyway after their territory deteriorated into a putrid swamp.  

He killed people, he kidnapped people, he did terrible things, but not much in excess of what the fucked up situation required.  Furiosa ends up in charge after his death, after she recklessly destroyed their trade relationships, betrayed her fellow troops, made deals with their barbarian and outsider enemies, and got 80% of the military killed while chasing her as she escaped to a dead end swamp, while bearing no children herself.  Who were they were better off with?
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 12:13:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Gotta give it to my man George.

Plus, supposedly after the primere viewing. Robert Rodriguez allegedly stood up and exclaimed "How the fu*k did you do that?" to George and the audience (referring to the hour long car chase).

View Quote

This was the whole reason for the film.

The practical effects and stunt coordination was so epically impressive.

Many people just don't understand that, but between the cinematography and the action sequences, the film deserved critical acclaim.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.  I watched it once and that was more than enough.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Furiosa.

Sounds like a Mexican bootleg non OSHA approved aggressive floor stripping compound.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Furiosa.

Sounds like a Mexican bootleg non OSHA approved aggressive floor stripping compound.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2023 1:09:16 PM EDT
[#28]
I live the Mad Max films. All of them

That said, for me anyway, I don’t consider anything beyond the first 2 as Max canon.   Just movies that take place in the Max universe. Stand alone movies

Will watch for the mayhem
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 1:15:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Like too many moves these days it's all visual with little to no story (nothing of interest or that makes sense). I typically can't get through them as my brain can't be turned off for that long.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You are not alone.
View Quote

it was visually stunning. Story? meh.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Must be pretty cool to have monocular vision.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 1:36:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
But the other Max movies have very little to do with Max.  He's there and he's the catalyst for: the settlers trying to escape from Humungous, or Auntie trying to get rid of Master-Blaster, and his skills are what help those other people to achieve their goals.  But they are almost never Max's goals. And, so, at the end they ride off and leave Max standing in the desert.
View Quote

true, they're all formulaic
Max is trying to go from A to B, someone fucks with his shit and he goes on a rampage
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 1:49:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Must be pretty cool to have monocular vision.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2023 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#34]
so none of the Mad max movies are actually about Mad Max anymore?
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Let's salvage this thread

Mad Max - Motörhead - Ace of Spades (Working Version)

Link Posted: 12/1/2023 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Looks like absolute typical crap! Will not acknowledge as Mad Max.
View Quote

Hell, I’d be happy with another low budget Mad Max than this shit. It looks fuckery to me.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Some Anya Taylor-Joy I could get behind:

Emma Deleted Scene Anya Taylor-Joy

Link Posted: 12/1/2023 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Mumble Road was just kinda meh. I think Tom Hardy played a great Max, but the “passing of the torch” to the girl boss Furiosa was lame. As it has been in every other franchise.

I do like expanded universe movies though and will watch this one too.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 4:55:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Let's salvage this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hirZFmRwXvE
View Quote

Thank you for that.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't think anybody asked for this movie. She was already the main character in fucking Mad Max's own movie. The movie was ok, but it's another instance in a long line of movies and TV shows where the main male character gets fucking sidelined in his own movie/TV show for girl power's sake.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#41]
I thought Fury Road was ok for a watch, but it left me not wanting more. It left me feeling like "OK, that's what a modern Mad Max film is going to be... that's done, let's do something else."

Also, is it just me or does this trailer feel very... edited. By that I mean all the shots feel like comps. Like everything was shot on a green screen and edited together in post. The actors feel like they are "apart" from many of the backgrounds of the scenes they are in. Some of the shots feel practical, as in "that is a stunt performer doing a stunt"... but a lot of the shots in the trailer feel very very fake. Makes me wonder if they just hurriedly churned out this trailer with fast and dirty editing / comp work just to get it out to start to gin up interest knowing that audiences are turning against these kind of girl power films lately.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 5:11:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope, it was trash.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#44]
More woke garbage I won't watch.  It will crash and burn.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Wow.

That's some shitty CGI.
View Quote

Seems so out of place in a franchise that is known for practical effects.

Hard pass for me.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#46]
It's sad when you have to have mad max in the movie title to try and sell the movie even though he's not in it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#47]
There's only one Mad Max.  He ain't no woman.

Link Posted: 12/1/2023 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Why can't Mad Max be about you know, Mad Max. Uugghhhh
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Same. Another grrrlll power movie? Looks like ridiculous CGI. Definitely a hard pass.
View Quote

The lead is 5'8" and maybe 120-130 on a fat day. All the muscle definition of an anorexic flamingo.  

So of course she can rampage through men twice her size.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, you're not bro.

Mad Max
The Road Warrior
Nothing else.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top