Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am convinced that govt contracts are a one way ticket to obsolescence. Trijicon is one of the best examples of this. Getting one upped at every chance by everyone else while they raise prices on optics that are a decade old or older.
View Quote

Agree
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:27:51 PM EDT
[#4]
So far I plan on picking up the PSA Krink in 5.56. That  would be great ! Lots of cool optic stuff too going on.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Any arfcom meetups today? I'm here till 11 but haven't been to the convention center yet
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

PSA owns Toolcraft now?
View Quote

All of the tools belong to PSA now.

PSA captian now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I didn't know that JJE owns Toolcraft.
View Quote

Quoted:

PSA owns Toolcraft now?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:35:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Holosun is really killing it. Is Trijicon there? I'm going to have to put closed emitter China optics on my ACOGs because the RMR is great until it rains.
View Quote

I was scrolling for new optics for 2023 on YouTube and came across the Trijicon booth and they didn't have much at all to show except I guess they have some new BDC reticles coming out for their 1.5 x  acog and they showcased their HD MRO which has been out for how long now?
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:38:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
... know how I know you know nothing about sales, manufacturing, and marketing?

How big do you think the market segment is who'd buy a SA clone rifle in an obsolete and not produced anymore caliber is?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/giphyggt-462.gif

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20998/792x33_jpg-2676040.JPG

What happens to the imports of PPU ammo after Serbia gets sanctioned? (assuming you kept up with the Serbian/Kosovo news)
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Any word from CZ and rumored scorpion 4?
View Quote

Classic Firearms did a video and one part of the video was in the CZ booth and there was no mention of a Scorpion 4
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I was scrolling for new optics for 2023 on YouTube and came across the Trijicon booth and they didn't have much at all to show except I guess they have some new BDC reticles coming out for their 1.5 x  acog and they showcased their HD MRO which has been out for how long now?
View Quote

Pathetic
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Pathetic
View Quote

Holosun is crushing Trijicon to death.

The night vision / thermal optics are next level.

Trijicon is on the fast track to irrelevancy.

Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Classic Firearms did a video and one part of the video was in the CZ booth and there was no mention of a Scorpion 4
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any word from CZ and rumored scorpion 4?

Not much point in a revamp of the Evo is there unless they've got a way to make it delayed blowback or locking bolt cheaper (or better performing) than the imported MP5s.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Pathetic
View Quote

Yeah, they are getting smashed by Holosun....but isnt everybody?  

Anything from Aimpoint?
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#18]
What the fuck! A krink only in 545? Wow. I was ready to buy a 556 and 762 like yesterday. A 545 isn't even on my radar. This sucks
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Those are really cool but is anyone really going to buy them at that price?
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 1:56:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ok PSA, you want to know what we will buy. I want and will buy:

300BO Krink
H&R M16A1

Hopefully I'll be grabbing an AK-V from you guys in a month or so.

View Quote

I wouldn't mind having the H&R 723 shown earlier
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Way too many AAC's going on

AAC - Americas Ammunition Company - JJE Capital owned ammo company
AAC - Advanced Armament Corporation - Former maker of suppressors and accessories
AAC - Advanced Armament Company - JJE Capital owned suppressor company making some Advanced Armament Corporation products

Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What the fuck! A krink only in 545? Wow. I was ready to buy a 556 and 762 like yesterday. A 545 isn't even on my radar. This sucks
View Quote

I can understand that to an extent, but 5.45 is still available (around the cost of 5.56) and they are going to start domestic production. It’s also the native/correct round for the gun.

Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:01:06 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

PSA owns Toolcraft now?

https://media.tenor.com/OZ3d4KSus4gAAAAM/assimilate-star-trek.gif

It’s a goddamn conspiracy to deprive you of your hard-earned money
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Man I love GD “you are making the STG in anything other than 7.92?  HOW DARE YOU”

“You are coming out with the krink in 5.45 first and not 300blk?  Wtf is wrong with you?”
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I understand the sentiment, but a 5.45 Krink is on my short list. 5.45 in a short rifle like that is among the finer things in life.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:02:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

MSRP $4,500 - $4,700

Retails  for $3,800

Released on Jan 18th.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

MSRP $4,500 - $4,700

Retails  for $3,800

Released on Jan 18th.

So it’s kinda like GM6 Lynx scaled down mostly in caliber & some in price.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:06:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Agree
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am convinced that govt contracts are a one way ticket to obsolescence. Trijicon is one of the best examples of this. Getting one upped at every chance by everyone else while they raise prices on optics that are a decade old or older.

Agree
Sig has continued to innovate, but they did so to grab the contracts. With that said, we will see where they are in 10-20 years. Hell we may not even be able to buy "weapons of war" by then, which will really stagnate innovation and development.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Man I love GD “you are making the STG in anything other than 7.92?  HOW DARE YOU”

“You are coming out with the krink in 5.45 first and not 300blk?  Wtf is wrong with you?”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha I was being a little facetious. I understand the roots, I just don't own any 545 ammo so I am crying inside a little.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Sig has continued to innovate, but they did so to grab the contracts. With that said, we will see where they are in 10-20 years. Hell we may not even be able to buy "weapons of war" by then, which will really stagnate innovation and development.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree

Along the same lines, what is going on with KAC?

They were involved in both large and small contracts 20 years ago. 10 years ago, you could buy complete guns, lowers, etc. from a variety of vendors. Now, it appears that production is extremely low volume with vendors screaming “don’t ask until 2024!”.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#32]
PSA is resurrecting the STG-44!
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Damn, PSA gonna cost this MallNinja some (more) money. Sounds like they are the darlings of SHOT this year.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Man I love GD "you are making the STG in anything other than 7.92?  HOW DARE YOU"

"You are coming out with the krink in 5.45 first and not 300blk?  Wtf is wrong with you?"
View Quote
To be fair, if you told me a krink was coming, I'd inherently assume 7.62 would be among the first chamberings for it. I think most people would. I'm not personally upset because it's not something I'm super interested in at the moment either way, but I am a bit surprised that it's not. I say let them cook though.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Will I be able to purchase that PSA Krink this year?
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#40]
(13:45)

36 New Guns Announced Today at Shot Show 2023: Canik, S&W, Bergara, Beretta, Browning, and More!
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

And when they have a chance to make a good product for the consumer market, they don't do it because it doesn't fit their government contract mindset.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And when they have a chance to make a good product for the consumer market, they don't do it because it doesn't fit their government contract mindset.
View Quote

Sounds like Colt all over again
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmxjYzjWQAYjDPi?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote
Those are pretty cool. Cooler without the fluted cylinder.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

PSA owns Toolcraft now?

https://media.tenor.com/OZ3d4KSus4gAAAAM/assimilate-star-trek.gif

It seems to be working well
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Why is there so little information on Holosun’s competition optic? The night vision and thermal optics are great, but I want more pics and specs on the comp optic.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#46]

Jonesing really hard for one of those………
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:41:25 PM EDT
[#47]

The more the merrier.

But I really don't see 'Why?'. The Dagger has virtually all the functionality covered, and another Polymer 9 just seems like a drop in the ocean. The effort toward a belt fed AR would have been better utilized.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Gross.
View Quote
That sub CQB is actually pretty cool. Integrally suppressed and the top rails rotate, so it can be folded with an optic mounted on it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Along the same lines, what is going on with KAC?

They were involved in both large and small contracts 20 years ago. 10 years ago, you could buy complete guns, lowers, etc. from a variety of vendors. Now, it appears that production is extremely low volume with vendors screaming “don’t ask until 2024!”.
View Quote

I mean none of us can speak for KAC, but the contracts they've landed in the past 2 years (just the ones we know about) absolutely dwarf the contracts they were winning 10+ years ago. They're in the midst of a $24M suppressor order for the USMC which is 5x or 10x bigger than the M110SASS contract when it was first awarded.

They're still cranking out product left and right, but most of it is going to the DOD or abroad. They're still releasing products to the civilian market, but more slowly than pre-covid.

However, things are absolutely normalizing now. Just 3 months ago, if 11.5 CQB uppers came in stock at a vendor even at scalp prices, they'd sell out in literal seconds. Yesterday, Primary Arms restocked those same uppers and they were priced slightly below MSRP and 8 hours later, they were still in stock. I haven't checked if they're still there today.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just came back to edit my post and say that Colt was another example of the same mindset.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top