Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#1]
But can you shoot the IWI Carmel by the sea?  
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But can you shoot the IWI Carmel by the sea?  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmnIygdXEA8qY54?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

That Genesis Lopez has a banging body in that Twitter link.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd like to see whatever is available on the ZENK RZMK-357 bullpup revolver.  I'm very curious about all of the questions the render doesn't answer.  Ugly and useless, maybe, but cant hep but be intrigued.   TFB article claims they'll have a shot booth.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Wheelgun-Wednesday-Zenk-RZMK-357-Revolver-3.png

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Wheelgun-Wednesday-Zenk-RZMK-357-Revolver-1-920x613.jpg
View Quote

Maybe if it dumped the shells on break open like a Schofield. But nope.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd like to see whatever is available on the ZENK RZMK-357 bullpup revolver.  I'm very curious about all of the questions the render doesn't answer.  Ugly and useless, maybe, but cant hep but be intrigued.   TFB article claims they'll have a shot booth.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Wheelgun-Wednesday-Zenk-RZMK-357-Revolver-3.png

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Wheelgun-Wednesday-Zenk-RZMK-357-Revolver-1-920x613.jpg

I bet reloads are as LOL as the trigger linkage and striker.  

Do they even let gun people design guns anymore or is it just millennials feeding AI generated art into cnc machines and hoping for the best?
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I totally forgot SHOT is going on.

Flew into Vegas this morning and it was nothing but OD and FDE backpacks, velcro patches on black jackets, and 46x30 pants clogging up the Uber waiting area.

Looked in vain for the BFL infringements
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:20:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmm PSA just posted this:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:24:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh, interesting.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:39:25 PM EDT
[#9]

9mm JAKL?
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:48:52 PM EDT
[#10]

All I can see is the flash hider/threads are off center of the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The crush washer fell into the thread undercut during assembly.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would like to give this a try.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:04:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I hope they have more than that...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New Holosun SCS-320. Fits the P320 factory cut, and DPP cuts

I hope they have more than that...

This guy's insta page is showing a Holosun thermal fusion sight.....

Instagram

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:14:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Hot damn.

I was going to be excited if they came out with a Prism optic, and here they are with a Thermal...
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:15:04 PM EDT
[#15]
New PTR 5.56 rifles. https://www.ptr-us.com/product/ptr-63/

They also have A3 style stocks and cans listed

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:21:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Now THAT's an interesting rifle.

It uses AR mags, triggers, and grips, and the serialized markings are on the lower? Wild.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:21:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Wow that looks like absolute dog shit
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:28:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Im trying to understand what kind of angle they’re going for with this product…AR mags I can kind of understand…That lower though…
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Not interested in that rifle, but totally down with the stock
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:35:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh, fuck me.  Really?

Damn this year is getting expensive for me.

ETA: does anyone with more knowledge of roller locks know if this would accept Wooden CETME furniture?
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:47:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Holy fuck. Kill that ugly thing with fire and go back to the drawing board.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:55:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Lol. CZ makes yet another optic ready pistol, still not offering a rail for a light.

New For 2023: CZ 75 A01-SD OR
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ll pass…
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:59:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup, Worse than dog shit even.  And someone was saying the IWI Carmel looked like shit?

The Carmel is a work of art.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:01:51 AM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes

W.T.F…..   I realize that AR mags are ubiquitous but just because you can doesn’t mean you should.  

Quoted:

That you unknowingly stepped in and then smeared all over the carpet as you walked through the living room.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:06:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Looks weird. Will the lower interchange with HK surplus? The front sight triple looks….odd.

Looks like trash.

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:08:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Lol. CZ makes yet another optic ready pistol, still not offering a rail for a light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75GF0oWeWf0
View Quote

That’s not a cz factory gun. It’s a cz custom gun.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:16:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Now THAT's an interesting rifle.

It uses AR mags, triggers, and grips, and the serialized markings are on the lower? Wild.
View Quote

The serial#/markings etc. are on the mag well which is part of the ‘upper’ on the HK roller locked guns. That lower looks terrible… I understand why they did the AR mag conversion though with the cost of hk 93 mags. I still feel like most people that are looking for an hk93 would have preferred a more traditional design.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:39:30 AM EDT
[#30]
That PTR-63 looks a lot like the HK G41.  The dual upper/lower stock pins, the bolt and mag releases seem to match the G41 design.

Honestly, if they ditch that retarded muh-operator-tactical 10-degree grip angle for something in the 25-35 degree range it’d look more normal.  PTR’s Mlok handguards also don’t do it for me, but that appears to be a standard HK93 carbine length one, easy to replace.

Dunno, could be a winner.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:50:23 AM EDT
[#31]
That PTR 63 is barf. I've had an AR grip HK lower, its dumb. Reach to the selector is way too far due to HK trigger pack box design. I get you have a favorite grip for an AR, but an HK style roller lock is not an AR. Stop it, get some help, MJ gif.

Furtermore, reach to the mag release button is about 3 miles, and no paddle mag release. I can't wait to watch videos of this tomorrow and laugh at PTR reps fumble and reach to change mags. Believe me, I'd love for roller locks to take plentiful mags, but it just doesn't work like we want it to work. PTR could do us a solid and flood the market with rock n lock proper mags though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:54:05 AM EDT
[#32]
We ask PTR, MKE, Zenith etc for more roller 5.56 guns, and this is what we get? A G41 that tapco jizzed all over? Nah fuck all that.

eta looked at the webpage 9 lb trigger pull, weighs over 8.5 lbs.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:58:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
We ask PTR, MKE, Zenith etc for more roller 5.56 guns, and this is what we get? A G41 that tapco jizzed all over? Nah fuck all that.

View Quote

I agree. But your going to have a lot of YouTube vids sucking PTR dick about this “improved” POS.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 1:38:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I agree. But you're going to have a lot of YouTube vids sucking PTR dick about this "improved" POS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. But you're going to have a lot of YouTube vids sucking PTR dick about this "improved" POS.
Fuck anyone that wants to tout this thing as the next coming of 5.56 roller goodness. Give me G3K clones, 32K clones, 33K clones, and just add the 53 to your line since you already do the 32P and 51's.

Why do companies do dumb shit like this. Been begging PTR for years for those basic requests after they stopped both their G3K's and 32K line. And yet those are the ones you can never find for sale and if you do, they're a premium. Some would call that a clue. And yes I own a 9CT that has been flawless from day one and one of my favorite guns to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 2:17:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Fuck anyone that wants to tout this thing as the next coming of 5.56 roller goodness. Give me G3K clones, 32K clones, 33K clones, and just add the 53 to your line since you already do the 32P and 51's.

Why do companies do dumb shit like this. Been begging PTR for years for those basic requests after they stopped both their G3K's and 32K line. And yet those are the ones you can never find for sale and if you do, they're a premium. Some would call that a clue. And yes I own a 9CT that has been flawless from day one and one of my favorite guns to shoot.
View Quote

And when this flops we'll hear for years how "people don't want roller delayed guns....the market doesn't want them"
BS we want something that doesn't look like some photoshopped meme of a gun. Seriously, you want an AR? Go out and buy an AR. They're everywhere. We want guns that aren't available or aren't available without spending an arm or a leg. For 99.999% of people that want a 33, they want one because it's a 33, because it's not an AR, because it's something different.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 2:21:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Smith & Wesson M&P 5.7

- 22 rd capacity
- Internal hammer
- Optics ready (no plate)
- New flat face trigger design

New Smith & Wesson M&P 5.7 First Shots: Does It Change The Game?

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 2:42:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
That PTR-63 looks a lot like the HK G41.  The dual upper/lower stock pins, the bolt and mag releases seem to match the G41 design.

Honestly, if they ditch that retarded muh-operator-tactical 10-degree grip angle for something in the 25-35 degree range it’d look more normal.  PTR’s Mlok handguards also don’t do it for me, but that appears to be a standard HK93 carbine length one, easy to replace.

View Quote

Yup. Wide handguard and standard angle grip, it might be okay. They got close....kinda

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 2:57:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Honestly, if they ditch that retarded muh-operator-tactical 10-degree grip angle for something in the 25-35 degree range it'd look more normal.  PTR's Mlok handguards also don't do it for me, but that appears to be a standard HK93 carbine length one, easy to replace.

View Quote

Exactly what I was thinking.  

If the lower is compatible with legacy lowers, I'll be on this like a bum on a bologna samich
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 2:59:57 AM EDT
[#39]
All PTR had do is make a 53 and they wouldn’t be able to keep up with sales.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 3:12:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yup. Wide handguard and standard angle grip, it might be okay. They got close....kinda

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/53395/DSC_0862a_jpg-2675176.JPG
View Quote

That's exactly what the majority of potential buyers want

All this reinvented triggers, stocks and bullshit M loc rails is pants over the head retarded.  Sure offer them in your web store, but just give it a basic rifle out of the box
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 3:18:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 3:28:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Smith & Wesson M&P 5.7

- 22 rd capacity
- Internal hammer
- Optics ready (no plate)
- New flat face trigger design

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-lyE22ekM8
View Quote

That looks awesome.

Lets just hope PSA is cranking out more 5.7 ammo.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 3:48:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which leads to the questions

1. Did they use a proprietary handguard or make it compatible with HK handguards?

2. Does anybody make an AR grip that looks like an HK grip?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 3:53:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

1. Did they use a proprietary handguard or make it compatible with HK handguards?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, if they ditch that retarded muh-operator-tactical 10-degree grip angle for something in the 25-35 degree range it'd look more normal.  PTR's Mlok handguards also don't do it for me, but that appears to be a standard HK93 carbine length one, easy to replace.

Looks like standard 33/93 handguard. As for question 2 ..I know a whole bunch of companies that make standard HK lowers .hint hint again PTR.

MKE/Century shown anything yet?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 3:55:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Only thing I want out of SHOT;

If I can buy a pair of color night vision home security cameras from Amazon for $60 damn dollars, I don't see any reason somebody can't make a set of $1k, tactical, durable, NVGs.  A guy like me with 2 kids and a mortgage wants  NVGs to play with.  Somebody has to have the ability to make NV 'common use'!

I admittedly don't understand the technology behind them, but considering the size/weight/price of something like a TV, cell phone, or computers have evolved to be less expensive with more features, why hasn't the night vision world done something relatively similar?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 4:22:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Just looks wrong.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:26:55 AM EDT
[#47]
S&W.... I just don’t get the fascination with the 5.7 round
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:37:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Only thing I want out of SHOT;

If I can buy a pair of color night vision home security cameras from Amazon for $60 damn dollars, I don't see any reason somebody can't make a set of $1k, tactical, durable, NVGs.  A guy like me with 2 kids and a mortgage wants  NVGs to play with.  Somebody has to have the ability to make NV 'common use'!

I admittedly don't understand the technology behind them, but considering the size/weight/price of something like a TV, cell phone, or computers have evolved to be less expensive with more features, why hasn't the night vision world done something relatively similar?
View Quote

The main issues is that digital night vision requires a lot more ambient light than intensifier tubes. The majority of the $60 NV cameras use IR flood light as well which is not passive. Those $60 NV cameras really only can see in the dark as far as the IR light can throw.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:00:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
S&W.... I just don’t get the fascination with the 5.7 round
View Quote

Right there with you...
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75GF0oWeWf0
View Quote

Not every gun has to be for HSLD Tactical Timmy. Its a competition focused gun from a competition focused custom shop.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top